• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pokemon Dark Tidings

This was an awesome chapter. Sure he got saddled with Karen cause of Agatha but lets be honest she's the only lady the poor bastard can be around long turn due to his aura(unless you have Hex Maniacs start flocking to him as potential gym trainers). And its so cool that he now has an Annihilape. Its probably one of the most metal Pokemon ever. I mean seriously its so angry it overcomes its racial tolerance for it and then dies and yet is to angry to stay dead. I cant wait to see the publics reaction when he unleashes Akuma(perfect name by the way) in the Conference. Brunos reaction will be interesting to since its a fighting type.

Hah, I'm almost thinking of having the Elite Four watching one of his gym fights from afar and watch Bruno and Agatha both go a bit nuts at seeing that Pokemon, Agatha having to tell Bruno to back off her territory.

Hah, I'm almost thinking of having the Elite Four watching one of his gym fights from afar and watch Bruno and Agatha both go a bit nuts at seeing that Pokemon, Agatha having to tell Bruno to back off her territory.
Be funny if nothing else. Though I think the evolution method needs to be smoothed out a bit before its made known to anyone. Cause well if anyone else did what he did then all they would do is have a very pissed Ghost after them.

Be funny if nothing else. Though I think the evolution method needs to be smoothed out a bit before its made known to anyone. Cause well if anyone else did what he did then all they would do is have a very pissed Ghost after them.

Yeah... Also with the view on Pokemon rearing and training as it is... People not Agatha wouldn't take it well to hear it's basically bully and piss of your Pokemon enough it literally dies of anger and comes back because of how fucking pissed it is.

Not exactly something you tell the little ten year olds heading out for their journey lol

Uh... How exactly does he hold all the cards? Yeah he has knowledge she wants. But she's also an Elite four, war hero, absolutely terrifyingly skilled, with enough influence his gym dream is dead in the water from one word by her.

Like it isn't exactly like sitting with a dictator and telling them no, but it isn't that far off either.

Hence why he tried to make a deal to get away without having to give everything.

Well unless she was going to physically extort him all she really has is making his life difficult through her official position. Our boy on the otherhand is sitting on untold amounts of knowledge. Seems like more then just agetha woulda be lining up to make deals. I mean she tries screwing with him, I'd imagine any professor from any region would jump all over him. Hell worse comes to worse he just does the cut off your nose to spite your face. Seems like the ghost type thing to do ya know. Someone acts like that and tries to demand essentially all your secrets you basically say get fucked I'm not doing shit with you... Right? Dunno just rubbed me wrong.

Well unless she was going to physically extort him all she really has is making his life difficult through her official position. Our boy on the otherhand is sitting on untold amounts of knowledge. Seems like more then just agetha woulda be lining up to make deals. I mean she tries screwing with him, I'd imagine any professor from any region would jump all over him. Hell worse comes to worse he just does the cut off your nose to spite your face. Seems like the ghost type thing to do ya know. Someone acts like that and tries to demand essentially all your secrets you basically say get fucked I'm not doing shit with you... Right? Dunno just rubbed me wrong.

Yeah that's basically something that never happens anywhere except bad fanfics or real life morons.

Sinking all your own dreams and hopes just to spit in the face of someone way more powerful then you only works if you have a way to pull it off.

Note that he basically got a deal where he can actually hide most of his most important secrets by just not being in your face with it with Karen - or even possibly subverting her at some point. Giving her first pick of his farm is more of a great deal for him considering the kind of reputation boost it would be for his business.

Going literally fuck you Agatha I'm doing my own shit. Would work great...

Until she pulls his league license and takes all his Pokemon. Not like it would be hard to make up something. Maybe the dead body he found outside Lavender or the rockets he killed. Agatha finding 'new' information to take his license.

I mean that's just one avenue she could fuck him. And what could he do to stop it really? Now is it likely she'd go that far. No. Should he have tried to piss her off by refusing any cooperation? Also no.

