1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I post pictures?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Pink Panda Priestess, Apr 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Panda Priestess

Pink Panda Priestess Official Red Panda

I only know how to share a link, but I've seen others just post a picture, how do I do that?

2. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

The easy way: The reply box has an "embed image" button, looks like a picture frame with a couple mountains and a tiny dot/the sun and is right next to the "embed video" button that looks like a strip of film with a play button at the center.
    Slightly less easy-way: Use the BBCode [IMG ][ /IMG] (remove the spaces)

Note that it's usually works best if you use the "open image in new tab" function and use the url from the new tab.

3. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

As TheMidnightRook said, there are two ways. First with the rich text editor. You press the "Insert edit image" button, which brings up a text prompt. You put your direct image URL (a URL ending in an extension like .jpg or .png) in the "Enter image url" field and press "Insert". The image will be added to where your cursor was in the text.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second way is with BBcode.

Code:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/cwJyQ5W.png[/img]
    becomes
    [​IMG]

The URL goes between the two tags.

Also you should know how to do spoiler tags as well. A lot of the time it's considered good etiquette to wrap your image in a spoiler tag, especially if it's large, or there are many of them.

Code:
    [spoiler=My Avatar][img]https://i.imgur.com/cwJyQ5W.png[/img][/spoiler]
    becomes
    [​IMG]

The text after the equals is the label of the spoiler tag. The content between the two tags is what is hidden.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    RedWard99, Nisiris, Bub3loka and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.