• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

How to write on qq

Neondagger

I trust you know where the happy button is?
As the title suggests I have no idea how to write/post a story on qq please help/explain.

Could you describe where your main problem(s) lie?

Posting a story is relatively straightforward. Just make a thread like this in the appropriate sub-forum with your story post in it. Or is the problem more focused on the writing?

Well first, you need to have a story you want to post, or else you are kind of fucked. If you get past that step, you need to determine if your story belongs in the SFW creative writing section or the NSFW creative writing section. If your story has nudity or sex, it belongs in the NSFW section. SFW Creative Writing is here, NSFW creative writing is here.

At the top of each section, there's a button called "post thread." Push that, title your story, and the copy paste any chapters you have written. I suggest you add relevant tags to a story, so that more people can find your story.

If you want help actually writing a story, thats a different problem.

Posting a story is relatively straightforward. Just make a thread like this in the appropriate sub-forum with your story post in it. Or is the problem more focused on the writing?
I have a story in the works I just don't know how to post it on here. I think the guy above me might have answered my problem

Well first, you need to have a story you want to post, or else you are kind of fucked. If you get past that step, you need to determine if your story belongs in the SFW creative writing section or the NSFW creative writing section. If your story has nudity or sex, it belongs in the NSFW section. SFW Creative Writing is here, NSFW creative writing is here.

At the top of each section, there's a button called "post thread." Push that, title your story, and the copy paste any chapters you have written. I suggest you add relevant tags to a story, so that more people can find your story.

I think you nailed it

Sorry for being a dumb dumb I have been on this site for a while but I just never really did anything aside from read and comment occasionally

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your help

Yeah, my issue is more along the lines of how to add chapters to a story, do i just add them to the reply section or what?
first time posting a story on here

Yeah, my issue is more along the lines of how to add chapters to a story, do i just add them to the reply section or what?
first time posting a story on here
Make a new post in a new reply. Remember to threadmark it properly of course, or you'll get a barrage of replies telling you to "Threadmark please."

Make a new post in a new reply. Remember to threadmark it properly of course, or you'll get a barrage of replies telling you to "Threadmark please."
Ok yes, thank you!
um...how?
the threadmark bit, i'm seriously new to blog/thread type fanfiction posting, i usually use FFN or AO3 for my stuff.

Ok yes, thank you!
um...how?
the threadmark bit, i'm seriously new to blog/thread type fanfiction posting, i usually use FFN or AO3 for my stuff.
Whenever you're replying in a thread you created, there's an option above the typing section where you can input a chapter name (Threadmark), only use it if you want to make your reply a threadmarked chapter. At least that's how it went in the old version, iunno if still the same in the new Xenforo. Checking quickly.

Edit: The place to put in your chapter title has been updated it seems, now it says Threadmark label. And underneath you now have to tag your chapter with either Threadmarks, Index, or Extras.
Threadmarks are for story chapters, the Index is for info and stuff, while Extras are for omakes, art, and what have you.
Of course the classifications are all up to you. If you want to put your chapters in the Index, you do you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back