1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

One Positive Change at a Time (ASOIAF: Viserys SI) Dead.

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Flightless Man, Oct 12, 2021.

?

Future wife (need time to shape things in the chosen direction)

Poll closed Nov 5, 2021.
  1. Brienne of Tarth

47 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Arianne Martell

158 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. Margery Tyrell

184 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Asha Greyjoy

64 vote(s)
    16.5%
  5. Ygritte

47 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Sarella Sand

22 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Nymeria Sand

31 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Tyene Sand

15 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Mya Stone

44 vote(s)
    11.4%
  10. Rhaenys Martell

135 vote(s)
    34.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

I read one where Cannibal was on Skagos, but he's too old to actually still be alive now in this fic. I looked at everywhere volcanic and it's Winterfell, Hellholt/Red mt's, Dragonstone, Skagos, Frostfang Mts. I thought it would be ironic to send the dragons to skagos instead of find them.
    Unicorns I have seen be shaggy goats and wooly rhinos. I have a different idea that still comes from Earth nature.

Hightowers swore an oath to spy on the surface in exchange for shipwrecked goods. They took the goods to castamare and stopped giving the info. Tywin has the Golden Company to teach a lesson to.

Cersei and Tywin are going to be seeing threats everywhere after this rebellion.

ATP likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: Epilogue: Where Do We Go From Here
    Flightless Man

Epilogue: Where Do We Go From Here
    Tyrion Lannister

“You’re really leaving?” I hoped he was only bluffing but he doesn’t even intend to free Tygett with me.

“You don’t need me anymore,” Gerion growls with disappointment as his small fleet is prepared. “And I refuse to be witness as my family compete for the greatest atrocity of the war.”

“It’s no contest.” Barks Gregor with an impressed look at my brother. “Only one of them cut a babe from his own wife and then kicked her into the sea along with her entire family. Even made me think I need to try harder, Lannisters keep raising the bar.”

The ‘Darkstar shakes his head and disagrees confidently. “It was the most brutal I admit but Tywin boiled the Golden Companies generals in molten gold. That man knows how to intimidate with style.”

“He just stole their banner for his idea. No creativity at all.” I’m going to show them all how to really make Ironborn beg for mercy.

“No one will remember before too long, the Golden Company is over.” Counters Gerold with a cocky smirk. “Your father didn’t even spare a thousand for the Wall and half of them are crippled for life.”

I’m not going to lose any sleep over some foreign invaders. “They should have surrendered faster.”

“They did try.” Father as finally arrived with Jaime, ready to see his least favorite brother off on his voyage for glory. “I pretended not to notice. The screaming made the rest break even faster.” I’ll need to remember that.

He snarls at Gerion who only rolls his eyes. “You are to return with proof of Euron Greyjoy’s defeat, do not entertain any foolishness of stealing my new fleet.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it. Only one of these ships is mine and the ‘Golden Joy’ will not be returning with your fleet.” The smirk on Gerion’s face is a cover for the disgust in his eyes and I try not to let it affect me. It’s easy to smile when you like like that dear Uncle.

“As long as we understand each Gerion…” Father stares hard at Gerion who doesn’t flinch. “I wish you good fortune.”

My uncle sighs heavily and pulls my stiff backed brother into a loose hug. “And I you Tywin, even though you don’t seem to need it.”

Off with Prince Renly for his wedding, Father has been forced to leave the Ironborn conquest to me. My dear Cersei and her husband’s coronation will held only a few days after the wedding. Gerion’s position isn’t going to be given to me like I had once believed and I really need to prove myself with a decisive victory.

I’m not sure if my sister convinced Stannis I should lose Dragonstone or it’s all his own punishment. Whichever one came up with the idea it seems Father is to become the Hand. Some risen lord named Seaworth is to become Master of Ships in my place and Jaime gets to keep being the acting Lord of the Rock. Even though he’s the first one to ever lose it in our families history.

Really do need to make friends with Prince Renly once I’m done with the Isles. I’m pretty sure even I can buy a friend with one of the Ironborn’s fancy Valyrian steel blades.

Red Rain, Nightfall, The Castrater, and even Septa-Splitter, are all swords held by known houses. I’ve sent someone trusted after each one with the promise of a lordship in the Stepstones and since Prince Rrenly has that massive silver ax… I’ll just need to make sure he gets the two handed one from House Wynch.

Viserys Ashtar
    The renamed ‘Celebration’ cruises West over the sparkling blue ocean to the merry chorus of my crews singing. As soon as Thoros catches on he takes the lead in making every verse as dirty as possible, leaving me time alone with my growing dread.

As soon as we get back… I don’t get to have fun anymore. I’ll have to deal with what I’ve been trying to repress. Not really looking forward to confronting Cersei when we get back to Storm’s End.

“Don’t know how I’m going to explain you either.” Coppernicus lets out a noise halfway between a purr and squeal. “You’re going to be a big boy.” A cloud of smoke rises up around me and leaves me coated in soot for the ninth time since I’ve woken up today.

My dragon may not be a fire breather but the magma seems to be what gave him his element. Makes sense I’d end up with a stone dragon. The spiked bony mass at the tail reminds me of an ankylosaurus and the horns seem a lot more durable than Drogon’s. You could probably gore another dragon with those babies.

“You’re already heavier than I can comfortably carry and you’re barely two weeks old…” Even his scales seem thicker and capable of taking more damage. “Wonder how low it’ll be before you can piggyback me?”

“Viserys!” Roars Arnold from the crows nest. “We got Westorosi ships incoming, fifteen of them all flying Lannister flags!”

Great… what do I do now? “Barristan take charge and tell them I died finding the cure, so you don’t have to tell them how it happened.”

“We don’t know though, ya damn wizard!” Snorts Spitlick as I head below deck with the freed slaves.

“You can let them investigate the ship butt only let the ones in charge down to see me.” Secrets are easier to keep with less involved and I only have seven unclaimed pieces of Valyrian steel left. I need to start being wiser with my wealth.

Waiting is a tense forty minutes as I wait for a gangplank to slam down on the Celebration. Muffled voices above me going back and forth between the men.

Soon the door creaks open and Barristan leads only a single man down the stairs. “No wonder Tyrion and Jaime do nothing but sing your praises when your name is mentioned. Is their anything you can’t damn well do?”

“Can’t fly…” Gerion Lannister raises a single eyebrow and glances down at the copper colored dragon wrapped around my ankle. “Yet.” I remember what’s strapped to my waist and grin as I realize I can save two birds with one sword. “I have something you might like. Tell your brother I’m sorry it took so long but I remembered he wanted his sword back.”

I toss Gerion the sheathed long sword and smirk when he nearly drops it. “Is this…”

“Ice? Yeah I know Tywin wanted a Valyrian steel blade and I finally found one.” My smirk grows when the charming Lannister’s face shifts into confusion. “Was hard stealing it from the Starks while I was in Valyria but I can do anything. May want to melt it down into two swords though so Lord Stark doesn’t come after your family.”

“… Um.” His face goes through nine distinct variations of confusion before I can’t hold in my grin any longer.

“Of course it’s Brightroar, I’m not really a wizard…” I scowl at Barristan who just smirks back. “No matter what anyone on this ship says.”

Gerion blinks a few times as he gets the joke and a relieved grin spreads across his face. “You went into Valyria and cured Greyscale around the world. I’d believe anything you told me right now.”

“I died and came back to life.” I laugh much faster this time so Barristan doesn’t get any right ideas about my adventure. “I also figured out how to make Valyrian steel.” That should convince Barristan I’m just screwing around.

“You did?” The Lannister’s bravado is gone and he looks like an awestruck child. “How?”

“Jumping in a volcano only keeps a Valyrian dead if we stay in the lava…” Oh I needed this. “It’s like how the Ironborn have that whole drowning ritual. No big deal.”

Gerion blinks rapidly again and even Barristan gives me a concerned gaze. “I meant how do you make Valyrian steel.” Of course he wants to know, that’s the only reason anyone ever chanced the Doom.

I’m increasing Westeros total supply by ten percent, I can make up whatever I want. “Tell you what. You bring any of my crew home who want to go and I give you Brightroar. You come find me in…” I try to think fast and smile. “The Summer Isles and I’ll tell you what I know about the secret.”

He frowns and shakes his head no. “I’m after Euron Greyjoy, can’t deviate my course I’m afraid.”

“You don’t recognize his ship?” My smirks makes Gerion just closes his eyes and sigh.

“Deal.” He grasps my arm and shakes it eagerly. “Probably be awkward if you showed up now. With Renly marrying Arianne Martell and everything.”

Well if I hadn’t already been convinced I have nothing left in Westeros, that would have done it. He’ll treat her well and she’ll be understanding. I’ll only make things hard on everyone if I go back now.

