1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Mr. Meesey (meeseeks x reader) slice of life short story

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Summertyme Adventures, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Threadmarks: DESCRIPTION
    Summertyme Adventures

Summertyme Adventures Getting out there.

I had a wonderful idea for a hurt/comfort and slice of life fic.
    ·.★·.·´¯`·.·★ ★·.·´¯`·.·★.· ★·.·´¯`·.·★.·
    10k words
    4/4 chapters

You are a teen making your way to every bookstore you an find in order to find a long lost book you'd given away when you were young. During your search you run in to a certain teenage boy who happens to drop a Mr. Meeseeks box, you find it and are unsure of what it is until you end up with a mr. meeseeks of your own. He joins you on your quest to find your long lost book helping you learn life lessons along the way and learning the meaning of his life while helping you. I don't plan on it being more then a few chapters long and there will be little mention of the rest of the rick and morty universe.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  2. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    Summertyme Adventures

Chapter 1

Today was the day you would find it, you were sure of it. Yet another bookstore in yet another small town where the streets had more pot holes then drivable roads and everyone's cars were a certain tint of red due to the clay dirt spun from tires going down dirt paths. There were barely any cars to be seen sitting on the side of the road but plenty of small shops lined the streets. This town looked almost as if it had walked out of an old black and white film. You had driven over thirty hours and this was the first sign of civilization you came across, your olive green Oasis camper van sat in the middle of the parking lot locked up with sun reflectors covering your windows.

As you drew nearer to the shops you could tell that there was a barber, a salon, a few boutiques and a mom and pop fish house at the very end which you could see from where you were standing. Despite all the old thrifts and pawn shops you passed you can't help but keep your eyes on the purple and white building that set nestled in between two stone buildings that looked much more upkept. The front windows were lined with books wrapped in pink and multicolored paper covered in hearts and other valentine looking prints. The door had a window with cursive letter that read 'The Readers Nook'. You cross the street listening to the lick of the street light as it flashes red. Once you make it across you find that the front of the shop is lined with flowers of all types, you figured whoever owned the shop probably spent a lot more time tending to the flowers then actually selling anything.

"Look out!" You hear someone yell from your right but you can't even get a look at them before they crash into you making you fall to the ground covering you in a thick red dust. You shoulder hurt from the impact and your elbows were scraped from falling onto the gravel, while holding your head you sit up and find a young man about the same age as yourself lying on the ground doing much the same as you, holding his head and trying to right himself after hitting the equivalent of a brick wall going full speed. He was wearing a sunflower yellow t-shirt and a pair of jeans that seem to fit him well with a pair of generic sneakers. You noticed a backpack laying on the ground that had come unzipped in the tussle letting lots of gadgets scatter over the ruble, some things even landed in the planter box that held the flowers you were previously admiring.

"In a hurry are we?" You ask nonchalantly while you bring yourself back up to your feet doing your best to brush off the left over dirt and dust. The boy does the same however he doesn't respond to me instead ignoring me completely while scrambling to gather his things shoving them into the bag, you move to begin helping him gather everything but before you an grasp some sort of metal wand or tool he yells out.

"Don't touch that!" He grabs whatever the tool was before you are able to leaving you to back away with your hands up in defeat. Obviously this kid had some shit going on and wasn't handling the stress well and you hate to get in between him and whatever war path he's set on. Soon he determines that everything there was to get up is now safely put back into his bag and he again takes off in the same direction he was headed before, a sprint turing into a full out run the farther he got from you.

"Have a nice day?" You call out after him not knowing weather he heard you or not, you shrug 'what a strange interaction.' you thought yto yourself before turning back towards the old bookstore from before.

It was the 5th book store you'd visited on your venture through the states on your search to find a specific copy of Le Petite Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. This specific copy was first edition that had been translated to polish from 1947 with an old canvas cover with a crued original drawing of the little prince on the cover with his staff and cape. Yes this would be a nearly impossible book to find but the truth was you had all the time in the world to look for it, sure you were diverting from your original task of finding a college to go to once this summer was over but you found that you had no interest in pursuing a career of any kind really.

Your parents, the loving and trusting souls that they were had given you the go ahead to ride around alone to find a college and town that 'suited you' almost like sending a which out on her 13th birthday to find the town she would live in and serve, like some kind of initiation. You however chose to spend your time not looking for colleges or mates and instead went searching for far off bookstores hoping to find a book you'd lost long ago. It was one your father had given you long ago, passed down through generations in your family, when you were young you put it into box of other things your mother would be donating to her church which would then go to multiple thrifts across the state.

You'd hoped to find it here, now, in this little bookstore that set nestled in the middle of nowhere. A bell chimed above your head when you pushed the heavy wooden door open hearing as the hinges creaked as you pushed it farther open. From what you could tell the inside matched the outside, Tall wooden bookshelves with white hipping paint were lined in front of you each shelf filled with books of every size shape and color. The smell of mint and lemon grass was strong but it couldn't cover the smell of old wet wood and a distinct musk that hung in the air. The carpet was dirty and worn down to the threads holding it together but you could tell at some point it had been a marvelous royal purple.

"I'm back here!" You heard a younger woman call from somewhere behind the many bookshelves. You step into the book store letting the door shut behind you as you take in the immense amount of books stacked high in every corner. Its seemed like she had ,at some point, run out of space for all the books she was keeping so instead of finding more room for bookshelves she began separating them into stacks with labels for what type they were; action, adventure, Romance, every kind you could think of was here and you hoped the one of a kind you were looking for could be found here as well. All you needed to see was the inside cover where your father had written a message to younger you, in hopes that one day you might read it to your children and they might find the same meanings of life out of it that you had at that age.

