1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm not getting emails from QQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Ice1039, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Ice1039

Ice1039 Lurker

OP update emails do not seem to be getting to my inbox.This started around two days ago. It doesn't seem to be being sent to any span or junk folders.

Bananas_person, Werd Me and illerayn like this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

3. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

Unfortunately, E-mail delivery from QQ is quite unreliable, and there's not much we can actually do about it. It's a matter of third-party spam filters.

Guardian Box likes this.
  4. DeusExCalamus

DeusExCalamus True Magic results from Courage of the Heart

There is, in fact, a fair bit that you can do about it up to and including using a third-party email service (Amazon SES, Sendgrid, Mailchimp,etc). Your email server is poorly configured and the IP has a bad reputation (because it's on that spamhaus/CSS blacklist). I would contact your hosting/dns provider (Namecheap, I believe?) and ask them to set up/help you set up DNSSEC/DKIM/etc and to look into getting the IP removed from the spamhaus/css blacklist. I had to go through similar when I set up my own mailserver because the hosting company I use (digitalocean) is...kinda abused.
    You can see some information that I found about the mailserver configuration here:https://internet.nl/mail/questionablequesting.com/819203/

Sliperino, Protean, Notsae66 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ice1039

Ice1039 Lurker

I don't know what changed but I seem to be getting emails again.

EDIT: That seemed to be just a fluke, there was an OP update on another thread I follow and that didn't send out an email.

EDIT The Second: Got an OP update email again. Maybe the last unreceived email was the fluke

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  6. DeusExCalamus

Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't, when I *do* get OP email replies, they can be delayed by days/weeks.

Bananas_person likes this.
  7. lightandlight

lightandlight Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I wasn't getting emails to my account on protonmail. I sent in a bug report to them and they essentially said it's something on QQ's end.

"This is a follow-up message.

Upon checking with our appropriate department we can confirm that we have not received any message from admin@questionablequesting.com for your account on our servers. However, we do receive messages from the mentioned address. We would recommend checking with the sending service for:
    • Date: (the date and time of the sent email)
    • SMTP response: (the SMTP response they received from Proton Mail)
    • Message-ID: (the message-ID of the sent email)

We are looking forward to your reply."

KillColt1911 and macdjord like this.
  8. antt1995

antt1995 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

9. Biigoh

10. DeusExCalamus

udkudk likes this.
  11. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

So the mail problem has basically locked me out of my account on 2 of the three devices I usually use to browse the site. My phone clears out the saved cookies once a month, and it logged me out of the site.

Turns out that the password manager I use on my phone didn't save the password for QQ, so I submitted a password reset request.

To the hotmail account linked to my forum presence.

The banner that tells you this is a bad idea isn't on the part of the site where you submit reset requests (at least on android) and now I can only browser from my desktop because the login cookie hasn't expired yet and can't even change my linked email address because you need a password to change email addresses and I technically don't have one until I finish the reset process.

FML right now.

wtdtd, Mgunh1, Bananas_person and 4 others like this.
  12. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

13. Nonameforme

Nonameforme Do not let the horny side consume you.

I tried to recover my password but no mail seem to reach my email address. I still has my cookie login but I cannot login to other device now.

EDIT: I decided to search for QQ in my email search. The mail actually reach me, but it somehow no be in my inbox, spam, trash, or any place. I checked and QQ was not in my hide.

This seem to be my mail bug rather than QQ bug, please ignore my thread.

Bananas_person likes this.
  14. Biigoh

ultima333 alethiophile

15. D'znn-Xy'lll MetaChthonia

D'znn-Xy'lll MetaChthonia ⌈META⌋

You can add "Yahoo" to the list, I just tried to login and I needed to use my back-up codes because of it not sending 2F auth codes.

[EDIT1]
    Apparently it started emailing me after I used the back-up codes. What a weird bug.
    [/EDIT1]

16. A/N

A/N Experienced.

I recently started sometimes getting emails from here again, which surprised me because I changed nothing, but now I'm sometimes getting emails from threads I watched without sending emails " without receiving email notifications". Not sure if it's only me?

I tried unwatching and rewatching again with the setting I wanted, and I still got a couple emails from those threads, so IDK. It's not a big deal for me since it's only a few emails.

razer666L likes this.
  17. razer666L

razer666L Reaper Primal Avatar

I had to necro this thread because I'm having the same problem for a few weeks as well; I didn't get any email notifications from my Gmail app everytime there's a new PM. And no, the QQ isn't marked as spam in my email.

But what's weird is that it is often marked as "Promotions" instead of appearing in the main "Inbox".

18. A/N

A/N Experienced.

Having been spoiled by the resumption of emails, they've now completely stopped arriving again. Thank goodness for Alerts.

cyrix22, antt1995 and ShadowNic94 like this.
  19. cyrix22

cyrix22 Getting sticky.

Same here, I have not been receiving updates either.
    I tried to solve the issue by re-registering my e-mail address but was unfortunately locked out of posting as the confirmation e-mail never arrived.
    I then switched to another domain and same problem.
    I finally succeeded in confirming my e-mail using a temporary "@gmail.com" account to make this post.
    The 2 e-mail domains that failed to receive e-mails from QQ are "@hotmail.com" and "@protonmail.com".

udkudk likes this.
  20. cyrix22

cyrix22 Getting sticky.

I have just now read the announcement that e-mails from Microsoft are not passing through due to a spam filter. Is this the same case with e-mails from Protonmail?

21. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Last email notification was at 19:13.
    Next site notification after that was at 19:38, with no email.

It's now 22:32, and a total of seven alerts from watched threats have appeared on the site with no emails.

Gmail, not in spam filter.

Anyone else having this issue?

22. Nuthenry2

Nuthenry2 Consumer Of Lewds

having the same issue.
    my last email was at 6:53 am, i had 4 alerts but no emails and it been 9 hours
    using Gmail and not in spam

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    MrBTXz, udkudk, Astel Aurion and 2 others like this.
  23. Shaedy Hoe

Shaedy Hoe Versed in the lewd.

Stopped receiving emails? Welcome to the club, sis.

udkudk and SixthRanger like this.
  24. Shadowclonier

Shadowclonier Self-aware Tsundere

Reporting same. Received an email for the Adam Smasher thread, but failed to get the six following thread mark emails.

Edit: yes, Gmail as well. They're probably just throttling QQs emails, they do that sometime when you send too many.

25. SnarkLord

SnarkLord Experienced.

Same, no mails for...almost exactly 7 hours now from any watched thread(and yes, using gmail as well)
    (More info: last notification in mail was for Smasher story update, since then i got...12 updates for which i shoyld have gotten mails)

MxReader01 and udkudk like this.
  26. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Same.

Hrm. I'm also using Gmail. Anyone having this problem with a non-Gmail email provider?

MxReader01 and Deathgunnersword like this.
  27. woodzrox

woodzrox Not too sore, are you?

I too have this issue!

udkudk likes this.
  28. theBSDude

theBSDude Space Ace

Same. My last email (a New Thread in Watched Forum message) was from 7 hours ago (2:50 am PDT); my next alert was from 6 hours ago (3:54 am PDT) with no email.

udkudk, Werd Me and macdjord like this.
  29. VATSTeen

VATSTeen Experienced.

I am not getting alerts from Yahoo regarding QQ story updates. I have alerts and there is no mails in the spam folder. I cannot get QQ story alerts but I get SB alerts just fine.

30. SnarkLord

SnarkLord Experienced.

while it's already been mentioned on another thread, just wanted to say gmail isn't getting mails as well it seems