1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

OOC: Power and Purpose (RWBY/Dragon Ball Z SI RP)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Toxinvictory, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Threadmarks: Introduction and Characters
    Toxinvictory

Toxinvictory I trust you know where the happy button is?

Power and Purpose (RWBY/Dragon Ball Z SI RP)
    [​IMG]
    (Credit to http://redblacktac.deviantart.com/ for title art)
    The stars are bright and the shadows between them deep. Life must struggle to survive in this universe for the creatures called Grimm are ever pushing the boundaries of civilization.

The first coming of the Grimm in the ancient days destroyed uncounted lives, forcing a slow but steady march to extinction. Until desperation led to unity, and unity led to discovery of the tools that would help even the odds. The substance called Dust and the power of Aura. With these tools harnessed to serve, the myriad races carved out their bastions beating back the Grimm and using the breathing room given to build defenses and devise strategies.

In time the long war against the darkness of the Grimm has become a reality of life. With stellar empires armed there defenses manned the certainty of extinction and the unity that bought survival corroded.

Now the galaxy is divided, a patch work quilt of races and cultures, some humble bound to but a single world. Others vast including hundreds of planets. Largest among the powers are the twin giants of the Planet Trade Organisation and the Kingdom of Atlas.

No one people define life: Namekian, Tuffle, Heran, Arconsian and more share the universe. But some are found more commonly than others. The ancient race of Tuffles in the days before the Grimm came seeded the galaxy with their genetics resulting in hundreds of offshoots across the galaxy.

By the same token The Faunus, the result of lost genetic engineering technology have spread far. In the early days after the discovery of dust they were a slave race, kept as pets by the rich and powerful. Over the years they have clawed their way towards independence and rights, finally gaining a home of their own in the Menagerie system.

The current head of the Planet Trade Organisation is a being known and feared as the strongest Aura user alive Freeza. His rule is one of terror, taking the already expansionist and exploitative practices of the PTO to new heights.

In dark things stir and wait for their chance once again. Something powerful and old watches and decides to take action, 4 souls are pulled from the either and bodies in this reality. Whether there actions will change things remains to be seen.

The stars are bright and the shadows between them deep. Life must struggle to survive in this universe for the creatures called Grimm are ever pushing the boundaries of civilization.
    So this is a RWBY Dragon Ball Z fusion story and RP Game, players will be inserted into various characters across setting and given free rain to act as they please.

I will be accepting a total of four players. Players should be confident in their ability to write and have some knowledge of RWBY/Dragon Ball Z, though the second is not a hard-set requirement. If you are interested in joining please pick a number ranging from 1 to 4.

(Warning potential characters include both male and female options.)

The number will determine your character and starting situation. After I have a full complement of players I will post the IC thread and things can get started. Please be aware that characters of both genders are on the list. Your character can expend a total of 5 actions per turn the outcomes of which will be decided by dice and circumstances.

I am posting this story on Questionable Questing because I will be exploring adult themes and content in this narrative, that said the story will be more then just sex.

If you have questions ask them and I will do my best to answer.

Due to familiarity Slayer Anderson and Albus Leo have slots reserved.

Character Slots

1 Slayer Anderson - Sun Wukong
    2 rick1497 - Coco Adel
    3 Albus Leo - Neptune Vasilias
    4 Bashful_Walrus - Emerald Sustrai​

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Slayer Anderson likes this.
  2. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Umm... Character sheets?

While I know, enjoy, and play in both settings, I have no interest in playing a premade character. Best of luck.

Slayer Anderson and Toxinvictory like this.
  3. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Number 1, please!

Toxinvictory likes this.
  4. Toxinvictory

Completely understandable thanks for your time.

Glad to have you will have your character sheet posted shortly.

5. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I've never done an rp before, how do they work? Also, I would reserve slot number four, but I'm not entirely confident in my ability to write. I think that I can do some, but nothing high quality or particularly long. How much confidence is needed? I guess that I will hesitantly reserve slot number four for now. I'm assuming that you're going in order of the letters.

Edit: noticed that both genders were on the list. So this isn't the group that I though it was. Now I don't know what one I would want to hesitantly reserve given the option.

Also, I say hesitantly because I may want to unreserve if high levels of writting skill are needed.

6. Slayer Anderson

It depends on how detailed you want to get describing your actions.

As someone who's been in Toxin's RPs before, the general trend is that toxin writes up a prompt in the second person perspective (like a quest), then you (the player) writes up a description of what you think of what's happening, how you feel, what you want, what you intend to do, etc...

I've personally written an entry three paragraphs long, as well as one which was probably about fifteen pages. Those are both rather extreme examples, but should provide a good clue about the variable length your parts can get to. The GM prompts likewise vary depending on what all is happening to the player in question.

Finally, at the end of your section, you choose 5 things to do (unless you have penalties or bonuses to the number of your actions). Give a list of what you intend to do and how you intend to do it.

Toxin will roll for success/failure based on the difficulty of the task in general and environmental factors which might contribute to increased or decreased difficulty. The results will be Toxin's next writeup and prompt, which you (the player) will then respond to... and the cycle starts over again.