You regretted doing such a thing so carelessly when you were younger not understanding the sentimental value it would then hold in the years after when his death tore your family to pieces. Your mother had taken years to recover and eventually found love in a local banksman that seemed to differ from your father in every way. His sharp edges and short cut demeanor made you feel as if a drill sergeant had taken over your home turning it into a military base, you never understood what your mother saw in that brute of a man.

He had never touched or harmed you in any way, never spoke an ill word but he never went out of his way to express that you were important at all. He married your mother but you guess wasn't prepared for the child that came with her so instead of trying to include you into his life he soon pushed you out of it leaving our interactions to be short lived and generic. You had no friends and most of the time prefered it that way seeing as moving from place to place was not ideal for keeping in touch or starting up any sort of relationship, it had taken a toll on your love life but it never bothered you any way.

You make it around the teetering stacks of books to find a young woman with three attacks of books in hand standing behind a white desk. She wore her hair in a tight and high point tail and she wore big glasses over her eyes making her eyes look large and round. She wore a large t-shirt that hung like a dress over her small thin figure and a pair of Jean shorts that hung barely visible from under her long shirt. The books she was holding all looked old and worn down with the spines ripped off and the three corners bent into nubs. Some of them you could see had large round dark stains along the covers indicating water damage to them at some point.

"Welcome to the Readers Nook!" She says chirply as the stacks in her hands begin to tumble forward making her move to stead them.

"Have a look around, let me know if I can help you with anything." With that said she starts to tap away on a computer that looks much older then she does. Your eyes begin to wander the many books on the dusty shelves, you wondered if she ever sold anything from here because if she did it there was enough time in between sales for dust to gather on the shelves and on the books. Nothing was organized in any manner, if it had been you wouldn't need to search every book on the shelf in order to find the specific one.

"Looking for some specific?" you her her ask from behind you slightly startling you after standing in silence for so long.

"Yes actually, I'm looking for a copy of the little prince but this copy will be called Maly Ksiaze. It's written in Polish." You say to her while still thumbing over the shelves of the current book case.

"Hmmm, Don't know if i can say i've seen anything like it but i've found weirder in these stacks of books so you'll just have to look around." With that she heads outside wearing gardening gloves and caring a small shovel, just as you assumed she spent more time out with the flowers then she did inside with the books. You had planned to spend the entire afternoon searching amongst the shelves and stacks of book and that's exactly what you did, dusk to dawn, from one end to the other. The clerk had come in more the once to check on you and even attempted to help in your search but gave up not to long after instead going to the back to watch to watch the tv you could hear from the other room. Eventually you get done with the last stack of books in the back corner and sigh finding yet another dead end, at this rate you might be out of money and out of time before ever finding the book.

You bid her farewell and start on your way back to your van feeling a little deflated, over time the disappoint didn't hurt so much but never went away completely. You always had that feeling before you walked into a new book store, that this one might be the one that ends your quest to find this lost treasure. You hear the ding of the bell as the door comes to a close behind you leaving you to look at the setting sun, you were certain that if you were to stayed parked where you were you could get a full nights sleep and a meal from the fish place across the street. You begin walking back to your van when small glimmer catches your eyes and you see a blue metal box that has all types of patterns along the sides, Its nestles between the building and the flower bed just out of few for passers by. Picking it up from its hiding place you can see now that there is a big red button on the top and it reminds you of a jack in the box only there was no opening for the clown to jump out from.

You move it around in your hands admiring it while making your way back to your van, certainly it had fallen from the bookbag the boy was carrying but you had no hope of finding him any time soon. So instead of worrying anymore about it you simply put it in the front seat after crawling your way into the back of your van and taking a seat on the small couch. You'd had a long day and were more then ready to settle into this uncomfortable fold out bed and drift away into a deep sleep. You brush your teeth and take off the old clothes from the day before and sit them into the dirty laundry basket before pulling out the old creaking fold out and setting up your pillows and fluffy blankets. You find yourself scrolling endlessly on any platform you can find videos on but your attention is brought back to the blue box sitting in the front seat, your curiosity seemed to outway the latter so you reach into the front seat and grab the small box in your hands coming back to rest in a sitting position on your bed. As your hand hits the big red button on top of this odd box you hear a poof, suddenly your startled by a shrill voice.

"HI I'M MR. MEESEEKS LOOK AT ME!"

3. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    Summertyme Adventures

Chapter 2

You were sure someone outside your van could have heard the scream you let go when a 6 ft tall blue man thing with black beady eyes appears before you. The van is small so there's little room to run so instead you grab a pillow to hide behind while it tries to get into a position that's less cramped, his voice was high pitched and he had an orangy red tuft of hair atop its head. Finally it had gotten settled and its eyes turn back towards you. Its skin was a light blue color and its hands looked like mittens. His mouth seemed far to large for his head and it had small block like teeth.

"What are you?" You say while moving to the farthest corner of your can with the pillow being used as a body shield.

"I'm mr. meeseeks, Look at me!" He repeats in his high pitched voice, it was like nothing you'd seen or heard. You must have hit your head or fallen into a coma and now your hallucinating. You glance at the box next to his feet at the other end of the bed, all of this started when you hit the button on tht blue box.

"Im mr. meeseeks look at me! What task can i do for you?" His voice seemed strained as if his voice was going out. You looked at him in confusion causing him to look back at you with the same look of confusion. You shook your head and blinked, trying to clear your mind. This couldn't be real, could it? But the creature before you seemed all too real, and the box on the other end of the van was now pulsing with an otherworldly light.

"Task? What task?" you asked, still not sure if you were dreaming or not.

