• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Chapter 31. A surprise I think New
Waking up I find Hestia no longer in her chair, I get off my chair and look out the window. It's dark out. I must have slept through the whole day.

That was the best sleep I've had in weeks. I wonder where my mom is as I look around the room. Absolutely nothing.

I changed my shirt as it was starting to smell from how long I'd been using it. As I was putting it on I heard a knock on the door.

Fully putting the shirt on I get my pen out of my pocket. There aren't many dangers around here but just in case I'm about to be assassinated I want to be careful.

"Hey kid open up, it's me, Hermes. I don't have all day, I have a package from your dad."

I didn't fully trust him as people could fake voices but I made sure to look through the window. I looked through and there he was, but what if he's a shapeshifter? Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

"Kid, I'm just going to leave the package on your door."

I immediately opened the door when he said that.

"Well there you are," he said tipping his hat," I must have just woken you up. Here's your package, see ya kid." He said, handing me a box.

He then disappeared in a gust of wind.

Looking down at the box I see a note on it.

It said "Your spoils of war, well done - Poseidon"

Closing the door behind me, I open the box on my bed.

Inside there was a golden brown duster coat and a vial filled with this foul-looking green liquid.

Inside there was another note.

It said "The vial has the chimera poison, it will paralyze anything it touches. Use it wisely - Poseidon."

This is a dangerous thing I'm holding in my hand, I need to make sure that it's somewhere safe. The only safe place around here is this cabin. No one but me or anyone with my dad's permission can enter this cabin. So I find a drawer and leave it in there for now.

Looking over the jacket I can't help but both dislike it and like it at the same time. I dislike it because it isn't my style. I like it because of the fact it will protect me from any fatal wounds from reaching me when I'm on a quest, which is mainly when I'm going to use it.

Disliking it because it's not my style is dumb but well that's me.

Putting it on I only wished it could be blue. I mean the other jackets I got from Ares are useful too. Just not as useful as the Nemean Lion pelt.

Looking at my backpack I chose to look at the other two jackets. I wanted to see the defenses they have.

As he is the god of war he should at least make it strong enough to deal with a cut.

I got the knife that Ares left in my backpack out and prayed to Tyche that this wouldn't be a mistake. I slashed my jacket and it didn't tear apart, it survived.

I wondered if it could survive against Riptide. Before doing that I thought to myself there could be a safer way to do this. I then got an idea.

I got one of the drachmas out of my backpack.

"Heads Riptide will cut right through it, tails the jacket will be just fine."

I then prayed to Tyche one more time, I felt like I was being chided as I did this. As if I took all my chances of the day.

The drachma landed on heads. Well, that's sad, guess he didn't want to go too far in giving me good gear.

Now that I think about it, it's sad that I will never be able to bring this backpack to school unless I take out everything inside, and out of the backpack.

This then led me to what Ares did with spatial manipulation. I wondered how it worked and what he did to the backpack to do such a thing.

I got everything inside the backpack out of it. I then started going through every nook and cranny I could see.

Sadly I didn't find anything that could show me how Ares did it, which makes sense. I don't know enough to be able to solve this issue.

I then put everything I took out back into the backpack. I kind of wish there was a way to basically switch the inside of the backpack. Like that one scene in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" where the character switched out the magic inside of his briefcase into that of a normal everyday item inside of it.

That would have been amazing but sadly it may never happen with this backpack.

I was about to leave the Cabin when I remembered something about how the harpies that clean up the place will do horrible things to you when you're outside of your cabin at night.

So I just chose to stay inside. I haven't practiced with my wall-crawler abilities much so this could be the perfect time to do so.

It's a good thing that this cabin is big, otherwise, it would be more annoying to try to climb the walls, pun intended.

I put my hand on the wall and focus on holding on.

I tried pulling my hand back but instead, it stuck, which is a good thing. I also wanted to see if I climb with electrostatic force or the Raimi trilogy wall crawling. Thankfully it seems I got the less hairy fingers one.

I then attempted to climb the wall fully. I ended up slipping a few times but I stayed. I then started scurrying around the room. It was funny how fast I was moving.

I then hear the door open and in comes my Mom. Well, I don't really know how to explain this now, do I? Actually, how did she survive the harpies, that doesn't matter right now I need to "escape".

I have a two-second window before she looks up. I slowly but carefully detach myself from the ceiling. I then drop down quietly.

I then started scurrying on the floor towards the window, I could just make up that I went for a walk. I really don't want to explain why I can climb on walls. At least not until I have a valid excuse.

I slide the window open and crawl out. A light breeze enters the room. I scurry out faster.

My mom looked in the direction of the window but by then she was too late I was gone, like the wind. This was kind of fun, felt like I was playing hide and seek. Ooh, what if I use this to start learning how not to get caught, to escape into the darkness? It'll be training.

I then go towards the door and open it.

She whips around to face me," Now where have you been young man, you don't seem to be in your bed."

"I went for a walk, and I should be the one asking that question. Where were you."

"Well if you must know I was dealing with Gabe," she then smiled," I got rid of him, and by getting rid of him I divorced him with the help of Chiron and Dionysus. Now he may be lazy but he is a good man, he was just dealt with a... bad hand," she said with laughter.

"This is AMAZING Mom," she then shushed me," Sorry, but still this is great news and with my business, we can buy a house and leave that apartment. Well once me and my business partner get customers of course. I'm thinking of moving our business to New York so that we can get the demigods in camp interested and not have to go all the way to Santa Monica. *GASP* Once I get enough money I can pay for you to finish college," I said.

"Calm down Percy, I know that this is spectacular but you shouldn't be the one paying for my college, I should be the one paying for your college besides I already have enough money from selling a statue that was in the living room," She said.

"Wait what, oh you got the Medusa head sent to you. Huh, I thought something else would happen to it," I said.

"It was sent to the apartment Percy, not to me," She said.

You know it says something when we're treating murder like a casual thing, but at the same time, we're talking about Gabe.

"You know this should have been the first thing you told me, before the divorce thing," I said.

"Oh well the divorce happened first but the day after the package arrived I saw him as a statue and well it all just fell into place," she said.

"Right, well, we have a lot to catch up on, so let's talk. No interruptions just us having a conversation," I said.

"Only for a few minutes," she responded.

For the next few minutes, I came to the understanding that Mom had quite the adventure while I was gone. Lady Luck must really love her if she's torturing Mr. D by being so nice.

I can't tell if she's doing this on purpose or not because she seems to enjoy making Mr.D slightly miserable but then she helps him out as if she was his personal therapist, just wow.

Last edited:
Chapter 32. Progressing New
It's been a few days since I arrived back home, and, well, things are... how do I put it... let's just say things are progressing. But why did it take me so long to recall a single word? Curse you, ADHD, the bane of my existence.

Anyway, I got off track, let's just get into the story, no need to waste time.

---

The sound of my mom's voice echoed through the empty apartment as she finalized the sale of the statue of smelly Gabe over the phone. I watched from the kitchen, relief washing over me as she said her farewells to the buyer, I couldn't bear looking at that statue anymore.

"Thank you so much for your interest, Mr. Johnson. I'm glad the statue found a new home," she said with a smile, her voice tinged with excitement.

After hanging up, she turned to me with a sigh. "Well, that's that. Goodbye, smelly Gabe," she said, a satisfied smile playing on her lips.

