• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Is wrong to have a mirror version of yourself? [Limbus company/Danmachi]

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

note: I got very inspired by that danmachi fic In which a self insert Ishtar found herself as Bella goddess. I like danmachi, but never watched it, dumb of me? Very much so, do I want to try it making a story out of it? Absolutely. I just want to have fun and increase my skills as an author.
Chapter one

1221Jdlm

Getting some practice in, huh?
note: I got very inspired by that danmachi fic In which a self insert Ishtar found herself as Bell's goddess. I like danmachi, but never watched it, dumb of me? Very much so, do I want to try it making a story out of it? Absolutely. I just want to have fun and increase my skills as an author.

Dantes still didn't know how they ended up here, in this mirror world he had somehow fallen into. Truly he didn't and that's saying something of all the wackiness (and horror) he had endure during his time in limbus company. But this? This was a whole new type of weirdness.

"Ah! Kami-sama, come on! Your lagging behind!"

And that would be bell. 'His child' still felt weird saying that, considering Dante was sure he never had children in the past, nor does even think his body have the possibility of procreation anymore.

"<coming bell>" Dante followed behind, hands in his managerial outfit, the one thing that came with his during his decending to this mirror realm.

Yes, he did mean decending. Considering he was floated down in a pillar of light that pierced the heavens, decending would be right term for it, landing just before Bell who was traveling on the room. who looked at him and called Dante a God.

Which apparently he is now? He wasn't too sure of it, he certainly didn't feel like a God, perhaps his clock classified as one? Either way, he just accepted being called a God. Going with the flow was something, he adapted to the sinners 'eccentric Personalitys'

Dante refocused, finding bell darting around Orario with glee and excitement In his eyes, like a feather visting the backstreets. Hong lu once pointed out during a long, boring ride in Mephistopheles. Though Dante wouldn't he's.....well impressed with orario, certainly massive that's for sure. Perhaps half the size of a district? Or was it one-fourth of it? He couldn't tell.

"<Bell, come back here, I know your excited to become an adventurer like you wanted to, but slow down. We have plenty of time>." Bell came to immediate at his God call. Face flushing as he turned to Dante, a sheepish grin on his rabbit-like face.

"Sorry kami-sama! i couldn't help it, theres just so much to see compared to the farm!." Bell rubbed his head as he walks back to Dante, the excitement In his eyes growing.

"<I know Bell, mind you before you forget, we still need lodging and registering you as an adventurer.>" small mercies they were told this by the city's guards before entering, even if they were unease by Dante appearance, that only went away once Bell translated for him that he's a new God. With the guards waving them by.

That was another thing he had to deal with, with no mouth to speak, Bell had to translate for him, everytime they needed directions or convey what Dante wanted to say. An inconvenience he grown used too in his time in the city.

Speaking of which, there funds were running low, getting to Orario wasn't easy, even when Bell had taken an identity to hunt for food.

No, plan later, adventurers gulid first he suppose. "<Bell, let's go, to the adventurers gulid.>" Bell smile almost blinded me, darting off, looking back occasionally to ensure Dante wasn't going to get lost in the crowd.

He's finally here! He's finally in Orario! He can finally fulfill grandpa's wishes! After of months of travel and fighting off monsters that attacked him and his kami-Sama!

Bell fought off the urge to jump fo, after all he had to be professional! Just like the fixers his kami-sama told him about, adventurers that were stoic, skilled, professional! He wanted to be like them, taking risks, doing quests of all sorts and-

Oops he's rambling in his head again. Either way, being a fixer sounded like the type of adventurer he wanted to be. The weight of his sword at his hips felt ever lighter.

Still, Bell couldn't help but remember when Dante first landed onto The soft earth, his red coat blowing behind him from the wind, the gold blaze that emanated from his Kami-sans head, or clock as Dante has said. He couldn't help but feel so honored to be apart Dante Familia, sure Bell couldn't understand Dante in first few days, not untill....

a single slash, was all it took, Bell didn't even expect it, nor he could react, warm blood cascades down his throat, like a river that drained his life.

He couldn't breath, choaking as blood spurts out, his blood, onto the blades of grass, staining them red. He didn't remember falling to his back, his eyes finding a group of goblins, one with a bloodied knife, laughing as they converged on him and Dante-san. It hurts, it hurts so much. Like drowning on land with so plenty to breathe.

'Grandpa....I'm sorry, I'm not going to be an adventurer, Dantes...you too, I'm sorry for dragging you along with me. I'm so sorry' his thoughts were becoming hazy, blurry as the goblins contuined to converge onto him, no doubt ready to kill the kami-Sama right after him.

His eyes closed, and darkness takes him, never to see the sun again. Atleast that was supposed to happen.

In blink, air rushes into his lungs, a scream wrenching itself from his throats. For a momment he wondered how he was alive, untill he hears an unfamiliar voice, along with the familier ticking.

"<Bell! Get up! Now!" A man's voice loudly echoed out, but slient at the same time? It was confusing untill Bell noticed the goblins had advanced closer to Dante, who's now on his bum, toying with him.

Bell had no time to think, only act. He jumps to his feet, grabbed the discarded dagger his grandfather had given him, and rushed forward. Stabbing one of them in the head, there cries echoing out from the human they had just killed, coming back to haunt them.

It was around that time, after he killed the remaining goblins, that he had become apart of Dante Familia, and he could finally talk with him! After traveling with a slient companion for a few days, it was refreshing!

Apparently, the way Dante had saved him, was by contracting Bell into his service, via chains that had darted out. Making him apart of Dante just like Dante would have his limbs. He thinks at least.

The falna that appeared on his back when he was washing off the blood on his body, confirmed it. Bell had become an unofficial Adventurer! And he didn't have to go to Orario for it!

Focus Bell! Your getting close to the adventurers gulid, and one step closer to fulfilling your dreams! You gotta keep focus! Just go in and-

"<your zoning out again bell.>" Dante-Sama says, reaching over to grab his shoulders, a sheepish laugh leaves me.

"Sorry kami-sama, got lost down memory lane."

