• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Shadowcrew Evolution

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Authors note. Well, This is another old story that I'm heading back to, with plans to finish...
Chapter one: a dark partnership

Deathsheadx

I trust you know where the happy button is?
Authors note. Well, This is another old story that I'm heading back to, with plans to finish it(or at least the season) Note: written when Xavier was being an Arsehole so a bit Anti-Xavier

Shadowcrew Evolution

By Deathsheadx

Chapter one: a dark partnership

Northbrook

15-year-old Katherine Pryde lay in bed dreaming. She couldn't believe she was flying!!!! She flew through the city taking in the sights…when suddenly…

She loses control and falls.

"AHHHHHHH!" Shrieked Kitty as she woke up. She looks around and realised she was in the basement

"Kitty?" Said her dad racing into the basement "how did? Were you sleepwalking again?"

"N-no daddy I…I think I fell through the ceiling."

"The ceiling?" Said Kitty's mother she sighed "honey it was just a nightmare…"

But just then Kitty's father looked up and gasped, "Terri I don't think so." He said pointing upwards.

Kitty's sheets and pillow were phased halfway through the ceiling

Bayville

Charles Xavier looked at the stats on screen and frowned he had recently recruited Kurt Wagner to the institute and had been looking for his next recruit… the problem was there had been 9 manifestations picked up in the last 24 hours. And some were classified as aggressive manifestations he looked at the names on the screen

Kevin green
Clarice Ferguson
Elvia Swenson

David Alleyne

Michelle Balters
Michael Heller
Kitty Pryde
Jonathon Starsmore

Jonathan and Kevin were the most vibrant of the manifestations and needed to be contacted immediately….

The next day.

Kitty Pryde snuck down the stairs she looked around and made her way to the door.

"KATHERINE ANNE PRYDE!!! Where do you think you're going?" Said Kitty's mom appearing from the lounge catching Kitty in the act "you're supposed to be staying home today."

"What's the point?" snapped Kitty "You guys don't want to talk about it."

Kitty! Called Carmen Pryde but Kitty had already left

---------

London

He walked through the street… alone. His world turned upside down… it had happened so quickly he was at the party with his girl when the windows shattered and the mercenaries burst in he tried to defend them and then they shot him… but when they shot him his world changed… everything went white and they were dead and he had lost half his face…

He looked at his reflection in a window and sighed his face a well below his nose wrapped up in a leather scarf he knew what was under the scarf… nothing…he had blown it all away, his lungs his heart his jaw… just gone… he remembered her face, the girl he loved her face twisted in horror her eyes filled with fear how she had run away from him…

Suddenly he saw a man in a wheelchair <<hello Jonathon I'm professor Xavier. >> came a voice in his head

<<F-k! >> Thought Jonathan <<how the hell did you know my name? And how is it you are able to talk like I do? >>

<<Jonathan… you are a mutant gifted with special abilities… >>

<<Gifted? You mean cursed mate! >>

<<It may seem like that however I believe I can help you… >>

<<How so? >>

<<I believe you thought you vaporised your organs and lower jaw? >> said Xavier telepathically

<<Have you seen what's under here mister? >>

<<Yes I have, >> said Xavier <<and I believe I can help you rebuild your face… >>

<<Say what! >>

<<Your power psionically disintegrated your organs I believe with coaching you could use those same powers to rebuild your face. >> said, Xavier

<<You're having a laugh aren't you? >>
<<No I have seen a more passive version of your power and I helped the mutant use their powers to rebuild her hands…>>

<<You… you think you can do it for me? >>

<<We can try…it won't be easy and it will take time but I believe together we can do It! >> said, Xavier

<<Well where do I sign up? >> replied Jonathan

Northbrook high

Kitty was having a bad day… she was worried about doing the ghost thing when those prep squad girls shove her into her locker…locking her in Kitty wanted out she really didn't need this not after what she had been through. Why did they pick on her she hadn't done anything to them… just because she was smarter than everybody… she started to hammer on the inside of the locker and then…

Then she felt a strange sensation as she accidentally phased through the locker into the hallway and slammed into someone it was a boy, Kitty remembered seeing him around he had longish hair and the cutest of eyes…

"Whoa! You…you...you just came through your locker!" Exclaimed the boy

"No I didn't!" exclaimed Kitty trying to brush it off

"No, you did! You're like me! I'm Lance and I've got a power too!" He clenched his fists and the school started to tremble

Kitty panicked and ran

"Wait!" shouted Lance, but Kitty was gone

A little while later.

"Argh!" moaned Kitty. It was P.E. and Kitty had been trying to perform the long jump why couldn't she get it right? Then she heard it… the sniggering, the laughing. The in-crowd was laughing at her again.

"Look at the wimp, Jessica!" said one girl "she can't even do a simple long jump…"

"I'll show her how it's done!" said Jessica stepping forward as she starts her run suddenly there was a slight tremor and Jessica stumbled falling into the sandpit getting totally buried…

Kitty looks up and sees the boy again he did this thought, Kitty, in shock…she could see him watching her he had a slight smile on his face… Kitty's face flushed and ran off unwilling to deal with how Lance made her feel…

A short while later Kitty was in the auditorium when she heard a noise she turned round to see him once more…

Lance.