Garlan Tyrell
    “Balon, Aeron, and Rodrik Greyjoy have all been slain and your last surviving brother Theon is to be sent to the Wall.” I read the words outloud and hear Asha hiss across the desk. “While the Drumm’s Harlaws, Wynchs, Humbles, and Netleys, have all been put to the sword.”

“What is to happen to me?” Her voice is low and her fingers begin tapping against the cherry wood covered in rose carvings.

“The Iron Isles are being split between the Westerlands and Riverlands in recompense for the war. While you seem to have been forgotten.” Or the crown just doesn’t think you can rally your people

“Guess I should be grateful.” Asha’s eyes roam across my body and I feel my entire body go pink. “My cage is at least a pretty one… good with his hands too.” Her words make me blush an even darker shade, while he foot on my calf turns me red. “Though you’re a horrible kisser. We need to practice that some more.”

I need to say something before I lose the will to make the right choice for once. “Is this actually what you want? Being my wife I mean.” I add when her face only shows confusion. “I’ll give you a ship and tell everyone you threw yourself from the tower. You can go wherever you want and I wont come looking for you.”

“Am I that ugly?” My wife’s expression becomes far more offended than I had expected. “Or is it me who’s bad with her hands? I have a few more tricks I was saving for when I was mean to your siblings but I can try some of them tonight.”

“That sounds incredible but I don’t want you to be stuck with me against your will.” I shrug awkwardly and know my smile is less than charming at the moment. “But this is the only time I’m making this offer. I’m fond of you and will not have the strength to give you up in a few days.”

She nods in understanding and gives me a genuine smile that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. “Well I’ll just have to keep you distracted until then. Tarly can handle things for a few days and you know he’d think it a great honor.”

Daemon Blackfyre
    “We need to go, now!” Father roars through the manse as Ser Arthur bring our hostages to him. “The Braavosi have been alerted to who exactly transported the Golden Company and the Magisters are selling us out!”

Our servants bring the emergency chests out to to the stables and I realize how bad this is when he starts speaking about the Dothraki being our only hope. You really are the bad guy Father… aren’t you?

After I denied Quentyn and Rhaenys’ claims of being kidnapped, I had to confront Father so he could set things straight. I didn’t expect him to say I was old enough to finally know the real plan and Rhaenys may need to be traded for an army. So I could claim the throne!

I’ve spent years thinking I was supposed to mend the rift in our family but it was all a lie. You’re just using my friends… even me I bet.

“Grab the chest in my solar, you know which one.” Father is carrying off a chest of jewels and I react before thinking about it. Panic over the coming danger spurs me to action and I dash away.

Everything goes by in a blur I can barely remember. We’re bustled into the sturdy carriage for trips to the vineyards and a score of guards is all we can horse. A second carriage holding the wealth Father managed to have carried out and a dozen servants who must be cramped.

The hours we spend riding in silence East are filled with tension and it takes the whole time for my nerves to calm. When I do, Quentyn is giving me a hard stare with clear intent of escape.

When we stop to rest the horses, Father climbs right back into the litter after he relieves himself. “Do it.” I give my consent when the Martell boy grabs a flaming branch from the camp fire.

I can’t be a part of the things you have done anymore Father, you used Greyscale as a weapon. Whatever other horrors you have planned will never see the light of day.

Rhaenys shoves a sheathed sword through the carriage’s handles as Quentyn ignites the carriage. The oil paint ignites almost instantly and creates a roaring inferno. Father screams and I blanch when his voice is joined by Ser Arthur’s.

Quentyn stabs through the door when someone slams into it and the Dayne knight screams in agony. The sword comes out gleaming red and is thrust back into the flaming carriage to cause a second yell.

While I stand paralyzed in shock, Rhaenys starts throwing vials of perfume onto the carriage. “Mother made sure I knew what a woman’s weapons are and this one is my favorite!”

I’m to late in warning her as she opens a second chest. Inside is vials of glowing green liquid and I realize they aren’t perfume only after she hurls two of them.

Arianne Martell
    When Father handed me off to Renly last night, it was fine. No elation in my heart but a firm resolve to keep my babe away from the throne. It’s all Viserys wanted for himself and I’ll make sure our child gets all the time on a beach she wants.

We had no need of a bedding ceremony once my pregnancy was ‘leaked’ but I have pride in my body. No way I was going to pass up the only socially acceptable chance I’d have to show it off.

Cersei has been freakishly nice since I started showing signs of my pregnancy… she must not feel like she has any rivals now and can let down her guard a bit as Queen. Can’t really think of any other reasons she’d suddenly become so kind to me.

Looking after Aegon is an incredible surprise after thinking he was lost. Elia will be staying to give Renly and I a hand and I don’t even mind having Mya Baratheon in the mix.. She’s only a few years younger than I am... I’m going to have so much fun teaching her and Brienne how to be confident maidens.

Excited shouting brings me out into the courtyard to a confusing sight. Is that Ser Barristan? Hope stirs in my chest as I scan the crowd of people who are also miraculously cured like everyone else in Westeros.

“Princess Arianne. Viserys isn’t coming back.” Barristan sees me and his eyes go misty before he bows. “We learned many things in the Doom of Valyria. How to hatch dragons in the right conditions and how to cure Shalescale, though at the cost of his life.” Of course that was the cost and he wouldn’t let anyone else pay it for him.

“A King is the servant of the people and Viserys knew that better than most.” King Stannis acknowledges and I’m shocked to see a single wet line on his face. “I will lead by his example and make sure to keep the ‘crazy’ away.”

“Ha!” Gasps Renly in shock as he stares at his older brother in shock. “You’re still making jokes?”

Smirking at my husband, the newly crowned King nods firmly. “Well after everything you’ve done, I know you’re more than smart enough to understand them all. You even secured your own beneficial match all on your own, I’m very proud of you Renly.”

“I uh… never thought I would ever hear you say that Stannis.” With pink cheeks Renly grins at his not actually very scowly brother.

“Never thought I’d say it.” Stannis counters with a faint smile on his thin lips.

Cersei seems to have noticed something the rest of us haven’t. “You say he learned how to hatch dragons? He gave two eggs to Renly, that must be a sign one is for him and one for Stannis.” I consider the child Renly will be claiming as his and consider it might not be so far fetched.

Wait… Is that why Cersei is being so nice to me? I take a closer look at Orys in her arms and focus on the indigo eyes.

When the sun briefly hits the boys face, his eyes shimmer violet for just a second. Oh my… this is big.

Notes: Thank you all for reading book 1. I have had an amazing time on this voyage with you all. I will be taking a day or two off before I start writing book 2. It will have a time skip of a few years so we can age some kids up.

Not sure if I should make a new thread or add book two/three/maybe four, to this one.

3. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

This has been a TRIP. And where one book in still. What a blast.

As for threads, just add book one - finale or something to this chapter and continue on. Would be saddening if you lost even one of your readers to the thread change.

Flightless Man likes this.
  4. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

LMAO, Cersei's really straight up going "we're dragonrider sisters yaaas". Also, damn, Tyrion's really become his father in miniature.

Vis is getting that beachside vacation he wanted in the summer islands, but now has to come up with some bullshit explenation for how to make valyrian steel... fuck. I mean, it's got damascus patterning maybe just feed your dragon some carbon and iron and forge the resulting poop with dragon fire? Like the the pidgeon poop method for getting nitrogen into steel.

5. Flightless Man

Wait until she starts asking if Arianne thought Quentyn was cute, had any childhood prophecies, had a childhood friend die mysteriously. You know bonding over what Cersei would think are normal bonding things.

He's earned his beach.
    My version:
    Deep sea vent forging. Not saying anything else unless someone PM's and keeps it a secret. Not sure If I'm revealing it or not in fic, so it's only theoretical atm.

I learned why ASOIAF became so many books. 3 has become 4 in my notes and I'm worried 5 may be coming. I'll keep in same thread for everyone's ease.

ATP likes this.
  6. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Actually, given the 14 volcanos in Valyria, might have been straight up using pressurized magma somehow? Like how volcano tubes end up studded with gems and stuff. Probably involving valyrian fire, tbh

So if MC going to claim Coppernicus is just a tamed wyvern/basilisk/whatever?

