1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lag

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Megaolix, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So, this morning, I had the bad surprise of suffering from this here (and just before posting too).

Was this just me or are we really starting to suffer from QQ getting more popular?

2. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

I've had issues with pages taking a bit to load from time to time, but there hasn't been anything that's really impacted my browsing experience in a meaningful way. And if it proves to be necessary, acquiring more server space shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

I've seen a little lag now and again, but it's very sporadic.

I'm not sure if we're getting overloaded or if it's just a random burp in the network.

4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Little lag is definitely getting bigger now.

5. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

its usually in the mornings for me in est time zone. and again near the evening est but that is generally lag on all sites.

6. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Midnight/Dawn in my place, but I usually sleeps anyway, or it is quite rare. Also, it's only slow during the initial connection. After that, it goes smoothly.

7. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

It's getting worse. The site's starting to load slower for me and pics aren't loading that well. Even the banner.

8. tehelgee

I'm not seeing any lag. :/

9. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

Well, seeing that it crapped out twice before letting me get in to see this post just now, there's lag somewhere.

I suppose I can break out traceroute and see what it says, but this has been going on for a few days now, and it's been getting worse, so. I dunno.

10. tehelgee

I just ran tracert from my machine to questionablequesting.com, and the longest time was 46ms.

Also, letting a ping /t run now. I am seeing an occasional time out, but they're infrequent.

11. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

It's still loading slow for me. And it's not my internet connection or my pc. This thing is brand new and doesn't have a virus.

12. ChandraMagic

Well, tracert is giving me some longer than normal times (nothing lower than 66ms), but that could partially be because it's routing through Dallas (serious, wut? Way to go out of the fucking way).

Anyway, the main problem I'm having is that it's being slower and more finicky than SB does at peak times. I dunno; I'll do a full reset tonight and see if that clears shit up.

13. ChandraMagic

Okay, so. last night I flushed my dns, restarted my cable modem, and restarted my computer. The lag I was experiencing has since almost all disappeared, although I do still get pockets of lag/website not responding, but no where near as bad.

Ergo, I withdraw most of my complaints.

14. tehelgee

I did a geographical traceroute, and the servers are based in France, so any delays may be due to crossing an ocean or continent.

15. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

The lags and errors are getting worse. As in I can't See the rest of a page of a thread. The first page of Trials of a God-harem king to be exact.

16. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

It's starting to get worse than SB's lag. This is what appears for me at the bottom of the first post. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/geryona/public_html/cache/data_7954c1489777acbd24f290752dee36fd-SMF-parse-81794-c00925f479429b259b4ada3d1301ea30.php on line 1

17. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Been getting 500 Internal Server Error since this evening.

No lag to speak of, but straight to that page instead when I try to go elsewhere in the site.

18. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Lag here too, it could be bad connection though. Is there any accidents lately relate to the servers?

19. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

There is one thread where I can't see the rest of the first page. I get this error thing Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/geryona/public_html/cache/data_7954c1489777acbd24f290752dee36fd-SMF-parse-81794-c00925f479429b259b4ada3d1301ea30.php on line 1

20. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Haven't ever seen the parsing error nightblade has, and I went ahead and checked the mentioned page. It loaded fine for me.

I have been seeing those 500 server errors for a while, though, but those are usually solved by waiting a minute or two and then trying again.

21. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

You have an idea how to get rid of it?

22. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Have you tried fake IP or whatever it is yet?

23. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

No and why would I?

24. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

I'm getting them too, but I just spam F5 a few times and it tends to load by the fifth.

25. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I'm not getting errors that won't load the page right now. I literally can only view the very first post on the first page of the Thread trials of a god harem king. and its only happening in chrome.

26. tehelgee

The host is having problems with the shared server, it has spikes of high load from one of the accounts.

27. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

I'm having some strange sort of issue I've never seen before.

I can go to any given page and it loads fine. However refreshing the page just starts it permanently loading without getting anywhere. I have to back out and click back into it to see new posts.

Not suffering this issue on any other forums. Not sure what my issue here is.

28. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

Double post and a necro, but shouldn't matter in this type of thread.

I've been having lag and failures to load on QQ the past couple days and Lement mentioned he was too in the SB rant thread. I'm wondering if that's due to increased load?

29. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

the lag and unresponsive pages aren't universal as some people dont even notice the problems, might be something up with the ip checking or sdomething.

30. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Meh, haven't really noticed any lag lately.
    Yesterday there was some though.