1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-King of the World! [Exalted/Code Geass] (DEAD)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

AN: so, after participating in some Exalted quests I said to myself "Ehi, why don't I try the real thing?"

What I found is, where I live there aren't many people interested in it.

So, while I try to remedy it and *ahem* convert some heathens I present you this. Those who have more experience please point out my errors with merciless abandon, so that I can grow into a proper Exalted enthusiastic.
    -----

From his throne at the top of the continuum of nothingness, he observes.

The Omniverse. The various Multiverse. The Universes between. Individual worlds and the different timelines. Such is his privilege.

He sees stories. Of men and monsters, of males and females, of young and old. He sees people, stripped of their rights, rose to challenge the status quo. He sees a man fight to make a difference. He sees a mother break her vows to build a better future for her son.

No matter where he looks, sooner or later there will be people suffering. And sooner or later a hero will rise to change that. Success or failure don't matter: a Hero will appear and a new story will be weaved.

That is good, he think. All is how it should be.

And yet, he finds himself not above interference. For heroes are common, but a Hero with the capital H? It is not.

He raises a hand and a spherical crystal appears floating above his palm. The crystal is the size of his hand and glows with a warm, golden-yellow light. However there is more to it that its mere physical form.

It is glory. It is power. More importantly, it is potential. A perfect copy of the original, modified by the being for the occasion.

A passage opens and the crystal is tossed inside. Free from its restrains it crosses the ethereal currents of the Immaterial, trying to fulfil his original role. To find someone worthy.

And finally, after an instant that lasts an eternity and a half, it finds...

[] An inexperienced but determined young man fighting with his potential teammates against a soulless abomination (Jaune Arc, RWBY)
    [] A normal boy trying to defeat an incarnation of Victory to protect a girl (Godou Kusanagi, Campione!)
    [] A girl fighting against a tyrannical system in the hope of finding the truth about his father's death (Matoi Ryuuko, Kill la Kill)
    [] An ex-prince fighting against his old friend turned monster, not to defeat him but to save him from himself (Alibaba Saluja, Magic the Labyrinth of Magic)
    [] An once cowardly boy risking his life to save a little girl from the dark world of martial arts (Shi-Woon Yi, The Breaker)
    [] A student fighting a thief to protect an artefact of destiny (Kazuto Hongo, Koihime Musou)
    [] A perverted but honest boy killed by his girlfriend for being blessed by God (Issei Hyodou, Highschool DxD)
    [] A modern boy in a land of mages and wonders, fighting a traitor of the crown (Saito Hiraga, Familiar of Zero)
    [] A pubescent girl who is about to be killed by a corrupted hero in a false world (Illyasviel von Einzbern, Prisma Illya)
    [] A soldier fighting her own country to save her little sister from the monster that kidnapped her (Lightning, Final Fantasy 13)
    [] A long haired young man, once a soldier now a free spirit, fighting together with his friend against the head of a mercenary guild (Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia)
    [] A bullied teen, now brimming with rage at the one who dared hurt his precious siblings (Song Jae Gu, Girls of the Wild)
    [] A cast-away prince, about to be killed by the guns of the oppressors (Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass)
    [] Just a normal boy, about to sacrifice himself in a pit full of poisonous snakes to defeat his nightmarish opponent (Zenkichi Hitoyoshi, Medaka Box)
    [] A young girl harbouring Death itself in her soul, facing a monster born from the dark emotions of humanity (Minako Arisato, Persona 3 Portable)

Select the difficulty:
    [] Easy Events are as Canon
    [] Normal Your enemies are more competent and powerful
    [] Hard The Dragon-Blooded are organizing a Wyld Hunt
    [] Advanced Your Lunar mate is a Yandere
    [] Lunatic The Fair Folk don’t like your form
    [] Phantasm Both the Yozi and the Neverborn are watching you
    [] Insane The Sidereals want you dead. All of them

-----
    AN 2: this quest follow the 2.5 errata in terms of rules.

2. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Re: I will become God-King of the World! [Exalted/???]

[X] A girl fighting against a tyrannical system in the hope of finding the truth about his father's death
    [X] Insane

I don't think I've seen really anything done with her yet. Also all the sidereals at once making a plan? This is going to be glorious.

3. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] A girl fighting against a tyrannical system in the hope of finding the truth about his father's death
    [X] Hard

4. Alexander

Character Sheet

Name: Lelouch Lamperouge (real name: Lelouch vi Britannia)
    Exaltation: Solar
    Caste: Eclipse
    Motivation: to create a gentler world where the weak are free to leave without fearing the strong
    Anima Banner: A Legion of Knights, all bearing the mark of The Unconquered Sun upon their shields.
    Virtue Flaw: All The World For One (Compassion)

Attributes:
    Strength: O
    Dexterity: OOO
    Stamina: O

Charisma: OOOO
    Manipulation: OOOO
    Appearance: OOOOO

Perception: OOO
    Intelligence: OOOOO
    Wits: OOOO

Abilities:
    Dawn Caste
    Archery: O
    Martial Arts:
    Melee:
    Thrown:
    -War: OOOOO

Zenith Caste
    Integrity: OOO
    -Performance: OOO
    -Presence: OOOO
    Resistance: O
    Survival:

Twilight Caste
    Craft: OOO (Water)
    -Investigation: OOO
    Lore: OO
    Medicine: OO
    Occult:

Night Caste
    Athletics:
    -Awareness: OOOO
    Dodge:
    Larceny: OO
    Stealth:

Eclipse Caste
    -Bureaucracy: OOO
    -Linguistics: OO (native Britannian speaker. Also know Japanese and Chinese)
    -Ride: OO
    -Sail:
    -Socialize: OOOO

Specialities
    Archery (Gun): O
    Ride (Knightmare Frame): O

Advantages:
    Backgrounds
    Resources OO (the gambling money you don't donate to Ashford)
    Cult O (Lelouch Lamperouge Fan Club)
    Contact O (Ashford Academy and Family)
    Followers O (Sayoko Shinozaki)

Charms:
    Mob-Dispersing Rebuke (7m, 1wp)
    2nd Presence Excellency (2m for success)

Virtues:
    Compassion: OOO
    Conviction: OOO
    Temperance: OO
    Valor: OO
    Virtue Flaw: All The World For One (Compassion) - One under the sway of this flaw cannot consider anything holy but those they care about before themselves. The big picture is broken down into small pictures and only the most personally important remains. Love and hate are the only sentiments with weight.

Uncontrolled: The Solar cannot act against any intimacy they have unless another intimacy is in conflict with it, in which case one intimacy must be prioritized. Nobody who is not subject to a positive intimacy of the Solar will register to their compassion, and indeed, they cannot channel compassion except where it springs from love for a positive intimacy. The Solar will additionally find themselves compelled to manipulate and use others to benefit the subjects of their positive intimacies, while blighting the fortune of their negative intimacies.

Partial Control: The Solar may only act against their intimacies at a -2 internal penalty, and they only feel Compassion towards the subjects of positive intimacies. They are under no particular compulsion to force the hapless bystanders against their negative intimacies, nor to benefit their positive intimacies.

Break Condition: Seeing the subject of a positive intimacy suffer due to the actions of another, or the subject of a negative intimacy thrive through their own actions.

Duration: Two days.

Willpower: 6/6

Intimacies:
    Nunnally Lamperouge (Your precious little sister)
    Friends (Suzaku, Milly, Rivalz and the rest of the Student Council)
    Marianne's Death (You will find the truth!)
    The Emperor (He will pay. Him and his twisted policy, you will destroy both!)

Essence: OO
    Personal: 12/12
    Peripheral: 30/30
    Committed (Personal): 0
    Committed (Peripheral): 0
    Committed (Total): 0

Soak:
    Bashing: 1
    Lethal: 0
    Aggravated: 0

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ] [ ]
    -2 [ ] [ ]
    -4 [ ]
    Incapacitated [ ]
    Dying [ ]

Dodge DV: 2
    Dodge MDV: 5
    Parry MDV: 4

Weapon:
    Armour:

Experience:
    Current:
    Total acquired:

Corvus 501 likes this.
  5. Alexander

INDEX

Genesis
    Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Bad Ends

Site used for Dice Rolls: rolz.org.
    The room used, for anyone who wants to verify the rolls, is called "Eclipse_Lelouch".

6. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] A girl fighting against a tyrannical system in the hope of finding the truth about his father's death (Matoi Ryuuko, Kill la Kill)
    [X] Hard

Kill la kill quest!

7. aja318

aja318 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] A modern boy in a land of mages and wonders, fighting a traitor of the crown
    [X] Easy

Because why not.

8. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

It would not surprise me at all to find out Satsuki Kiryūin and her family are Dragon-Blooded.

9. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

[X] A cast-away prince, about to be killed by the guns of the oppressors (Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass)
    [X] Advanced Your Lunar mate is a Yandere

Lelouche with a Yandere Lunar Mate is hilarious.

10. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] A perverted but honest boy killed by his girlfriend for being blessed by God (Issei Hyodou, Highschool DxD)

Kind of want to see the setting done with significantly less pointless fanservice.

In any case, I propose that we eventually kill whatever BROB decided to send our Exaltation here just because we can and it pisses me off that he thinks he can use an Exalted for his entertainment.

11. Ephemeral_Dreamer

Ephemeral_Dreamer Not too sore, are you?

[x] A cast-away prince, about to be killed by the guns of the oppressors (Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass)
    [x] Hard

12. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

[X] A cast-away prince, about to be killed by the guns of the oppressors
    [X] Advanced

Well, I vote CG, but there are many interesting choices there.

Edit: Modified the difficulty vote. Seemed fun.

13. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] A modern boy in a land of mages and wonders, fighting a traitor of the crown
    [X] Easy

14. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] A cast-away prince, about to be killed by the guns of the oppressors (Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass)

15. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

[X] A perverted but honest boy killed by his girlfriend for being blessed by God (Issei Hyodou, Highschool DxD)

16. Somebodynobody10

Somebodynobody10 Versed in the lewd.

[X] A normal boy trying to defeat an incarnation of Victory to protect a girl

[X] Hard

17. Bacchus

Bacchus Getting out there.

[X] Hard

18. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] A bullied teen, now brimming with rage at the one who dared hurt his precious siblings
    [X] Advanced

19. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Lelouch pretty much is a Solar. He's practically a textbook Twilight Caste.

[X] A girl fighting against a tyrannical system in the hope of finding the truth about his father's death (Matoi Ryuuko, Kill la Kill)
    [X] Hard

20. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

I am more amazed at the fact what this guy apperently can copy an Exaltation, which is... Well... A thing. There is a lot of emphazis put what Exaltation, is like, impossible, and in general even Titans can't do shit to it besides containing it/using their essence to power this particular Exaltation. Auto did it because screw "Possible and impossible" he is a Titan, and a Titan not of some shit like kingship and domination, but of Mad Science and Craft.

Crafting it again is, like, theoretically probably possible, but that basically requires you to be a second Auto-kun. And the sad thing is, a single Exalt generally cannot hope to defeat a Titan without outrageous cheating.

The Breaker is fuuuuun, but we would bend the setting over our knee rather fast. Illya Quest makes me salivate. Persona 3 Protagonist is fun - and there are things what should be able to threaten a legitimate full-power solar in that verse. Kill La Kill is fun too... Man, you doing "Offer all these sweet deals and make us choose one" thing again.

21. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Advanced

Uh Alex, I think you mean you're going to convert some heathens unless you plan on making them stealthy instead. :p

22. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] A young girl harbouring Death itself in her soul, facing a monster born from the dark emotions of humanity

[X] Hard

Could always setup a skype call or something if you can't find someone locally.

23. shiki11

shiki11 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Advanced

24. Alexander

Typo: it happens. Fixed.

I did a good job then >:D. You have no idea how much time I spent searching for good candidates and studying the lore. And I am still missing some interesting books.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  25. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X]Anti-vote KLK. It was made by the people behind GL, and thus is totally opposite the theme of Exalted.

26. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] A cast-away prince, about to be killed by the guns of the oppressors
    [X] Normal

Persona 3 would have been interesting, too, but I prefer Minato to Minako/Hamuko.

27. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

Did you actually watched it?

Regardless, you might want to expand a bit on "Themes" of Exalted it ruins.

More than half of the setting is a blatant stomp, but that is part of the fun. ::)

I am especially surprised about Girls of the Wild. I mean, from what I know about that manga it's at best, Heroic Mortal level adventure. With unawakened essence.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  28. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

:p Interestingly, Ryuuko doesn't actually win through guts and determination, or hotbloodedness. Well, at least as far as I've seen (up to ep 3). Though she is pretty hot-headed.

Also, I don't know if the GM allows anti-votes. Most generally don't.

29. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

... WHAT?

30. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

Yeah, I thought that too.