Something about him pulled in two directions her fear of what he was and what that meant she was made her want to run but his eyes… his eyes kept drawing her in.

"I know what you're going through Kitty," he said softly

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, your powers, part of you is afraid, you have problems controlling them… I've been where you are only there was nobody to help me, but I can help you, I can help you control it…"

"But I don't,"

"Kitty your powers, do they flare up when you get angry? Or distressed? Explode out of you at the wrong time?"

Kitty stopped in her tracks. "yeah."

"Power has to be used, Kitty…if you suppress it, bottle it up it'll build until it explodes… I've been there and I'm telling you now it will burst out of you worse than before unless you take control of it."

"H-how do I take control?"

"By using your power consciously by practising, I've got just the thing… follow me," he said softly. "What we've got to do is give you an objective… phase yourself through this door, and open it up for me."

"I don't know…"

"It won't hurt to try "

Kitty sighed and nodded and tried to pass through the door. "Lance it's not working!"

"Okay! Okay! Let me think... I got it!" Said Lance. "Kitty remember how you felt the moment you came through the locker focus on the feelings… not the emotions but the way your body felt… now try again!"

Kitty closed her eyes and focused on the weird sensation she had felt as she had fallen through her locker and suddenly she was in the room "oh god! I did it? I actually did it!" She opened the door from the inside and let Lance in hugging him "I did it! I did it!" She cried. "Did you see me? Did you?"

Lance smiled "Yeah. Wow, Kitty! How did it feel?"

"Oh, it was like, totally unbelievable!"

"You're making it yours Kitty. Once you own it, nothing can own you. Now excuse me for a moment…" he ran over to a file cabinet and opened it up

"Lance? What are you doing?"

"I'm getting hatchets answer sheet for Tuesday's test"

"Wh-what? Is that why you had me phase into here so you could get the test?"

"Well…"

"I don't believe you Lance!" she yelled…

"Hey! Don't get mad Kitty! Sure I used you to get into the office but I did help you didn't I?"

"But this is illegal! And you've made me an accessory to the crime!"

"Kitty I… damn it!!!" groaned Lance sighing and putting the sheets down "don't be mad at me Kitty I mean what has this blasted school ever done for us?"

Kitty frowned as she remembered how the teachers were suspicious of her intellect always coming down hard on her work when she knew there was nothing wrong… her thoughts of the boys who ignored her and the girls who bullied her…she hated it she wondered why she bothered

Lance could see the uncertainty in Kitty's eyes and pressed on… "Look the way I see it is we should look out for each other because no one else will. Those people don't understand us and they fear our gifts…"

Kitty snorted her dad refused to accept her strange powers as if they weren't there…

"Look Kitty I…I'm sorry I used you… I won't use you again from now on me and you are full partners?"

"Partners? Partners at stealing?"

"That's small fry Kitty think about it! Between us we could rule the school I'll help you with your powers… I'll even teach you how to fight and you'll help me… heck you're the smartest girl in the school with your brains you could teach me this stuff I won't need to steal it!" Lance at first almost choked on the words he blurted out but then he realised that he meant them if it meant he could keep Kitty around…

"I…" Kitty remembered how she had been treated by all those around her. Lance was the first to see her, to help her… to accept her, she then had visions of herself like a cross between sexy sandy and Rizzo from grease, leader of the pink ladies ruling the girls of the school and Lance as Danny Zuko… it was silly but it got the picture across she smiled, "Okay Lance I forgive you for using me…"

"You do?" Said Lance in surprise

"I do. after all we make a great team!"

"That we do Kitty that we do…"

"Well, partner why don't you put the test back and we get out of here?" Said, Kitty

Lance looked at the test papers… on the one hand with them, he would pass Tuesday's test but on the other, he would lose Kitty the test would only give him short term happiness but Kitty had the potential to give him so much more he got up and put the test back.

Kitty squealed and hugged him…

And at that moment Lance Alvers realised that when it came to a choice between a silly test and the girl hugging him the test would lose every time…

----------

On that day…Due to Xavier picking Jonathan Starsmore over Kitty Pryde in this universe a dark partnership was formed and the world of the X-men would never be the same again

End of part 1

Chapter two: Dark Evolution

Shadowcrew evolution

By Deathsheadx

Chapter two: Dark Evolution

Irene sighed something had happened Xavier and Mystique had done something to change the chain of events, she sat up and deciphered her vision, it showed Xavier and Mystique had chosen different mutants to recruit at this point than they were supposed to, she saw a radical change in the brotherhood she had a vision of Mystique losing rogue and then it became fuzzy as if fate was hiding the next part from her, she could only wonder what would happen next,

2 weeks after rogue recruit 8 weeks after Kitty met Lance.