"Any task!" Mr. Meeseeks replied eagerly. "I exist solely to complete a task and then cease to exist. I'm here to help you, whatever you need! i'm Mr. Meeseeks look at me!"

You thought for a moment, wondering if this was some sort of prank or practical joke. But the creature's earnest expression and high-pitched voice didn't seem like something that could be faked.

"Okay," you said slowly, still not entirely convinced. "Can you help me find something i've lost?" Your eyes slip to a more recent english copy of the little prince you kept next to the bed for reading in your free time.

Mr. Meeseeks clapped his mittened hands together. "Of course, that's an easy task! Just tell me where you saw it last, and I'll help you find it in a jiffy!"

You hesitated, wondering if this was really such a good idea. But you were alone, and desperate for a friend, and this strange blue creature seemed like the only help you had.

"Okay," you said again, more firmly this time. "I've been following this road on the map hitting every town that has a book store where they could possibly have a copy of The Little Prince 1St Polish Edition From 1947. It's a particularly odd find but it has a message from my dad on the inside front cover. Do you think you can help me look for it?"

"Absolutely!" Mr. Meeseeks replied, his voice growing even higher with excitement. "Just sit back and relax, and I'll have you at the next shop in no time! I'm Mr. Meeseeks look at me!"

With that, the strange creature disappeared from the back of your van heading to the front seat to begin driving, leaving you alone with your thoughts and your doubts. But as you watched the pulsating blue light of the box, you couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope. Maybe, just maybe, this would work. You settled back onto your bed, trying to process what had just happened. You couldn't shake the feeling that this was all some elaborate prank, or worse, that you had completely lost your mind. But as you stared at the box, you couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement building within you.

You could feel the van start up as he began driving you to your next stop on the map to look for you beloved lost treasure leaving you to dream until the next morning. The next morning, you woke up to find yourself parked in front of a small bookstore. You rubbed your eyes, wondering if it had all been a dream, but then you saw Mr. Meeseeks sitting in the driver's seat, looking at you expectantly.

"Good morning!" he said cheerily. "I'm Mr. Meeseeks look at me! We're here! This is the bookstore you wanted to check out. Let's go inside and find your book!"

You blinked, still feeling a bit dazed, but then you realized that this was really happening. You felt a surge of gratitude towards the strange creature sitting next to you, who seemed to genuinely want to help you.

"Right," you said, shaking off your sleepiness. "Let's do it!"

You got out of the van and followed Mr. Meeseeks inside the bookstore. The shelves were packed with books, and the smell of paper and ink filled the air. You felt a thrill of excitement as you walked up and down the aisles, searching for the 1st Polish edition of The Little Prince.

As you were searching, Mr. Meeseeks floated around, using his long arms to reach for books on high shelves and asking the store clerk if they had any rare editions of The Little Prince. You were impressed by how resourceful he was, and grateful for his help. You both scanned every shelf diligently, you had more hope this time then you'd had in what felt like a long time. Soon the sun rose and fell all the same but neither of you had any luck finding the book much to your dismay.

As the older man who owned the store closed up shop for the day you sat defeatedly on the sidewalk watching the sun fall over the mountains in the distance, was this all just a lost cause? Mr. Meeseeks floated over to you, his expression sympathetic.

"I'm sorry we didn't find it," he said, his high-pitched voice filled with genuine regret. "But don't worry, we'll keep looking. We'll find it eventually." You looked up at him, feeling a pang of gratitude for his optimism. "Thank you," you said softly.

"I really appreciate all your help." You say, a sad sweet smile playing on your lips. Mr. Meeseeks smiled, his blue face lighting up with happiness. "That's what I'm here for!" he said cheerfully. "To help you find what you're looking for. We'll find that book, I promise.I'm Mr. Meeseeks look at me!" That's when you hear your stomach growl making you realize you'd skipped breakfast for your search with Mr. Meeseeks

"Do you guys get hungry?" You ask the Meeseeks. Mr. Meeseeks nodded his head. "Of course we do! Even though we're not human, we still have needs like food and rest." he said. You rubbed your stomach and smiled sheepishly, feeling a little embarrassed that you had forgotten to eat.

"Do you know of any good places around here to grab a bite to eat?" you asked Mr. Meeseeks. "Absolutely!" he replied, his eyes lighting up with enthusiasm. "There's a great little café just a few blocks away from here. They serve the best pancakes in town. Would you like me to lead the way?"You nodded eagerly, grateful for his help once again. You both got up from the sidewalk and started walking towards the café, with Mr. Meeseeks floating alongside you. As you walked, you couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort and safety with him by your side. He had become more than just a helpful companion on your quest for the book - he had become a friend. Feeling a new since of comfort and boldness your hand slips into his mitten causing him to look at you with some surprise but its replaced by a beaming smile. You smiled back at Mr. Meeseeks, feeling grateful for his warm, friendly demeanor. Walking together, you chatted about the things you both enjoyed and discovered you had a lot in common. It was nice to have someone to talk to who understood your love of books and adventure.

As you arrived at the café, you could smell the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the sweet scent of pancakes in the air. The café that Mr. Meeseeks led you to was quaint and cozy, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Mr. Meeseeks led you to a cozy booth by the window and ordered a stack of pancakes and a cup of coffee. Mr. Meeseeks ordered a plate of bacon and eggs, and you both enjoyed your meal in comfortable silence. After finishing your breakfast, Mr. Meeseeks asked if there was anything else he could do to help you. You thought for a moment before replying, "Well, I still need to find that book. Do you have any other ideas on where we could look?"

Mr. Meeseeks thought for a moment before replying, "Actually, I do I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Look at me!. There's a rare bookstore in the city that specializes in old and hard-to-find books. I think they might have the edition you're looking for."