JT'Tales and Flightless Man like this.
  7. Extras: Between Books 1 and 2 time skip to 296 AC
    Flightless Man

Year 296 AC
    Viserys Ashtar: (Age 19/277).
    Daenerys Tully: (Age 12/284)
    Baelor Tully: (Age 9/287)
    Jaenaera Tully: (Age 9/287)
    Rhaenys Martell (Age 16/280)
    Aegon Ashtar (Age 14/282)
    Duncan Selmy (Age 13/283)
    Mya Baratheon (Age 16/280)
    Bella Rivers (Age 13/283)
    Gendry Waters (Age 12/284)
    Daemon Blackfyre (Age 15/281)

Barristan + Ashara Selmy:
    Children: Vorian (Age 11/285), Ella (Age 9/287), Ulrick (Age 7/289),

Renly Baratheon, (Age 18/278) (Master of War) + Arianne Martell (Age 20/276).
    Children: Ellyssa Baratheon (291), Qyle Baratheon (293)

King Stannis Baratheon (Age 32) + Queen Cersei Lannister (Age 30).
    Children: Joffrey (Age 10/ 286), Shireen (Age 7/289), Orys (Age 6/290).

Jaime Lannister (Age 30).
    Children: Myrcella (Age 6/290), Tommen (Age 5/291).

Tyrion Lannister (Age 23/273))
    Wards: Joy Lannister (Age 8/288)

Garlan Tyrell (Age 19/277) + Asha Tyrell (Age 20 /276)
    Children: Harlen (Age 4/292 Early), Gwynesse (Age 1/294), Pregnant.

Maester Willas (Age 22/274) Citadel.
    Margaery Tyrell (Age 17/279)
    Loras Tyrell (Age 14/282)

Theon Greyjoy (Age 17/279) Wall

Selyse Florent/Gardener + Thaddeus Rowan/Gardener. Married 291
    Children: Garth (Early 293). Gale (294 Late)

Trystane Martell (Age 9/287)

Samwell Tarly (Age 13/283)
    Talla Tarly (Age 11/285)
    Sara Tarly (Age 9/287)
    Melinda Tarly (Age 7/289)
    Dickon Tarly (Age 6/290)

Obara Sand (Age 24/272). Silent Sister.
    Nymeria Sand (Age 21/275
    Tyene Sand (Age 19/277
    Sarella Sand (Age 15/281)
    Leyla Sand (Age 11/285
    Obella Sand (Age 9/287
    Dorea Sand (Age 5/291 Mid)

Ned Stark (Age 33/263) + Catelyn Tully (Age 32/264)
    Robb (Age 13/283)
    Edith (Age 11/285)
    Sansa (Age 10/286)
    Jon (Age 8/288)
    Arya (Age 7/289)
    Bran (Age 6/290)
    Rickon (Age 1/295)

Lyanna Stark (Age 30/266)
    Jennelyn Baratheon (Age 10/286)

Benjen Stark (Age 29/267)

Jorah Mormont (Age 42/254) + Allyria Dayne (Age 30/266). Married 294.
    Children:Alaric (Age 1/295)

Maege Mormont (Age 37/259)
    Children:
    Dacey Mormont (Age 19/277)
    Alysane Mormont (Age 17/279)
    Lyra Mormont (Age 15/281)
    Jorelle Mormont (Age 13/283)
    Lyanna Mormont (Age 6/290)

Davos + Marya Seaworth
    Children:
    Matthos Seaworth (Age 16/280)
    Maric Seaworth (Age 14/282)
    Devan Seaworth (Age 9/287)
    Stannis Seaworth (Age 7/289)
    Steffon Seaworth (Age 3/293)
    Visenya Seaworth (Age 1/295)

Dale Seaworth (Age 20/276) + Elinor Morrigen (Age 18/278). Married 295
    Children: Seryn (Age Infant/296)

Allard Seaworth (Age 18/278) + Jeyne Celtigar (Age 17/279). Married 296

Galladon Tarth (Age 20/276)
    Brienne Tarth (Age 16/280)

Sandor Houndsworth + Zhoe Blanetree. Married 293. Lord and Lady of Skane.
    Children: Harrold (Age 2/294) Alvarra (Age Infant/296)

Elyse Stabbit (Age 22/274)
    Arnold Brighstump (Age 31/265)
    Spitlick Saltspray(Age 27/279)
    Old Miss Lundy(Age 66/220)
    Creb Shalescale(Age 29/277)
    Herbert Gower(Age 21/ 275)
    Thom Redhands(Age 26/270)
    Thoros of Myr (Age 34/262)

Dragons
    Coppernicus: Hatched = 290. Color = Orange + Green Copper mixed.
    Edriggon: Hatched = 291. Color = Dandelion Yellow.
    Rhellagar: Hatched = 291. Color = Scarlet.
    Viserion: Hatched = 291. Color = Robin Blue.
    Roberta: Hatched = 291. Color = Muddy Brown.
    Riannex: Hatched = 291. Color = Black.
    Aegorion: Hatched = 291. Color = Silver.
    Queraxes: Hatched = 291. Color = Green.
    Indigo Egg
    Violet Egg

Small Council
    Hand: Tywin Lannister
    Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth
    Master of Truth: Petyr Baelish
    Master of Law: Jon Arryn
    Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister
    Master of Arms: Renly Baratheon
    Grand Maestor: Pycelle

Kingsguard
    Commander: Lomas Estermont
    2: Hugo Vance
    3: Cortnay Penrose
    4: Lymond Lynderly
    5: Malegorn Redpool
    6: Harold Lipps
    7: Benjen Stark (Permanent assignment.)

Lord’s Paramount/Wardens/Rulers
    North: Ned + Catelyn
    Skagos: Lyanna
    Riverlands: Brynden
    Westerlands: Tywin.
    Iron Isles(Split between West+Riverlands): Jaime + Littlefinger
    Reach: Selyse + Thaddeus
    Mander: Garlan + Asha
    Dorne: Doran
    Stormlands: Renly + Arianne
    Stepstones: Tyrion
    Crownlands: Stannis + Cersei

Basilisk Isles: Victarion
    Sorrows: Griff
    Beyond Wall: Mance Rayder

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    firefrog600 likes this.
  8. Flightless Man

He's a Pterodactyl from Sothoryos. Everyone in Leng knows they breath smoke and ash. Someone from Leng back me up here.

9. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Harlaw do not surrender ? strange.Maybe Tyrion do not listen?
    And i remember about some small island ruled by thrall descendents who wonted sail West in book.Did they die,too ?

Did Jaime told his family about Deep ones? and did he need to spy for them now? Did he cut his child from his waifu ?

Baelish alive - i see problems.He certainly try start Stark/Lannister war,just like in canon.With dragons in North and Cersei bastard child,it is very probable.

Daemon maybe manage to get black.Rhaenys would get Tyrion - but would she still like him after everything he did ?

With Baelish ambition and Tywin attitude,next war would occur...unless Viserys come and do something.Like killing Baelish for example.

Sandor get Skane - it is island on which Skagos people eat everybody,right?
    There is good fanfiction,Shadow beyond Westeros,with Cannibal alive there thanks to magic ,with children of the forest and Valyrian rider,fighting Barlog.Then Jon Snow who get northern magic come,kill Barlog,face Boltons ,and...story end,becouse author have more important things then write.
    Probably dead fiction,but good one.

10. Flightless Man

Tyrion didn't let any of the 5 families with Valyrian steel weapons surrender. Harlaw had Nightfall.

Lonely Light lost it's ships/crew when Iron Fleet smashed. the islands themselves never got hit one Greyjoys dealt with.

He hasn't told anyone about his deal and he gladly accepted the job of getting the Iron Isles under control with Baelish(has Riverland half of the isles.).

Very few know about Northern Dragons right now. Renly's eggs will hatch before the world knows.

Daemon, Rhaenys, and Quentyn are in the Sorrows looking for Viserys.

Baelish will be a problem. He's way too ambititious and her he has respect far earlier.

Victarion and 99% of people on Skagos + islands, went to Basilisk Isles. Only about 10 people are left on Skagos before Lyanna arrives.

I'm pretty sure I read that one. Cannibals bones are on Skagos in this fic, because of it.

ATP likes this.
  11. Flightless Man

Was doing so many names in the list I messed up on Quentyn. He died. He was stabbing the carriage when it exploded and needed to die for Rhaenys to have control. Fixed it and renamed the dragon after him.

12. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

lmao, just let him live. He's an untrained 10 year old used to listening to older females, you don't need to kill him off for Rhaenys to have control.

13. Flightless Man

He was never supposed to live, I just had so many names I was going through, I went from Trystane to Quentyn and added his age for some reason. Once it was one, I was confused and started thinknig he had lived.

It's so now Daynes/Mopatises/Martells/Aegon can all be potentials for the final dragon of those 3. Does Rhaenys or Daemon decide who gets their "unwanted middle child"?

ATP and ThedudeManBro like this.
  14. Threadmarks: Book 2: Sovereign Scuffle, Chapter 1: Dragon Tales
    Flightless Man

Book 2: Sovereign Scuffle
    Chapter 1: Dragon Tales
    296 AC,
    Tyrion Lannister
    I take my chair in the Small Council chambers and trade smirks with Lord Petyr Baelish the Master of Truth. Whispers and lies lead to the Insurrection and so King Stannis restructured the position within only a year of his rule.

