• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Redirection: "questionablequestion.com"

Ampersandwich

Outl&ish Gr& Panj&rum
As of a few minutes ago, at least for me, questionablequesting.com started redirecting to questionablequestion.com. Additionally, the site title on the forums list (not the image, but the text) changed to match.

This broke my login session, and also breaks https generally (since the certificate is for -ing).

As of a few minutes ago, at least for me, questionablequesting.com started redirecting to questionablequestion.com. Additionally, the site title on the forums list (not the image, but the text) changed to match.

This broke my login session, and also breaks https generally (since the certificate is for -ing).
Observe the date.

... and where's the joke? No seriously, I'm not understanding how a redirect from 'questing' to 'question' is supposed to be humorous.

Glad to see this is here.

Now the fuck is this suppose to be 'funny?' Https is broken and I ran around my house shutting off all my online devices because I thought I accidentally clicked onto a phishing site.

This is in bad taste and form.

At least it's not a toucan in the background?
No, the toucan I understand. I wan't amused, but I got what people would think it a joke. But, barring those people who got logged out by the switch or hit the HTTPS error message, how many people would even notice this change?
Now, if the entire site had been rebranded to 'Questionable Question', including the banner and the front page, such that visitors were encouraged to doubt their own sanity and go 'But I'm sure it was 'Questing' before...' - then it would have been a joke.

No, the toucan I understand. I wan't amused, but I got what people would think it a joke. But, barring those people who got logged out by the switch or hit the HTTPS error message, how many people would even notice this change?
Now, if the entire site had been rebranded to 'Questionable Question', including the banner and the front page, such that visitors were encouraged to doubt their own sanity and go 'But I'm sure it was 'Questing' before...' - then it would have been a joke.
This was the point, I think. To see would even tell the difference.

This was the point, I think. To see would even tell the difference.
Fair enough.
I only noticed because a) I had to log in again, and b) the user script that reveals invisitext wasn't working.

If it makes you feel any better, it doesn't appear to be redirecting anymore.

Glad to see this is here.

Now the fuck is this suppose to be 'funny?' Https is broken and I ran around my house shutting off all my online devices because I thought I accidentally clicked onto a phishing site.

This is in bad taste and form.
... no, that one's on you, Dude. The sensible response to getting an HTTPS error from QQ is 'Oh darn, somebody hacked QQ'. And there is no way a phishing site could harm unrelated devices - or if it could, that you, a human, could get to them faster than they could be attacked.

... no, that one's on you, Dude. The sensible response to getting an HTTPS error from QQ is 'Oh darn, somebody hacked QQ'. And there is no way a phishing site could harm unrelated devices - or if it could, that you, a human, could get to them faster than they could be attacked.
It was to minimize loss and I say around my house but I just flipped the breakers for a few rooms and powered down my laptop. Then proceeded to remove the battery for it while I checked things out on burner phone. Considering that I tend to over react to things its understandable for me at least. On as to the phishing thing that was a Derp on my part I meant to say I was overly paranoid that someone had been snooping in my computer and altered one of my Security files which runs a script that clears my history all the history ever.

No idea why Phishing was typed instead.

Well, at least you can post here without the stupid bird staring at you. Not sure if you abstained from that because you thought people masturbate here, but it keeps the site usable. ;)

Given how their last hilarious joke wiped out my watched thread list, I'll refrain this year. Again.
Well, all my watched threads are still there if it makes you feel any better. You could also clear your cookies and take a look at it as a guest.

Edit: Here's an image.

sjTBzIR.png

Well, all my watched threads are still there if it makes you feel any better. You could also clear your cookies and take a look at it as a guest.

Edit: Here's an image.

That's not terribly bad. Guess they *can* learn, from year to year, in a technical sense. The joke certainly didn't get any funnier. I also notice that this screencap is yours as well.

kQKpo.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back