• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

RIP Brian Randall

Biigoh

Primordial Tanuki
So... I got this e-mail that Brian Randall is dead by way of suicide.

Michael Foerster on FFML said:
Hi guys and gals,
I've got this from a group I'm a memeber of....

====FWD=====
Got off work and came to my hotel a few minutes ago.
Checked my email and got a message that Brian Randall
chose to take his life this month. He'll be missed.

http://soulriders.net/brian/
=====/FWD====
cleardot.gif

For those who are unaware, Brian is an old timer in terms of fanfics and wrote such delightful stuff as "Process of Elimination" http://florestica.com/brandall/

He will be missed.

... T_T

whoa... That... wow...

I still have all my old links to floristica...

That is a tragedy. Especially given the method. It's just horrible that anyone could be driven to that point.

I hope he's in a better place now.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is frist i've heard of him but i'm with Hymn on this.

Hearing about this doesn't make me sad. It makes me angry. Men commit 75% of suicides, and make up 90% of workplace deaths, and yet Feminists claim that women are the ones systematically oppressed by our society? It pisses me off.

Well, crap. There goes another good writer...

nick012000 said:
Hearing about this doesn't make me sad. It makes me angry. Men commit 75% of suicides, and make up 90% of workplace deaths, and yet Feminists claim that women are the ones systematically oppressed by our society? It pisses me off.

...are you trying to politicize this? So soon after his death?

Have you no shame?

nick012000 said:

You are despicable. Your off-topic rant against feminists is extremely disrespectful.

--

I am sad. I loved Process of Elimination when I read it way back when. Sad to hear he was in such a dark place, and that he couldn't get out of it.

croaker said:
Well, crap. There goes another good writer...

...are you trying to politicize this? So soon after his death?

Have you no shame?
Am I trying to politicize it? No. I'm simply stating that the way the suffering of men is minimized in our society makes me angry, and the fact that suicide is brushed under the rug is an archetypical example of that. Men commit suicide every day, and does society care? No. Men are expendable, after all. :mad:

This is truly sad even if I didn't know him.

It seems he is the one that wrote Kyon Big Damn Hero (as Durandall on FF.net and on his own Website in the past...) and a couple other interesting stories that I have wanted to read for a long time but held off of doing so. I am sad that this particular Piece of fiction will never be completed, well, unless someone else takes it up at least.

I will check his website I think, I am sure there are a number of good stories there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back