• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Who is Many - [Worm / Game of Thrones]

Can't you use a battlefield for sacrifices? Or a pirates raid? By dedicating those who die raiding your shores to the gods in return for strength and power you are only getting benefits!
Maybe, but the valyrians had an entire culture mass producing slaves that are than basically sacrificed, there is no real knowledge what of it was just wanting more power and what was required of them, for the example you gave, the old gods also love sacrifices but they don't require it, so sacrificing people dying in wars and raids could be of massive advantage, I suspect the weirwoods will grow faster, and we know the hammer of waters was the result of big enough sacrifice.

The gods of valyria on the other hand aren't exactly known, beyond the obvious that if you made contact with them and they help you, they can probably give you valyrian things, but their price is probably steep, how steep we don't know for sure.

What about a ritual at the beginning of a season that dedicates all those who die in said season to a specific God? As in those who die in winter are given to the summer gods to beg for the return of summer and those that die in summer are dedicated to the gods of winter so that the world may rest for a time.

What about a ritual at the beginning of a season that dedicates all those who die in said season to a specific God? As in those who die in winter are given to the summer gods to beg for the return of summer and those that die in summer are dedicated to the gods of winter so that the world may rest for a time.
That sounds like a cheap attempt by people not wanting to put the work, I suspect every god has its one method of sacrifice, the old gods require putting the corpses or blood on the trees, Rhllor want you to burn people, I suspect you can't just say those people, if anyone dies here, are yours.

Might have worked if they were killed in holy places, like I suspect you can do it if someone dies in a forest made of weirwoods, or if you die in the mines of the valyrian gods in one of their fourteen volcanos.

Death by drowning for example does give the drowned god something, as we know he did something to that clown without any interference from his priests when that clown drowned, but just saying those are yours is unlikely to work with any god in my opinion.

Venyr4434
Wow. Long ass chap, gonna need to reread this whole fic again.

Thanks for the update! Hope you're all doing well!
We're... moving along. Sometimes that's all you can really ask for. But we are happy to be able to do this.

PurgeTheXeno
It's aliiiiiiiive!!!
For now XD

John Grandt Markvard Høeg
Welcome back. One of my more favorite stories out there.
Happy to be back~

Jubjub3000
Thank you very much for this chapter!
You're most certainly welcome!

Psyraptor
Welcome back, great chapter, though im curious what event Ophelia proposed? Unless it was previously mentioned earlier in the story?
Which proposal are you referring to? We can tell you the event pretty easily, but brain fog seems to be kicking in, heh.

JohnSmithMIB
awesome! binged this earlier in the week and has some of the most unique potential of the ASOIAF/GOT FF out there, will always be glad to see more of this story.
The problem with potential is living up to it. We will do our best! We just hope that's enough.

Zachers Zachary
Yeees it's back and I can finally upload my fanart, hope y'all like it! Anyways gonna go read the chapter now, since I uploaded the image first
And as always, thank you friend!

mayorGoliat
Huh, Big Bobby B is acting... not like a drunken lout?

Also our dear Tay is a bit melancholy.

Edit: Also Tay talking about her old friends and world, imagine a pantheon based on the Undersiders, she firmly has her first believer, he's terrified but also compassionate.
Robert, when sober and with his kids, is actually a good dad in the books. The problem is that he needs to be, you know, sober. Thankfully he's having a good time and going slow on the booze for now.

SinSinNombre
Glad to see this posting again! Also glad to see Oberyn didn't do something stupid in that duel. I had a bad feeling going into that one : x
Jaimie was actually the gutsy one. Luckily his gamble was correct and he managed to throw his opponent off balance. As for Oberyn, we weren't gonna kill him so early.

DJMEGAMOUTH
God I can't remember anything about this but I loved it. What we're they doing before this?
Ophelia was invited to the North-North by the three eyed raven and learned she's a chosen one. Everyone else was getting ready for a tourney, dealing with a maimed Gendry (Ophelia angsting a bit more), and Thoros had a bit of a moment.

ATP
Good to see it again.
Sarella finding ancient horror - made it true,she need good husband.
And dire wolves as therapists - excellent idea.
Puppies are good. Very big puppies are very good. And warm too XD

Prognostic Hannya
It's nice to see Robert actually loving and bonding with Joffrey, Tommen, and Myrcella.
"whistles innocently"

ROTH963
She is good enough champion she can probably throw her weight with the old gods or the gods of valyria and they would be like, sure, here some blessings.

With the old gods she can use her command over insect and other animals to spread weirwood forest over all the continent in a few years (giving her warging continental scale), the gods of valyria are probably more into the making her individually powerful rather than increasing her reach (stronger magic, access to dragons, their steel and magical fortesses), those guys are probably the strongest sponsors there are, but I expect their price in sacrifices will be worse than Rhllor.
She's... been designed to fit a purpose. We can't reveal what purpose, but we have mentioned her bloodline. Speaking of, part of that will be brought up in the next chapter, so that's probably going to be a nice moment where the rest of it is hammered home.