Well, a different venue for Primeape's evolution would lie in it being too pissed at something too strong for it to one-punch that is an impending threat to its life and that of their 'friend/shit-talker/trainer/fellow monke.

It would also be quite a hat trick, due to the whole ... you know, being at risk of impending death going on for it.

In short, it'd be the pokemon that'd showcase either a trainer's balls, or a trainer's wish for suicide.

'Cause I doubt that antagonizing your Primeape would lead to it hugging you if it were another trainer! :V

That said, lmao at Akuma's 'revenge' on Ezra once it realized the purpose of the whole 'antagonism' thing it endured. With Ezra's fellow ghosts figuratively pointing their fingers at him and laughing at his expense.

Thanks for the chapter!

Uh... How exactly does he hold all the cards? Yeah he has knowledge she wants. But she's also an Elite four, war hero, absolutely terrifyingly skilled, with enough influence his gym dream is dead in the water from one word by her.
Counterpoint let her think she's "killed his dream" then go off and train some place secluded until your pokemon are capable of beating her for her title and go run your gym, instead he's let a spy into his camp so Agatha can leach his secrets off of him like a parasite to make herself stronger.
He could also apply a restraining order against her since her and her apprentice have been creepily stalking him all over the region. or use the pokedex to record the conversation discreetly and when she starts threatening him simply release that recording the the public.

Counterpoint let her think she's "killed his dream" then go off and train some place secluded until your pokemon are capable of beating her for her title and go run your gym, instead he's let a spy into his camp so Agatha can leach his secrets off of him like a parasite to make herself stronger.
He could also apply a restraining order against her since her and her apprentice have been creepily stalking him all over the region. or use the pokedex to record the conversation discreetly and when she starts threatening him simply release that recording the the public.

There's this disconnect where people seem to believe that because the MC is the MC he can just ignore the most powerful people in the world.

I mean, I'm sure there's plenty of people that could try and record Putin and the like as well, for some reason they don't seem to be doing that? Probably because it's a very bad idea.

I mean really? You
expect the public to take his side over Agatha? The league?

WIth Ghost and Dark Pokemon having a bit of a reputation it wouldn't take any effort to cast him like a bad guy - throw in the whole he's an albino with red eyes as well and sure, everyone's going to fall over themselves to be on his side... Come on. Are you serious?

The Elite Four and the Pokemon League has almost full power over every aspect of their culture, and they're just going to give up and fall over because some kid is whining Agatha is too rough on them?

One word from Lavender Town on this scary kid can control Ghosts and not only will people be on Agatha's side that he needs to be press ganged into her service - they'd probably want him arrested if he said no, for public safety.

Again, even if you are on the side of right - if you were in a meeting with someone with almost full power over you - just flat out saying no and refusing to even negotiate is just...

As for having a spy, yes, he has a spy. One he knows about. One he has run circles around, one he knows not to showcase his shadow for. Yes is it annoying? But it's hardly like he needs to show her all of that is it? He wasn't going to use that power in the gyms anyway.

I mean, again it's not an exact analogy - but if you had been living in Iraq and Saddam Hussein wanted you to do something. Would you try and get a restraining order? Tell him to fuck off? Tape him to release it to the public?

While Agatha isn't a dictator out to execute him for flat out refusing. She has tons of levers she could pull it he refused to even cooperate a little. Including pulling the danger to society card and try to get at him from that angle.

I get you want him to just be kickass and win or something. But I mean, if you were in a meeting with one of your world leaders, you wouldn't be so quick to just say fuck no fuck off bitch, and you're a damn liar if you say you would.

Last edited:
There's this disconnect where people seem to believe that because the MC is the MC he can just ignore the most powerful people in the world.

That's true she's obviously very powerful although not powerful enough to stop a 10 year old from steamrolling her. Agatha's power and influence should be limited to kanto and Johto so simply leave the region. I heard the Newmoon Island in Sinnoh are nice this time of year :cool: .