You grinned at him, feeling hopeful once again. "Let's go there then!" you said, feeling energized and ready to continue your search. Mr. Meeseeks floated up and down excitedly, happy to help you in any way he could. With a new sense of purpose, you and Mr. Meeseeks left the café and headed towards the rare bookstore, ready to continue your search for The Little Prince. Feeling a little better, you got back into the van with Mr. Meeseeks and drove off towards the next town on your map. As you drove, you couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards the strange blue creature sitting next to you. With Mr. Meeseeks by your side, you felt ready to take on the world and find that elusive book. Despite the odds against you, he had remained optimistic and enthusiastic, and had given you a glimmer of hope that you might find what you were looking for. You knew that you had made a true friend in Mr. Meeseeks and that no matter what happened, you would always be grateful for the time you spent together.

As he drove on down the long highway surrounded by thick green evergreens you began to doze off dreaming of nights spent by the fire with your father before his passing. As you drifted off into sleep, Mr. Meeseeks noticed the soft sound of your breathing and smiled to himself. He knew that finding The Little Prince was important to you, but he also knew that sometimes a little rest was necessary too. As the van hummed along the road, Mr. Meeseeks hummed a soft tune to himself, feeling content in the knowledge that he had helped you today. He knew that there would be more adventures to come, but for now, he was happy just to be by your side. And so, you both continued on your journey, with Mr. Meeseeks. A few hours later after the sun had fallen from the sky and been replaced by a brightly shining moon the van began to spat and sputter before finally rolling to a stop and the lights inside died, you'd run out of gas in the middle of the woods in the middle of the night. The ruckus had awoken you from your nap leaving you to panic.

You quickly looked around, trying to figure out what had happened. The darkness of the night seemed to envelop everything, making it difficult to see more than a few feet in front of you. You turned to Mr. Meeseeks, who was hovering silently beside you.

"What are we going to do now?" you asked, feeling a little anxious.

"Don't worry, we'll figure something out," Mr. Meeseeks replied reassuringly. "Let's take a look around and see if there's anything nearby that could help us. I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Look at me!" Together, you and Mr. Meeseeks stepped out of the van and into the cool night air. You looked around, trying to spot any signs of civilization, but all you could see were trees and darkness.

"We need to find some gas," you said, feeling a little hopeless.

"Maybe there's a gas station nearby," Mr. Meeseeks suggested. "Let's start walking and see if we can find anything. I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Look at me!" You nodded in agreement, and the two of you set off into the woods, walking along the deserted road. As you walked, you began to feel a little uneasy. The darkness seemed to be closing in around you, and the silence of the night was almost oppressive. You were afraid and as you both walked in the dark of the night you found yourself hovering closer to Mr. Meeseeks as you wondered further into the woods, he could sense your uneasiness and put his long arm around your shoulder bringing an unintentional blush to your cheeks.

"Thanks for being here with me," you whispered to Mr. Meeseeks, feeling grateful for his presence.

"Of course, that's what friends are for," Mr. Meeseeks replied with a smile.

After what seemed like hours of walking, you finally saw a small light in the distance. You quickened your pace, hoping that it was a gas station or some other kind of help. As you got closer, you realized that the light was coming from a small cabin nestled in the woods. You approached the door and knocked, hoping that someone would be inside. After a few moments, the door creaked open, revealing an old man with a thick beard and deep-set eyes. He looked at you and Mr. Meeseeks for a moment before speaking.

"What brings you here at this hour?" he asked in a gravelly voice.

"We've run out of gas and we were hoping you could help us," you replied, feeling relieved that you had found someone.

The old man nodded and invited you inside. He rummaged around for a while before emerging with a can of gasoline.

"This should be enough to get you to the nearest gas station," he said, handing you the can.

"Thank you so much," you said gratefully. "Is there anything we can do to repay you?"

The old man shook his head. "Just take care of each other," he said, before closing the door.

You and Mr. Meeseeks walked back to the van, feeling grateful for the old man's kindness. You filled the tank with gas and soon the van roared back to life. As you drove away, you couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the kindness of strangers. With renewed hope, you continued on your journey with Mr. Meeseeks by your side, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, you would face them together.

4. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    Summertyme Adventures

Chapter 3

It was the wee hours of the morning when you both pulled into the next town on your map. The rare book store Mr. Meeseeks had mention earlier was still a few hours away but you thought that maybe today would be a day for just you and him. This was your way of thanking him for everything he'd done for yo so fearlessly. "How would you feel about a fun day?" You ask him cheerily and he looks at you in question, "A fun day?" You nod eagerly, "Yes, just the two of us. We've been on this mission for a while, and I think we deserve a break."

Mr. Meeseeks seems taken aback for a moment, as if he wasn't used to being the focus of someone's attention. But then a smile spreads across his face and he nods enthusiastically. "That sounds great! What did you have in mind? I'm Mr. Meeseeks look at me!"

You grin, feeling a sense of excitement bubbling inside you. "Well, I was thinking we could explore this town a little bit, maybe do some shopping and try some of the local food. And then we could find a park and have a picnic or something."

Mr. Meeseeks nods eagerly, clearly excited about the prospect of a fun day. "That sounds like a great idea! Let's get started!"

