• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Remnants of Madness

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

I have PTSD, three female roommates, I am Technically a quadruple amputee and ironically this is the lowest I've ever been and being the Joker's henchmen would be more profitable than being here-oh shit there's an actual clown fuck NO I'M NOT HANK-PUT THAT SIGN DOWN! Project Nexus SI Isekai.
RoM chapters? New

Jackson D. Holic

Getting out there.
AN:

Amvmaster: Literally no point putting this here but hey if you wanna know I decided to have another go and rewrite an old fic of mine and well TBH I think I like how this one came out better than the old one.

Please note this is based on the Project Nexus Arena Mode not the actual Campaign itself.

Here is a word from my friend/beta reader.

Jericho: yes, I'm here of my own free will, no there's no gun to my head?! oh, hi I'm Jericho the editor for this shitshow

Amvmaster: You ain't editing shit!

Jericho: Not directly!

Amvmaster: I am… I'm not touching this now, enjoy reading!

Prologue

I don't even remember how it all happened.

All I knew is that I was playing a game, I got to the last real mission and then… My screen just went black and so did my vision.

Next thing I knew I was on a bus and I quickly noted that I was in my game, how could I tell?

Well how else would you explain the Masked mohawk scientist 2Bdamned sitting across from you explaining shit in the back of a bus?

I looked out the bus's window and my eyes widened as the scenery from the near desolate city covered in a various only colour filled neon signs to the near black skyline but I could clearly see the near reminiscent of red.

Oh no, this can't be, no no no, shit shit shit, I felt myself hyperventilate in shock, the only thing that pulled me back was 2B's voice telling me to breathe.

I couldn't understand a single thing he said. But quickly as I felt myself lose myself I placed my hands over my eyes and took four seconds to breathe in, holding it for another second I let out a small sigh, my mind was a mess, but I began to grasp what was going on.

Next thing I know I'm beating some homeless people to death with a flashlight then it all became a blur from there.

It was a bloodbath after the other, I twisted someone's neck one second god that fucking pop sound isn't going to leave me for a while and then I was shoving whatever was left of my broken weapon into another person's trachea something about having someone's blood shooting into your face is rather… disturbing.

And then I died.

It was good that it was quick, but fuck me it was jarring to suddenly wake up in the middle of a tube of this watery green goop, I found it was weird it tasted like apple crumble. But then I started to get more… acquainted with the idea of going through a mission, being stabbed and bleeding out only to suddenly wake up back in the tube.

It was a weird thing to get used to, first pain and then nothing and then apple crumble tube water.

But with it came a sense of irritation, like my life had now turned from a fear filled mess to a never ending death filled circus having me as the ringleader that conducted a rather visceral experience of death.

Soon my apple crumple tube water episodes became less as time progressed and I found myself getting better and better at becoming more finely tuned to become a walking talking death machine.

My adventure through the desolate world of Nevada had me visit multiple sceneries from an oil platform in the middle of a lava lake to a haunted house.

With these new places came their own assortment of differing enemies.

There were Zombie's, crazy Abominations, the occasional crazed agents/lunatics and fucking Ghosts!… How? I don't know I just gave up when I wound up on a TV show dedicated to killing their contestant's and showing off the many plethora of deranged executions that came along with it, all in the name of Entertainment.

It was… a roller coaster of ups and most painful, very painful downs that had me wondering if this was really worth it.

But then I was finally given my own room and with it the uncertain answer that I was not so sure I was truly looking for.

It was a big ole room, more like a giant penthouse you would see in Apartment buildings, but unlike the usual ones you would or what I have seen before where everything was luxurious, this place was bare minimum functional and practical, quite like the rest of the building and its contents.

On a side room that held the bathroom I quickly moved over wishing to get myself the much needed shower I had been dying for seeing as I had finished a mission on a train and I was rather sticky to say the least, but before I really jumped into my shower I paused and took a look at the mirror I had inside.

It was very rare that I found myself looking at my reflection, every other time I was either displeased with the new weight I had gained or the newest sweat pimple that had appeared on my shin, but unlike all the other times where I was more content with myself this seemed to be the one time I didn't like what I saw.

It had probably been the third time I looked at myself in the mirror while I was in this world and what I saw shook me, it was like I had been replaced entirely my expression had been the same as I always had a resting bitch face but looking at it more closely it was like my own soul had been sucked right out of me, I was unclear as how to describe it physically but I could just… see it… feel it.

That night I sat on my bed felt my entire world crumble and wondered when this would all end, but quickly remembered that this wasn't going to end.

Like this I was reminded of where I was and if this was anything like the game then I would be finding myself going through time loop after time loop, a never ending cycle to keep this point in time from killing itself, or so I think I could remember, the amount of times I had died and woken up had turned my focus from this world being a videogame and I was too concerned with just trying to get through the missions I had just been given.

"And this is my first loop too." I muttered, staring at my hands, fingers covered in scar tissue from the amount of wounds I had gotten in my early days.

"Fuck it, if this is going to be life I may as well make it worth something." I remembered saying to myself before getting up and walking away.

heading straight to the medical wing I quickly met Skinner and discussed with him the benefits of possible cybernetic enhancements, this seemed to quickly catch the GO3LM's attention and intrigue and before I knew it I was quickly put under anaesthesia for surgery.

My "Employees" appeared to be rather worried after my surgery, that was rather touching if I didn't quickly made my way to the Sleepwalker where I spent round after round testing my newest enhancements, having your spine replaced was something I wasn't fond of but after picking up and throwing a heavily armoured GO3LM into the ground so hard that it's internals turned into red soup put a lot of strain into one's back.