Petyr and I have been able to help each other grow. His uncanny ability to root out those involved in got him the newly renamed position the same day I was made Master of Coin.

It wasn’t hard to figure out how to make my wealth, Myr is right next door after all. Losing their monopoly on dyes has led to some border conflicts. Wonder if they’ll side with Pentos or maybe try and entice Victarion and his pirates into getting revenge?

“And what do you have Tyrion?” Renly enters next and prances to his own seat with sheer grace. “Some new Essosi drink that will make me forget which Kingdom I’m from?”

He’s been a big help in maintaining my respect in the Realm and giving Griffin’s Roost a discount is no skin off my back. “Finally got my hands on the new Summer Isles export. They call them ‘Valyrian Candles’.”

Even Davos is curious when I waddle over and grab a glowing coal from the fire. “you put the copper part on some coals or above a candle flame and the magic happens.”

My newest treasure is a jar of very thick glass, filled with a clear kind of oil. It’s sealed with a lid of thin copper and cost me eighteen gold pieces. Damn worth it though.

Blobs of crimson… something, rests on the glass encased metal and when the coals transfer the heat varying sizes of droplets bleed upwards in the jar. “Apparently this is what they’ve been selling in the Disputed lands the last two years and I can see why everyone wants them.” I want a whole room of these things for myself, would be incredible to sleep surrounded by them.

“What is it made of?” My father finally deigns to acknowledge my find. “Is that dragon blood?”

“Although reports are coming in more frequently each year, the Summer Dragon is not yet confirmed.” Amends Petyr with a deferential nod to my father. “It’s as likely to be true as the sightings over the Rhoyne and in the Neck.”

Our King arrives finally and takes a seat beside my smirking sister. “So why aren’t you providing the Truth of the matter?”

“You wanted me to find the last of the rebels and I have.” My sometimes drinking companion defends himself with a casual grin. “If you’d prefer I work on this next instead of Pentos… I will of course head North first thing in the morning.”

“Do so and you my dear brother…” Cersei smirks at me as she finds a way to leave me from gaining any more glory in what looks to be a quick conquest.

She needn’t bother as Father speaks his orders first. “Tyrion shall go find out if this Summer Island King, is in fact my absent brother Gerion. Or if he failed in his quest and Euron rules.”

“So we don’t know if it’s friend or foe?” Great, this means I’m screwed no matter what I do. I either show up with a fleet and terrify everyone, or I go with only a merchant escort and get taken as a slave.

“You’re only going to get answers and you’re supposed to be expanding our profits… you are the logical choice to send.t” Thankfully King Stannis hates wasting time on needless bickering and ignores it to focus on the meeting. “Learn who’s in charge and head for this King in the Sorrows. Find out if he really has dragons keeping the Dothraki at bay.”

“Of course your Grace.” No getting out of this now, better just enjoy the Summer Isles stop. It would only benefit Westeros if I can adopt local customs for my stay.

Growling at the idea our King slams his fist on the oak table, causing his brothers glass to fall and shatter. “Ser Barristan said fourteen dragons flew away from the eruption, we need to be sure these are indeed those wild ones.”

“Only the royal family should have dragons and he knows how to hatch them.” Cersei’s anger is a match for the King’s and they lock heated eyes. “Why won’t you allow him to be questioned by Lord Baelish? He will get the answer out of him… at least let him question one of the nobodies.”

“None of them are nobodies and you know that.” Father answers for the King and gets a grateful nod from him. “It would not be received well to torture the heroes who cured Shalescale.”

“I don’t care how it’s received. It will not happen while I draw breath.” Stannis shows himself once more to be the only person more stubborn than my shrew of a sister. “Marya was your friend, just ask her yourself instead of demanding Davos question his wife.”

“She should have told us the second they returned!” Hisses a fuming Cersei and I find the claim of her ever being Marya Seaworth’s friend ridiculous. Only real friend my sister ever had died and I know she had a hand in it.

The Master of Ships sighs deeply and scratches his grey goatee in consideration. “It’s not worth the price.”

“You already know.” I state with no doubt in my mind and Davos shrugs a being caught.

“I don’t think Lord Tywin is willing to die for you to be able to fly and King Stannis doesn’t have anyone left to make the willing sacrifice.” Davos admits more than anyone present had been able to find out.

With hard eyes, Father is quick to firmly agree with Lord Seaworth. “I most certainly am not. Though if it’s truly that simple… I may reconsider on my deathbed.”

“With so many Targaryens growing mad later in life…” Theorizes the Grand Maester, his hacking cough makes us wait awkwardly for the rest of his words. “It could have been a way to ‘encourage’ the family elders to willingly take part in such a ritual and keep the family heads fresh both in mind and body.”

This explanation seems to please Father and he lets out a little breathy hiss that some would even mistakenly call a laugh. “Would explain why the children seemed to be ten times more competent than Aerys was and he was only degrading with each year.”

Viserys Ashtar
    With the sun beating down on my heavily tanned skin, I smile at the sound of Coppernicuus splashing in the waves nearby. From nose to the tip of his tail, my ‘brother’ measures thirty seven feet. Boy was no one having fun that day.

He’s massive but hasn’t seem to realized how much bigger he is now. Loud noises terrify him and it’s taken years to get him used to strafing any hostile ships that get too close.

Our arrival five years ago was well received by the Summer Islanders and I was given the equivalent of a lordship. Turns out they didn’t know about magnets either and everyone knows I’m a wizard.

Gerion and my crew chase off any Westerosi ships that get too close and it’s given me all the time I needed to find myself. No life threatening danger or horrible disease has become kind of… boring.

Last year it was only a slight annoyance at the back of my mind but this year I feel my bones itching to do anything. The local religion is wonderful and helped me realize I only knew Arianne for a few months.

I care for her and wish her the best. But honestly… the relationships created in times of stress rarely last. She wouldn’t be happy with a quiet life and we would have resented each other before long.

“Going to need to get another shipment from Myr if you want to keep making your ‘lamps’.” Gerion groans from the shade of his palm tree. “Or do you have some new magic to share with us?”

I’ve given up denying the claims and just wave a hand dismissively above me. “Drinking tree blood isn’t good enough for you? Want me to get a few more xylophones made or maybe some bagpipes?” I was bored and eventually got the prototypes sounding good enough that the islands’ real musicians could perfect them

“Not the bagpipes!” He roars so fast I sit up and lift the straw hat off my eyes.

Coppernicus stops splashing and darts straight towards me with several very ungraceful hops across the sand. His eyes are darting all around as he crouches over Gerion and myself, his tongue checking us both for any harm his eyes are failing to see.

“It’s alright Nicus, Gerion is just being dumb.” He doesn’t believe me and leaves an extra thick layer of slobber on my new hemp overall and sandal combination. It’s too hot to wear anything else and it makes me feel rustic. Does itch like all Seven Hells though.

“He doesn’t like the honking those things make either and you know it.” Yeah but I didn’t reinvent bagpipes to annoy my dragon.

“You want to walk on water and freak everyone out?” He’s really my only access to Essosi ingredients and if he just wants some simple magic tricks… I guess I can oblige him.

His eyes light up like an eager child’s and he nods enthusiastically. “You know I do. What do you need me to bring back this time?”

“A few dozen barrels of cornstarch, I’ll need at least eight hundred pounds of it but more is better. I’ll get to work digging out a little inlet while you’re gone.” Don’t want to ruin any of our drinking water with this. Even with the new mist catchers I had installed on the hills, we have far less fresh water than I’m accustomed to. Got spoiled in the Stormlands.

“That’s it?” He’s disappointed so I just shrug and offer a ‘magical’ explanation.

“Corn creates the proper… energy when it grows. It’s the only way I know how to do it with Valyrian ingredients.” If nobody will believe in easily repeatable acts being science, I’m forced to come up with answers people can accept… if not understand any better.​

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  15. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

I wonder if the summer islands have the proper ingredients for viserys to invent the Piña Colada.

Shadowwarp, Flightless Man and ATP like this.
  16. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Tywin&Cersei&Baelish :
    What Viserys have plotted ?
    Tyrion: few things,whisky and bagpipes.You would love both.

Now,i imagine 1000 bagpipers plaing for Viserys.Amazing grace,probably.

Rhaerys is on Sorrows with her dragon.I hope,that Viserys found about her before something bad happen to her.Tyrion would need a lot of explanations,if he want her back.

Stannis honorable as ever,Tywin smart,Cersei being herself,and Baelish plotting.When Viserys come back,he certainly try provoke war.Dieoof course - but he could burn Westeros before that.

