• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Just an opinion (WORM)

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • DS/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iperno

This will replace the title that dispays under you
Cauldron was right.

I'm just writing this cause all the worm fics that I read starts with a rant of Cauldron.

They don't have outcontext powers, they can't fill a CYOA with the in blank perk, or to directly delete to Scion.
They make the world worse? Yes, but that was a bet to try to get a silver bullet, and in the end they got it. Who would think that saying Scion "Kill yourself" would be successful?

That's overly simplified and in the wrong forum. There are Worm discussion threads.
Cauldron might be logical in using any means necessary against multiversal exctinction, but they've also done plenty of retarded and cruel shit for no reason, other than Wildbow said so.

Cauldron was right.
Nah.
Who was right - is Yangban. They were actually doing something that could work. What C. were doing was something which couldn't work even in theory. Cause "second Eidolon" which they bet on would by definition be weaker than a full entity anyway - a part can't be bigger than a whole. Plus all their other stupidity. Starting with basing their strategy on PtV which already stopped working on entities AND didn't take into account future triggers -which they probably saw inside a year. It could be used for gathering resources, but unless their whole idea was to just survive themselves and get comfortable, resources was something with a priority after strategy was decided, not before. Their base full with "mutants" was completely useless and could actually make things worse if not for jailbreaking QA which was just Taylor grasping at straws, their whole Protectorate project was busily teaching paras who would work with them wrong reflexes (police work IS completely different friends fighting against stronger enemy and they were bad even as police). Etc, etc, etc.
The only one with a working brain among them imnsho was probably Dr. Manton, and he went crazy from his friends ' stupidity. %)
The only thing they did which had some merit was their para-feudalism project, and even then Calvert was a wrong candidate cause his power was much better at working behind the scenes (he needed a figurehead to work and didn't establish one -again, C. stupidity is infective... )
What they should do if they weren't stupid was give Fortuna (or at least someone among them) a good formal education at logic, computer science or something in this vein to learn to "formulate wishes" correctly and establish some foundations to learning how PtV actually works. They had some 10+ years for this easily at start.
And here I'm not even talking about their putting their faith into Fortuna being correct in interpreting her trigger vision as "monsters-monsters-monsters! Kill it with fire!!!11!" It was justified by the author 's knowledge given to readers, but, as you correctly say above, the heroes didn't get quest notifications, all they had was fear of the Other and a hysterical peasant girl.
Sincerely hope to one day see a fic where their interpretation was wrong from the start and they just went through the same moves as in canon... ;)

That's overly simplified and in the wrong forum. There are Worm discussion threads.
Cauldron might be logical in using any means necessary against multiversal exctinction, but they've also done plenty of retarded and cruel shit for no reason, other than Wildbow said so.
Sorry about the wrong forum if so. I personally don't see a subforum for Worm discussions specifically. ;)
And this is certainly NOT creative writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the wrong forum if so. I personally don't see a subforum for Worm discussions specifically. ;)
And this is certainly NOT creative writing.
Usually there's an "X ideas, discussion and recs" thread for every major fandom, not subforum. QQ can be weirdly incosistent though, I only found a separate ideas thread and discussion one which died.
This thread would've died too until you hadn't commented.

I'm sure there are 3000 pages long Worm discussion threads on SB and SV, so while not wrong, opening a single opinion thread here is pointless.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-43.858775/

The one in NSFW CW Index is still active, has over 3500 pages too
I sincerely doubt anybody would find time and inclination to parse through all that, especially considering that also is about ideas, not discussing the canon - at least according to its title... ;)
Also, going to unsubscribe from this. Should do it yesterday, probably. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back