• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Phylo's snippets

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Trying to write, ideas to just build up my skills until one day I can use them to have a small income out of it for my studies.

It's a testing platform for me to learn and for you to profit from ! Also gimme likes, it make my brain release happy chemicals haha.
Last edited:
Filling a vacuum - Chapter 1 - Harry Potter S.I. New

Phylonemios

Smug Sunhat-tipper
Author's note : Hello people ! It's my first time trying to write something (and not giving up halfway) and going on a universe I've always know intimately, I hope it will please you !

Of course, Harry Potter doesn't belong to me, it's only a base to build off.

You must understand, that beyond the whimsical, fantastical or grim isolated bubble that is the Wizarding World, is that they face a depletion of resources. Plants, animals, background strength of Magic, naturally occurring magical places... I'm sure you are asking, "But it's Magic ! Couldn't they (the wizards) magic up something ?". Well yes, but actually no.

Magic at the end, is just a unknowable force that can be used, asked or commanded to make miracles but it's linked at it's most basic on "Mystery". It's a combination of "why not ?", unexplored lands, wilderness, of luck and inhuman beings and infinitely more. That's why it's called Magic, it's unique in it's designation, we can't really put a pin in it or else it's wouldn't be magical anymore, heh.

With the encroachment of the mundane side everywhere, isolating more and more the humans and magical beings or creatures from each others, Magic is forced to give ground to a "New world order" we could say, since the crucifixion of the Christ. But let's not dive into the implications of this for now.

Now, nature abhors a vacuum, especially Magic. It may disappear, move, be twisted..., but it will never accept to stop existing. If it disappear, then it's somewhere else. And as you may conclude, with how the "muggles" as the wizard say, encroach everywhere on the planet, the back flow of Magic building up is titanic and still rising. And we can't deny that it is not at least a bit sentient.

So, what does it do ?
Well make a Miracle of course ! With a M, because we must distinguish small miracles and Miracles, domains of the Gods. Of course there is gods ! Be it God or gods. If there is Magic, why isn't there is anything else ? To accept it's existence, you must stay open or you will stop fascinated with it ! Why else wizards are bonkers, or life will become, boring, mundane, not magical anymore !

So it decided to take a soul wandering from nowhere, let's say beyond the Veil of Death located at the Department of Mysteries because where does it lead ? Good question I know.
Let's work on it a bit, make a reality-warping and miracle-making chunk of pure crystallized Magic, because what's better to wield it than itself ? And stuff the soul in the chunk. At the end, Magic doesn't have a proper consciousness and why bash your head with a perfect solution when a simple one is possible ?

Now, if the soul is what you call a "self-insert" or at least know a bit of the world through stories, what does it matter ? It's even better ! Because someone who has dreamed of Magic all of their life, always wondering and being a virgin of it, crude words aside, is better to use it ?

An absolute neutral party, taken from outside the universe, who will not heed simplistic and two-dimensional point of views coming from a book or movie can do wonder and horrors that Magic can promise ? To rekindle the lost flame of it, and perhaps expand it further to reclaim lands from the mundanes ones, to introduce a whimsical, eccentric and utterly illogical new part of the world to explore ?!

~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

"... And that's how I ended as a chunk of crystal. Thanks for the add convenient memories." say our plucky crystal.
So, as a chunk of crystal here to rekindle Magic !™, and without a convenient system of numbers, because of course Big M doesn't care about math at the end of the day, I need to try to do things with the available power to me.
Of course, I may be underground, but it looks like the Chamber of Secrets, you know where the big snake (a Basilisk !) corpse is lounging. Still look good for a corpse abandoned.

Since I skipped conveniently the added panic before getting the cool magic memories that helped me ground myself, I have a checklist to accomplish.
Where I am, of course under Hogwarts in the C.o.S. since the architecture is something almost every nerd can claim to know, when and what to do.

"Now, I just need to kludge together a mean of observing things... I could take inspiration from water divination I guess ? There is the pool of water, and I can wander 'invisibly' as if I am free-floating camera, throw some magic and intent should do the thing ?" grumble our protagonist.
Luckily for me, my state of being make it easy to "think of it" and it happen exactly like I want it. A bit of power to start-up, feelings of wanting to know, to see, show, an idea of the location and an active link to keep powering the spell.
I don't need it for me to show the interior of Hogwarts, I don't even know if there are wards or anti-scrying spells, so I can just focus on seeing a TV report of the day in the United Kingdom. Simple right ? No need to go through hoops of magical defenses when you have a simple available solution.
*krsshh*

Strange to hear the crackling of an old TV, perhaps it's an influence of my subconscious ? Would be fascinating to know more on how other people make it react differently- Ah, it's picking up.
"... And I wish you a happy new year, of the new millennia !"

"Fuck."

Afterword : Here we are, a small snippet, wasn't especially inspired, the words didn't flow out of me but I will continue to try things.
Don't hesitate to correct me (English is not my first language), criticize or even ideas to propose ! Just don't expect smut from me, I just don't have the will to try haha, perhaps more horrifying things but first I need to develop my writing skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back