Together, you and Mr. Meeseeks spent the day exploring the quaint little town, trying all sorts of local foods and browsing through the charming little shops. Mr. Meeseeks proved to be an excellent shopping companion, offering his opinions on different items and making you laugh with his witty comments. As the day wore on, you both grew closer and closer, laughing and joking together like old friends. You even found a small book store hidden away in the corners of a back alley seemingly lost and forgotten about giving you hope that it might hold what you'd been looing for but after taking a few moments to look around you could tell it was nothing but cheesy romances and old cookbooks. Finally, as the sun began to set, you found a beautiful little park with a wide-open field and a peaceful little pond. You spread out a blanket and opened up a bag of greasy diner food and sat down a few softs drinks you'd gotten from a vending machine.

As you sat there, munching on sandwiches and enjoying each other's company, you couldn't help but feel grateful for Mr. Meeseeks. He had started out as a strange, blue creature from another dimension, but now he had become a true friend, someone to spend time with and laugh with no matter what the circumstances. You hadn't been able to do this with anyone in a very long time, your mother hadn't had time with her job devouring every waking second of her time and your step father hadn't cared enough to even try. Before these unhappy thoughts can take over your mind the sun begins to set and the stars began to twinkle in the sky, you both sat in comfortable silence, watching the world go by. You knew that tomorrow you would be back on the road, searching for The Little Prince, but for now, you were happy just to be here, enjoying a peaceful moment with your friend.

You couldn't help but steal small glances at him as he stares mindlessly up at the sky, what was it like to be a Meeseeks you wonder? "Can i ask you something?" Your question breaks the comfortable silence you both had fallen into making him turn to meet your eyes that were already on him. He nods waiting for you to continue, "Do you like the name Mr. Meeseeks? I mean i know that's what you are technically but would you like for me to call you something else? you know since were friends and all." You were becoming nervous as he watches you genuinely ponder the best answer to your question.

Mr. Meeseeks looked at you for a moment, his expression thoughtful. "Well," he finally said, "I've always been called Mr. Meeseeks, so it's kind of grown on me. But if you'd like to call me something else, I wouldn't mind. What do you have in mind?"

You thought for a moment, considering the different names that had crossed your mind. "How about... Meesey?" you suggested, a little uncertainly.

Mr. Meeseeks chuckled, his eyes lighting up with amusement. "Meesey, huh? I like it! It's catchy," he said, grinning. "From now on, you can call me Meesey if you'd like."

You smiled, feeling happy that he had taken to the name so easily. "Great! Meesey it is," you said, feeling a warmth in your chest. It was a small thing, but it made you feel even closer to him. You scooch closer to him sheepishly turning you attention back up towards the stars and find yourself leaning onto his shoulder.

Meesey didn't seem to mind, in fact, he leaned back slightly to make you feel more comfortable. "You know," he said, his voice soft, "I'm really glad we met."

You turned to look at him, noticing the genuine smile on his face. "Me too," you said, feeling a little shy.

"I never thought I'd make a friend on this mission," Meesey continued, "I thought it would just be me helping you until we found The Little Prince, but... it's been nice. Really nice."

You felt a lump form in your throat, realizing how much you had grown to care about this strange, blue creature. "Yeah," you said, your voice barely above a whisper. "It has been."

As you sat there, watching the stars and enjoying each other's company, you knew that this was a moment you would never forget. Meesey had become more than just a helper on your quest, you couldn't imagine continuing this journey without him by your side.

As the night wore on and the stars grew brighter, you both settled into a comfortable silence once again, but you didn't mind. You couldn't have imagined a better way to spend your day than with your new friend, and you were grateful for every moment. The future might hold many unknowns, but for now, you were content to live in the moment, surrounded by good food, good company, and the beauty of the night sky. Once you both got your fill of outside nd the misquotes you both settled into the back of your van parked in the vacant parking lot. You had begun rereading the little prince for the hundredth time but you were always able to find some deeper meaning every time you read it.

"Have you read it?" You ask Mr. Meesey while he seeming picks at a non existent piece of fuzz on your large soft blanket. Meesey shook his head, "No, I haven't had a chance to read it yet. But I'd like to."

You smiled, happy at the prospect of sharing one of your favorite books with your friend. "I think you'd like it," you said. "It's a story about a little prince who travels to different planets and learns important lessons about life and love."

Meesey looked intrigued, "That sounds interesting. Maybe you could read it to me sometime?"

You nodded eagerly, "Of course! I'd love to."

And so, with the stars shining above and the soft hum of the van's engine in the background, you began to read The Little Prince to Meesey. As you read, you noticed Meesey's eyes grow wide with wonder at every turn of the page. He listened intently to the story, and you could see the emotions playing across his face as you read about the little prince's adventures and the lessons he learned.

"At the garden, the little prince realizes that, even though his rose is not a unique type of flower, she is unique to him because he has cared for her and loved her. He tells the roses that his rose is like the fox. He has tamed her and cared for her, and now in his eyes she is the only rose. The prince then returns to say good-bye to the fox." You continue on through your favorite portion

As you finished the book, Meesey let out a contented sigh. "That was beautiful," he said, his voice soft.

You smiled at him, feeling a warmth in your chest. "I'm glad you liked it," you said. "It's one of my favorites."

Meesey looked at you, his eyes shining in the starlight. "Thank you for sharing it with me," he said. "And for everything else today. It's been an amazing adventure."

You nodded, feeling a lump form in your throat once again. "It really has," you said. "And I couldn't have done it without you."

The two of you sat in silence for a moment, lost in your thoughts. But as you looked up at the stars once again, you knew that this was only the beginning of your journey with Meesey. There were still many more adventures to be had, and you were excited to see where they would take you. At some point you had dozed off to sleep leaving Meesey to turn off the van and come to rest beside you but as he looked at you and watched the gentle rise and fall of your back he couldn't help the wandering of his thoughts.