I offered her a happy nod before I turned my attention to the task at hand, to ask her to allow us to move from this apartment.

I cleared my throat, preparing to tell her.

"You know, Mom," I began, my voice tentative, "maybe it's time we left all this behind. Starting fresh somewhere new."

My mom glanced around the room, her gaze lingering on the faded wallpaper and worn furniture. "But Percy, this place holds so many memories," she said softly, a wistful smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "I remember when you were just a toddler, running around and causing mischief."

Her words brought a flood of memories rushing back – memories of simpler times before everything had gone wrong. But then, like a dark cloud looming on the horizon, the memory of Gabe's presence in our lives cast a shadow over our shared history.

"Yeah, but... Gabe ruined all that," I said, my voice tinged with bitterness. "He made everything worse, for both of us."

My mom nodded slowly, her expression somber. "You're right, Percy," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "Maybe it is time to move on, to leave the past behind us and start fresh somewhere new."

We stood in silence for a moment, each lost in our thoughts. Finally, my mom spoke again, her tone firm.

"Let's do it, Percy," she said, her eyes meeting mine with determination. "Let's find a new place, a place where we can make new memories and leave the past behind."

Immediately after we chose this decision a letter appeared right in front of us.

Looking at the letter I saw that it was signed with a small 'H' at the bottom, which left me both puzzled and grateful, as the only person I have met who could send something like this is Hermes. Opening the letter I saw how Hermes talked about how he was willing to help as my father asked if he could aid us. As well as how he would get himself in a bit of trouble if he got caught by Zeus, his father, for helping us. As I folded the letter and set it down, my mind raced with questions, but one thing was clear: my dad had found a way to look out for us, something that surprised me a little bit.

Beside the letter lay a stack of photographs, showcasing the exterior and interior of our new house in stunning detail. My mom and I exchanged a puzzled glance, unsure of what to make of this mysterious gift.

It was a charming two-story building with a red-brick exterior and a cozy porch that wrapped around the front. I couldn't help but marvel at the spacious interior, complete with hardwood floors and large windows that flooded the rooms with natural light.

"Well, this is very kind of them, but isn't this a bit much?" my mom wondered aloud, her brow furrowed in thought.

A second letter appeared in front of us as if it was prepared for a moment like this, the letter said that this isn't enough, that's just the start.

Before we could ponder the matter further, a shimmering light filled the room, and with a sudden rush of wind, we found ourselves standing outside our apartment, surrounded by boxes stacked high on the curb.

As we struggled to make sense of our sudden relocation, Hermes appeared before us, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Time to move, folks! Let's get you settled into your new home," he said with a snap of his fingers.

In an instant, the world around us blurred as we were transported to the front door of our new house. We stepped inside, taking in the spacious rooms and welcoming atmosphere.

But before we could explore further, Hermes snapped his fingers once again, and the boxes outside shuffled and rearranged themselves, their contents magically finding their way into the various rooms of the house.

My mom and I exchanged astonished looks as we watched our belongings materialize before our eyes, each item finding its place in our new home with uncanny precision.

"Consider it a housewarming gift from me," Hermes said with a grin," Oh and your Dad did a few things that may just keep the monsters away or anyone who bears ill intent away", he then tipped his hat and disappeared into thin air.

Exploring our new home was more fun than I thought it would be. Mainly because of how much thought was put into the house. The living room was spacious, with sunlight pouring in through the windows and casting warm patterns on the floor. It felt like a sanctuary, a place where I could finally relax and feel safe.

The kitchen was a welcome sight, with its gleaming countertops and modern appliances. I could already imagine my mom cooking up her famous blue chocolate chip cookies, filling the house with their delicious scent.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I made my way upstairs, anticipation bubbled within me. Each step brought me closer to discovering what lay beyond the door of my new bedroom. Pushing it open, I was greeted by a space that exceeded all my expectations.

The bedroom was spacious yet cozy, with soft, muted tones that lent an air of tranquility to the room. Sunlight streamed in through the window, casting warm rays across the hardwood floor. The bed, adorned with crisp blue linens, beckoned invitingly, making me want to just sleep right then and there.

A desk nestled in one corner caught my eye, its surface clear and waiting for me to fill it with my belongings. Nearby, a bookshelf stood tall, its shelves begging to be filled with stories and adventures yet to be discovered.

But it was the view from the window that truly took my breath away. From here, I could see the rest of the neighborhood.

As I took in the sight before me, a sense of gratitude washed over me. Hoping that in the future I can find a meaningful way that I can thank Hermes and my Father.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over our new neighborhood, a gentle knock echoed through the halls of our home. Curious, my mom and I exchanged puzzled glances before making our way to the front door.

"Hi there, I'm Anne. I thought it would be nice if I greeted the new neighbors, welcome to the neighborhood," she then looked down at her tray, "Oh, here my niece and I made some pie," she introduced herself, extending her hand towards my mom. "Nancy, come say hi."

A girl with curly red hair and blue eyes that held a twinkle of mischief walked towards the door. She had a smirk on her face as she greeted my mom, "Hey there, I'm Nancy. Hope you enjoy the pie."

"Oh, well thank you for the nice housewarming gift, and it's very nice to meet you both." My mom said with a smile, though I could sense a hint of wariness in her tone.

Nancy's eyes then met mine with a playful gaze. "Percy," she said, her voice teasing.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her playful tone. "Nancy," I replied, trying to keep my voice neutral.

As we exchanged curt nods, Anne glanced between us, her curiosity piqued. "Do you two know each other?" she asked, her tone laced with intrigue.

I nodded, meeting Nancy's gaze with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, we go to the same school," I explained, trying to keep the conversation brief.

Anne nodded in understanding, a smile playing on her lips. "Well, isn't that a small world," she remarked, before turning back to my mom to resume their conversation.

"Hey, Percy! Fancy meeting you here," Nancy said, her smirk widening as she glanced at me.

I sighed inwardly, already feeling a sense of familiarity with her. "Yeah, what a coincidence," I replied, my tone flat.

As we engaged in banter, I couldn't shake the feeling of tension between us. Nancy seemed to take pleasure in needling me with her playful remarks, and I struggled to maintain my composure in the face of her relentless teasing.

As the evening wore on, Nancy and I found ourselves exchanging playful comments and sarcastic jabs, each of us enjoying the verbal sparring match.

...NEXT MORNING

As the sun rose on our second day in the new neighborhood, casting a warm glow over the streets, I found myself waking to the comforting aroma of pancakes wafting through the air. Stretching lazily, I threw back the covers and made my way downstairs, eager to start the day with a hearty breakfast.

As I entered the kitchen, I was greeted by the sight of my mom flipping blue pancakes on the griddle.

"Morning, Percy," she greeted me with a smile, her eyes twinkling with happiness, "Blue pancakes for breakfast today. Your favorite!"

I grinned at the sight of the vibrant blue pancakes sizzling on the griddle, the tantalizing aroma filling the kitchen and making my stomach rumble in anticipation. "Looks delicious, Mom," I said, taking a seat at the table and eagerly awaiting my breakfast immediately putting a sea of syrup on it.

Just as I was about to take my first bite, a sharp knock at the door interrupted the tranquil morning scene. Setting down my fork, I glanced towards the door in annoyance, wondering who could possibly be disturbing our breakfast.