Dante nodded slightly, retracting his hand. "<alright, eyes up Bell were getting close to the gulid.>" he said, gesturing with a gloved thumb over too the pantheon, and the place were bell can finally fulfill his dreams!

He couldn't wait, not since Dante told him the price for each death bell experienced. The price Dante had to make was taking in everything bell felt when he died, and he died quite a few when a strong monster appeared from time to time.

To suffer because of his mistakes, because he wasn't strong enough. Bell couldn't stand for it. Orario was just a place to get stronger for Dante, so he wouldn't suffer because of him.

He wondered what kind of identity he should used in the dungeon? Perhaps the ring identity? Could work, even if felt so wrong. Or perhaps Liu? Or maybe even molars-

"<Bell?, bell, bell, don't zone out again.>" Dante-Sama exasperated voice broke him out of his thoughts again.

"Bwuh!? Sorry, sorry! Was just thinking on what identity to use sorry!" I yelped, flushing that i zoned out. Again. "What did I miss?"

We were in the pantheon now, a large opened space with counters, a bustle of gulid employees darting around and addressing adventurers. And a rather irritated employee in front of bell.

"Are you two going to do something? If not you can get the hell out." The gulid says, eyes twitching. Hastily bell informed he was apart of Dantes famila, who couldn't speak and he's translating for him.

A bit of back And forth, some translating to tell what Dante spoke, bell was now officially an adventurer!

"Now, finally do you wish you have an advisor Mister bell?" The gulid employee said, visibly alot calmer and professional now.

"Uh, yes?" I said, and another handful of forums was given, I quickly filled them out, and me and kami-sama were ushered into an office.

it wasn't long untill a pretty half-elf entered the room. Eina her name was and she would be bells dungeon advisor for the foreseeable future.

Note: for the record, I'm definitely going to get some aspect from a character wrong, and most definitely botch som Personalitys. Let me know so I could fix, thank you very much.

also how this is going to work without Dante being targeted is this.

SKILL
DANTES INFERNO
the chains that bind you to the Mortal realm, causes the soul to be bound forever more to there diety. Death eludes you, and possibilities ever endless.

yeah, basically bell revives on his own in the dungeon, said skill is able to aquire mirror identity randomly. (New gatcha) and will be appear to anyone who joins Dante. Fun.

Duly note, i will not be adding more limbus characters, cant write them well.

Also the story I took inspiration from
Stealing the Protagonist from his Goddess is Definitely Wrong (Danmachi Goddess OC/SI)
By Generic_Generica
(I like the story)

Last edited:
Chapter 2
The half-elf, (as Bell had explained to him were a mix between a human and elf, atleast as much as a farmhand could be informed about.) Sat in front of them, hands clasps in her lap, a smile on her face.

"Mr, Dante correct? I heard with your unique situation, your child will be acting as our translator correct?" Dante nodded. "Understandable, now, my name is Eina Tulle, I'll be Bells advisor for the foreseeable future. Its nice to meet you Mr. Cranel" She held out her hand.

"T-thanks Miss Eina, it's pleasure to meet you." A slight stammer escapes Bell, face slightly flushing at shaking hands with a pretty lady. Eina hand moves to Dante next.

"<a pleasure miss Enia>" Dante shook her hand, the soft ticking of his clock filling the room. "<we're new to Orario, and I would appreciate it if you can inform us what's going on, in the city.>"

"Kami-sama, said he's pleased to meet you, and wants to know what's going on in Orario." Bell helpfully pitched in.

Eina hummed. "Can you be a little more specific? There's quite alot of happenings going around. The few I could name are the loki Familia returning from there expedition in a few weeks." Eina tapped her laps.

Loki Familia, that meant nothing currently, though there's a clear importance for mentioning there name. A book could help clear things up.

"<Any books pertaining about Orario itself? History, the dungeon and a list of Familias?shop's?>" Bell relayed what he said. Eina nodded.

"Of course, let me get them for you, I got them right here." Eina quickly grabbed a couple of books, a map of Orario itself, a list of current Familia and as a bonus, a bestiary. "Here's all the things you requested, along with a bestiary for Bell. Now Considering you informed the gulid of having decend seven months ago, your allowed to take the books for upwards of around a month?" Eina grabbed another set of forms for the return of borrowed items.
Dante gave a thumbs up, having a source of information was valuable, especially when Dante had gotten in situations he had little knowledge of, like the time before he met the sinners, or thrust into being a manager for those same eccentric sinners, who couldn't be bothered to listen to him in the first place. He had adapt to the face pace nature in the city.

So it was nice to be able to take it slow every once in awhile, without being thrust into an utterly shit situation he had to get out of.

Signing off the forms, he was now an owner of three books. Once finshed, he quickly read over the list of Familias In the city, of which there's was probably thousands residing in this city alone! Nothing really notable other then the top Familias.

Loki and Freya were firmly at the top, along with other names like Ishtar and Hephaestus sitting in the top ten. Honestly it sounded like they were the wings of Orario if he equates it to the city. he would prefer to stay under there radar, N and K Corp coming to mind at the potential resources these Familia could leverage against him.

Next came the map, showing an overview of the city's itself. With the massive tower he saw outside firmly in the center of the city, long stretches of road leading into the center of it all, creating four distinct districts.

Dante was taken out of his thoughts when Eina clapped her hands. "Alright, that's just about it for the basics and rules of the dungeon. Now Bell, if you have any other questions come to me and I'll inform you as best I can." Eina adjusted her glasses, standing up as she left the Two alone.

"H-hai! Thank you so much, miss Eina!" Bell called out, eyes were sparkling as he stood up. He looked one step to rushing into the dungeon. His eyes glancing over to Dante for permission.

"<later, first is finding lodging for us. Then you can enter the dungeon.>" Dante declines, making Bell pout, the cute features making his clock hands tick a little fastwr."<don't give me that look Bell.>" Dante reached out, rustling Bells hair as he stands up. "<did you ask were we could even look for a place to stay?">

Bell froze, face slowly heating up as he spun around. "I forgot to ask! Sorry kami-sama! Let me ask right now!" He turns around, and raced after the half-elf. "Einnnnnnna-san! I have to ask another question!"