There are other things which can (and have) happened, but that's the general gist of how things go.

Edit: Of course, the GM and other players are generally available for helpful advice, etc... should you need it. Speaking from experience again, Toxin is pretty understanding about things.

rick1497 and Toxinvictory like this.
  7. Threadmarks: Slayer Anderson Character Sheet Sun
    Toxinvictory

Slayer Anderson's description is accurate, basically I will write pieces explaining your circumstances and the results of your actions, say you wake up with a concussion on the floor of a bar or a Grimm attack is underway. You write a piece relating to your reaction, thoughts feelings on your circumstances as a SI and decided what you want to do next, say you want to train a certain skill look into a rumour etc and then I respond and tell you how the actions turned out based on dice rolls.

A high level of writing skill isn't required, so much as the ability and inclination to write. I'm willing to take you on, if you feel that the format isn'too your liking then you can always step out and let another player take your place.

just clarify the four spots aren't the canon RWBY team, they are a selection of characters from across the setting, all RWBY originating. Members of the title team may be on the list, but you don't know who your picking until I submit your character sheets, thus allowing for random selection.

so I can give you character sheet no 4 if you want to take part. for example:

Slayer Anderson

You awaken in the body of
    Name: Sun Wukong
    Appearance: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...plate_2.png/revision/latest?cb=20161108002145
    Species: Faunus
    Weapon: http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Ruyi_Bang_and_Jingu_Bang

Location: You are in a sleeping bag lying on top of a metal box the size of a bus, around you is a dimly lit area wall's visible to your left and right and a ceiling into which lights are set above you. Their is a faint vibration running through the surface you rest upon and a distant rumble of machinery which convey a sense of motion. The room's dimensions are unclear from your current angle, not helped by the low lighting. But you can see more of the box's "shipping containers", something in your head whispers.

Your body is very fit, your night vision sharper than that of a normal human and you can feel a tingle of energy across your skin. A furred tail is part of your body. At the back of your mind is a well of memories waiting to be explored.

rick1497 and Slayer Anderson like this.
  8. Slayer Anderson

Corollary to that: toxin's job as the GM is to throw shit at us. Our job as the players is to deal with it in a timely and efficient fashion.
    ...ow, the pun. Oh, by the Journey to the West, the pun.

Toxinvictory, you should be ashamed of yourself! Yeah... I can see this going... interesting places. Have to see if I'm that 'Sun Wukong' or if 'Son Goku' is a different guy in this universe.

Whelp! At any rate, it looks like I'm going to be playing the resident blonde pretty (monkey-)boy!

KenNM and Toxinvictory like this.
  9. Toxinvictory

Well who else was going to be the first character on a RWBY crossover with a Journey to the West inspired story?

But seriously I'm glad your happy with the character you got and I think you'll enjoy what I have planned.

10. Albus Leo

Albus Leo Know what you're doing yet?

I suppose I will take 3 since slayer stole my tradition of taking 1.

You Bastard!

I swear if I get Rwby and you get a DBZ Character I will be ever so slightly annoyed.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  11. Slayer Anderson

Sorry, didn't know you wanted number one...:oops:

Anyway, toxin already posted my character profile, so #1 is Sun Wukong the monkey faunus (?) from RWBY.

If you were hoping for a DBZ character, then I think I took a bullet for you actually. Regardless, I'm fairly happy with Sun... and there's only one character I might bug someone/the GM to trade if they get.

...you know, now that I think about it, I'm curious if Sun in this universe is a faunus, a saiyan, or both. I suppose that's on the list of things to uncover.

Albus Leo and Toxinvictory like this.
  12. Toxinvictory

Glad to have you will submit your character sheet shortly.

So Slayer Anderson what character would that be out of curiosity?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  13. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I think that I will be participating. Based on the one assigned character, I have a couple thought. On one hand, I'm disappointed that I missed out on being one of the male characters, my probability is now only one in three of getting one, assuming an even distribution. And Sun is a fun character and a faunus as well. On the other hand, I'm glad that I don't have to worry about using Sun's weapons. Honestly, there are a few weapons that I am hoping to avoid having to use. Gantlets, scythes, and nun-chucks. Still, I will accept the character that I'm given, no real reason to complain.

Now I'm starting to metagame on who would be possible candidates. RWBY, JNPR, Sun, Neptune, and Penny all seem like possibilities. I'm guessing that you would avoid older characters because they would add other levels of power and social circles, complicating things. If you're including villains, Neo, Mercury, and Emerald are possibilities. If you're including some more minor characters, than maybe CFVY, with Coco and Velvet as the most likely candidates from that team. I suppose that the other teams seen in the Vytal festival are posibilities, but they seem minor enough that they don't have much to go off of. And I doubt that you would inflict the uselessness of CRDL on anyone. Personally, I'm guessing that you aren't including RWBY, and maybe not JNPR in your character list. It seems like you're avoiding main characters, which I can see some logic in. Of the characters that I listed, Neptune seems the most likely to be included, but that in't a guarantee.

I think I might as well grab character number 2. I literally have no way of guessing who is who here. I just hope it's somebody good.