Meesey had never felt this way before. He had always been a solitary creature, content to watch the world from a distance. But something about this human had drawn him in, and he found himself wanting to be close to them, to share in their adventures and their joys. Existence was pain to a meeseeks this much was true, but being with you had brought him a sense of purpose and happiness that he never knew existed.

As he watched them sleep, he couldn't help but feel a sense of protectiveness wash over him. This human was his friend, and he would do anything to keep them safe. He knew that the road ahead would be filled with dangers and challenges, but he was determined to stand by your side through it all and as he lay there, listening to the soft rhythm of their breathing. He knew that he would follow this human to the ends of the earth if he had to, that was what he was made for after all right? Was that all this was? Meesey couldn't deny the feelings that had grown within him. He cared deeply for you, and he knew that he would do anything to keep you safe. With a soft sigh, he settled down beside you, his gaze fixed on the stars above as he let his thoughts drift. The night was quiet, but the possibilities ahead were endless, and Meesey was eager to see where your journey together would take you next.

Soon the morning came and after a much needed long and restful sleep you both continued on your journey, onto the next small little nothing town, onto the next part of your journey, onto the next part of your life.

5. Threadmarks: Chapter 4
    Summertyme Adventures

Chapter 4

Your stomach growled for the first time that day, you had almost made it the whole day without needing anything but suddenly all you wanted was a glass of water and some food to fight the growing heat outside. You both had passed extremely small town a few miles back, it consisted of a sheriffs station, a library, and a library with a small group of suburban looking houses but that had been a few miles back. You'd both been driving through thick trees not that long ago but now all you could see was dry red dirt and a few leafless shrubs.

Meesey noticed the grumble in your stomach and felt a pang of guilt. He had been so caught up in the adventure that he forgot about your needs. "I'm sorry, human. I should have thought about your needs sooner," he said apologetically.

You waved him off with a smile. "Human? Please Meesey call me (y/n)." You say taking and grasping his mitten and squeezing it in a kind gesture. Meesey looked at you with surprise, but then a smile spread across his face. "Okay, (y/n)," he said, returning the squeeze. "And I apologize again."

"It's alright, Meesey. I'm just a bit hungry and thirsty, that's all. Let's see if we can find somewhere to stop for a bit." Meesey nodded and continued driving, scanning the horizon for any signs of civilization. As you drove further, the heat became more intense and the landscape became even more barren. The road seemed to go on forever, with no end in sight.

Just when you thought you might have to settle for a meal of dry crackers and warm water, you spotted a small building up ahead. It was small and rundown, with peeling paint and a rusty sign that read "Last Chance Cafe."

"Looks like we found our stop," you said, pointing to the building.

Meesey pulled the van up to the front of the cafe, and you both stepped out into the blazing sun. The heat was almost unbearable, but the thought of a cold drink and a hot meal spurred you on. As you pushed open the door, a bell tinkled overhead, announcing your arrival. The inside of the cafe was dim and dusty, with a few scattered tables and chairs. A lone figure sat at the counter, nursing a cup of coffee.

The person looked up as you approached, and you saw that it was an older woman with kind eyes and a warm smile. "Well, hello there!" she said, her voice raspy from years of smoking. "What can I get for you folks?"

You ordered a sandwich and a glass of water, and Meesey requested a cup of coffee. As you waited for your food, you struck up a conversation with the woman, who introduced herself as Lorraine. She told you about the town that was a few miles back, and how the cafe had been struggling since the highway was built and took all the traffic away. As you ate your sandwich and drank your water, you couldn't help but feel grateful for the small moment of rest and human connection in the middle of your adventure.

"Hey is that your van outside?" You heard Lorraine ask you as she dried off a glass with an old cloth, you follow her line of site and see a few teenage boys on dirt bikes hitting the side of your old dusty van with metal rods and tossing rocks at your windows.

You feel a pang of anger and fear as you see the boys damaging your van. Without thinking, you rush out of the cafe and towards the boys, Meesey following closely behind you. "Hey! What are you doing? Stop that!" you shout, hoping to scare them off.

The boys turn towards you with smirks on their faces. "What's it to you, old lady?" one of them sneers.

You clench your fists, feeling the anger boiling inside you. But before you can say or do anything, Meesey steps forward, towering over the boys with his imposing height. "You will stop that at once," he says, his voice low and threatening.

The boys shrink back at the sight of Meesey, their confidence faltering. You feel relieved to have him by your side, knowing that he is fiercely protective of you. One of the boys speaks up, "Sorry, we didn't know it was your van. We were just messing around."

You eye them suspiciously, still feeling angry and violated. "Why were you messing around with someone else's property?" you ask, crossing your arms. The boys shuffle their feet uncomfortably, their earlier bravado now replaced with sheepishness. "We were bored," another one mumbles.

Meesey steps forward again, looming over them. "That's not an excuse to damage someone else's property. You will apologize and offer to pay for any damages."

The boys exchange nervous glances, realizing they are in a difficult position. After a moment of silence, one of them speaks up. "Okay, we'll apologize and pay for the damages. Can we go now?"

Meesey looks at them sternly. "You can go, but I'll need your names and contact information so we can follow up with you about the damages."

The boys reluctantly give their names and phone numbers, still looking intimidated by Meesey's imposing presence. You feel grateful to have him by your side, knowing that without him, the situation could have escalated into something much worse.

As the boys ride away on their dirt bikes, Meesey turns to you. "Are you okay?" he asks, his expression softening.

You let out a breath that you didn't realize you were holding, and turn to Meesey with gratitude in your eyes. without another thought you run up and embrace Meesey. "Thank you, Meesey. I don't know what I would do without you," you say, feeling a new wave of appreciation for your unusual companion.