Dante shook his head, it's criminal to be that cute. He would bet good Ahn Bell and Don would get along quite well.

It was the next morning after, that Bell awoke with a start, a yawn escaping him as he sits up. Blinking the crust out of his eyes. He noticed Dante-Sama at the desk, writing on that device he called his Dairy, meant to record and manage the various identity bell had acquired.

At first, during the journy once Bell experienced his first death and resurrection. He found his kami-sama couldnt sleep, his body just didnt need it. It a horrible thought that his kami-sama just waved off on, stating he's used to it. It was still a sour taste on his tounge, staying up all night sounded lonely.

He tried to stay awake when he first learned of it, course, Dante refused as unlike Dante. Bell needed to sleep function, let alone fight. Didn't stop bell from trying.

He quickly heeded it, after dying to group of Kolbods and goblins. The lack of sleep made Bell easy pickings to be mauled apart. And for darkness to welcome him once more.

Ever since his first death, our journey had become something of like an adventure with how many times Bell had to fight for his and his kami-Sama life. Dying was never easy either.

It was scary being enveloped by the darkness, all of his senses taken away from him, the feeling of needing to breath but you had no lungs to even scream.

Before being thrust back to the world to fight again. It only strengthen the desire to get stronger inside of him. To better himself with each death and learn from it.

and Even when he's lost, and the way forward insurmountable, Dante. Dante was always there, calming him when the stress of dying got to him, when his resolve is shaken, reaffirming his dreams to be a hero when he doubts himself. Guiding him back to the path when he can't walked it.. Always present and right besides him.

Dante spoke of his past, of the time before he met Bell, before he appeared before Bell. Twelve other adventurers or sinners as they were called. His seniors, who saved Dante in his time of need. Of when they traveled around a massive city bigger then even Orario!

He believes it too, seeing as Dante showed what they looked like with his Dairy. What the city he once resided in, that dwarfs Orario many times over.

It was aspiring, even now, once Dante told Bell of just some atrocities, he and the sinners had seen, that they weren't heroes as he once thought. In his eyes? The sinners were heroes.

He wish he could meet them. To meet the ones Dante spoke so foundly off, even when in his words, Pain In the ass.

Bell was a far cry from his old self, of the one that has dreams of picking up girls (he still wanted to do it) of not knowing what to do in a fight.

Bell shook his head, focus there was alot to he had to do. "Morning Dante-sama." Bell yawned out, as he got out of the bed.

"<morning Bell foods by your head>" Dante said, pointing to a steaming bowl of noodles.

Bell took the plate. "Thanks Dante-Sama." He took the spoon that was carefully placed in the bowl. "So what's the plan for today?"

"<An update for one, monsters are stronger in the dungeon then on the surface going by your advisors word.>" Bell nodded, remembering the brief lesson.

"Adventurers shouldn't go on adventures, Bell, the dungeon is filled with danger that can end your life in an instant, do you understand? You've said you dealt with surface monsters before, but the dungeon isn't the surface. The creatures born there are more powerful then what you've face till now" Eina stated firmly, her ears twitching slightly.
"Hai Eina-san" Bell was intimately aware of death, he knew the risks he was taking, he did every day when he was traveling with Dante. "I promise I'll be careful, it's what I promise to Dante by not dying." He said resolutely.
Eina Lipa stretched into a smile. "I'm glad your God was able to put some sense in you while you traveled." Her shoulders relaxed ever slightly the old Bell wouldn't have noticed. "Alright, let's begin while your God is doing his research shall we?"

Atleast Bell knew what to expect in the dungeon. Even if it was reserved to just five floors currently. Eina was going to teach him later.

"<Bell, did you hear me?>" Dante drawled out, snapping his fingers as Bell jolted

"I-i was listening! I swear!" Bell, even as he could feel the raise eyebrow, that Dante gave despite having no features to speak off. Only the sight of him putting a hand on his hip revealed what he thought. "O-ok, I was zoning out again." He grumbled under Dante gaze, all he could do was laugh sheepishly.

"<I was saying what identity you wished to use?>" Dante said, amusement bleeding through his tone. "<Ring? Lineage? Or Roseworks?>"

Identity, another part that elevated the sinners in Bells eyes, the thought of being able to take the form of a version of yourself through out different mirror dimensions, of using there strength to augment yourself.

It was so cool! The feeling of burrowing another version of himself strength, of what could have been, It's exhilarating. He only had a few coming from the city, but still.

"Ring, let's go with that." Dante nodded, grabbing his Dairy, and in a blink of an eye, Bell changed.

A white barret sat on his white hair, his clothes switched for a black shirt and pants, black leather shoes covered his feet. Black tears painted his cheeks. "Ah, it still feels weird changing identity." Bell muttered. Rolling his shoulders.

"<perhaps it's because of your skills, I had a different method of changing identity, unlike you.>" Dante theorized. "<can't be too sure however, the mechanisms for doing so was never explained.>"

Bell nodded. "<alright, now for the update. Turn around if you would bell.>" Bell does so. "<thank you, beginning update now.>" Chains shoot out of Dantes head, striking towards Bell, and sinking into his flesh like it wasn't there.

Bell back glowed, as various numbers begin to arrange themselves in order. Settling only a few seconds longer.

Bell Cranel [Ring student Pointillist Bell]
Level 1. [ID. Lv 45, Uptie - IV]
Strength: C-665 > C-667
Endurance: B-790 > A-800
Dexterity: C-650 > C-655
Agility: -B-705 > 709
Magic: I-0

Magic: []

Skills:
DANTES INFERNO:
the chains that bind you to the Mortal realm, causes the soul to be bound forever more to there diety. Death eludes you, and possibilities ever endless.

[JOYS OF ART: increase Agility and Strength with each wound inflicted on a creature, creating masterful art for where is none.]

Liaris Freese
: Rapid Growth. Continued desire results in continued growth. Stronger desire results in stronger growth.

Light of the city: increased chanced of realizing ones trueself, manifesting there will as power they can wield. Distortion chance increased

"<an increase of twenty-one points, Alright your good to go Bell>" the chains retracted as Bell smiled.