"I'll get it," I offered, pushing back my chair and making my way to the door.

As I swung it open, I was greeted by the sight of Nancy standing on the doorstep, her playful grin firmly in place.

"Hey there, Percy. Mind if I come in?" she asked, her tone dripping with playful sarcasm.

I chuckled at her antics, already feeling more at ease with her presence. "I guess," I replied, stepping aside to let her enter.

As Nancy stepped into the house, I couldn't help but notice the mischievous glint in my mom's eyes as she observed our interaction.

"Hello Nancy, come on in. Would you like some blue pancakes?" my mom asked, her tone polite but with a hint of amusement.

"Blue pancakes? Seriously?" Nancy replied, her tone incredulous as she eyed the plate on the table.

"Don't knock it till you try it," I say while chewing.

"Percy, swallow your food, then talk," my mom said sitting down to join me.

"Hmm, well alright, I guess I'll try it," says Nancy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After our awkward breakfast with Nancy, I couldn't wait for the day to be over. However, fate had other plans as Nancy seemed destined to stick around.

As we finished eating, Nancy leaned back in her chair with a satisfied smirk. "Well, that was very delicious thank you, Mrs. Jackson," she remarked.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, "Thanks for the food, Mom."

Then my Mom said the one thing I didn't want, "Why don't you two go out and explore the neighborhood? It's a beautiful day outside," she suggested with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

Nancy and I exchanged wary glances, both of us reluctant to spend any more time together. However, neither of us wanted to disobey my mom, so we begrudgingly agreed to her suggestion.

As we stepped outside into the warm sunshine, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. Nancy walked beside me, her presence like a dark cloud looming overhead.

"So, Percy, any idea where we should start?" Nancy asked her tone falsely sweet.

I shrugged, trying to keep my responses as brief as possible. "I don't know, why don't you pick?" I suggested, hoping to pass the responsibility onto her.

Nancy's smirk widened as she glanced around the neighborhood, her eyes scanning the surrounding houses. "How about we pay a visit to the park? It's not too far from here," she suggested, gesturing towards a green space in the distance.

I reluctantly agreed, knowing that it was better than spending the day cooped up indoors with Nancy. As we made our way towards the park, the tension between us was palpable, each of us lost in our thoughts.

When we finally reached the park, Nancy wasted no time in making herself at home. She strolled around with an air of arrogance as if she owned the place.

I followed behind her, keeping my distance and trying to ignore her snide remarks. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air.

As we wandered through the park, I couldn't help but notice the curious glances from the other kids. It seemed that Nancy's reputation preceded her, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of embarrassment at being associated with her.

On our little adventure, Nancy's sarcastic comments filled the air like a dark cloud. "So, Percy, tell me, how does it feel to be the new kid in town?" she asked, her tone laced with mockery.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I didn't want to be here at all, but since my mom asked, I couldn't say no. I forced a tight smile and replied, "Oh, you know, it's not so bad. Just trying to settle in and get used to everything."

Nancy snorted in response, her orange-freckled nose wrinkling in amusement. "Settle in, huh? Good luck with that," she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes, choosing to ignore her comment. Instead, I focused on the scenery around us, trying to find some semblance of peace amidst Nancy's relentless snark.

Eventually, we found ourselves at a secluded spot near the edge of the park. Nancy flopped down onto a bench with a satisfied sigh, gesturing for me to join her.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I wanted to subject myself to any more of her company. However, I knew that I couldn't just leave her alone, so I reluctantly took a seat beside her.

For a while, we sat in awkward silence, neither of us willing to break the tension that hung in the air. Eventually, Nancy spoke up, her voice surprisingly soft.

"Look, Percy, I know we don't exactly get along, but maybe we could try to make the best of this situation," she said, her tone almost hesitant.

I was taken aback by her unexpected sincerity, unsure of how to respond. After a moment of hesitation, I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess you're right. We might as well try to get along," I agreed, though I couldn't help but feel a sense of skepticism.

Nancy nodded in response, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Great, so... do you like any sports?" she asked her tone more casual now.

I shrugged, grateful for the change in topic. "Yeah, I play a bit of soccer. What about you?"

Nancy grinned, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I'm more of a basketball girl myself. Maybe we should challenge each other to a game sometime," she suggested, her tone teasing.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the idea. "Sure, why not? It could be fun," I replied, feeling a sense of camaraderie beginning to form between us.

As we sat together, I couldn't shake my curiosity about Nancy's sudden appearance and her decision to spend the day with me.

"So, Nancy, if you don't mind me asking, why are you staying with your aunt?" I inquired, trying to sound casual.

Nancy sighed, her expression turning somber. "Well, my dad sent me to live with her. That's pretty much it," she replied, her voice tinged with a hint of reluctance to delve into details.

I sensed there was more to the story, but I didn't want to push her. "I see," I said softly, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

Nancy shrugged, trying to brush off the topic. "Yeah, it's whatever. Let's not dwell on it," she said, offering me a faint smile.

I nodded, respecting her wish to change the subject. "Well, I'm glad you decided to visit me today. It's been... unexpected," I said with a small chuckle.

Nancy grinned, the tension between us easing slightly. "Yeah, it's been an interesting day, that's for sure," she replied, bumping shoulders with me playfully.

"You know what I just noticed, You're just as much of a new kid as I am," I said with a smirk.

"Hmm, heh, I'm not so sure about that but you can believe what you want," she said giving me a smirk back.

As we started walking back, my curiosity got the better of me, and I couldn't resist asking Nancy about her sudden visit.

"So, Nancy, I'm just curious, why did you decide to visit me today?" I inquired, trying to sound nonchalant.

Nancy paused for a moment as if considering her response. "Honestly, I needed a break from the usual routine. Plus, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get to know the 'new kid in town'," she replied with a shrug, her tone casual.

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her answer. "The new kid, huh? Lucky me," I joked, though a part of me couldn't shake the feeling that there might be more to her visit than she was letting on.

Nancy chuckled, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Hey, don't flatter yourself too much," she teased, bumping my shoulder playfully.

We continued our walk, the question lingering in the back of my mind. Despite her casual response, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to Nancy's visit, something she wasn't telling me. But for now, I decided to let it go and enjoy the time we had together.

As we walked back to my house, the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting a warm orange glow over the neighborhood. Despite the tension that had hung between us earlier in the day, I found myself surprisingly at ease in Nancy's company.

As we approached my front door, Nancy turned to me with a playful smirk. "Well, Percy, it's been... an experience," she said, her tone tinged with amusement.

I chuckled, unable to suppress a smile. "Yeah, it has been," I replied, feeling a sense of camaraderie growing between us.

Before I could say anything else, Nancy's phone beeped loudly, interrupting our conversation. She glanced down at the screen, her expression turning serious.

"Sorry, Percy, I gotta take this. It's my aunt," she explained, her tone apologetic.

I nodded understandingly, though a part of me couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment at the sudden end to our day together. "No problem, Nancy. Thanks for hanging out with me today," I said sincerely.

Nancy flashed me a quick smile before answering the call, her voice taking on a more serious tone as she spoke to her aunt.

As Nancy disappeared into the house to take her call, I couldn't help but reflect on the events of the day. Despite our rocky start, Nancy and I had managed to find common ground, and I found myself looking forward to the possibility of future adventures together.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the street, I couldn't help but feel a sense of optimism about the future. Who knew what adventures awaited me in this new neighborhood?