Gerion have 15 ships.I do not belive,that crews of all just agreed to sit on Summer Islands - most likely he send them home saing that he is looking for Euron on his own.

Now wild dragons - they were enslaved once,so somebody like Euron could do that again.

Lonely Light islands - are there any sailors who really go west and come back? if so,did they survive war?
    Land untouched by humans would be nice to have.

Pity,that you could not use Cannibal from "Shadow Beyond Westeros" - children,Cannibal and local population on Skane would be fine addition,not mention big friendly spiders.Adter they kill Barlog,of course.His orc slaves were useful,too.Good subjects.

You still could use hidden population on Skane,even with children.Hound would not mind new subjects.
    No orcs,thought.Pity.But - you could add wargs,if there were no children there.Or - why no both?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  17. Flightless Man

Rum, Coconut, and Pinneapple. I just fly over to Naath every few weeks to steal Pinneapples.

Tyrion will be MAD I haven't been looking for Rhaenys (even though no one ever told Viserys Aegon was found)

Rhaenys and Tyrion may not even end up together. She has been alone with Daemon for 5 years now.

Gerion brought Greyscale survivors to Westeros and left again to go "look" for brightroar. Sailed to Volantis and his crew nearly all went home (like he planned) and he sailed for Summer isles with slaves he bought and freed.

I didn't really have plans for the wild ones beside it being the plausible source of these rumors. We'll see.

Lonely Light is my #6 place to live in ASOIAF. It's got something coming.

His bones are one Skagos, which means he lived on the islands for about 60 years.

I like little homages but for me Orcs are sea monsters and I'd have them be Ironborn if anything.

Everyone on Skagos/Skane still has no fleet, only a few ships for transport when needed and everyone is recomended to stay away.

Non Newtonian fluid means if you run fast enough, you can run on water. Viserys has no ideas besides teaching some science (I went to college for 2 years to be a teacher and love when someone learns something new and interesting.)

ATP likes this.
  18. Threadmarks: Chapter 2: This Seems Familiar
    Flightless Man

Chapter 2: This Seems Familiar
    Duncan
    Selmy
    “What’s taking them so long?” Uncle Ned’s ship should have gotten here hours ago.

Huddled together on the new Manderly constructed docks, ‘Aunt’ Lyanna’s expression has shifted into concern. “Wyman said the ‘Sea Wolf’ left from White Harbor on schedule. His granddaughter Wylla is on board with your cousins and they should have been here by midday.”

Seeing the difference in how she cares for me and my half sister was a harsh slap in the fast. I’d spent years thinking Ashara and Barristan as only people looking after me but they treated me the same as my ‘siblings’.

The once Queen never intended to raise me and has never really seen me as a son. She cares for me of course but I know who my parents actually are now. I can’t live in Starfall with Rhellagar and Mother is needed to be regent.

It’s not like Lyanna has no love for me but it’s far more comparable to how she treated my cousins at Winterfell during our brief stay. Sandor was given new land once it was revealed the devastation his keep had faced from the Hightower occupation, even given his own Lordship for saving so many of us.

Even Ser Grell was raised alongside Bronn, now known as the ‘Knight of Deepdown’. Sandor did it himself when the few dozen locals who remained, decided to finally reveal themselves with nightly attacks. Was hilarious when he nearly forgot to charge the Riverlands native in the Crone’s name though.

“You did remember to keep the dragons in the caves, right?” Bronn grumbles when a gust of chill air rises off the sea and slams into him.

“Yes we did and Gendry’s keeping them entertained.” My half sister rolls her eyes at me over his whining. “Eddrigon is going to be so energetic when he can finally go fishing. You want to give Robb and Sansa an aerial view of the bay when they finally get here?”

Our plans are immediately snipped in the bud by Lyanna, her face thick with frustration. “Don’t even think about it. Catelyn’s raven was very clear her children are staying on the ground… already has enough problems keeping Bran from climbing everything in sight.”

“Well can Duncan and Tasha at least show them around on the unicorns?” Jenn gives me an apologetic look and shrugs. “If you don’t mind Gendry taking out Rhellagar for you?”

Not many people who actually can, the dragons barely even let Tasha in to feed them. “He does a fine job with Viserion when Dany goes to Riverrun twice a year. Gendry knows he doesn’t need to ask me, only Rhella.”

Her half brother doesn’t share his half with me but he’s basically mine by now too. Only boy my age and he’s actually a nice person… of course I’ll ignore a little thing like him being a bastard.

I learned from Viserys how easy it is to carve your own path and I’ll help Gendry any way I can. Sandor is confident I’m more skilled than half the knights already and only need some bulk before I’m a real legend.

Any knight can make a knight and since Gendry can beat me a third of the time with that damn morning star of Viserys’, he’ll have done something to earn it soon enough.

I can’t even be mad Gendry’s the one using it, I nearly lost it when it slipped from my grip. Didn’t really understand what Viserys was always saying about his grip but I have the reverse problem it seems. Blunt and heavy weapons will never be my specialty.

“Good idea, Sansa has been asking me to send one for her nameday each year.” Lyanna gives her permission with a wry chuckle. “Will give you and Robb time to talk before he sees them. Boys don’t like being seen to cry as I recall.” She gives Uncle Benjen a quick elbow to the ribs.

“No we really don’t and yet sisters seem to relish causing it.”

“Why is it Sansa and Robb coming?” It still doesn’t make sense why Edith isn’t coming instead and Dany decides to bring it up with her endless curiosity. If only women could be maesters, she’d have read every single word at the Citadel.

My uncle is the one who answers again as he avoids a second elbow. “Sansa has her head filled with only the good parts of court life and Ned wants her to be given the reality of the noble life down South.”

“And Robb’s been getting restless since Domeric went back to the Dreadfort, so he asked to come with her and Wylla Manderly.” Lyanna frowns at the sight of Dany’s still strawberry pink hair getting messed up in the wind.

“He asked to come?” Me and Robb didn’t really get along when we stayed with them for a month. Whenever I wasn’t looking at him, I could feel his gaze boring into me. “Why?”

“He’s probably as lonely as you are, maybe even more.” Explains Benjen with a very understanding look in his grey eyes. “Winterfell doesn’t really have many kids and he’s only got Jon now. Gap of five years is a little too much for them to really be close friends.”

So what, he wants to come and take the two male friends I have? “He does know I live here still and it’s not just Gendry and Daryn Hornwood?”

“Ned should have used the ride to tell them the truth about our intent.” Lyanna answers with a snort. “Don’t worry so much Duncan. Jenn’s still going to be the boss of all of you, so it’s not like anything will really change.” She really is quite sure of what she wants and expects to get it.

“Is that them?” Dany squints hard at the horizon and finally grins wide. “That’s a Manderly sail, it is them!”

Her excitement spreads fast and soon everyone on the docks is standing to great the Warden of the North. When his ship arrives and the gangplank descends, someone unexpected follows the three Starks down.

The short man is well dressed in a plum colored doublet, a thick winter cloak of wolf fur around him is the first sign he’s not a Northman. His short oiled hair with graying temples and perfectly groomed goatee are another clue his appearance matters far too much.

“Ned!” Benjen claps arms with his brother at the same time Lyanna pulls Robb and Sansa into a firm hug.

“You look like you’ve finally put some weight on,” Uncle Ned looks his little brother over and looks relieved to see no new scars. “And Lyanna lost most of hers.”

“Not sitting around doing nothing anymore,” Admits the Lady of Skagos with a light dusting of pink on her cheeks. “Realized soon I’d start getting compared to Wylla’s grandfather.”

The twelve year old Manderly girl blinks in shock at the mental image and tries not to laugh. She fails spectacularly.

“But he’s too fat to sit on a horse anymore!” Even Sansa looks up at Lyanna in shock, clearly not remembering what she looked like when she was Queen.

“And I was a few decades away from that fate.” Lyana shrugs with no real concern. “But why don’t Ned and his friend go talk inside. You kids can go show Wylla and your cousins the unicorns.”

“Yes!” Sansa is first to respond and her squeal nearly deafens me. “Please can we Robb!” Her plea to her brother is accepted with a roll of his eyes and none of the aloofness I remembered from before. I guess his dad did tell them about me, that’s a relief.

“That’s all you’ve been able to talk about since we left White Harbor,” He sighs with a smile nearly revealing itself. “I have to admit… even I’m getting curious about what they really look like.”

They’re neat I guess and listen to Jenn like ducklings following their mother, but it’s been hard for me to connect like I did with the pack. All the wolves on Skagos got slaughtered centuries ago and I just haven’t bonded with any animal besides Rhellagar.

I don’t know if she’d even let me have another non human friend though, Rhella is a jealous queen who doesn’t like sharing. Even her siblings know better than to talk back with any serious intent.

