• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Learning other languages so you can read more fanfics?

universeflash

Making the rounds.
I feel like there are bunch of insanely good fanfics I'll never know about as an english reader only.
i was just reading some reddit post about how there is an insane amount of indonesian dxd x naruto fanfics.
and it got me thinking about just how many insanely good fanfics possibly exist in non english languages.

Learning other languages to access a wider range of fanfiction is a great idea. Many fantastic fanfics exist in non-English languages. For instance, in Japanese, there are countless high-quality fanfics for anime like Naruto and One Piece. In the Spanish-speaking world, Harry Potter fanfiction is quite popular. Similarly, French fanfic writers have produced impressive works in the Miraculous Ladybug fandom.

I feel like there are bunch of insanely good fanfics I'll never know about as an english reader only.
i was just reading some reddit post about how there is an insane amount of indonesian dxd x naruto fanfics.
and it got me thinking about just how many insanely good fanfics possibly exist in non english languages.
You are right because of language barrier we missed out many amazing fanfics

To be fair, if you open one of those links, your browser will probably allow you to translate those, so if you pretend any awkward bits in the translations are instead profound idioms, you could have a good time even without knowing the language.

the most attractive Japanese, I thought it would be difficult, but so far the whole process is a pleasure

I feel like there are bunch of insanely good fanfics I'll never know about as an english reader only..
Actually, there're lots of good literature in other languages generally, not all of which is translated, and not all translation is good. ;))
Sorry for being obvious, but Doulingo is a good start - though you'll need to move to reading actual books before finishing their courses. Made the mistake of taking a pause myself with Chinese recently... ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back