After she left I went to the bathroom to do an Iris message.

The iris message flickered to life before me, casting a bright glow. I watched intently as Crusty's image materialized in front of me, his features bathed in the rainbow projection, illuminating the room.

"Hey, Crusty," I greeted, my voice carrying a note of importance. "Got a minute to chat?"

He grunted in response, his expression guarded as he studied me. "What's on your mind, Percy?"

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts before plunging into the heart of the matter. "I've been thinking, Crusty. About our business."

His eyebrows shot up in a mixture of curiosity and skepticism dancing in his eyes. "Hmm, speak your mind, what about our business."

"New York, Crusty," I said emphatically, leaning forward in my chair. "We need to move to New York."

He leaned back, folding his arms across his chest as he considered my proposal. "New York, hmm."

I launched into my reasoning, my words tumbling out. "Think about it Crusty, do you think that any of our customers will go on a week-long trip when they can just walk for a few hours and reach our shop."

He nodded slowly, his expression thoughtful. "I see what you're saying, Percy. But what about my waterbed business?"

I smiled, feeling a surge of optimism coursing through me. "I think you mean our Waterbed business and any way that things old news, no one buys them anyway. So what we need to do is pivot, Crusty. We adapt. We start offering mattresses and beds, not Waterbeds. It's the same thing, but something people buy, we need to cater to a wider audience. Along with a lot more money that the waterbed business couldn't bring."

His eyes gleamed with understanding, a hint of excitement sparking to life within them. "I like the sound of that, Percy."

I grinned, feeling a sense of camaraderie building between us. "Exactly, Crusty. Together, we can make this happen."

"But where do we start?" he asked, his brow furrowing.

I leaned forward, my gaze intent as I outlined my plan. "I've got connections, Crusty. At Camp Half-Blood. I could make a deal with some Pegasus. They'll provide us with feathers for pillows, find out what they want, probably something along the lines of snacks."

His eyes widened in surprise, a newfound respect gleaming in his gaze. "Only 12 years old and you're already so proficient in the business world. I can call in a few favors. Get us the resources for the mattresses."

"Great," I exclaimed, relief flooding through me at his cooperation. "Now, there's one more thing we need to address."

Crusty arched an eyebrow, his curiosity piqued. "What's that?"

"Our image, Crusty," I replied, my tone turning serious. "Your attire, it's... how should I put this... weird. We need to make our customers feel comfortable."

He bristled at the suggestion, but I held his gaze steady, refusing to back down. "Fine," he grumbled reluctantly. "I'll tone it down, put on a "normal suit" or something."

"Thank you, Crusty," I said, grateful for his willingness to compromise. "Now, about where we will do our business, along with our main source of income..."

He interrupted with a suggestion of his own. "We'll need a building. Somewhere inconspicuous. And a secret room for the stretching."

I nodded in agreement, already wondering how long it would take till I found just the right building. "I'll start scouting for properties. Keep me posted on your progress with the resources."

With a final nod of understanding, we concluded our conversation.

After the call ended, I found myself poring over real estate listings, and since I can't use a computer I checked community bulletin boards, grocery store notice boards, and local cafes for real estate advertisements, as well as checking local newspapers and real estate magazines, my mind buzzing with interest as I searched for the perfect location for our new venture.

But amidst the flurry of activity, a nagging doubt began to gnaw at the edges of my consciousness. What if the plan didn't work out? What if we couldn't secure the resources we needed, or worse, what if Crusty reverted to his old ways?

I shook my head, banishing the negative thoughts as best as I could. I had come too far to let doubt hold me back now. With determination coursing through my veins, I returned to my search with renewed focus, determined to find the perfect location for our new business.

Hours passed in a blur as I sifted through listing after listing, weighing the pros and cons of each potential property. And then, just as I was beginning to feel the strain of the day's efforts, I stumbled upon it: the perfect building.

Nestled in a quiet corner of the city, it was inconspicuous yet charming, with ample space for our operations and even a hidden room for our special services. A grin spread across my face as I realized that this was it – our future headquarters.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for the inevitable irritation that would greet my iris call. I went to the bathroom and made a rainbow, it then changed into the familiar image of Crusty, his expression already etched with annoyance.

"That was fast, what do you want?" he grumbled, his tone as gruff as ever.

I couldn't help but smirk at his predictability, though I knew better than to let my amusement show. "Hey, Crusty," I greeted him, then jokingly said, "Got a minute?"

His brow furrowed at my nonchalant demeanor, but he grunted in acknowledgment nonetheless. "Get on with it kid."

Leaning forward, I launched into my pitch without a preamble, outlining my latest revelation about the property in New York and my proposal for us to secure it together.

When I finally finished, there was a moment of silence as Crusty processed my words. "Huh," he grunted at last, a hint of begrudging respect in his tone. "Not a bad place, kid."

I couldn't help but grin at his reluctant approval, a surge of satisfaction coursing through me. "Thanks, Crusty. I knew I could count on you."

His expression softened slightly at my words, though he quickly masked it with a gruff snort. "Don't get too cocky, Percy. We've still got a lot of work to do."

With that, he ended the call, leaving me to bask in the glow of our growing partnership.

And as I leaned back in my chair I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride in how far I've gone, hasn't even been a year and I've done so much already, I wonder what's next.

Well...maybe I shouldn't have wondered what would happen next, I chose to go on a walk after the call, and... things aren't going so well right now.

*Whoosh*

Ducking under a punch I aim for the stomach. You see I'm currently avoiding being kidnapped right now. These guys just drove up to me in a van and just expected me to hop in. What a bunch of idiots, so I just ran to an alley so we wouldn't be out in the open.

The weird thing is that they don't seem to be normal kidnappers oh no they're not because from what I can tell they're all demigods. Which makes me ask the question, where did they come from? They can't be from Camp Jupiter because they don't have the SPQR tattoo.

The other group could be Luke, HIM, and his army. There's one more group that comes to mind that could have planned this and if it's them then I might just be screwed.

I haven't thought about them much as they currently aren't much of a threat. The group I'm talking about is The Triumvirate, a shadow government introduced in the 'Trials Of Apollo' book. I didn't remember much of the book, only snippets.

Although I am concerned, I remain confident in my ability to handle whatever situation comes my way. I have no idea what they want from me, but I am ready to face them head-on if need be.

Oh, who am I kidding they'll probably kick my ass, I'm screwed. Sending a bunch of lackeys to deal with me, probably to see what I'm made of, no that's dumb they should already know what I've done. So what was the point of this?

*Whoosh*

"Hey watch it, I'm trying to think here," I say before I smack my attacker hard on the head.

Finally getting out of my stupor I look around and see all the bodies that surround me, around 15 guys I think.

"Huh, you guys are either really weak or I'm really strong. I don't know which to pick," I say.

"Well I would love to just leave you guys sprawled on the ground regretting your actions but it would probably be better if I called the cops," then I realized the mistake I just made, I can't call the cops because then the monsters would reconvene in my direction. I could probably deal with them but these guys with how weak they are could die. With the number of demigods here they should have arrived by now.

"Hmm, whatever any of you got a phone by chance," I rummage through the pockets of a few of them and find no phone," well I guess I'll just have to find an innocent civilian, I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves," all I heard were groans.

