• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Not receiving any alerts

JustIgnoreMe

Getting sticky.
So for a little under a week now, my account has not been properly receiving alerts. When a thread updates, I won't get an alert like I usually do, I've tried a few things, like resetting my preferences to default, unwatching and rewatching threads, and I've used the Contact Us thing at the bottom of the page, but it's been a week and I've not heard back from them, so maybe that's not what's that's for.

Anyone got any advise on how to fix this issue? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

To narrow down the issue I want to check a few things.

Are your alerts set to email you or just show on the website?

For not getting alerts, is it all or only some alerts that don't work? Specifically, alerts for OP threadmarking a post, a person making a new post, someone quoting one of your posts, someone mentioning your name in a post, someone liking your post. Testing each of these different alerts will give important information about the problem.

If you aren't getting threadmark alerts I want you to check something. In the menu list there is an option for "New Threadmarks" if you go there does it show the threadmarks you would normally get alerts for?

Are your alerts set to email you or just show on the website?

Just on the website

For not getting alerts, is it all or only some alerts that don't work?

Specifically, I only seem to have issues with OP threadmarking a post.

does it show the threadmarks you would normally get alerts for?

Yes it shows all the updates that I would normally get.

Yes it shows all the updates that I would normally get.
Awesome, that rules out a lot of terrible problems.

Instead of looking at the alert summary popup, if you go to the full alert page do the threadmarks show?

And double checking, in Preferences are both "Thread Starter replies always alerts" and "The thread starter replies to a watched thread" checked?

Instead of looking at the alert summary popup, if you go to the full alert page do the threadmarks show?

It's honestly a bit hard to tell, but it looks like like the full alert page has everything.

And double checking, in Preferences are both "Thread Starter replies always alerts"and "The thread starter replies to a watched thread" checked?

No to the first, yes to the second. Just went ahead and checked it so "Thread Starter replies always alerts" should trigger now. Think that'll fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back