"Thank you Dante-Sama!" Bell darts forward, a white blur as the doors slammed open, rushing out intot the open streets., leaving little old dante alone.

"<Say safe Bell!>" Dante called out, even though Bell couldn't hear him anymore. "<Ha, alright, now were should I get a job?>" he needed to support Bell after all, can't be slacking now.

Though that light of the city... it changed, it didn't had the potential to distort Bell before....thats concerning, if he did Distort, Dante had little chance of stopping it.

He left the inn with that dreadful thought In mind.

Note: alright, mostly definitely botched some personalitys up, making conversations between characters still hard to think of. But fun.

Also with the bracketed skill, it's not apart of Bells normal skill set. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
this is amazing wonderful simply wonderful i hope something spoopy pops up tho, from all fanfictions with [ ]-company
thats something morally wrong is gonna appear or morally right or grey

Chapter 3
Inside the dungeon, a masterful work was being created, an art of viscera and guts, an artist at work, his brush taking the given colors he was graciously given. The walls and the ground stained red and bodies yet to be craved open.

"Hm! For a first time handling such wonderful paint. I'd say this deserves a modest ranking of B-" said the artist, hair stained red as he admired his work. "Could use some work, but, I shall not swat away the hand that gives." I hummed walking away, satisfied with my work.

The dungeon was such an inspiration for the young artist! The surface had such drab colors, undeserving of the hardwork I had put to create such, mediocre work. The dungeon was like a maestro, judging him with every piece and step i took, rewarding with even more chances to create works of arts out of its children.

Such a wondrous creature, my fellow artists would have thrived in such a rich environment. The passion I was feeling was gushing out in waves! The urge to experiment with such a diverse range of colors itched at his mind. Bringing me deeper and deeper into the belly of the beast, let it, I'll welcome it wholeheartedly!

Alas, it was not to be, frustrating as it was. My sacks had grown full, limiting but otherwise a non-issue, it was times like this however, that taking a step back is preferred to prevent a blockage of inspiration. Dante was after all awaiting my return, It was best to not disappoint his expectations, stopping on floor seven was enough to judge my capabilities after all.

I begin to make to make my way back, sliently thanking the dungeon for such an eventful day, he made many an artwork in its hallowed walls.

The walk back was uneventful compared to my decent, passing by snickering adventurers and the uninspired who pointed at the red dripping off my frame, was the highlight of it. Giggling to themselves and judging my work. As if they had any taste for art.

"I wonder if Eina-San knows any shops I could browse for supplies for my next piece." I muttered to myself, having such a small pack limited him greatly, an inspiring artist should be well prepared for any situation!

It wasn't long untill i was back at the pantheon. Entering drew some eyes, more sounds of snickering and giggling scoffs reached my ears, that I politely ignored.

Oh! Eina-san was manning the counter! Good saves him the time of locating "Eina-san, I'm back!" I called out, waving a colored hand to draw her attention. Drawing her out attention from the stack of paper she was working on.

"Bell, welco- WHY ARE YOU COVERED IN BLOOD!?" Eina scream out when she spotted Bell covered head to toe with Blood dripping off him.

"<....I'll admit it, I'm stumped on what to do.>" Dante sighed out, not that he could be heard by anyone other then Bell. The stack of cards in his hands momentarily forgotten.

Either way what would it actually accomplish? Dante had no other skills besides leading, and not even good at that. What ever past skills he may have had, was lost along with his head.

So here he was, in the middle of the road wandering around Orario with no specific job in mind, racking his brains for a solution that still eluded him.

Finally he decided to call it quits. "<Ha, perhaps it's better if I had back to the inn, I'll try again tomorrow>" he turns around, about to head to back.

"Fresh Jagamarukun! Come get some fresh Jagamaruken!" Came from a petite young women with black twintails, was out selling some fried potatoes? He saw some when Gregor or Rodya came back from groceries or shopping sprees.

"<wouldn't hurt to get some for Bell once he comes back.>" Dante muttered to himself, he hadn't prepared a card for purchasing, so he'll just have to point it out unfortunately. Though he can't shake the feeling of something being...off about her, like an energy that sparked the air.

Approaching, the young women turned to Dante. "Hello do you wish to purchase some Jagamarukun? Its only a hundred valis" She held out some of the fried potato.

"<that would be appreciated.>" Dante reached into his pockets to grabbed the required amount. "<I hope bell likes this>"

"I'm sure he would enjoy it Mister!" The young women said casually, not noticing Dante freeze as she resumed trying to sell Jagamarukuns.

"<y-you can hear me?>" Dante gasped out slightlyly, finding his words after a long pause of finding someone able to hear him.

She turned to him confused, eyebrow raised as if it wasn't normal. "why wouldn't I? Your a God too mister clockface." She planted her hands on her hips. Head tilting to look up at Dante."I don't know why your making it harder on yourself by, keeping your head like it was before you came down?"

She's a God- er goddess? Well no wonder she felt odd to him, she was literal divinity going off by what Bell and the books told him."<a-ah, I know that, but uh, I kinda lost my memory going down here>" her eyes widened at his words. A slight gasp leaving her lips

"You lost your memories!? So thats why you didn't change!" She crosses her arms, eyes softening. "Hmmm, wait here! I'll go talk to my boss for an early break! Wait one-second!" With that she rushes off into building, leaving Dante standing alone at the stall.

"<u-uh so that happened....guess God's can hear me.>" that was both reliving and worrying, reliving because he can actually talk to someone, and potentially get a job to support Bell. And worrying because he'll need to watch what he said now. It also meant he had to watch he had to say from now on. Atleast what he had seen and experienced in the city.

He didn't need another Ricardo incident thank you very much.

Sometimes he misses being back at the city, far more simpler then this. Atleast back then, he only had to find golden boughs And worry about the sinners. Not trying to find a job or finding his way around in a mirror world.

Focus Dante, she's coming back, miss....
Damn it, alright next on the list, her name.

"Alright! My boss said he's willing to give me fifteen minute break, so make it quick Mister!" The short goddess returning with a raident smile. "My name's hestia, mind telling me yours mister. clockface." She held out a hand.

"<Dante, a pleasure to meet you miss shorty" He couldn't help it! Months of living with the sinners and there clashing personalitys had gotten stuck onto him.