Walking out of the alleyway I looked around and was about to ask them to call the cops till a thought came to mind, what if, and hear me out, what if I just told Chiron that I was attacked by a group of demigods, he does a little investigating, finds out the truth, and then deals with a bit of the problems I'm facing.

Walking back into the alley I was about to do an iris call till I felt a buzzing at my neck. I barely dodged a slash to my head and skidded to a fault.

Looking at my assailant I notice what kind of get-up they had. Some heavy black armor with a black halberd.

Ducking under a swing of the sword, I can't help but smirk despite the tension coursing through me. This fight might be a challenge, but I've faced worse.

"Nice getup, but it's a bit flashy for a back-alley brawl, don't you think?" I quip, my voice steady despite the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

As my opponent charges towards me again, I rely on my combat training to evade their attacks. My bronze sword feels like an extension of my arm as I parry their blows and counter with swift strikes of my own.

"Come on, you can do better than that! I've seen scarier puppies," I taunt, my confidence growing with each successful dodge and strike.

I then got close to them, hitting them in the head with the hilt of Anaklusmos.

They stagger back, momentarily thrown off balance, and I seize the opportunity to press my advantage. With a flurry of well-aimed strikes, I keep them on the defensive.

"Seriously, is there a discount on bad fashion choices that I'm not aware of?" I continued to taunt, my words punctuated by the clang of metal as our weapons clashed.

But as the demigod regains their footing and launches another assault, I know I can't afford to get cocky. With a focused determination, I brace myself for the next round, ready to face whatever challenges lie ahead – and maybe even come out on top.

As I attempted to dodge a particularly vicious swing of the halberd, my foot caught on a loose cobblestone, sending me stumbling backward with a curse.

"Whoa, note to self: watch out for loose stones!" I quipped, rolling to the side just in time to avoid a nasty gash from the blade.

Shaking off the momentary setback, I sprang back into action, determined not to let a little stumble dampen my spirits. With renewed focus, I redoubled my efforts, ducking and weaving through their attacks with all the grace of a seasoned acrobat.

The clang of metal reverberated through the narrow alley as I danced on the edge of danger, dodging and parrying blows from my assailant. Their halberd whistled through the air, its deadly edge a constant threat.

With the agility of a spider, I leaped and twisted, narrowly avoiding each strike. "Is that the best you've got?" I taunted, my voice laced with bravado even as my heart pounded in my chest.

But my confidence faltered as I felt the sting of a glancing blow against my arm. Pain shot through me, but I pushed it aside, focusing on the task at hand.

With a quick flick of my wrist, I summoned water from a nearby puddle, shaping it into a whip that lashed out at my opponent. They recoiled, caught off guard by the unexpected attack.

"Surprise!" I grinned, using the distraction to close the distance between us. My sword, Anaklusmos, flashed in the dim light as I slashed and stabbed with precision.

But the demigod was no pushover. They countered each of my strikes with ferocity, their halberd a whirlwind of danger.

As the battle raged on, I found myself pushed to the brink. My Spider-Man-like reflexes saved me more than once, allowing me to narrowly evade fatal blows.

With every ounce of strength I had left, I fought on, each blow a testament to my determination. The odds may have been stacked against me, but I refused to back down.

But just as victory seemed within reach, the assailants I had downed earlier emerged from the alley, ready for another round. My heart sank as I realized I was in for round two – and this time, I was already feeling the strain of battle.

"Looks like the party's just getting started!" I quipped, adrenaline coursing through my veins as I faced down the new threat.

As the demigods closed in on me, I braced myself for the onslaught, gritting my teeth against the pain of my injuries. They may have caught me off guard, but I wasn't about to go down without a fight.

With a defiant shout, I launched myself into the fray, every blow fueled by equal parts adrenaline and determination. Despite my weakened state, I refused to let them gain the upper hand.

"Sorry, fellas, but you're no match for the sheer tenacity of yours truly!" I quipped between punches, my words laced with a hint of determination.

And slowly but surely, my efforts began to pay off. With each demigod that fell, I felt a surge of triumph, pushing me forward even as exhaustion threatened to drag me down.

Finally, with one last decisive strike, I sent the remaining assailants reeling, their defeat echoing through the alley like a victory bell. With a weary sigh, I surveyed the aftermath of the battle, feeling the weight of my injuries settling in. I then saw the halberd-wielding demigod come back.

As the halberd-wielding demigod lunged forward with a vicious thrust, I sidestepped just in time, feeling the rush of air as the deadly blade sliced through empty space. With a swift, fluid motion, I spun on my heel, bringing Anaklusmos crashing down in a powerful arc.

The demigod's eyes widened in surprise as my blade met theirs, the clash of metal ringing out like a bell in the silence of the alley. With a grunt of effort, I pushed forward, the force of my strike driving them back a step.

But they were quick to recover, retaliating with a swift swipe of their halberd. I ducked beneath the blow, feeling the whoosh of air above me as the deadly blade narrowly missed its mark.

With a surge of adrenaline, I lunged forward, closing the distance between us in an instant. My Spider-Man-like agility came into play as I dodged and weaved through their attacks, each movement calculated and precise.

But it was my control over water that turned the tide of battle. With a flick of my wrist, I summoned a torrent from a nearby puddle, sending it crashing into my opponent with the force of a tidal wave. Even if it took a huge amount of energy to do so.

Caught off guard by the unexpected assault, the demigod staggered back, their grip on their halberd faltering. Seizing the opportunity, I pressed my advantage, driving forward with relentless determination.

With a final, decisive strike, I brought Anaklusmos down in a powerful overhead swing, the blade connecting with a resounding clang. The demigod stumbled, their weapon slipping from their grasp as they fell to their knees, defeated.

Breathing heavily, I stood over my fallen adversary, my heart pounding in my chest. I stood victorious amidst the chaos, my breath ragged and body weary, but unbowed.

Catching my breath, every inhale and exhale seemed to synchronize with the throbbing of my bruises and the pulse of my adrenaline. My muscles ached from the exertion, yet the rush of triumph couldn't be denied. Despite the pain, a grim smile found its way across my face; battered, maybe, but unbeaten.

I knew I needed to make the most of this moment—the adversaries were temporarily incapacitated, and this was my chance to dig into why they targeted me. The Triumvirate's involvement suggested a deeper, darker game at play. They manipulated from the shadows, steering the events of our world without revealing their hands.

First things first, though—I had to ensure my immediate safety and try to glean some insights into their plans. I limped over to the halberd-wielding assailant, who seemed the least unconscious, picking up his halberd which in my hand transformed into a vintage stopwatch, and putting it in my pocket. I then nudged him with my foot.

"Hey," I said, my voice carrying a mix of sternness and fatigue, "who sent you?"

The demigod groaned, his eyes fluttering open, as lost in confusion as the aftermath of our fight. I sharpened my tone and repeated the question.

"It's... it's not like they tell us their plans," he muttered, a blend of pain and reluctance coloring his words. "They just said you were a target... important for the next step."

"Next step?" My interest spiked, and despite the pain, I leaned in closer. This was the first tangible clue I had. "What next step?"

His eyes darted around nervously. "I don't know all the details. They don't trust us with much—just that it'd shake the foundations of what we know... about the gods, about the camps."

