• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ downtime for XenForo 2 implementation

Ever since the update I've been getting an alert every single time someone posts in a Thread.

Every. Single. Time. No matter how minor the post or how long its been since I last viewed the thread in question. This didn't happen before the update, and in the last 10 minutes I've gotten somewhere between 20 and 30 alerts about random people responding to threads I've watched. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit: I think i fixed it.
Alert preferences did not get transferred. You have to re-set them all.

If that's what you found, then you should be all set, unless and until you discover a way you want to fine-tune them further.

I truly mean no disrespect but QQ now just feels like another copy of Spacebattles/SufficientVelocity, which is really sad since I had really liked the old version.
Funny enough, the old version looked like an exact palette-swapped version of Spacebattles' and SufficientVelocity's old look, back when they ran on Xenforo 1 forum software. Unfortunately, we had to do the same switch to XF2 that they did, sooner or later. XF1 hasn't gotten a security update in something like a decade or more, so us still using it was kind of a ticking time bomb. Malware creators and other bad actors move on, and so must we.
A lot of it is that people get used to a style and they don't like it being changed. Personally I just use tampermonkey to make minor edits to suit my tastes. I couldn't find any options to remove the header across the top(I despise fixed position headers), so a quick css change to change it's position and I'm good. I may adjust some colors to make the text less grey on grey as well.
According to my half-remembered knowledge of CSS, it's probably using some sort of "float" setting. That might make turning off the following behavior, while leaving it at the top of the page, a bit easier?
The setting for it is under the Preferences menu. It's labelled "Sticky header navbar," with a checkbox "Disable."

Funny enough, the old version looked like an exact palette-swapped version of Spacebattles' and SufficientVelocity's old look, back when they ran on Xenforo 1 forum software. Unfortunately, we had to do the same switch to XF2 that they did, sooner or later. XF1 hasn't gotten a security update in something like a decade or more, so us still using it was kind of a ticking time bomb. Malware creators and other bad actors move on, and so must we.

The setting for it is under the Preferences menu. It's labelled "Sticky header navbar," with a checkbox "Disable."
Oh it is there. I must be blind because I could have sworn l looked everywhere in the options for that checkbox.

Hey mods, how do I make the alert system stop fucking harassing me about changing my password? My password is fine, it's secure, and honestly I'm not interested in changing it just for me to forget it because it's now a pain in the ass to remember.

How do I turn those alerts about my password off permanently?

Since it is likely the same haveibeenpwned integration SB and SV use; I'm going with choosing a secure password instead of a known compromised password.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back