Oops, she's glaring at him now, those puffed up cheeks are deadly. "<hehehe- sorry couldn't help it.>"

"Grrrr, I'll get you back for this, I promise you that!" Hestia pouted, whipping her face away.

"<it was just a tease! Please don't! I mean no disrespect>" he quickly bowed to her, he didn't need an enemy now.

Hestia turned back, her annoyed expression melting. "Aw, I can't say no to that, your forgiven my junior!" Her previous cheer returning thankfully. "Now Spill!"

Note:sorry about the late, wanted this to be daily, untill I got distracted by other things.

going to add things later as well.

Last edited:
I really like how you made it make sense to the gods that he has a clock head! And I can't wait to see more Bell identities.

Chapter 4
"So, you don't come from Tenkai, well that's a given i would have atleast heard of you back in tenkai." Hestia hummed, sitting crossed legged on one of the pews in the abandoned chuch she called home. "That and the resurrection you have is a total and utter cheat! You shouldn't even have it! Let alone be able to use it!" Her calm demeanor shattered as she addressed the elephant in the room.

Dante would have winced if he could of. He took a gamble revealing his past (as much he knew of course) in hindsight, not a good idea. With the now worried and slightly distressed goddess in front of him.

Atleast he was able to inquire more insights into this world, glad his luck was still holding out even

now.

As it turns out, God's had there Authority's or Arcanum sealed, rendering them mortal. Decending down to live among the mortals of this world, or Genkai as hestia calls it. experiencing there stories, there trails, triumphs and offering there aid with the use of the falna.

However, the God's imposed rules while living on Genkai, to never unseal there divinity. An Ironclad rule that all follow.

Rules he's breaking by being able to revive Bell, if he could equate it to something from the city, it would be like breaking a wings taboos Or maybe even the Heads rules.

"<well, I can't exactly help it, blame whoever changed my head. >" Dante tapped the surface of his clockface, the hands ticking away endlessly. Hestia eyes twitched.

"<really don't know how all of it works, besides the barebones of its power source.>" Dante shrugged unhelpfully. Prompting hestia to let out a frustrated huff.

"That's another thing, you mentioned there's no God's in this city of yours, only humans correct?" Dante nodded. "And you yourself was once human? Before your head was stolen off and replaced with that - total cheat of a clock - of yours? And the wings, and the city itself. GAH! Its all so confusing!" Hestia grabbed the side of her head as she tried to wrap, the infomation around her head.

"<probably? As I said can't be too sure. As I said I wasn't told much of anything. had to infer and do alot of guesswork from what I've seen. and what Faust has informed me>" he quickly added at the end.

a pang of longing aroused inside of him at the thought of her. Even if she could be vague and cryptic at times. She was atleast consistent with it.

"Ugh, my brain hurts." Hestia pouted as she rubbed her temples. "Let's stop here before I dwell too deep on it."

"<that's fine with me miss hestia. And sorry for uh telling you all of that when we just met. I know its alot to take in.>" Dante looked away down to floors, slouching forward with quite sigh.

Hestia shook her head. Looking at Dante as the smile returned to her face "No, it's fine Dante, I'm greatful you told me all of this! It's just...alot to take in."

"<I understand, still thanks for hearing me out. Glad I met you to explain to me how this world worked.>" Hestia puffed her chest out in pride.

"Mhm! Anything for my juniors! You can always count on me!" She proclaimed. "Now, comes for the next issue." Her eyes suddenly turned serious.

"Dante, you must never, ever ever reveal this knowledge to anyone! Especially that journal of yours." She pointed down at Dantes notes. "If anyone got there hands on it, or learn of your ability, you'll be a hunted man!"

She was right, Dante can't afford showing his tricks, not now, not ever, not unless he wished to keep life. Considering hestia herself, wasn't entirely sure Dante would be banished to tenkai when he didn't originate from there.

"<I promise Miss Hestia, I'm in your debt." Dante bowed in respect.

"Hm hm! it's alright Dante! Though drop the miss Okay? Call me Hestia the greatest senior ever!"

"<No.>" came Dante immediately replay.

"Mouu! What an ungrateful junior I got! Hmphf!" She whips her head away, huffing to herself.
Dante suddenly became aware of how much time has passed, judging from the windows, it was nearly passed noon. Shit.

"<ah! Sorry hestia, I need to head back. Bell must be worried sick for me back at the inn!>" Dante hurriedly stood up, grabbing his notes before he forget. Rushing to the doors

"Oh! Don't let me keep you any longer then! Stay safe when going back to your child Dante!" Hestia waved him goodbye. Dante quickly nodded, missing her Muttering to herself that her boss wasn't going to like her ditching work.

The run back was quiet, mostly everyone has retired for the night, sides the occasional drunk. Good for him less people to maneuver past.

Rounding a corner, he spotted the inn and right at the front, was Bell looking around worridly. "<Bell! Sorry I'm late was busy with something!>"

At the sound of his voice, Bell turned around, his eyes brightening up. "Ah there you are Dante-san!" Bell waved him smiling brightly as Dante jogged over. "How was your day kami-sama?"

<"Good, yours? How was the trip into the dungeon? You aren't hurt are you?>" Dante did a quick look of Bells body as they entered the inn. some tear in the clothes, but nothing serious.

"It was absolutely wonderful! It felt like I was back to being a mere s- ahem." Bell caught himself, coughing awkwardly with a slight blush. "I mean, it was certainly different from the surface. It was a bit nerve-wracking at first, before I got used to it." Bell admitted. Removing his white painters hat. "The dungeon had such wonderful colors to explore, each level a shade of red that was more captivating then the last." Bell hummed in approval as we enter our shared room.

"And before I forget, I made quite alot from my first delve down! I made alot of valis! Sixty-four, thousand Dante-Sama!" He opened the sack to reveal a large load gold coins, Bell face stretched into a smile awaiting for his praise.

"<thats wonderful Bell, great work>" Dante reached forward to ruffle Bells hair. "<that's more then I expected on the first day.>"

"Hehe, thanks Dante-sama" Bell smiled before stepping back. "I could have made more if I had gotten a bigger pack, or more then just one. Had to stop craving them out once my bag became full."