A chill ran down my spine at his words. The implications of his statement were immense, potentially affecting not just me but every corner of our demigod alliances. I needed to warn Chiron, and possibly more than just him. This was about more than my safety now; it was about the safety of our entire community.

Something that was annoying me was the fact that I had no place to leave them. So I made an Iris call.

I made sure that I found a place in the alley where I could rest for a moment and made an Iris call for Clarisse, now I know what you're thinking, why would I do that, well because she would probably be happy that we even have prisoners.

"Prissy, what do you want, I just got out of training?" she asked in annoyance.

"Would you like to hold some prisoners?" I asked back.

"Wait what, Tell me where you are?" She asked.

"I'm at xxx, just grab them and bring them to camp or something, I was able to incapacitate them. It'll probably take a few hours before they wake up. I'm just going to walk home now."

"Uh, alright, I'll tell Chiron about this. Uh, be careful prissy you don't look too good."

"Okay, yeah just get here," I said as I waved my hand ending the call.

Dragging my weary body down the dimly lit streets, I couldn't shake the adrenaline-fueled rush of the battle. Every step sent a jolt of pain through my battered muscles, a stark reminder of the close call I'd just narrowly escaped.

The city seemed to blur around me as I trudged onward, the sounds of distant traffic and faint streetlights flickering overhead like distant stars in the night sky. Blood trickled from a gash on my forehead, staining my clothes in dark crimson as I fought to keep my weary limbs moving forward.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I reached the somewhat familiar sight of my new house looming ahead in the darkness. With a weary sigh of relief, I approached the modest two-story structure, its weathered facade bathed in the soft glow of the moon.

Careful not to alarm my mother with my late-night return, I scanned the area for any signs of movement before making my way to the side of the house. With a grunt of effort, I hoisted myself up to the second-floor window, the cool night air chilling my skin as I slipped through the narrow opening.

Inside, the room was dimly lit, with the faint glow of the moon filtering through the curtains. The space was sparsely furnished, with a simple bed against one wall and a small desk cluttered with books and papers. A faint scent of lavender lingered in the air, a comforting reminder of home.

Collapsing onto the floor with a grunt, I allowed myself a moment of respite, the events of the night swirling in a chaotic whirlwind of emotion and exhaustion.

I couldn't help but marvel at the simplicity of my bedroom. The room was sparsely furnished, with a neatly made bed against one wall and a small desk cluttered with books and papers. A lone window overlooked the quiet street below, its curtains drawn against the darkness of the night.

Collapsing onto the bed with a weary groan, I allowed myself a moment of respite, the events of the night swirling in a chaotic whirlwind of emotion and exhaustion. It's funny, not even a day in and I'm already being attacked. I just hope that they were too incapacitated to follow me.

Dragging myself to my feet, I stumbled toward the nearby cabinet, my fingers fumbling as I searched for the small block of ambrosia hidden within. With a triumphant grunt, I finally seized the precious substance.

Holding the ambrosia I took a bite and savored the familiar taste of my mother's blue chocolate chip cookies, the delicious flavors washing over me like a wave of nostalgia. With each bite, I could feel my strength slowly returning, the wounds of battle beginning to mend.

With newfound energy coursing through my veins, I made my way to the bathroom, the cold tiles cool against my bare feet. Filling the tub with cold water, I sank into its depths with a grateful sigh, the shock of the chill sending a shiver down my spine.

Closing my eyes, I let the icy embrace of the water wash over me, the tension draining from my muscles as I allowed myself to relax. For now, at least, I was safe.

As I soaked in the cool water, trying to ease the ache in my bruised body, a gentle knock on the bathroom door interrupted my solitude.

"Hey, Percy, everything alright in there?" My mom's voice floated through the wooden barrier, laced with concern.

"Yeah, Mom, just taking a bath," I replied, trying to sound casual despite the twinge of pain that shot through my side.

There was a brief pause before she spoke again, her voice filled with curiosity. "So, how was your day? Did you do anything fun with Nancy?"

I hesitated, not wanting to worry her with the details of my recent encounters. "Oh, you know, we just went for a walk and talked, nothing special," I said, hoping she wouldn't press further.

But as I shifted in the tub, a sharp pang of discomfort sliced through me, causing me to wince involuntarily.

"Percy, what was that?" My mom's voice was instantly on edge, her concern palpable.

"It's nothing, just a little sore," I replied quickly, trying to downplay the pain.

But she wasn't convinced. "Let me in, Percy," she insisted, her tone firm.

Reluctantly, I pushed myself to stand and put on my pants as it would feel weird to stand there without them in front of my mom, and opened the door, I didn't bother to put my shirt on as it wouldn't really matter, revealing my battered form to her shocked gaze. Her eyes widened in alarm as she took in the bruises and cuts that marred my skin.

"Percy, what happened to you?" she gasped, her hand flying to her mouth in disbelief.

I swallowed hard, unable to meet her gaze as I muttered, "I was attacked."

Her expression softened with compassion as she stepped closer, pulling me into a gentle embrace. "Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry," she murmured, her voice thick with emotion.

As she held me close, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Despite the chaos and uncertainty swirling around us, in that moment, all that mattered was the warmth of her arms and the comfort of her presence.

After a moment, she pulled back, her eyes filled with determination. "I'm calling Chiron," she declared, her voice leaving no room for argument.

I nodded, grateful for her support, as she turned and headed for the living room to retrieve her phone. As I sank back into the water, I couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude for her unwavering love and protection.

As I watched my mom retreat to the living room to make the call, a sense of relief washed over me. Despite the chaos of the night, knowing that Chiron would soon be here filled me with a newfound sense of hope.

Hours seemed to pass in a blur as I waited anxiously, the faint echo of my mother's voice drifting through the walls as she spoke with Chiron through the Iris Message. With each passing minute, my anticipation grew, until finally, I heard the sound of a car arriving at our house.

I rushed to the window, my heart pounding with anticipation, and watched as Chiron emerged from the darkness, his majestic form silhouetted against the moonlit sky. He got out of the car, with the help of Argus, he was seated in a wheelchair, his expression grave but determined.

I went down the stairs to see him, my mom got there before me but granted she had been waiting there for a while.

When he took notice of me he gave me a reassuring smile, though there was a hint of weariness in his eyes. "Are you alright my boy?"

"Feeling a bit wobbly, but I'll straighten up soon enough. Thanks for asking, though."

Once inside, Chiron wasted no time in getting down to business. "Tell me everything, Percy," he said, his tone serious as he listened to my account of the night's events. My mom was on the sideline listening to everything.

I recounted the unexpected attack in the alley, the frantic battle that ensued, and my growing concern about the identity of our assailants. As I spoke, Chiron listened intently, his expression growing more solemn with each passing moment.

When I had finished, he nodded thoughtfully, his gaze fixed on the distance as he pondered the gravity of the situation. "This is troubling indeed," he mused, his voice tinged with concern. "It seems that we are facing a new threat, one that we cannot afford to underestimate."

"And you're sure they were demigods?" Chiron's voice was measured, his tone betraying none of the emotions swirling beneath the surface.

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn't see me. "Yeah, it was pretty clear from their weapons and fighting style. Plus, they mentioned something about shaking the foundations of what we know about the gods and the camps."

There was a brief pause as Chiron processed the gravity of my words. Then, with a sigh, he spoke again, his voice tinged with a hint of resignation.