The Elite Four and the Pokemon League has almost full power over every aspect of their culture
I don't think Agatha wants to push him towards a life of crime and trying to press gang somebody is the best way to make them do things they would never consider.

While Agatha isn't a dictator out to execute him for flat out refusing. She has tons of levers she could pull it he refused to even cooperate a little. Including pulling the danger to society card and try to get at him from that angle.

no I'd perform the Saotome secret technique 😅 And with a Pidgeot he can move pretty fast.

That's true she's obviously very powerful although not powerful enough to stop a 10 year old from steamrolling her. Agatha's power and influence should be limited to kanto and Johto so simply leave the region. I heard the Newmoon Island in Sinnoh are nice this time of year :cool: .

I don't think Agatha wants to push him towards a life of crime and trying to press gang somebody is the best way to make them do things they would never consider.

no I'd perform the Saotome secret technique 😅 And with a Pidgeot he can move pretty fast.

Which again is all very nice. If it mattered at all. You're again inserting yourself into it and thinking that matters?

I'm unsure why you read fanfiction or stories in general if you're response to adversity is why aren't they just running away and spend a few years training somewhere else?

So he should just give up on his dream because things are a little harder?

So I suppose you'd enjoy this story if Ezra was a complete bitch and ran off to Sinnoh deciding to just give up on everything he's set in motion and start over somewhere new at the first sign of conflict.

You might think that running away and starting over somewhere else is an option, but where in this story has it ever seemed Ezra would be okay with that?

Hence why I'm saying you're projecting yourself into this story, because nothing in this story says Ezra would make that choice.

Also make up your mind? Agatha was steamrolled? Your entire complaint was that he gave in at all...

He's also a teenager, not 10, have you read this at all or just the last chapter? You seem to have a lot of misconceptions.

Last edited:
He's also a teenager, not 10, have you read this at all or just the last chapter? You seem to have a lot of misconceptions.
That was me referencing Red from the game where you as Red start your journey as a preteen and apparently beat all the gyms leaders and the elite four and the champion before your even a teenager.

So I suppose you'd enjoy this story if Ezra was a complete bitch and ran off to Sinnoh deciding to just give up on everything he's set in motion and start over somewhere new at the first sign of conflict.
The Sinnoh was me suggesting he go pick up the full dark type legendary (darkrai) pokemon. there are also several ghost type legendary such as Marshadow, Lunala, and Giratina. Since the oc seems perfectly happy using his knowledge of the games and series it's confused me why he doesn't use it in this application:confused: . Furthermore he doesn't have to be the one getting involved technlcally what Agatha was demanding information on are proprietary secrets and no smart dictator demands corporate secrets from an international company thay can and will pull out of the region if their corporate interests are under threat, and yes well the league might be omnipresent the elite four members are region specific. Besides I'm not sure the league would do anything as Ezra is participating in the gym battles since in the games the whole point of getting the gym badges was to earn the right to face the elite four and the regional champion to take there place. that means if Agatha made a fuss about a rising star it would look more like she's trying to preemptively remove her replacement thus interfering in their system of government.

I'm unsure why you read fanfiction or stories in general if you're response to adversity is why aren't they just running away and spend a few years training somewhere else?
isn't that the point of fanfiction, you watch or read a story and wonder how you could have done it differently or what would happen if this character was inserted into the reality? don't get me wrong I'm not critcizing your writing or character I find your fanfiction to be some of the best written on this site (Hammer Time is one of my all-time favorite:D) I was just confused that your oc didn't seem to take shit from anyone including other regional champions where he "capitulated" by humiliating them. The way it was written it seemed like Ezra met he's match. I was hoping for at least an aura clash after Agatha pointed out she knew about Ezra's and she tried to use her own aura to intimidate him. I was expecting him to hide the training methods not outright show them off to the spy in his camp, although if anyone else did the same Primeape training methods they probabliy end up dead. have I just not let you cook long enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

• YSP
Back