• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Light novel recs?

The-Lewd-Dude

Experienced.
So I've recently gotten into LN's recently after reading the first volumes of overlord and division maneuver. I was hoping that QQ could help me find some decent stuff and since we got one of these for manga might as well have one for lightnovels.

One of my personal favourites is Chrome Shelled Regios, it got a one season anime adaption, which started ok and ended horribly, but the novels are excellent. Post apocalypse world filled with monsters called polluted beings or filth monsters or contaminoids (cringe) depending on translation. Atmosphere is skin meltingly toxic to humans. Humans live in Mobile cities with atmosphere shield. think city on platform on giant legs, that move constantly to avoid the monsters as a single mature type can destroy a city. Some humans have a mutation called a kei vein that makes them superhuman and able to fight the monsters.

Protag is a bit of a doormat but there are excellent reasons for it and he actually has a complex and well thought out character. Protag is exiled from worlds strongest city and ends up in a weak city that conscripts him to fight the monsters as they havnt got a chance themselves. Cities also have wargames over the ore mines that power their reactors. Worldbuilding is fantastic, good characters with good development and some excellent deconstruction of certain tropes. Female student is talking about how hard it is on her small scholarship, reveals she was rich and ran away from home to be a warrior for this city, protag backstory is he was an orphan who lived through famine and fought on the frontlines from 7 years old to make money as he was sick of babies starving to death in his arms in the orphanage, its quite long, lot of volumes and it doesnt shit itself halfway through

Users who are viewing this thread

Back