"This is troubling news indeed, Percy. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will need to discuss this matter with the others and formulate a plan of action."

I nodded, grateful for his swift response. "Yeah, whatever you need me to do, I'm ready."

"Good," Chiron replied, his voice filled with pride. "But for now, I think it's best if you focus on resting and recovering from your injuries. We'll reconvene in the morning to discuss our next steps."

I nodded in agreement, my mind racing with the possibilities till I remembered something, "what will you do about the prisoners?"

He placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, his touch grounding me in a sense of calm. " We will interrogate them and find out everything they know," he said, his voice steady with resolve. "But for now, rest. Tomorrow, we begin our investigation in earnest."

As Chiron turned to leave, I disliked the fact that I couldn't just tell him everything I knew but there's no way he would believe it.

Closing the door behind him, I made my way back to the bathroom once more, the cool water of the tub beckoning me with its promise of solace and healing.

The morning sun cast a golden hue over the quiet neighborhood as I prepared to leave for Camp Half-Blood. My backpack was packed with essentials, and I double-checked to make sure I had everything I needed for the journey ahead.

As I made my way downstairs, the atmosphere in the house was heavy with tension. My mom stood in the kitchen, her eyes filled with concern and sadness as she watched me. There was a weight to her gaze, a silent acknowledgment of the dangers that awaited me beyond the safety of our home.

"Good morning, Percy," she said softly, her voice tinged with sorrow. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

I forced a smile, though the uncertainty gnawed at me. "Yeah, Mom, I'm ready," I replied, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

Just as I was about to head out the door, the sound of footsteps echoed behind me. I turned to see Annabeth Chase, her blonde hair gleaming in the morning light, standing in the doorway with a determined expression on her face.

"Percy, it's time to go," she said, her voice firm but reassuring.

I nodded, grateful for her presence. With a final glance at my mom, I stepped outside, feeling a pang of sadness at the thought of leaving her behind.

As we approached the waiting car, I noticed Nancy lingering nearby, her gaze fixed on Annabeth with a curious intensity. I felt a knot form in my stomach, knowing that Nancy's sharp eyes had likely picked up on the tension between us.

Nancy's eyes narrowed as she watched Annabeth, her expression unreadable. "Who's that?" she asked, her voice tinged with suspicion.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond. "Oh, uh, she's just... a friend," I replied evasively, hoping to deflect Nancy's attention.

But Nancy wasn't so easily fooled. "She doesn't look like just a friend," she remarked, her tone sharp with skepticism.

I shifted uncomfortably, searching for a way to explain without giving too much away. "Look, Nancy, it's complicated," I began, but before I could say anything else, Annabeth stepped forward, her gaze locked with Nancy's.

"I'm Annabeth," she said, her voice cool and composed. "And you are?"

Nancy's eyes narrowed at the introduction, her expression guarded. "Nancy," she replied curtly, her tone giving nothing away.

For a moment, the two girls regarded each other with wary suspicion, a silent tension hanging in the air. I shifted uncomfortably, unsure of how to defuse the situation.

Thankfully, Annabeth spoke up before things could escalate any further. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Nancy," she said, her tone polite but distant. "But we really should be going."

With that, Annabeth turned and headed for the waiting car, leaving Nancy and me standing in awkward silence. I glanced back at Nancy, feeling a pang of guilt at the way I had left things between us.

"Look, Nancy, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you more," I said, my voice soft with regret. "But there are some things that I just can't explain right now."

Nancy nodded, her expression softening slightly. "I understand, Percy," she said, her tone gentle. "Just... be careful, okay?"

I gave her a grateful smile, touched by her concern. "I will," I promised, though a part of me wondered if I could keep that promise.

With a final nod, I turned and hurried after Annabeth, casting one last glance at Nancy before turning away and giving her a wave. One she gave back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As we settled into the car, the tension between Annabeth and me seemed to linger in the air, palpable and thick. I cleared my throat, trying to break the silence that stretched between us like a taut wire.

"Hey, Annabeth, um... how have things been since... since I've been gone?" I asked tentatively, as I tried to start a conversation.

Annabeth glanced at me, her expression guarded. "Fine," she replied shortly, her tone giving nothing away.

I swallowed nervously, feeling the weight of her curt response. "Oh, okay," I muttered, unsure of what else to say.

"How about camp how have things been in camp?"

Annabeth's gaze flickered to me briefly before returning to the passing scenery outside the window. "Busy," she replied shortly, her tone giving nothing away.

I nodded, though her response left me feeling hollow. "Yeah, I can imagine," I muttered, my mind racing with thoughts of everything I had missed while I was away.

The silence that followed was suffocating, weighing heavily on my shoulders as I struggled to find the right words to say. "I, uh, I missed you, you know," I blurted out, my voice raw with emotion.

Annabeth's grip tightened on the strap of her backpack, and for a moment, I thought she might snap at me. But then, to my surprise, she let out a heavy sigh, her shoulders sagging slightly.

"I appreciate that, Percy," she said softly, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "But right now, we need to focus on the task at hand."

I nodded, swallowing back the lump in my throat as I realized that our conversation had reached its end. With a heavy heart, I turned to gaze out the window, the weight of our unspoken words hanging heavy in the air between us.

The car rumbled on, the road stretching out before us like an endless ribbon of asphalt. The tension between Annabeth and me seemed to simmer beneath the surface, the weight of unspoken words hanging heavy in the air.

After what felt like an eternity of silence, Annabeth let out another heavy sigh, her shoulders slumping as if burdened by an invisible weight. "Percy, I... I missed you too," she admitted quietly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Surprise flickered across my face at her unexpected confession. "You did?" I asked, unable to hide the hope in my voice.

Annabeth nodded, a hint of sadness tugging at the corners of her lips. "Yeah," she murmured, her gaze fixed on her hands clasped tightly in her lap. "I'm sorry I've been so... distant. I've just been... stressed, I guess."

I reached out tentatively, placing a hand on her shoulder in a gesture of comfort. "It's okay, Annabeth," I said softly, offering her a reassuring smile. "We're all dealing with a lot right now."

She met my gaze, her eyes searching mine for a moment before a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Thanks, Percy," she replied, her voice warmer than before. "I appreciate it."

With the tension between us finally beginning to dissipate, we fell into an easy conversation, trading stories and jokes like old friends reunited after a long absence.

The car rumbled on, the tension between Annabeth and me slowly dissipating as we delved into conversation. However, just as we began to relax, the atmosphere shifted abruptly. A sense of unease crept over me, prickling at the back of my neck like the warning before a storm.

Without warning, the car screeched to a halt, and the sound of snarling filled the air. My heart leaped into my throat as I realized what was happening—monsters, lying in wait, ready to strike.

"Get down!" I shouted, instinctively reaching for Anaklusmos, my trusty bronze sword, as the first wave of attackers lunged toward us.

Annabeth was quick to react, brandishing her bronze knife with precision as she leaped out of the car, her eyes blazing with determination.

But before she could fully defend herself, a monstrous creature knocked her aside, sending her crashing to the ground with a sickening thud.

"Annabeth!" I yelled the moment Annabeth fell, my heart clenched with fear, but there was no time to dwell on it. I rushed to her side, fending off the creatures with all the strength I could muster. Fury surged through me, every strike with Anaklusmos fueled by the need to protect her.

