• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

No Leaf Clover (Black Clover SI)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

A Black Clover Self Insert.
Generic SI New

Polarice

Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Prologue​

It has been days. He felt it. He cannot see the future of him winning.

He didn't expect all of it. Everything had vanished in his sight. The rivers he had used to marvel at, were gone. Plains he adored whenever he traveled with his niece to feel the fresh air breezing through their bodies when they felt stressed about much paperwork, is in fact, burned. No. Burned was the wrong word here. It's just, nothing. Nothing. Really. His messy blonde hair rustled in the open, soaked with blood. He gazed at the person standing, levitating atop the skies. The shrouded-looking figure chuckled at him. With indifferent pink eyes. He had hoped that things didn't go this way, that he just tried harder when he was on duty back then.

They're gone. Dead. Including all of the most powerful men in four kingdoms. Against the might of this figure. Even he, the twenty-eighth Wizard Emperor of the Kingdom, cannot stop him. All he could remember is the blinding light that shrouded everything, and boom, they lost.

He stood up once again patting his numbed legs, telling them to get up they had to. He isn't just some kind of magic knight in their service. His name is Julius Novachrono. Protector of this realm. Protector of peace and stability. Protector of the weak. How can he call himself the most honorable person in the kingdom in this pathetic state of his?

Then the figure snickered at him.

"Oh, you're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right into me?"

He's surely talkative, huh? The great wizard thought. "If I run away, how could I call myself the Shield of the Kingdom?"

"Oh yeah – yeah, here we go again. That's a quite different take from when I destroyed the demon realm a while ago."

Julius could only bite his lips. The retort was improbable. He couldn't after his captains got toyed by him one by one. Jack the Ripper, who's simply good at mid and close-range got decimated in seconds. His Blades were absorbed by the black liquid surrounding him. Rill, the monster kid – whose nearly infinite amount of mana reserves got drained. Charlotte, another monster of talent down, her vines were burned and burned all over again. All of them were bodied by this lass. Even Mereoleona, Yami, and Vangeance. They lost and got played with.

This is an impossible feat coming from a human.

"I wish we fought a bit earlier when I was a tad bit weaker."

He mocked him again. Julius' body blurred. He appeared behind the figure. Against an enigma like this, he cannot afford to show hesitation. Channeling his mana in his body. Using his Time magic offense he freezes the figure, encapsulating the figure.

Chrono stasis
Chrono stasis
Chrono stasis
Chrono stasis

The figure smirked as bolts of lightning arose in his body. Their eyes met, and the other – who's disabled. Smiled. A moment later on, the seal was shattered. Julius's attempts to halt the pink-eyed boy's movements were canceled one by one.

Anti Maho?

The figure then. Who calls himself Ghost appeared and blinked in front of him. "Boom!"

Julius had no idea how the future would fare. He used to always be one step ahead, of every foe, every predicament, burden. With all of his might, he had never violated like this. The exchange of attacks only seemed to be taking five seconds of them – but in closer perspective, he's already moving faster than the speed of light. While the other also, is.

He felt they were fighting forever. He's wrong. He knew. It's only been around four days, five hours, and fifty-six minutes since they confronted this monster.

The wizard king, unfazed by this, dodged, reacting by creating ten, twenty – thirty – forty meters distance away from the ghost, and finally opened his grimoire. A large book spread out fifty feet above the skies. Enclosing. Dwarfing nearly everything around the proximity. The once dark environment began to light. The once-shrouded figure's face began to show. Onyx hair tied into a long ponytail – his face was young. A bit older than he looked when they last met. Pink irises enlightened by the glowing Grimoire.

The figure whom he calls himself Ghost levitated and matched his altitude. His once chuckling, mocking face changed. His eyebrows tightened looking at his abnormally large Grimoire. Now face to face with each other. Julius is willing. To use. Sacrifice his strength. His Lifespan. His powers.

"Now, it comes into this. Wizard King, I respect you," The figure muttered. "Accept my full power blow."

He showed respect. He does? He did. Julius Novachrono cannot comprehend. After all this meaningless madness. This means less end for the life of common people – trying to live their own lives. Trying to survive in this endless cycle of futility and cruelty of fate. And this boy showed respect? He couldn't understand.

"Enough of this!"

Time Magic – Reverse Chrono Anastasis!

His grimoire flipped. Making powerful blows of air, as the intense globe of magic enclosed everything.

The pink-eyed figure opened his grimoire for the first time. He saw it. In a matter of milliseconds. He cast the spell.

Truth magic – Rapture.

And the world went white.

Thirty months previous

Change is hard, it's fascinating, and it's sometimes necessary for growth. Marcus Joshua had always believed that changes could be uncomfortable and hard. In the shallow part of his memories, he hopped on various schools due to their financial struggles. The reason he had fewer friends on average, or what they call – anti-social.

He sighed. Standing in front of the mirror, the boy started straightening his messy obsidian hair. The comb had a bit of a pointy edge. His bubblegum pink eyes twitched. It felt weird to know that, yesterday, Marcus was having a conversation with Dr. Freeman regarding the alarming Tetanus he might have had. Then, found himself lying on the floor, the doctor grabbed onto his clothes, and frantically called him by his name.

If counted correctly. That event happened three weeks ago. He found himself in a new body named Abiel: the one and only son of Soran the Chef. Abiel had to work to maintain the cleanliness of their restaurant – Soranon Fried. His brow twitched. The boy was a goddamned fifteen-year-old, but he guessed that it might be fair, knowing that this plane of existence could be considered far from his former one. Soranon Fried is located in the North-East part of Kiten—the reason why the customers were always non-existent.

Kiten was located in the Clover Kingdom, that very kingdom in the goddamned Black-Clover!

"Are you still not up?"

"Yes." He answered. "Just give me some time!" This shitty old man. I woke up this early so I could practice –

Mana. A form of energy that exists in nature and within people, and also devils. In the Clover world, Elves were the most loved by Mana. Abiel must know the logic and principles behind it, maybe not now. It was not explained in the manga but he's planning on working on it to maximize his power.

He breathed in. A Tingly sensation ran through his body. He shut his eyes. Appreciating the sensation. Treating it as part of his five senses. Treating it as part of his organ, his body. There he stood, in the vastness of space. He couldn't see anything inside this realm, except a small globe of light hovering above. It must be his core. His Mana Core contains all the Mana. He gradually circulated the core.

He exhaled and opened his eyes. Abiel opened his palm. A pitch-black matter emerged, it floated and grew its size forming a small fork. He held it and analyzed the fork.

"Void Magic."

He has yet to have his grimoire but he claimed that it has to be Void Magic, not Dark Magic. His magic was part of him, part of his soul, and body. Abiel concluded that Dark Magic had different properties. Darkness means the lack of light. Our Sun produced light on Earth, it made most of the things visible to the naked eye. If a bulb in a room was switched off, we could still have the table, the desk, and the things inside.

On the other hand, Void means empty. It has nothing. There's no light, no air, no cheating ex-wife, no shit and giggles. Practically, and fascinatingly empty. One thing he had also noted during his stay, was Void Magic can absorb and create a vacuum to absorb the things that contained mana around a 5m radius.

"BRAT – YOU'RE ALREADY TAKING FOREVER!" A deep voice spat. "I NEED HELP – CUSTOMERS!"

Customers? Strange. Abiel could not bring himself to believe that their small restaurant would be handling a worrying amount, his father could not handle alone. He sighed. This was good. He never planned to be a Magic Knight anyway, he prefers to handle the business instead of dying for the country.

A black clover story, you've caught my interest. I think there's only ever been one black clover fic on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back