Eddrigon is slower mentally and hasn’t really seemed to get out of the hatchling mindset. But the lithe yellow bundle of energy is by far the most easy going. He’s kind of like a dog who hasn’t realized how big he got.

ON the other hand Viserion is kind of a loner and prefers flying over the bay with only Dany as his company. She was gone for three days once and is the reason the Watch started spreading rumors of dragons.

It did scare the wildlings like crazy though and we haven’t had any try the Bay of Seals in over a year now. I think whatever bit of Viserys was left after he died saving Father, is in the pale blue dragon. He’s quiet and only snaps when Rhella is too aggressive with Edd.

“What are these?” Robb is the one who breaks the silence after we lead our three guests to the paddock.

“Unicorns.” I try and get over my uncertainty by pretending we never had an awkward first encounter. “Not quite what you expected are they?” Me neither, the long legs and neck are one thing but once the thick curly wool makes them look more cuddly than they really are.

“Be careful and don’t make eye contact.” I force my voice as high as it can go so I don’t rile up the beasts. “Talk like you would before your voice got deeper and they might let you on without spitting.”

Sansa shows me she isn’t just a girl lost in her imagination and frowns in thought. “Is that why you only sent some to the Mormonts? They don’t like men.”

Her brother steps a little too close and stares at the single crooked horn on each ones head. “They need to spit even with that horn?” Robb isn’t able to raise his pitch and gets a glob of pale green snot launched onto his chest.

Notes: Llamas with a single antelope horn.​

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  19. ThedudeManBro

Wait wait wait. So:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JT'Tales and Flightless Man like this.
  20. Flightless Man

yeah. and still carnivourous.

JT'Tales and ThedudeManBro like this.
  21. ThedudeManBro

OH... Oh my. That's like... Half more intimidating than the dragons. Why is it more intimidating than the flying fire breathing SUV sized lizards?!

22. Flightless Man

I even decided since unicorns hate men, they hunt like Hyenas. Go for the genitals and let you bleed to collapse once torn off. then they let the young disembowel you while alive. Hyenas let the youngest eat first so they can learn how to kill wounded prey

23. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Friends of every maiden,then.When Mountain finally die,he could end as their meal.How made him meet them....Baelish something something,Tywin send Mountain to Skagos to get Lyanna as bargaing chip,the rest is history.

What Bronn get ?
    And,you still could deliver Bronn some hidden population on Skane.Children,wargs,whatever your story need.

Speaking about that - still no monstergirls,snif,snif...:D

Nathaniel Carrion likes this.
  24. Flightless Man

I almost did send Gregor with Littlefinger. Couldn't make a good enough reason yet.

Bronn got Deepdown on main isle of Skagos. He found about 40 people hiding.

ATP and Nathaniel Carrion like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Chapter 3: Summer Roses
    Flightless Man

Chapter 3: Summer Roses
    Margaery Tyrell

Not letting yet another one of Grandmother’s attempts to regain control bother me, I stride towards Garlan’s solar with firm resolve. I do remember to knock before entering though, no desire for a repeat of last month.

“It’s me Garlan. Grandmother sent another raven.”

He answers almost immediately with a heavy sigh, reassuring me he’s alone this time. “Come in.” His is voice already filled with annoyance and it’s not even midday. “What does she want this time?”

“Haven’t read it yet.” He looks up from a desk filled with finance reports, his eyes nearly about to burst with tears. “… Bu I’m not so sure you can handle it right now. Why haven’t you gotten Sam to help you with this?”

“I told him he couldn’t stop his morning training unless I needed his help with the taxes. I’m not giving up yet.” He’s stubborn but not so great with figures, which means Garlan will be stuck here for days. “Do you know what I spent six hundred and eleven gold on last month?”

“You sent Summerhall Abbey six score fruit trees.” My reminder make his eyes light up and he quickly jots it down.

He tosses the crumpled sheet of parchment over his shoulder. “Perfect, that means I can write it off.” “Now let’s see what she wants.”

He takes the sealed scroll and his face doesn’t immediately become a frown. That’s a good sign.

“She wants me to throw a tourney to celebrate when Asha gives birth.” His lips purse in thought as he goes over the idea in his mind. “Even willing to foot half the bill, which means if I say no…”

“She’ll just have your Vassals go to the Arbor instead.” And you lose any control over what she’s trying to do this time.

Garlan growls as he hands me the letter. “Not just mine. She wants to invite everyone but the Florents, Rowans, and Lannisters.”

“You still haven’t figured out how he escaped?” I haven’t asked about it in years but I didn’t think it would still be a mystery.

“After Mother’s carriage to the Silent Sisters was attacked, he’s shown no further interest in pressing his revenge on us.” His neck cracks when he stretches the stiffness from his body. “Haven’t really had a reason to be around him.”

“But she’s not the only mother who’s gone missing.” Any wife born with the name Hightower has vanished from her home in the last five years. “If we know he was involved with or owns disappearance, why aren’t we investigating him for the others?”

“His sister is the Queen, his Father the Hand, and even his brother is Master of Coin.” He reminds me of how quickly the Littlest Lannister went from losing nearly his entire fleet to becoming master of a merchant one. “It’s not a safe idea to get too nosy.”

“Help me with something and I’ll finish this for you.” Sarella really wants to go study at the Citadel and it would be a lot easier if ‘Alleras’ had the Lord Paramount of the Mander as ‘his’ sponsor.

The look he examines me with begins worried but loses it’s edge when I only smile back warmly. “… What do you need help with? It better not be something dangerous.”

“Aren’t you the one going to war with Pentos?” He rolls his eyes and nods. “Seems like that’s going to be riskier than reading a few books.”

When it becomes obvious his help is only slowing me down, I send him off to find Loras. Garlan doesn’t get in the yard as often when Asha is with child and I really don’t want him getting out of practice.

Most of the gold is easily accounted for and it’s not until the shipping manifests that something sticks out as strange. Why are we sending supplies to Essos every four months?

I manage to trace it as back to who else but Grandmother. I’m not sure how long it’s been going on, though I have to admit she did a good job covering it up.

Somehow she’s managed to send the ships by sending them the same time Garlan sends his donations to Summerhall. Each time three ships leave and never actually arrive in the Stormlands.

Who is she working with now? All evidence seems to say Rhaenys and Quentyn died in the Pentos riots along with that damned cheese monger. Which could have been avoided if had just Braavos waited for King Stannis to ready his navy.

Why is it that no one can just work together? All this backstabbing and glory seeking has been going on since before I was born.

I put those papers aside so I can show Garlan later and manage to nearly finish the rest of the taxes before it gets dark. Lighting a pair of candles I carefully slide one underneath the Valyrian Candles.

The red one is easy to set up but a layer of hard wax makes me knock over the green one. I nearly catch it, only for it to shatter on white stone floor. No! Asha just got those for Garlan.

As I scramble on the floor to somehow put it all back together, I finally realize what the colored blobs are. It’s just candle wax… nothing special at all.

Wiping a glob of green wax off of the thin copper disc, I realize it has something engraved on the inner facing side. Is that a dragon? Where did Asha say the merchant got these again?

Standing in shock, I forget the mess on the ground and dash from the solar. After five years the many flights of stairs are only good exercise and barely even leave me red faced when I find Asha in the kitchens.

She nearly drops her drumstick when I burst into the room and scowls at me. “Dammit! I thought it was Garlan and I’d have to share the rest.”

“I’ll wait for supper thanks.” I get a wary look and she slides her plate safely behind her. “I need to know where you found these!”

When I shove the piece of copper in her face, she leans backwards in defense of the duck. “What is that?”

“It’s the inside of the Valyrian Candles, but look what it’s stamped with!” Asha doesn’t seem to know what’s so important and that only makes me smirk in satisfaction.

“It’s a dragon… so?” Her voice is flat and unimpressed with my destruction of her rather expensive gift. “They are Valyrian Candles after all.”

“But who has a sigil that looks like this?” If it wasn’t for looking at the Summerhall repoorts all day, I would be just as lost.

After a good five seconds of confusion, Asha finally just gives up with a shrug. “I have no idea. I’m still trying to learn what everyone here in the Mander has.”

“It’s the Ashtar sigil.” My grin only grows in proportion to her frown.

“Are you trying to tell me this is what Aegon is making in his abbey?”

I shake my head and finally reveal what I’ve discovered. “It’s the original symbol. The one Viserys flew when he went to Valyria.”

“Oh…” Now she catches on and her eyebrows nearly vanish in her bangs. “Oh!”

“He’s alive and being held prisoner by Euron Greyjoy.” As I lay out the facts, she nods along with an eager smirk. “The missing Gerion Lannister might be a prisoner or he may be working with the Summer Islands King.”

