• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

how, exactly do notifications work?

iamnuff

Connoisseur.
i have a couple of threads "subscribed to" and i unchecked the "email me" option in my profile.

but i still get emails about notifications sometimes.

also, is your notifications options panel really the only place where you can check your unread posts?

I use this url and my main bookmark for the site. http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?action=unread

recently unread topics?

interesting, but not what i meant.

i mean unread posts to topics i have subscribed to

I will add that to the list, as I don't think it exists.

There is a recent posts link up in the recent topics box, but it doesn't specify your subscribed threads.

I think this may be what he was looking for, or very similar to it.

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies

However, it seems to only work for thread you've replied to. Testing now to see if it works with threads set to notify.

Edit: It does not work with threads you have set to notify. :-\

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i can check my notified threads the hard way if i have to, but whats bothering me is all these emails i keep getting, despite the fact that i unchecked the "email me" options in the notification panel.

i don't even get one email per update, i just get about half of them, and i have no idea why.

One of the settings is to send you an email once, the first time a topic updates but not any more until you visit the topic again.

As for turning off email notifications completely, that's not an option at present. The only way you could would be to stop using notifications. You can, however, reduce the emails to once a day or once a week.

EDIT: The no email's check isn't for regular notifications. It's for announcements, newsletters, and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back