Meesey wraps his arms around you, holding you close. "I'll always be here for you," he says, his voice warm and reassuring. You feel a sense of comfort in his embrace, knowing that he will always be there to protect you.

As you pull away, you notice that a few of the cafe patrons have stepped outside to see what was happening. Lorraine is among them, her expression one of concern. "Is everything alright?" she asks, looking between you and Meesey.

You nod, feeling a little embarrassed about the scene you just caused. "Yes, everything's fine now. The boys apologized and promised to pay for the damages."

Lorraine nods, still looking a little shaken. "I'm glad you're okay. Those boys have been causing trouble around here for a while now. It's good that someone finally stood up to them."

You smile at her, feeling a sense of pride in what you and Meesey just accomplished. "Yeah, it feels good to take a stand. And I couldn't have done it without Meesey," you say, placing a hand on his arm.

Meesey smiles back at you, his eyes filled with warmth. "I'll always have your back," he says, before the two of you head back into the cafe, ready to move on from the incident and enjoy the rest of your day.

After enjoying a wonderful lunch followed by great company thanks to Lorraine you and Meesey get back into your now dirty and dented van, you look on at the damage and sigh.

Meesey notices your distress and puts a comforting hand on your shoulder. "It's just a little damage. We'll get it fixed," he says, trying to cheer you up.

You smile at him, grateful for his positive outlook. "Thanks, Meesey. You always know just what to say to make me feel better."

Meesey chuckles. "Well, that's what friends are for, right?" he says, giving your shoulder a gentle squeeze.

As you start up the van and head back onto the road, you can't help but steal glances at Meesey while he drives your rigidity truck . He's been there for you through thick and thin, and you know that you wouldn't have made it this far without him. The two of you continue on your journey, with the sun shining down on you and the wind blowing through your hair. Despite the damage to your van, you feel a sense of freedom and adventure that comes with being on the road, and you know that there are many more adventures to come with Meesey by your side.

After a couple more hours of driving it what seemed straight desert you finally start to see signs of life, large conifer trees and large bounders followed by a large bridge going over what seemed like the ocean leading to a large city. Part of you wondered if this might be the end of your journey, would the rare book store have the copy you were looking for?

"Meesey?" You say out of the blue getting the creatures attentions, "What happens when you, Y'know, complete your task?" For the first time you saw his expression change to something other then happiness but he tried his best to hold his composure before answering you somberly. "Well," He says with a sigh, "Once my task is done, i stop existing." Your heart sinks at Meesey's words, and you feel a lump form in your throat. You knew that Meesey was on a mission, but the thought of losing him was something you couldn't bear.

"Meesey, I had no idea," you say, your voice trembling. "Is there anything we can do? Any way we can change things?"

Meesey shakes his head sadly. "No, I'm afraid not. My existence is tied to this task, and once it's completed, I will cease to be."

You feel tears prick at the corners of your eyes, and you quickly wipe them away. "I don't know what to say, Meesey. I don't want to lose you."

Meesey looks over at you, his eyes filled with compassion. "I know it's hard, but we have to make the most of the time we have together. And who knows, maybe there's more to this than we realize. Maybe there's something waiting for me on the other side."

You nod, trying to hold back your emotions. "You're right. We'll make the most of the time we have left."

With a heavy heart, you continue on your journey towards the city, unsure of what the future holds for you and Meesey. A heavy silence had fallen over you both but one thing's for sure, you will cherish every moment you have with him, and make the most of the time you have left together. As you venture farther into this large city the tall buildings seem to swallow you while the sea of cars grows around you. Finally you make it to a string of stores where the infamous 'rare book store' lay. Some part of you knew that this might be the end of everything but you couldn't let yourself be selfish now, enjoy the time you have with him you try to remind yourself.

"Are you ready?" Meesey ask after pulling into a parking spot and putting the car into park, he could see the fear in your eyes but when his mitten came to rest on your arm he could see you relax a bit. Taking a deep breath, you nod at Meesey. "Yes, I'm ready. Let's go find that book."

You step out of the van and walk towards the entrance of the store, feeling a mix of excitement and anxiety. The store is small and cluttered, but you can tell immediately that it's filled with rare and valuable books. You approach the counter and a middle-aged man with a thinning hairline greets you with a smile.

"Welcome to our store. Is there something specific you're looking for?" he asks. You take a deep breath and explain the book you're searching for. The man nods, seemingly impressed by your knowledge of rare books, and leads you to a section of the store where the book might be located.

You search through the shelves, your heart pounding with anticipation. Finally, your eyes fall upon the book, sitting on the top shelf. You can feel the old worn canvas of the hard cover under your fingers and it causes tears to come to your eyes, Meesey had started his search on the other end of the store and hadn't noticed your discovery. You stood there for a moment debating what you should do, on one hand you'd been looking for this book for what seemed like months. You open the front cover seeing the message written in red ink that seemed to have some water damage.

To (Y/n), my unbelievably talented and smart child. May you find your purpose in life and thrive like a rose in a garden.

Your fingers ran gingerly over the old tattered paper, your father had been your only friend for so long. You feel a lump form in your throat as memories of your father flood your mind. You had always felt alone after he passed away, but somehow, finding this book feels like a connection to him. You turn to look at Meesey still busying himself with looking for the book, You suddenly realized what all this was for. Your journey hadn't begun because you were running away from your problems, you had felt as if you'd lost your only friend the day your father died and you were desperately looking for some way to get him back. Standing here now though you realize that what you were looking for hadn't been lost at all. Putting the book away back on the shelf you call out to Meesey that you hadn't found anything sending him out to the van to ready for your departure, in the meantime you bring the book to the counter paying a pretty penny for it before leaving.