"<I see, well amazing work Bell. Say what floor did you get too?>" Dante asked, looking towards him.

"Floor seven, I could have gone deeper before I called it quits." Bell said.

floor seven huh? That seems impressive at the very least for a first time adventurer. "<Alright, tomorrow we'll shop for more bags for you. Get some rest okay?>" grabbing his Dairy, he takes off Bells identity. And with it, the sound of glass cracking as Bell was returned to normal, his clothes shifting from a painters clothing. To mere sleep wear

A yawn escaped the young boy, his arms stretching as he got ready for bed.
"Goodnight Dante-Sama." Bell closed his eyes, shifting in his bed.

"<Night Bell, sweet dreams>." Dante said. now alone once more. Moving to the desk, opening the notes on this world, he begun writing, just like he what he did during his time in the city, and his time on the road. Jotting down what he has learned from each day to pass the time.

finished, his notes about Orario was looking more fleshed out now, putting the pen down and doing a quick stretched from how stiff his back had gotten.

Dante hears the rustling coming Bells side of the room, looking over he found Bell rising from bed, yawning.

"Haaaa, morning Dante-sama" Bell yawned out, rising to his feet as he stretched for a momment.

"<morning, had a good sleep?>" Dante asked, as Bell looked over.

"It was already, but i had a really weired dream last night." Bell looked at his own hands. "It was me painting portraits of heroes. I was me, well the ring identity I mean." Bells words rang some alarms in my head.

That, that doesn't sound good, he remembers Faust telling the dangers of using a version of yourself identity, merging together untill it was seamless.

Dante hadn't need to worry about, as Faust had told him of the failsafes Mephistopheles had to prevent such a thing happening....he had forgotten about it, since it was so long ago.

Bells situation was unique compared to the sinners, aside from the obvious, bell was directly interfacing with his identitys, that meant, he was seeing his otherselves memories? That wasn't good. That's, what does even do? Faust or Yi sang had probably some plans for when the failsafes failed, but Dante? He had nothing to go off, nothing in the event of bell refracting.

Keeping the worry and panic that was slowly rising contained. Dante tried to think of something to say. "<I see, thats probably the memories of your counterpart, remember what I said to you?>"

"That my identitys are alternative versions of my self that overlay with myself to borrow there strengths." Bell recited. "Why? Do you ask?"

"<Okay, so using your Ring identity for nearly the entire day, has potentially merged had residue memories of them, crossing over to yourself.>" Dante was just throwing out what made sense. While he has seen glimpse into these worlds before. His sinners never experienced it, at least they never mentioned it besides discomfort at the start of it. "<though I can't be too sure. For now just we'll just use a different identity.>" Bell furrowed his eyes for a moment.

"If you say so Dante-sama. I'll be more careful them." Dante sighed in relief, alright he's not much of a scientist, but he'll try to figure out what this meant. Hopefully it can be reversed with his clock, though that was a last resort if he can help it.

"Ah! Dante-sama its happening again!" Bells excited voice drew Dantes attention once more, looking back, he can see a golden glow, branching off from his back, colacing into a plane of energy, chained as it was. Before shooting straight into Dantes chest.

A warm feeling spread across his body, spreading head to toe, the clock was speeding up, a loud horn of a train horn emitted from Dantes body, chains unraveling from the plane of energy. Revealing a new path.

Well, can safely say he's getting used to that. "<well then, let's see what you just gained shall we?>" Bell nodded excitedly, his eyes shining for this new identity.

[Gulid advisor]

....what, thats....what? That's never happened before, bell previous identitys were all ones he's familiar with it, they came from the city, so he assumed it would have been the same.

Great another thing to research about. "<that's....certainly new. Bell what do you think?>" Dante asked, and when no came replay came, he looked to see Bell cringing. "<Bell you okay?>"

"Y-yeah, perfectly fine kami-sama! I uh, well I guess we should test it?" Bell was laughing awkwardly, his eyes darting away from Dante.

"AnywayIshouldprobablygetwashedupberightback!" Bell darts into the bathroom, leaving a very confused Dante.

"<what in the world got into him?>" Dante might never know, seeing as once Bell came out, he ignored anything about talking

A soft golden light, emanated deep within the bowls of the dungeon, a gold tree branch was rooted on pedestal, energy escaping through the golden hues of its branches. Suffused itself with reality, changing and branching out.

The golden strands pooled beneath the pedestal it stood, slowly filling up , nothing would come out of it for now. Not untill more of the energy can form.

The dungeon was natural energy would suffice. As small horns slowly begins forming from the malice and anger the dungeon held within its walls.

Last edited:
Chapter 5
Bells cheeks were colored slightly Red, following after Dante-san as he checked the books they had burrowed from Eina-san, the thought of her was still slightly shameful after he had went to the pantheon dripping blood.

His ears ring from the scolding he had received, though to be fair to Eina-San, she hadn't know about Bells having experienced already about slaying monsters, so couldn't blame her. She was just worried about him.

Focus Bell there nearing Bable. "Dante-sama? How many bags do you think we'll need?" Bell asked, hoping for some small talk.

"<Well a new bag to carry more magic stones is one, potions is another we have to buy. That's mostly about it.>" Dante said, pocketing his hands. "<I read about bable housing several shops inside of its, with each floor having a different range of price to it. The first floor is the most expensive, only getting cheaper with each floor we go up.>"

Bell hummed "do you think we'll be there Long?"

"<likely not, it's just one bag we're getting, one of the shops should have it.>" Dante entered the towers, from what he remembered from the book, some years ago, someone invented an elevator, allowing easy travel between the floors. Convenient to have, especially in a mirror world like this. "<Bell let's go before we burn any more daylight.>"

"Coming!"

Entering inside and taking the elevator of, we head to the upper floors, finding ourselves in a rather spacious open area, adventurers were browsing several on display items, going in and out of shops and coming out with new gear. "<certainly lively that's for sure, come on Bell, let's see about you getting a larger bag.>"

Bell, nodded and Dante left it like that, to be honest he wished to leave it like that, however he had a more pressing issue to address, namely the God's themselves would take problem with Dantes ability to revive.