It finally is beginning to making sense why a Lannister and Ironborn ship have both been seen chasing any Westerosi ships away. I bet Euron is even working with his brother in the Basilisk Isles, getting ready for another invasion. Maybe Grandmother is in on it and has a new ally on the Rhoyne?

“You look like you’ve already given it more thought than your brother and I will.” Asha’s voice is proud in a way Grandmother never seems to be and I relish the moment… only to immediately shudder.

I’m the smart one in the family now and I know the stress of looking over Garlan’s shoulder will give me wrinkles by the time I’m twenty. “Not looking to lose any more brothers to stupid decisions. But coming back with the Cleansed Dragon… that would certainly get our family name out of the mud.”

“We have a dozen ships claim they’re trying to establish a monopoly on selling the Valyrian Candles here in Westeros. If Garlan manages to finds Viserys…” When I trail off, Asha is quick to finish my words.

“He shows up like a hero when the invasion of Pentos occurs.”

“I’ll go with Garlan of course, we both know he’s horrible at negotiations.” We share a laugh at the idea of my brother actually trying to handle the business side of the trip.

Asha surprises me with a saucy wink. “You just make sure to have some fun while you’re down their.”​

26. ATP

ATP Experienced.

So,Aegon is not married,but choosed Faith.Better for everybody including him.
    What is he doing in his abbey?

Olenna is sending support to Rhaenys,and they have some kind of pact.

Margery is smart,but logical,so she could not comprehend that Victarion is simply living simple life.

Euron - it would be fun,if he manage made boat and leave Valyria only to be abadonned by his people and forced to live on some remote shore stealing pigs from villagers.And swaering,that ONE DAY HE HAVE HIS REVENGE.Only to be accidentally killed by Victarion who do not even notice that.

Interesting,that Jaime do not try kill Garlan.And - did he told other family members about Deep ones? if they ordered him keep pact with them,then at least Tywin should knew.

Bronn - he is dude who sold anybody if he think it help him.Why he do not sell info about northern dragons yet?
    Unless - he like life as Lord on remote island.Then,he need waifu - Dacey Mormont would be perfect.

Sarella - just like in canon.Maybe as concubine for Viserys? Margery would not mind.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  27. Flightless Man

He's turned it into a center for healing/long term care. Either rich family donates, family member works off the care on farm/orchard, or the sick person does once healed. Aegon is an Abbot. A new rank in the Faith for Septas/Septons who donate land and remain in charge of it until death (it stays with the Faitth, nott the family)

OH!! Good job, everyone else thinks Olenna is still being naughty.

Victarion really is the "evil" version of Viserys. Both said screw Westeros and claimed some warm islands.

Euron might eventually find a way out. Or he may get eaten by a wild dragon.

Jaime is hiding his evil hand and pretending he was never captured. He can't hate Garlan until he gets the last two Hightower wives. He only told one person.

Bronn is thinking 3 (maybe 4) dragons wins over anything and is trying to get in on ground floor. He does need a wife and I'll see how it goes.

I was leaning Sarella more towards Samwell. Obara is at Summerhall Abbey. Tyene/Tasha is in the Neck with Bella. Nymeria is in Riverruun looking after the wins for Brynden (Lysa and Robert are helping with Jon's blessing).

ATP likes this.
  28. Threadmarks: Chapter 4: Get Away From My Beach! (Viserys)
    Flightless Man

Chapter 4: Get Away From My Beach!
    Viserys
    Ashtar
    While preparations for the new moon festival are beginning, I realize we’re missing one very important thing for the celebration. “Stop everything!” My roar brings everyone to a confused stop as I hold up two coconuts. “Why don’t we have any Naathberries?”

“Herbert still hasn’t got back yet,” Answers Thoros between mouthfuls of rum that drizzle into his beard. “You think something is wrong? They’ve been late before.”

It’s the only place I know of that grows pineapples and I know my traders left on schedule. Why are they three days late?

Nobody wants to miss a new moon celebration, it’s the only celebration designed for the unmarried. It’s not like a funeral, where only the family members are competing to be the one to guide the returned spirit back.

I’ve had it made very clear the children conceived during a funeral are only considered part of the grieving family. Was incredibly strange when the woman I slept with insisted the violet eyed child is not mine… but I watched a woman hand over a child only a few days later.

I was only used as a conduit for the deceased man’s return because he liked how I looked. Elyse insists it’s really the grieving woman who like my appearance but I have to admit it’s not as hard as I worried. Not really interested in doing it again though, the meaningless sex has definitely lost the appeal.

At least I know Coppernicus will always have someone to look after him if I do something stupid. I don’t have a third soul inside me and it’s taken years to start feeling whole again after losing he original Viserys. Can’t expect to come back again, not even if Thoros is ready with a kiss.

Having almost twenty toddlers running around with my eyes was something I never believed I could accept as the norm, but I’m not the only hot commodity at funerals nowadays. Gerion has at least five with his luscious golden locks and I’ve even seen a couple of red headed girls.

While I may have felt compelled to do something for the oldest of my own ‘donations’, it’s clear society here would find that shameful. Marriage integrity here matters of course but the rules have so many allowances, it’s hard to keep track of them all sometimes.

Weddings are for the bride and grooms married guests to switch partners for the night with no ill will the next day. Full moons are for those who lost spouses to wear blank masks and use each other to fill the loneliness.

Each victory over slavers and pirates is even celebrated with the whole of those involved in the attack, sharing their bodies among any they wish. Children who have not yet blossomed are even given the thrice yearly lunar eclipses as a way to make new friends.

Introducing Lacrosse was an interesting idea. It just gave the victorious team’s supporters another reason to blend the bloodlines… but it also really seems to perfectly mesh with how the Summer Islands wage war among themselves. I won’t be surprised if this replaces most ceremonial conflict here one day.

“I’ll go take a look, see if they’re at least on the horizon.” This just makes the priest of his slowly spreading Red Faith roll his eyes.

“You’re just trying to get out of doing any more work.” He’s not wrong but that’s one of the perks of being the Prince of the Singing Stones.

Once they learned I was born with the title of prince, it stuck despite any of my protesting. Since I seem to recall it was you spreading that information… you can do all of my work and it’s fine by me.

Ninety percent of the Summer Islanders live on the three largest islands which left this cluster of six eager for solid protection from the pirate raids. They don’t come to this part of the Summer Isles any more and rarely bother the rest.

If I had shown any real interest in doing anything more than letting the captives I free live on my islands, the other rulers of the archipelago may have done something about me back when they had a chance. They know it’s too late to chase me away and I haven’t involved myself with them beyond local trade. Why would they anger the dragon who’s playing guard dog?

A couple thousand natives and half that many refugees doesn’t really give the impression of a conqueror. Especially when all I’ve done is make a single fortified cove and wooden keep in five years.

Letting the very obvious spies see whatever they wanted helped my reputation spread. Was harder pretending we had no idea what was going on than it was finding them.

“Oh just go,’ Thoros laughs with a wave of his hand. “Nicus has probably already eaten half the fish for tonight. Tire him out and we might have some left.”

“Not my fault you left them just baking on the beach with no one keeping guard.” It’s not like the nearly forty foot dragon is a new thing.

Ignoring his grumbling I head to the beach and the cove Coppernicus has been digging for days. Whenever Gerion gets back, I’ll be ready to teach a class. Just have to replace any fancy science words with therms like magic and energy. They don’t need to know how it works beyond what they can see and a little bullshit makes the knowledge stick better.

Instead of having two hind legs and a pair of wings on the forelimbs, my gleaming ‘brother’ has for powerful legs. A thick membrane goes between them and when unfurled for flight make him look like a flying squirrel.

His scales seems like many layers of peeling metal, each one curled outwards like a spike. The ridge along his back has grown into a series of nearly rock like protruding vertebrae that give me a safe place to ride.

The horns go out to the sides before turning forward like a bull’s. Each one is longer than I am tall and almost as thick as my shoulder’s width.

“They need us to go for a quick fly and see if Arnold’s on his way back yet.” I scratch him under the chin and focus more on the intent behind them than the words themselves. “If we go look now the air will be warm and you won’t have to flap as hard.”

He may be larger than the fire breathing ones of the same age but Nicus can barely stay in the air for a solid hour, two if he has good thermals. Having to basically thrash himself into the air is a lot more tiring and I figure the must normally just glide between mountain peaks.

I get a stare that reminds me I’m not wearing my safety gear. “Oh fine, I’ll go put my jacket on first!” Marya may have left her chain mail for me when she went home but I really don’t think I’m going to need it. “This isn’t to chase away some pirates, we’re just looking for our late friend.”

