• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Rollover options not working?

magic9mushroom

BEST END.
I've noticed in the last couple of days that the rollover elements (tooltips?) such as the Alerts dropdown, the descriptions of forums, the subforum menus, and the page select seem to have stopped working. I either have to click on them or the options which would normally only come up on rollover are there all the time.

I'm not sure if this is a Firefox issue or a XenForo issue, but I do know that it's affecting other XenForo sites I visit as well. I'm pretty sure it's not a cookie or script issue, since I have set QQ on my whitelist for both.

Anybody know what's going on with this?

I've noticed in the last couple of days that the rollover elements (tooltips?) such as the Alerts dropdown, the descriptions of forums, the subforum menus, and the page select seem to have stopped working. I either have to click on them or the options which would normally only come up on rollover are there all the time.

I'm not sure if this is a Firefox issue or a XenForo issue, but I do know that it's affecting other XenForo sites I visit as well. I'm pretty sure it's not a cookie or script issue, since I have set QQ on my whitelist for both.

Anybody know what's going on with this?

Well, for me at least, it is all working, but I am on Chrome. They did stop working when I added the ublock extension, and hadn't whitelisted QQ, SB, and SV, but that is the only time this has happened to me. I.E.: user error. I'm going to be a dick and tell you to recheck your add-ons/extensions/whatever Firefox calls them and make double sure that something isn't blocking things, because that is about all I can think of that could be causing the issue for you (I know, you said you have QQ and such on a whitelist, but...again, it is the only thing I can think of).

Well, I don't have any addons besides Flash and a video codec. Flash is "ask to activate", but I don't think the rollover things in XenForo use Flash.

I tried looking at it with Microsoft Edge (which is straight out of the box), and got the same issue. I don't have Chrome.

Well, I don't have any addons besides Flash and a video codec. Flash is "ask to activate", but I don't think the rollover things in XenForo use Flash.

I tried looking at it with Microsoft Edge (which is straight out of the box), and got the same issue. I don't have Chrome.

Okay, the easy path is out, I guess, although why Edge is not working I do not know. Perhaps some issue in your Internet Options? in your Network options thing, I think. That'd be the only reason for...oh, hm. DId you update your antivirus or something? God knows my antivirus loves being an utter cock about this type of thing.

Uh, to recap. Chekc your Internet Options for...I don't know, but you may be able to suss it out? Also, double check your antivirus isn't being a cock.

Not antivirus (well, either that or my antivirus is lying to me, since I disabled its internet protection with no improvement). Made double-sure it wasn't NoScript, diagnosing and fixing a profile corruption in Firefox along the way. No dice.

Not sure what you mean by internet options, you mean in the Control Panel/Windows Settings, or as in, e.g. the physical modem?

Not antivirus (well, either that or my antivirus is lying to me, since I disabled its internet protection with no improvement). Made double-sure it wasn't NoScript, diagnosing and fixing a profile corruption in Firefox along the way. No dice.

Not sure what you mean by internet options, you mean in the Control Panel/Windows Settings, or as in, e.g. the physical modem?

I'm not a hundred percent sure. You mentioned Edge, which probably means you are on Win10, which I am not. I'm still on Win7, because it is comfy and I don't feel like changing (and get off my lawn you whippersnappers!), and for me it is > Control Panel > Network and Settings > Internet Options . Which should offer you the universal internet options that apply to all browsers (I think?).

I'm not a hundred percent sure. You mentioned Edge, which probably means you are on Win10, which I am not. I'm still on Win7, because it is comfy and I don't feel like changing (and get off my lawn you whippersnappers!),
Old computer broke. New computer came with Win8 pre-installed. Win8 has nearly all the annoyances of Win10 and also has a risk of getting zero-day forever (hi there WannaCry)/poison update at some point in the future which Win10 doesn't.

If I were getting a computer without a bundled OS I wouldn't be getting Windows at all; newer versions have anti-user features and older versions are in zero-day forever.
and for me it is > Control Panel > Network and Settings > Internet Options . Which should offer you the universal internet options that apply to all browsers (I think?).
Can't find anything that looks relevant. Pop-Up Blocker was activated but deactivating it didn't fix the problem.

EDIT: Rollover drop-down menus are working on non-XenForo sites, for the record. Also, the other computers in my house don't have the problem. Blergh.

EDIT2: I have uncovered and fixed the problem. It is rather unintuitive, so I'll elaborate. Specifically:

XenForo disables all dropdowns and popups on hover if it detects that you have an active touch screen. Disabling the touch screen will re-enable it. I suspect what happened recently was that Windows decided to be overly helpful and automatically re-enable the touchscreen I'd very deliberately disabled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back