Also, how often is participation expected? Once a day? A few times a day? Several times a day?

Toxinvictory likes this.
  14. Threadmarks: Albus Leo Character Sheet Neptune
    Toxinvictory

Glad to have you and I will post your character sheet shortly, There's no set time required for posting, Take however much time you need to write your response, no need to rush.

Albus Leo

Name: Neptune Vasilias
    Appearance: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne..._Normal.png/revision/latest?cb=20141223012144
    Species: Human
    Weapon: http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neptune's_Gun

Location: You awaken to cold air and a room of white stone, something akin to a one room apartment. You are sitting on the edge of a small bed, a suitcase sits to your left, a widow opening onto a landscape of white snow to your right. You can clear the clamor of voices outside, the growl of cars and the sounds of life. It seems you are in a city or settlement of some sort,

Your body is very fit and you can feel a tingle of energy across your skin. At the back of your mind is a well of memories waiting to be explored.

Albus Leo and Slayer Anderson like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Rick1497 Character Sheet Coco
    Toxinvictory

Okay rick1497

Name: Coco Adel
    Appearance: https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.ne..._Normal.png/revision/latest?cb=20151129193636
    Species: Human
    Weapon: http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Coco's_Handbag

Location: You wake to a sunrise over the sea, the horizon before you stained red and yellow. You are sitting on a stone bench at the top of cliff which overlook's a sea. The cries of bird's carry on the wind mixing with the sounds of waves lapping below. A handbag "your weapon" something in your mind whispers is next to you. A mobile phone or something that looks like one beeps on the bench next to you.

Your body is very fit and you can feel a tingle of energy across your skin. At the back of your mind is a well of memories waiting to be explored.

16. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

So I'm the one character in the entire series without a melee option.

Edit: OK, I've cooled off some from the frustration I had with getting the character nerfed the most by the change in setting (seriously, what good are guns in DBZ?). I'm just going to have to focus on getting a melee weapon and learning how to use it. Now what weapon do I want? Maybe a pole arm like a naginata or something.

17. Toxinvictory

I would point out that Coco's gun works perfectly well in the pure RWBY verse and its a viable weapon here (I'm not nerfing anyone), normal bullets aren't that effective against Grimm or Aura users true but armor piercing, high velocity, large caliber rounds backed up by a semblance are a different story.

18. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

It works in RWBY, but that doesn't mean it will work here. When anybody can use a ki attack, ki attacks will rapidly become more powerful than bullets, at which point a gun is useless. This is why I refer to her as being nerfed by the setting, her entire combat style becomes useless due to the existence of ki attacks.

19. Toxinvictory

Trust your GM. I do have a plan relating to the scaling of threats and your ability to handle them. Also your making some assumptions that aren't entirely accurate as to KI attacks and the viability of bullets as weapons. Once we get into the game itself things will become clearer, (just waiting on a fourth player and we can get started). But hey if you want to have your weapon adapted for melee use that's a perfectly valid path to take.

20. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

You're right, I should trust you more. I'm just having trouble seeing how bullets will be viable. Still, I'm definitely going to adapt it some for melee use. Come to think of it, it can already be used as a bludgeoning tool, so I just have to make it easier to hit people with.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  21. Albus Leo

No need to be sorry, tis just funny, because I've jumped on 1 in the last few.

Also, neither of us got a sayian, but I'll take a gun and a spear!

22. Albus Leo

Are you going to make an IC or should I post here?

23. Bashful_Walrus

Bashful_Walrus I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'll take slot 2 if it's still avaliable saw the other three with 4 3 and 1.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  24. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Actually, I switched from grabbing 4 to grabbing 2 instead. Still, depending on who 4 is, I may be willing to trade.

25. Bashful_Walrus

Shit I had 4as the original kept editing as I went through the thread didn't see when you changed the slot yet. I'm good with 4

Toxinvictory likes this.
  26. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I do wonder if we're allowed to trade, though. There are a few characters I wouldn't mind switching to, if the option were available.

27. Bashful_Walrus

Personally if it's a girl I'm going to have so much fun heckling around with people nobody will know It is I an actual man in a woman's body.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  28. Slayer Anderson

Feel free to call me a hypocrite for bitching about getting stuck with a girl so many times, but... Ruby Rose.
    I believe toxin said something about an IC thread once we had all the slots full, though if I remember his time zone correctly, he's probably asleep right now, so it'll probably be up in... about twelve hours? Just as a guess.
    It's not completely accurate to say that you don't have a melee option, you're just limited to CQC at the moment. Feel free to acquire a backup weapon at your earliest convenience or learn some more advanced hand-to-hand... though Coco doesn't get enough real spotlight in the show to say she isn't a master in some martial art... and this is an AU setting anyway, so...

Yeah, just go with what toxin said. He's pretty good about making sure you have some semblance of the tools necessary to do your job.
    Welcome to the RP! Glad to have you!

Toxinvictory and Bashful_Walrus like this.
  29. Albus Leo

After seeing several of his games trading has never been allowed so far.

30. Bashful_Walrus

Ohhhh I have so many ideas hehehahahahahahahaha

Toxinvictory likes this.