He follows behind me as I climb the hill to my keep with a sense of smug pride. I’m only allowed to finally climb onto his back once I come back out wearing the chain mail shirt. “Happy now? I even have my bow you worry wart.”

A cloud of grey ash is my only response and it leaves me coughing as Coppernicus leaps of the cliff. We drop a dozen feet before his awkward flapping catches the thermals, bringing us slowly higher into the air.

I can see some ships approaching from about the right direction but none of them are the right style. Doesn’t look like local ones either… what’s going on?

Sliding out the far-eye Gerion got for me, I bring it up to my eye with growing dread. The pirates are here in force and hitting all three of the major islands.

Walano has the different raiding parties that I can see and what looks to be more smoke on the far side. Omburu and Jhala aren’t fairing much better with two smoking towns apiece. A handful of ships are heading for my islands and it makes me angry.

No. Resolve fills me and I whistle for Coppernicus to dive towards the eight ships with suicidal crews. I’m not letting another home get taken from me.

His should passes over the boats and I can hear the panicked shouts. Too late for mercy.“Nebemagon!”

I roar the High Valyrian word to unleash, or fire a siege weapon. The billowing cloud of searing white ash coats the meager fleet and the shouts become shrieks of agony. Those don’t last long either and soon the scalding ash fills the lungs’ of the pirates.

Wheezing coughs quickly peter out and I even hear a few splashes from crew members going overboard. Not enough to be a problem but the other islands need us now.

“We got work to do.” My normally timid dragon seems to be aware of the danger in his territory and he unleashes an ear splitting roar. His rage at these intruders is palpable as we glide towards Jhalu, leaving the eight ships to drift North as a warning.​

29. Threadmarks: Chapter 5: Sorrows Of Our Own Design (Rhaenys)
    Flightless Man

Chapter 5: Sorrows Of Our Own Design
    Rhaenys
    Targaryen
    With each flap of Riannex’s sprawling dark red wings, the clammy mist of the Sorrows is sent billowing away from us. With Daemon bringing our forces South from Ghoyan Drohe to Dagger Lake, it’s my responsibility to check out this King rallying the Sorrows under my uncle’s name.

As long as this the person rallying the no longer cursed lands under Viserys’ name is in fact who he claims, my long search will finally over. I can finally explain what happened to Quentyn was an accident and we can go home.

Daemon can even come if he wants, wouldn’t be right to just leave him here after being my only real friend for half a decade. He knows I didn’t mean to kill my cousin and hasn’t told anyone in all this time. I guess he got his wish… I don’t hate him as much as I do myself.

I’ve tried looking for Viserys’ two ships every new moon, the lack of light makes it easier to see the growing settlements from above. On my last visit it was revealed the ruins of Chroyane have raised the flag of the Targaryens, reigniting my hope. He’s still alive.

Viserys can explain what happened, he can talk his way out of anything. And if he likes having his own Kingdom here on the Rhoyne, we can combine ours and finally trap the pirates between two armies.

Even with three dragons, it’s too easy for the cowards to hide. By now a really big bird is enough to have the dozens of boats conceal themselves in the mist. Filling the air with arrows is more than enough to force us off, not even my black beauty can’t face that many pointy bits of metal.

When I see the Rhoyne converge with the Lhorulu river, a sprawling mass of crumbling stone buildings are revealed. Chroyane is where my Valyrian ancestors destroyed the largest army ever known to the world. Over two hundred thousand archers – some of the best to ever draw a bow – turned to ash as the river boiled.

This is where our downfall began. But as I land among a few hundred people now cured of Greyscale, my eyes desperately scan for silver hair.

The crowd is cautious and Riannex decides to impress her new audience. Extending her neck and tail to their fullest, her wings flare out in a stunning display of scarlet.

Gasps of horror let me know the audience is more terrified than awestruck. I’m fine with that for now, I need answers.

“Where is my uncle?” I roar at the crowd and only a handful of people dare my rage to make eye contact. “Your leader is doing this in Viserys’ name and I, Rhaenys Targaryen will not allow any false dragons!”

I haven’t been able to use the Martell name since Quentyn died… it just feels wrong. Targaryens are the mad ones and I’ve proven to have too much in common with Grandfather. Viserys killed him to save a city from wildfire, Quentyn died because I was careless.

“Princess…” A voice I haven’t heard since all of this began drawls out in a Stormland accent. “You’re alive.”

A very disheveled and unshaven Jon Connington walks out of one of the few buildings still with a roof. The massive grin of disbelief on his face just makes my blood boil as he approaches.

When Riannex senses my mood, she snaps at the suddenly leery man. “Close enough Conman. Riannex can smell the traitor on you and she hasn’t eaten all day.” That’s a lie, I’m not mean enough to starve such a good girl. But it always makes the talks go smoother when the other side doesn’t know that.

“… That’s a beautiful name.” He finally manages to stutter out as he stops shaking.

“It should be, she’s named after the most beautiful woman I ever knew.” My gaze narrows into a hate filled fury and I’m satisfied when Jon takes a half step backwards. “You should remember her… Arianne was your first victim in all of this.”

He has no right to be using my families name! Connington has only ever been in this for one man and my father didn’t care about anyone else either.

“That was a horrible accident.” His lies do nothing to convince me and I wrap a hand around Dawn’s hilt in anticipation.

“What you’re doing now isn’t. I don’t know why you’re here but you better have Viserys in that building.” My snarl is punctuated by a streak of black fire from Riannex, with just the faintest hint of crimson along it’s edge. “So where is he?”

“I have no idea,” Desperation is raw in his voice but I find my rage allows me to ignore it. “I did all this so he could find me.”

“Well a Targaryen did and she’s not very happy to see you.” I’m not sure how everyone was cured of the ancient curse but I will not let this piece of shit use these people next. “I charge you with treason and sentence you to death. Anyone who interferes will be Riannex’s meal.”

I slide off her back with practiced graced and draw the Dayne’s family sword. I will need to bring this back, but it’s better of in my hands than Arthur’s.

“You all are flying my families banner and this big beautiful girl here is all the proof I need.” My eyes roam the crowd who nods at my words. “I have no cause to harm any of you and every reason to take you all into my care… unless of course you decide to get in between me and my vengeance.”

“Who corrupted you all with such thoughts?” He growls and doesn’t hesitate to draw his own tarnished bastard sword. “Your brother was just as misled and it seems I must be the one to end the madness striking your family.”

We clash in a ring of observers, with nearly half the circle being taken up by my dragon. The several hundred refugees are all bunched together on the far side and leave the battlefield more of an egg shape than a real ring.

“Last chance to atone and face death like a loyal man.” I really hope you prove that’s not what you are, I’ve been itching to get payback for years. “Otherwise I’m about to clip this chicken’s wings.”

The only good thing about Oberyn was his insistence on me learning how to defend myself. Something I’ve had to rely on more than I ever thought back in Dorne.

His castle steel has a tinge of brown running through it and I know this will over fast. He can’t afford to wear me out, he needs a quick win if he has any hope of leaving here alive. If Riannex lets him that is.

“Viserys is the one who ruined the true King’s designs!” He snarls as my milk pale blade parries his own, leaving more than a sizable dent in his weapon. “Rhaegar wanted you and Visenya to lead Westeros into a golden age. Ruling as Aegon’s sister wives and Queens!”

He’s stiff with age and is drenched in a layer of clammy sweat, his sword moving even slower than when Daemon tries to practice with me. I don’t mind though, it just lets me tear his defenses apart.

On the eleventh strike his blade snaps only a few inches above the hilt, shock clear in his eyes when I follow through on my promise. First his left arm flops onto the mud with a splash of crimson, his right following before it even stops rolling.

Connington’s scream of agony doesn’t satisfy me like I had hoped. His wails only feel me with pity for a man my Father considered one of his best friends. For that reason alone, I end his pain with firm a thrust into the heart.

Riannex scorches the body and silences the murmuring refugees. She does wait for me to finish my speech before devouring it though. Or maybe she just wants to wait for her food to cool off first.

“My army is marching South. If you truly serve the Targaryens…” My voice is firm but my face welcoming as I watch the crowd carefully for any sign of dissent. “You will march North and make Dagger Lake safe for all to travel!”

“Ya said I yourself,” Shouts one of the Westerosi men, making his fellows chuckle awkwardly. “You’ve got the dragon. That’s all the proof we need.”

“My cousin and I have three.” I smirk as his jaw drops in shock. “We’re making the Rhoyne safe again and I intend for the Orphans to come home once we do.” That will be a good step towards making up one of Valyria’s wars.​

30. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

getting rid of the dothraki should probably end up causing an insane population boom. The various city states will probably start clamoring to get access to the huge tracts of now available farmland in the "grass sea". Hell youd have a huge population boom if all they do is start herding cattle on the land.

Flightless Man and ATP like this.