1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change font size.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Leech, May 7, 2021.

1. Leech

Leech Getting some practice in, huh?

I know how to change my own text's font size, but how do I change it for when I'm reading somebody else' post?

ProZiin890 likes this.
  2. Sp0rkG0d

Sp0rkG0d Making the rounds.

Is it just me or did the default font size just shrink?

Victory00 likes this.
  3. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

Only "I know how to change my own" is in the default size. The rest of the OP is in various custom sizes.

OP, that's going to be a browser-side or device-side setting.

If you're using a desktop browser, the first thing I would recommend is adjusting the browser zoom level for QQ -- try looking for a "zoom" option in the menus, or pressing crtl-+. You could also try overriding the browser's minimum font size, or doing custom CSS such as with an extension like Stylish, but those risk breaking how things look.

If you're using a mobile (phone or tablet) browser, try looking for something about text size under an accessibility menu. I was assuming you'd have to go to your device's settings, but I just found an accessibility menu with a text size option in my Firefox, so check your browser too.

4. Leech

Leech Getting some practice in, huh?

I’m on Chrome and I have an IPhone XR. I went to the accessibility menu on my phone’s settings and changed my phone’s default text size, but it didn’t change QQ’s text size. I went into settings on Chrome but couldn’t find an accessibility menu, but I did try the zoom button and that worked to increase my text size. Thank you!

5. Sp0rkG0d

Sp0rkG0d Making the rounds.

I'd actually already made those adjustments its just that all of a sudden text started showing up smaller today even on things I'd already read which was odd. I'm guessing some setting got got changed on this computer that I didn't notice.

Victory00 likes this.
  6. Lazily

Lazily Making the rounds.

Thank you. Your advice really worked.

7. Oakgem217

Oakgem217 Connoisseur of Power Fantasy

I am also using ios, but my web browser (microsoft edge) doesn't have a native zoom button. I can pinch zoom in to read better, but then I constantly have to scroll left and right to read, which I would really prefer not to do. Is there some way to force zoom the webpage on my browser, or otherwise customize the text size of qq?

Lazily likes this.
  8. MissileTeatime

I'm not familiar with either iOS or microsoft edge, but I would expect to find a "default text size" setting somewhere. Look under accessibility settings for your browser and for iOS, or in very recent versions of iOS there might be a text size setting under display options.

Victory00 likes this.
  9. Oakgem217

Oakgem217 Connoisseur of Power Fantasy

There is a setting in ios to change the font size of apps that “support Dynamic Type” which I assume the combination of browser and forum software do not collectively have. As for the app itself, there are no accessibility settings.

10. MissileTeatime

Worth trying it -- I would expect a browser to be one of the easier places to implement that type of support (compared to something eg angry birds or clash of clans, although harder than something like notes), and all of my other ideas would involve add-ons.