Never going to doubt Skinner again, but I wasn't done seeing as I knew another person that could very well kit me out with additional augments.

Something I believed would greatly benefit me in the end he sold me two augments that increased my bone density making me both twice as durable as before and stronger, something I wasn't going to say no to.

Nanobots that increased my regeneration up an additional 200%, something I was quite fond of as I didn't know how my prosthesis were going to affect me long term, if I even last that long.

But he also threw in a bonus in the form of a familiar large two handed great sword that I fondly knew to be the Binary sword, the same sword Jesus uses or Dr Christoff if i wanted to be technical.

Holding it in my hands I was mildly shocked to feel how light it was in my hands, then again my strength had gone up four fold or so.

With this I now had prepared myself to fight the Mandatus or what everyone called the Machine.

I had to fight through several waves of killer robots and listen to this guy who seemingly spoke in riddles, something I would have found nostalgic if I wasn't so damn annoyed with wanting to get this over with.

I had used a third of my ammo from my Rifle and I had quickly forced myself to rely on my Binary Sword to take these things down.

And then when I finally met the Machine I expected it to be the fight of my life, something that made my enhancements, my augments, my broken psyche worth it.

Instead… I was quickly met with disappointment as it went down like a Nokia in a blender and I was the Nokia.

Now I was standing in the middle of Nowhere, where I had to make a choice.

A choice to either go into the Light and imprint myself into another body or stay and allow MADNESS to sweep the entirety of Nevada.

A fucked up Hero's journey if I do say so myself.

Sitting down next to the desert road, I found myself contemplating everything, and just trying to find reason in this whole ordeal I had.

"Would 2B mind if I just sat here for a while?" I wondered out loud as I looked up at the sky and just stared at the clouds that rolled by, unlike before where the sky was straight red this time the sky was its pleasant blue where the day and night cycle wasn't so screwy since the sun hadn't been killed yet.

Pulling my bandana down from my face I let out a sigh before breathing in the rather pleasant air.

Why do I care about what happens to Nevada? This isn't my home, my home is back… home?

"Great looks like my memories fucked, probably caused by Skinner or Crackpot, wouldn't be surprised honestly if was both of them really." I exclaimed with a shake of the head.

Ok, let's see if I can at least remember something else about my old world like anime, immediately the thoughts of a teenager swinging a large red themed scythe popped into my head and it quickly put a smile on my face.

"RWBY, shit it has been a while since I remembered that series… too bad I had to end up in Nevada before someone did the right thing and made Volume 10 or rebooted it… I think it was Dillion Goo who said he was looking into getting the IP after Warner Bros decided to drop it after Rooster Teeth fell into bankruptcy or something." I talked to myself as I remembered the whole debacle.

"Damn I used to Write a lot of Self inserts dedicated to that series, that and a lot of other places… oof I can hear the reviews complaining about meta awareness, hahahaha." I felt nostalgic about the thought but quickly as it came up I was immediately reminded of another thing I missed. "Oooooooooh fuck I miss writing and consuming random amounts of media… and One Piece, shit I'm never going to see the end of the series either." Shaking my head I felt a weight had slowly been lifted off my shoulders… wait hold on.

Blinking in confusion I noticed how my weight wasn't being lifted.

I was being lifted, turning my head upwards and my eyes widened in shock as I saw something of a portal open up above me.

I felt my mind go blank as it tried to find logic in the explanation of a portal suddenly opening up above me but quickly as I tried to find logic I was quickly met with images of the in coming loops I was going to be facing and figured this must be the universe telling me its time move on already.

Steeling my resolve I took a deep breath and nodded in understanding as I found resolve in myself.

"Guess this is it, let's get this over with then." I said as I quickly kicked my legs down and immediately kicked myself into the portal as I figured this was the universe telling me that it was time for me to finally move on.

"Alright let's get this goooin-oh shit!" Suddenly the portal I went through turned into a tunnel of different coloured lights that forced my aviator covered eyes to close and before I knew it I felt myself being spat out.

When I hit the ground my body tumbled until I finally stopped when I hit something.

"Argh-ok didn't see this coming." I exclaimed tiredly as I blinked my eyes open and saw my glasses had fallen off.

Lifting my head I quickly looked around until I saw the familiar black frame red lensed glasses sitting a foot away, reaching over and taking them I slowly put them over my eyes and sat up.

Looking around I felt immediate confusion swell up as I was now in the middle of a forest.

"I… don't think this was supposed to happen."

Prologue end

Profile:

Name: Jackson

Origin: Noob

Outfit: Black and Red Trucker cap, Black Aviators with red tinted lenses, black Bandana wrapped around the lower face, black and red lined coat, black cargo pants held up but an ammo belt, Black armoured gloves, black Bulletproof vest, Backpack, black and red lined combat boots.

Weapons: Binary sword, Glock 17(Suppressor), HK416 (ACOG sight, Explosive magazine, Suppressor), Throwing Knives, Flash Grenades, Hand Grenades, Shurikens.

Augments: Legs and arms are replaced with cybernetic Prosthetics that Provide both strength and speed, Spine was replaced entirely in order to handle the load from the Prosthetics, Increased Bone density, Nanobot infusion that Increases natural regeneration by 200%(Aura will increase the percentage to ???%).

Aura colour: ???

Semblance: ???

Back