Argus, unleashed his brute strength upon the creatures, his massive form a formidable barrier between them and Annabeth. But still, the monsters kept coming, their relentless assault pushing us back with each passing moment.

I exchanged a glance with Argus, a silent understanding passing between us. We couldn't hold out much longer on our own.

With renewed determination, we fought side by side, our weapons flashing in the dim light as we pushed back against the horde. But for every monster we struck down, two more seemed to take its place, their numbers overwhelming.

And then, just when it seemed like we might be overrun, the sound of approaching footsteps echoed through the night. With a surge of hope, I realized that our campmates had arrived, drawn by the commotion of battle.

With their arrival, the tide began to turn. Together, we fought with renewed vigor, driving the monsters back with each coordinated strike.

But still, the battle raged on, the monsters refusing to relent even in the face of overwhelming odds. Argus and I fought on, our strength waning with each passing moment, but our resolve unyielding.

It was only when the last of the monsters lay defeated at our feet that we allowed ourselves to breathe a sigh of relief. The danger had passed, for now.

As we caught our breath and tended to our wounds, I couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards my campmates. Their timely arrival had turned the tide of battle, saving us from what could have been a much darker fate.

I turned my attention back to Annabeth, lying still on the ground where she had fallen. With a heavy heart, I knelt beside her, gently checking for any signs of injury.

"Annabeth," I called softly, my voice filled with concern as I reached out to shake her gently.

Slowly, her eyelids fluttered open, revealing tired but alert eyes. She blinked a few times, trying to focus on her surroundings before her gaze finally settled on me.

"Percy," she murmured, her voice hoarse with exhaustion.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my heart pounding with relief at the sound of her voice.

Annabeth nodded weakly, trying to sit up with my help. "I think so," she replied, wincing slightly as she moved.

I offered her a reassuring smile, relieved to see that she was conscious and relatively unharmed. "Take it easy," I said gently, helping her into a more comfortable position. "We've got everything under control now."

Annabeth nodded, leaning back against the ground with a tired sigh. "Thanks, Percy," she murmured, her eyes drifting closed again as exhaustion began to take its toll.

I stayed by her side, keeping a watchful eye on her as the rest of our campmates worked to secure the area and tend to the wounded.

As the adrenaline of battle began to fade, a sense of peace settled over us, mingled with the sweet relief of knowing that we had emerged from the ordeal together.

As I sat there, with Annabeth resting peacefully beside me, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the bond we shared.

As we gathered in the Big House, the atmosphere was heavy with tension and exhaustion. Annabeth sat beside me, still recovering from the battle we had just faced, while Chiron stood at the head of the room, his expression grave but composed.

Mr. D lounged lazily in his chair, a can of Diet Coke in hand, his eyes half-lidded as he surveyed the room with a disinterested gaze. His lips curled into a sardonic smirk as he took in the sight of us, battered and weary from the night's events.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" he drawled, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Another thrilling tale of heroism and monster-slaying, I presume?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his snarky remark, knowing that arguing with him would only be a waste of time. Instead, I turned my attention to Chiron, who stood tall and composed, his expression thoughtful as he surveyed the room.

"Thank you all for gathering here," Chiron began, his voice calm and measured. "As you are all aware, we faced a significant threat tonight—one that required the combined efforts of everyone in this room to overcome."

He paused, allowing his words to sink in before continuing. "But our victory tonight also serves as a reminder of the importance of unity and cooperation within our camp. We must remain vigilant and prepared for whatever challenges may lie ahead."

Mr. D rolled his eyes, taking a long sip of his Diet Coke before interjecting with his usual dose of sarcasm. "Oh, how touching," he muttered, his tone dripping with disdain. "I suppose we should all hold hands and sing 'Kumbaya' while we're at it."

Chiron shot him a reproachful look, his expression firm but patient. "Mr. D, while your sarcasm is duly noted, I believe it's important for us to acknowledge the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in."

Mr. D waved a dismissive hand, though there was a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Oh, spare me the lectures, old man," he scoffed. "I've heard it all before."

Chiron sighed, but he didn't rise to the bait. Instead, he turned his attention back to the rest of us, his expression thoughtful. "In light of recent events, I believe it would be wise for us to increase our patrols and fortify our defenses," he suggested, his voice calm but authoritative. "We cannot afford to become complacent."

The gravity of Chiron's words hung heavy in the air as he spoke, his wisdom and experience guiding us through the aftermath of the battle. I exchanged a glance with Annabeth, a silent acknowledgment passing between us as we both recognized the seriousness of the situation.

"It may not be a coincidence," Chiron continued, his voice grave as he addressed the room. "Percy as many of you know was attacked just the night before, and now this ambush. We cannot ignore the possibility that this hidden organization is targeting him with intent to kill."

"Yeah he's right, prissy over there called me over an iris call, asking me to bring them to camp. All of this in two days is dangerous," remarks Clarisse.

"This group seems to want to shake the foundations of what we know... about the gods, about the camps," Chiron adds.

Annabeth's brow furrowed in concern, her gaze fixed on Chiron as she processed his words. "Then it has to be connected, right?" she asked, her voice tense with apprehension.

Chiron nodded solemnly, his expression thoughtful. "I fear, that yes they are connected," he admitted. "We must remain vigilant and investigate any leads that may shed light on the situation."

As the weight of Chiron's words settled over us, a sense of determination began to stir within me. Those behind these attacks would have to be dealt with, I knew that I couldn't afford to sit idly by and wait for the next strike.

"We need to be proactive," I declared, my voice firm as I addressed the room. "We can't wait for them to come to us. We need to find out who's behind these attacks and put a stop to it before anyone else gets hurt."

There was a murmur of agreement from the others, their faces grim but resolute. Together, we would face this new threat head-on, united in our determination to protect our camp and those we cared about.

Chiron nodded in approval, his expression proud but tinged with concern. "Very well, Percy," he said, his voice tinged with pride. "But we must proceed with caution. We do not yet know the full extent of our enemy's capabilities."

I nodded in understanding, the weight of responsibility settling over me like a heavy cloak.

Then someone barged into the meeting room.

"What is the meaning of this interruption?" asked Chiron.

"Sir, the prisoners," a boy said out of breath," they've escaped."

"Well jolly good, some more entertainment," said Mr.d

Everyone then looked at him in annoyance.

"What, there's nothing good on TV," he remarked.

<10,725 words in text>

This is the latest chapter since I took a hiatus

Last edited:
You know waking up in a void isn't exactly what I thought would happen today. I mean I don't know my name or family. Just know a weird amount of stories. I mean really what do you need so many books for?

I don't know what to do. I mean I can't do anything but think. I could review the stories and books in my head. I just noticed I don't have hands. I'm just a little ball of light. Heck, I'm just really calm right now.

"Hey you numbskull"
You could delete this chapter, start from chapter two, without the first few lines, and it'd be better. The rob introduction was played out a ddcade ago, and jumping straight into the action makes a better story.

You could delete this chapter, start from chapter two, without the first few lines, and it'd be better. The rob introduction was played out a ddcade ago, and jumping straight into the action makes a better story.

My cousin gave me an idea of if I ever make another story, I could come back to annoy the void, who maybe, eventually become empathetic to everything after so many people ruined his sleep, but that's just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back