Frankly? He had zero clue on how to navigate this, wasn't like he had a situations even remotely similar to this. He had experience in navigating combat encounters and abnormalities, not this.

Perhaps if he limits Bell usage of identity? Frankly him experiencing, a vision of a mirror world was already shoving into the deep end, add on politics and Dante was plunging into the abyss.

"Dante? Your clock speeding up again." Bell concerner voice snapped Dante out of his increasingly loud thoughts.

Was he? Ah he was getting stressed again and losing his cool, calm down Dante, calm down. "<sorry, had alot to think about. Sorry for worrying you bell.>" he patted his heart, but it didn't stop bell worried look.

"If you say so Dante-sama, just tell me if it becomes too bothersome for you." If Dante could smile, he would. Bells too precious at times.

"Oh hey! What about that shop! They have leather bags on display." Bell pointed at a storefront that had several items on display, mainly armor, weapons. Looking deeper there did appear to be some larger leather bags.

"<Good catch, come on let's see what's the quality of it.>" Dante said, walking over to pull a few of the bags out, inspecting them throughly, until he came across one sack that was perfect, it was of excellent quality, big enough that Bell could comfortably lug it around, sizeable enough that it was an upgrade from his standered bag. "<this one seems, bell your thoughts?>"

Bell looked up from The bags he was inspecting and nodded. "That looks perfect dante-sama! Good find!" Bell took to the bag and headed over to the empty counter, and ringng the bell.

"Coming! Hold on a sec, got to put things away over here!" Came a voice coming out back

It wasn't long untill a door at the back of the counter opened up, until a short, hazel skined women with freckles came out, a sheepish look on her face. "Sorry, sorry I was doing a project for a client, hope you weren't waiting for long lass. Names lyoko, at your service." The women grins, hefting a large hammer onto her shoulder.

"Eh, it was not a problem miss lyokos! I just wanted to buy this bag." Bell gestured to the bag, slinging it onto the counter. Lyokos brow raise.

"A bag? That's it? No armor, no weapons? Come don't tell me your just a supporter are you?" Lyokos questeoned. Leaning onto the counter, her brows

"Uh, no I just need a bag, having trouble gathering magic stones by myself." Bell said, scratching his cheeks. "I just need the bag miss lyokos."

She hummed as lyokos turned to Dante. "So, I'm guessing your a new adventurer to Orario, how long since you've been here?"

"Just a day or two. Still Learning the ropes."

"Ah ha, so that's why you lass wasn't with a supporter, you don't got one." Lyokos said with a grin. "Well, at least I'm here to outfit you. Now you need anything besides just a bag? A weapon mayhap?"

Bell shook his head. "Ah, no thanks I got-" Bell paused in his words as Dante placed a hand on his shoulders, stopping him.

"<Actually, Bell how about you get some equipment of your own? it would be your own and well you wouldn't be so reliant on identitys.>" Dante informed as Bells eyes widen.

"Ah, nevermind miss lyokos, I'll take a weapon!" Bell said, glancing the selection of weapons and armor she had on display.

Lyokos had a raised brow, glancing back and forth between Bell and Dante. "I feel like I'm being left out of a conversation here, boy you understand what the clock heads saying, besides the endless ticking? " Bell nodded.

"Ah, yes I act as kami-sama translator, sorry." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, having forgotten that important detail. "I hope you don't mind."

The dwarfs women eyes Bell for a momment, slowly blinking as she processed the information. "I see. Well i never heard of a God handicapping themselves that much, that only there children could hear them." Lyokos muttered,

Dante shrugged. He's used to it, usually he's ignored most of the time. "Well, what do you want lass? A dagger? Sword? Rapier? I got them all!" She smiled confidently.

"Uh, hm it's hard to choose." Bell muttered, with his various identitys, there skills has passed onto him, he was confident in using a sword, as well spears.

A dagger, just like the ones he set out with at the start of his journey. "Alright, I made up my mind! I want to have a dagger lyokos." Bell declared, smiling at lyokos.

a small smirk graces her face. "Alright, your the boss, one dagger coming right up. Now do you want a custom job or just a standarded piece."

So Bell and Dante left with some brand new knives, Bell would be getting some extra practice in. A brand new sack, and a lighter wallet, all in the days work.

Note: I'm shit at making fight scenes, so I'll need some advice or directions to making it good, to say the least. So this is going to be my attempt at it.

a dagger punctured through a goblin skull, as Bell quickly stepped back, avoiding a goblin wild lunge that would have punctured his suit! And him!

"Woah! Almost ruined my outfit! I can't let Eina know I went down here." Bell muttered, stepping forward as the goblin lunges forward again, grabbing its tiny green wrist, and pulling it forcefully into his awaiting blade. Splattering blood onto the pristine suit he got from Eina-San! "Gah! Not again, I messed up the suit! Eina-san gonna yell at me again!" And i just cleaned it too!

Oh God's above, Eina-san is going to drag him into another lecture session like last time!

"No, just don't think about it, don't think about! Just keep moving forward! I'm sure I clean it in time!" Resolving himself, he promptly spins around, ready to head deeper into the dungeon.

only to face a killer ant staring at him with its baleful red eyes. "Ah, I wondering when you would show up." The killer ant rears it's head up, releasing its pheromones. Bell hastily tried to stab it In the head unfortunately it was too late to stop it. "AHH! Gotta run now!" Bell twists around, sprinting off as fast as his feet could take him.

The walls broke open, spewing out killer ants by the dozens. skittering out as they begin to give chase after the rabbit boy.

Rounding down a corner, Bell eyes were darted around the walls of the dungeon, noting that at the rate he's going, he'll soon intersect with the main path leafing out, perfect, there would be plenty of areas he could choke the killer ants out and ensure he still had room to maneuver and get out.

Grabbing the sack from his back, Bell grabbed what Dante-Sama had packed for him, namely the daggers, he took one out and left the rest as he hoisted his sack back on. Maneuvering down the hallways, left, right, forward, left.

He was nearing the area main route now, go time. Digging his feet into the solid rock, he awaited, daggers drawn out.