You managed to sneak it into the van and under the mattress of your bed before slipping back into the passenger seat. "I'm sorry we didn't find your book." Meesey says with a sigh closing the door and starts to pull out of the parking lot.

"Its ok, What do you say we go into the mountains for tonight? There has to be a nice view point of the city from there huh?"

Meesey looks at you surprised, but then nods his head, "Sure, that sounds like a great idea." He adjusts the GPS on the dashboard and soon you're on your way, leaving the city behind. As you drive towards the mountains, you can feel the tension and stress from your previous search start to fade away.

The scenery becomes more and more beautiful as you climb higher and higher, and soon you find yourself at the top of a hill with a breathtaking view of the city below. The sun is starting to set, casting a warm orange glow across the landscape.

You and Meesey sit in silence for a while, just enjoying the view and each other's company. Eventually, you turn to Meesey and say, "Thank you for coming on this journey with me. I know it was a bit crazy and all over the place, but I really appreciate your help."

Meesey smiles at you, "Of course, (Y/n). I'm always here for you, no matter what. Again i'm sorry we couldn't find what you were looking for." You bite on your lip guiltily the weight of the book hidden under your mattress beginning to weigh on your conscious.

"Do you know what happens? When you cease to exists?" Meesey looks at you with concern in his eyes, "What do you mean, (Y/n)? Are you okay?"

You take a deep breath and try to explain, "I mean, what happens when we die? Do we just disappear, or is there something else out there?"

Meesey's expression softens and he puts a comforting hand on your shoulder, "I don't know for sure, but I like to believe that there's something more out there. Maybe we become energy or our souls go to some kind of afterlife. It's hard to say, but I don't think we just cease to exist."

You nod, feeling a sense of comfort in Meesey's words. You sit there with him for a while longer, watching as the sun sets behind the city and the stars begin to appear in the night sky.

As the night grows darker, you both crawl into the back of the van and lay down on the mattress. You reach under the bed and pull out the book, opening it up to the first page.Meesey glances over at you, "What's that?"

You take a deep breath and hold up the book, "It's the book my father gave me before he passed away. the one weve been searching for, but I found it earlier today." Meesey looks down at the book and back at you, you'd never seen him wear the expression he was wearing now and you could tell he wasn't happy about you keeping it a secret from him

"That's great, (Y/n) but why didn't you tell me?" He seemed hurt and rightfully so, you'd brought him into existence to help you find what you'd found earlier today but now that you were sitting here you'd give up the book in a heartbeat all over again for even another day to spend with Meesey.

"I'm sorry, Meesey," you say, feeling guilty. "I didn't think we would find it And then when I did find it, I guess I just wanted to keep you here with me. I can't imagine what i'd do without you, what will i do when you are gone?" You began to cry feeling the overflow of sadness knowing soon your friend would be nothing but a memory of the times you'd shared together. You feel Meeseys Mittens come to rest on your arms making you look up and into his gaze.

"I'll always be with you, (Y/n). Even if I'm not physically here, my memory and the moments we shared will live on. And who knows, maybe there's something more after we're gone. Maybe we'll see each other again in another life or in some kind of afterlife. But until then, we have each other and the memories we've made together."

You nod, feeling grateful for Meesey's words. You take a deep breath and wipe away your tears, feeling a sense of peace wash over you. You look back down at the book in your hands and smile, feeling a sense of closure.

"I'm glad we found this book, Meesey. I think it will help me find the answers I've been searching for." He nods smiling at you again, you know now what must come next. You hesitantly slide the book into his hands not letting go of it immediately, finally you take a deep breathe letting him grip it in his mits and turn it over in his hands examining it.

"At the garden, the little prince realizes that, even though his rose is not a unique type of flower, she is unique to him because he has cared for her and loved her." You hear him say, you can hear his voice crack from emotion but you smile through the tears, "He tells the roses that his rose is like the fox. He has tamed her and cared for her, and now in his eyes she is the only rose. The prince then returns to say good-bye to the fox."

You finish the quote and you both embrace one another, you swear you can hear him sniffle but don't dare let him go long enough to look. "This has been the best adventure of my life." He says tightening his grip. He looked at his friend, perhaps for the last time, and said what he had always known, since the day he popped into existence in the back of this very van. "I love you."

You felt a small kiss be placed on your cheek but before you could meet his eyes again a poof of blue smoke makes you cough and swing open the back doors of your van. The tears that streamed from your cheeks weren't from the coughing or the smoke but from the brokenness of your heart at the realization that your friend Meesey was now gone, crossed over to whatever lie ahead for him and his journey.

The realization that he was really gone hit you hard, and you felt a deep sense of loss and emptiness. You wondered how you would ever be able to continue on without him by your side.

But then you remember Meesey's words, that he would always be with you in your memories and the moments you shared. You knew that he was right, and that you would carry him with you always, in your heart.

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes, trying to find some peace amidst the pain. When you opened them again, you saw something that made your heart leap - a single red rose growing from the ground in front of you.

You knew instantly that it was a sign from Meesey, a way for him to let you know that he was still with you, watching over you from wherever he was. You picked the rose from its place in the dirt and held it tightly in your hand, feeling a sense of comfort and warmth wash over you.

You knew that Meesey would want you to keep going, to continue on with your life and find happiness and joy even in his absence. And so, with a heavy heart but a newfound sense of strength, you stepped forward into the unknown, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing that Meesey would always be there with you, in spirit.

Before you leave you take the Mr. Meeseeks box from your van and sit it on the bench that watched over the city atop the tall hill, maybe someone else would find this here and find the same friendship you had. You climb into your Van pulling out of the dirt path leaving the box and the city behind to return home.