1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule 8 Question

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Evilhippy, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Evilhippy

Evilhippy The Cum Lord

So, current politics. How broad is "current politics" its kinda vague.
    If I have our current president mentioned in a story is that too much?
    If I have our current president speak to the MC, would that be an infraction?
    If I had my MC say, assassinate the president, or speaker of the house?

I'm not really interested in writing about our current presidents thoughts or polices or anything like that, just looking for clarification on how far I can go without getting a smack on the hands.

Edit: American, for clarification.

MasterOfDragonsGod and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. wichajster

wichajster Away

Not a mod, but writing story about assassinating Trump is certainly going to violate rule 8, described as

"This rule applies to real life current politics. At the time of this rule is written, this means things like Trump, feminism vs men's rights, SJWs, etc." (bolding mine)

3. Evilhippy

Evilhippy The Cum Lord

Hmm, even if the reason for assassinating him has nothing to do with his polices? Just because he's the standing president, thus the highest target?

Be a shame. Guess I'd have to retroactively change history for my story then...pity.

4. ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

Suggestion would be to have a very generic alternate president, without it being a very obvious stand-in by bringing up policies/etc.

Lots of action movies do this, like the classic "guy has to save the president's daughter from the space-jail"/etc.

5. Evilhippy

Evilhippy The Cum Lord

Yeah, I pretty much figured that this would be the case, but I wanted to clarify it first.
    Its actually kinda a relief that I'll have to use an OC for the upper members of the government. Trumps speech mannerisms would be a pain in the ass to get down right, the guys just rambles sometimes.

6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Vote for President Ta Nuki 2020.

7. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

This 2020, the campaign pair of Tanuki's Right Testicle and his running mate Tanuki's Left Testicle -- Left and Right finally united to work the shaft on a true bipartisan platform, delivering your economic stimulus directly up the center.