It wasn't long untill the first killer ant, one way ahead its pack rushed at him recklessly, lunging forward, exposing it's abdomen the weakest part of its body. His right arm swung down, severing the spinal column.

He let it drop, as more of its kin rush him from down the hallway ten of them, the rest were laggng behind.. Thinking quickly, bell kicked the corpse of the killer ant, knocking down two of the monsters, good, he had time before the rest of the horde arrived.

Stepping forward, he thrusts his dagger into one of the closer killer ants, his left arm swing towards the next, severing its neck, stepping back as six killer ants tried to dogpile him.

He didn't give them the chance to get up, stabbing two and stomping on the third one, smashing through there carapace. Trapping two of the killer ants as they screech in rage. The third one was able to wiggle out of the pile, only be to kick away. Right in the previous killer ants. Leaving bell to finsh to off the remaining two.

"Huh, this was easier then I thought it would be." Bell muttered, as the rest of the killer ants finally reach Bell. Shaking his head as the rest finally reached him.

Slice through one, avoid being dogpiled, kick to the corpses to dispese as much as possible, don't them let them condense on you.

Eventually, he was the one remaining standing, corpses of killar ants surrounding bell. He exhaled, relaxing his grip on his daggers, and put one back into his holster. "Ehehe, this is going to be a pain to cut out." Bell muttered, rubbing his neck as he stared at the corpses surrounding him. The blood staining into his suit uncomfortable. "Better not tell Eina-San about this, she would be furious." A dungeon advisor wasn't supposed to go into the dungeon after all!

A small rumble shook the dungeon, alerting Bell. "Shoot! Did I forget one!" He looked for any cracking walls, preparing himself for another fight. Only there was none, the rumbling beginning to die down. Shrugging he begins craving out the Magic stones from the ants bodies.

It wasn't long untill he was finshed, as he finshed his counting and begun setting forward into the seventh floor.

Last edited:

Note: I'm shit at making fight scenes, so I'll need some advice or directions to making it good, to say the least. So this is going to be my attempt at it.

a dagger punctured through a goblin skull, as Bell quickly stepped back, avoiding a goblin wild lunge that would have punctured his suit! And him!

"Woah! Almost ruined my outfit! I can't let Eina know I went down here." Bell muttered, stepping forward as the goblin lunges forward again, grabbing its tiny green wrist, and pulling it forcefully into his awaiting blade. Splattering blood onto the pristine suit he got from Eina-San! "Gah! Not again, I messed up the suit! Eina-san gonna yell at me again!" And i just cleaned it too!

Oh God's above, Eina-san is going to drag him into another lecture session like last time!

"No, just don't think about it, don't think about! Just keep moving forward! I'm sure I clean it in time!" Resolving himself, he promptly spins around, ready to head deeper into the dungeon.

only to face a killer ant staring at him with its baleful red eyes. "Ah, I wondering when you would show up." The killer ant rears it's head up, releasing its pheromones. Bell hastily tried to stab it In the head unfortunately it was too late to stop it. "AHH! Gotta run now!" Bell twists around, sprinting off as fast as his feet could take him.

The walls broke open, spewing out killer ants by the dozens. skittering out as they begin to give chase after the rabbit boy.

Rounding down a corner, Bell eyes were darted around the walls of the dungeon, noting that at the rate he's going, he'll soon intersect with the main path leafing out, perfect, there would be plenty of areas he could choke the killer ants out and ensure he still had room to maneuver and get out.

Grabbing the sack from his back, Bell grabbed what Dante-Sama had packed for him, namely the daggers, he took one out and left the rest as he hoisted his sack back on. Maneuvering down the hallways, left, right, forward, left.

He was nearing the area main route now, go time. Digging his feet into the solid rock, he awaited, daggers drawn out.

It wasn't long untill the first killer ant, one way ahead its pack rushed at him recklessly, lunging forward, exposing it's abdomen the weakest part of its body. His right arm swung down, severing the spinal column.

He let it drop, as more of its kin rush him from down the hallway ten of them, the rest were laggng behind.. Thinking quickly, bell kicked the corpse of the killer ant, knocking down two of the monsters, good, he had time before the rest of the horde arrived.

Stepping forward, he thrusts his dagger into one of the closer killer ants, his left arm swing towards the next, severing its neck, stepping back as six killer ants tried to dogpile him.

He didn't give them the chance to get up, stabbing two and stomping on the third one, smashing through there carapace. Trapping two of the killer ants as they screech in rage. The third one was able to wiggle out of the pile, only be to kick away. Right in the previous killer ants. Leaving bell to finsh to off the remaining two.

"Huh, this was easier then I thought it would be." Bell muttered, as the rest of the killer ants finally reach Bell. Shaking his head as the rest finally reached him.

Slice through one, avoid being dogpiled, kick to the corpses to dispese as much as possible, don't them let them condense on you.

Eventually, he was the one remaining standing, corpses of killar ants surrounding bell. He exhaled, relaxing his grip on his daggers, and put one back into his holster. "Ehehe, this is going to be a pain to cut out." Bell muttered, rubbing his neck as he stared at the corpses surrounding him. The blood staining into his suit uncomfortable. "Better not tell Eina-San about this, she would be furious." A dungeon advisor wasn't supposed to go into the dungeon after all!

A small rumble shook the dungeon, alerting Bell. "Shoot! Did I forget one!" He looked for any cracking walls, preparing himself for another fight. Only there was none, the rumbling beginning to die down. Shrugging he begins craving out the Magic stones from the ants bodies.

It wasn't long untill he was finshed, as he finshed his counting and begun setting forward into the seventh floor.

note: there, got some advice from seat_admiral on fight scenes, I really liked it, probably could have done better.

Chapter 5 will be updated.

I can't help but imagine at some point Dante's gonna have the ability to summon the OG Warcrimes Gang, if only just to teach Bell how to fight.
note: there, got some advice from seat_admiral on fight scenes, I really liked it, probably could have done better.
Nah, it seemed pretty good to me. Only real complaint was that it felt short - as in, the fight was logically short, but of course the brain is gonna want more fighting - and that isn't something you can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back