Jubjub3000
Can't you use a battlefield for sacrifices? Or a pirates raid? By dedicating those who die raiding your shores to the gods in return for strength and power you are only getting benefits!
Magic has a cost. Though it's more like Magic has a Cost. There needs to be something given up. Remember when Ophelia burned her throat learning to conjur fire? Thoros needed blood to do half of what she did but Ophelia still needed to suffer for the knowledge. I would say she could sacrifice prisoners, but simply slaughtering her enemies wouldn't be enough unless she went out of her way to prepare them for sacrifice - ala Euron Greyjoy in the books.

ROTH963
Maybe, but the valyrians had an entire culture mass producing slaves that are than basically sacrificed, there is no real knowledge what of it was just wanting more power and what was required of them, for the example you gave, the old gods also love sacrifices but they don't require it, so sacrificing people dying in wars and raids could be of massive advantage, I suspect the weirwoods will grow faster, and we know the hammer of waters was the result of big enough sacrifice.

The gods of valyria on the other hand aren't exactly known, beyond the obvious that if you made contact with them and they help you, they can probably give you valyrian things, but their price is probably steep, how steep we don't know for sure.
They created man-beast hybrids, mass human sacrifice for rituals to create enchanted items, and they also used blood magic for scrying. And a lot of bloodshed in one place might magically empower a place, but it would be much less efficient than specific sacrifices.

Jubjub3000
Specific dedications like that would need to have specific offerings. If that ritual involved anointing individuals who are then guaranteed to die in that season? Sure, that might work. But more generically, no, I don't think so, because it would be natural deaths. Nothing was "given up".

The tourney events, her sister mentioned a few new events were being tried out for the first time at this grand tourney at ophelia's suggestion.

Oops! Our bad. So, it's not that big of a deal. Simple stuff like races and weight lifting contests and log throwing contests. Think of it like a mix of the highland games and a normal tourney and a bootleg classical Olympic Games.

WOOOO!!! Welcome back and thank you soo much for the giant chappie!

I'll be having a lot of fun imagining how the story will turn now that the Games are on.

also, i've been re-reading the last chapter to be sure i didn't miss anything and i believe i found a lil' error:

What I did… I felt their life be torn from them, like everything I ripped from their fles was twisted up into a ball and shunted into a splinter of Gendry's flesh."
This right here, i believe, i meant to mean lifes instead of fles.

Part of a circle of about eight girls, Ophelia Sand, clearly drunk, was spinning in a large circle and singing a sailor's song at the top of her lungs.

"-roll the old chariot along, roll the old chariot along, and we'll all hang on behind!"

Skin flushed, in even the low light of the tavern, the Dornish girl led a group of hollering Manderly-men in a joyous call for, what he assumed was, strong spirits and mutton stew. Perhaps a little more telling was the fact that the tavern, small as it was, had actually cleared up enough space for what looked like sailor's daughters to dance with the bastard.

"A night upon a whore wouldn't do us any harm, oh, no it would not!"

This line, still sung by the girls, got a particularly loud round of cheers… though half the reason might have been the fact that all of the girls chose that moment to kick up as one.

"No a drop of Nelson's blood wouldn't do us any harm!"
My head canon, given she's in the kings good graces, is that at some point during the night when she was wandering back, she was singing "Help me Bob, I'm bully in the alley" and giggling to herself.

Ohohohoho!!!! The time of updates is upon us! I really love what you've done with the whole crossover! Taylor being an emotional drunk and all the various characters interweaving with one another is such a damn delight to read :D. The taylor scene made my heart wrench though, like oof, ow, the cost of being a chosen one yeah. Also the way you've made this into genuine and nigh wholesome poly rep is just smothering me in joy x3

Hello folks. Chapter 18 is well underway, and as a thank you gift and preview for it, me and Alvor have decided to write something... spicier. It won't be in the next chapter but serves as a preview for it that those of you who enjoy the more... lemony aspects of the forum can enjoy. It's in another thread. So reminder that if you don't wanna read lemons, you won't be missing anything in the next chapter proper.

WOOOO!!! Welcome back and thank you soo much for the giant chappie!

I'll be having a lot of fun imagining how the story will turn now that the Games are on.

Indeed, the games are heating up as people start making their bids on power. Everything is a game, and everyone has second intentions. Even the Starks, even if Ned isn't playing.

My head canon, given she's in the kings good graces, is that at some point during the night when she was wandering back, she was singing "Help me Bob, I'm bully in the alley" and giggling to herself.

Bobby B to the rescue. Though normally he'd be the one needing Hangover cures.

Ohohohoho!!!! The time of updates is upon us! I really love what you've done with the whole crossover! Taylor being an emotional drunk and all the various characters interweaving with one another is such a damn delight to read :D. The taylor scene made my heart wrench though, like oof, ow, the cost of being a chosen one yeah. Also the way you've made this into genuine and nigh wholesome poly rep is just smothering me in joy x3

Ophelia is surrounded by people who loved her. That's what makes her different from Taylor, who had them but didn't trust them, or plain believed there were none. Ophelia has proof that she does, and thus her love for them is even stronger.

Gotta have the characters keep interacting. It's one of the strengths of this story.

I suppose the risk of a SFW version of a very NSFW property is that the posts are split, lol.

Always have to be careful. Not everyone is a lemon reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back