Northbrook high school

Behind the bleachers 3 boys stood surrounding a girl then they parted to reveal another girl her hair was in cornrows at the front and lose at the back her lips were dark red she wore a sheer off-shoulder top with a neon pink bustier underneath she wore a small skirt which came halfway down her upper thighs and showed of her legs and combat boots hello Riley said the new arrival

"Kitty?"

"Hand it over Riley," said Kitty Pryde with a vicious smile

"Oh come on Kitty, please!"

"Do you want me to give you a repeat of last time?"

"Go on Kitty! I loved what you did last time!" said Lance

"Yeah!!!" said the two other boys beside him

"Please no! Here take it! Take my money just don't do it anymore!" cried Riley

"Why thank you!" said Kitty "you're so helpful!!!" And with that Kitty and the others walked away. Kitty couldn't believe how things had changed now she ran with Lance's crew she was a member of the Shadowcrew as Shane 'shooter' Thompson had nicknamed it, it turned out that Shane was a mutant as well he had moved from LA a couple of months ago. He fired off these blasts from his fingertips,

Being part of the Shadowcrew was bliss for Kitty. Lance, Mickey McCain and Shane taught her how to fight and how to intimidate the other girls, and Kitty liked it, the rush of showing she was superior to those girls and knowing it was like a drug, there were some things she had disapproved of, like the shaking down of students for their lunches or lunch money but then she realised it wasn't she had a problem with the shakedowns it was with who they shook down. When Lance realised that the Shadowcrew changed who they shook down, now the Shadowcrew shook down the 'it' crowd who had looked down on her and made her life hell, she used to have a problem with stealing stuff but after she stole Amy's laptop in revenge for Amy damaging hers, she decided that it would be hypocritical of her to get upset when Lance and the others stole stuff, in fact, she found she could use her powers to steal the test answers and use the answers to teach the gang the subject it was simple, she had reasoned that the school would instantly think they were cheating if they got the right answers word perfect or without showing working out so she would teach them how to get from point A to point B, and amazingly they learned the subject, it made her feel proud,

The two things she loved the most about the Shadowcrew were they treated her with respect like she was one of them she was like Lil' Kim in Junior Mafia she was the Queen Bee and Lance was the King.

And that brought up the other thing she loved,

Lance Alvers.

He had been her rock giving her advice showing her the ropes looking out for her and she had gradually fallen in love with him she wondered if he loved her,

"So Kitty how's about we go shake down Gary Stuart?"

Kitty grinned Gary Stuart came along a month ago and annoyed her. He seemed so, perfect he was as intelligent as her, had half the girls in the school looking at him like he was gods gift and had managed to embarrass Lance in public. so she deemed him public enemy number one and the Shadowcrew went out of their way to harass him with every tool in their arsenal,

"Hey kitten," said Lance softly "how are things at home?"

Kitty frowned "the 'rents have stopped being a pain," Kitty remembered the trouble she had gotten into her dad kept shouting at her for using her powers her mother was shouting at her for her sense of dress and angering her father, "But they're still threatening to send me to that Xavier guy"

"What?" Snapped Lance. About 2 weeks after Kitty and Lance had teamed up Xavier had called the Pryde household about having her come to the Xavier Institute, her dad adamantly refused he didn't want to acknowledge that Kitty was different and Kitty was determined not to go

But then Kitty's mom wanted her to go and threatened to send her to the institute to get straightened out,

"It won't come to that." Said Lance hugging Kitty

"I hope so,"

Mystique sat in her office reading over some reports from magneto's feelers it seemed there were a couple of mutants in Chicago she would have to find them and persuade them to join her brotherhood,

"Ms Darkholme," came her secretary's voice. "Sarah walks unseen to see you."

"Very well let her in," said Mystique Sarah had been her second recruit to the brotherhood she was an altered mutant that Mystique had rescued from a rogue government agency, Sarah was totally loyal to Mystique and Mystique alone, she liked that, Sarah entered the room she was a young girl of 17 years of age definitely American Indian but of what tribe she didn't know Mystique smiled Sarah was quite the stunner she was already turning heads lament "what is it?" she said softly.

"Boss, it's rogue."

"What's the matter with her?" Asked Mystique

"She wavering badly,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think Summers is getting to her."

"That bastard!" snarled Mystique. "Rogue is mine!!! Xavier and his ilk shan't have her!"

"You want me to kill him?"

"No lament, that will draw too much attention at this stage just watch rogue. If it gets too bad I will deal with him personally."

"You're the boss," said Sarah

Mystique nodded "oh and Sarah,"

"Yes, boss?"

"Please don't be too hard on Toad,"

Sarah sighed, "It's just he's so hopeless!"

"Then make something of him, after all, I trust your skills,"

Sarah nodded and left the room Mystique stood up and looked out the window at Scott Summers,

Northbrook high

Mickey McCain wasn't feeling so good his sides hurt a lot it was like he was undergoing a secondary growth spurt before he had been 5 foot 8 now he was 6 foot 4 and the growth had happened in the last 6 months

"If it isn't McCain." came a sneer

Mickey turned round to see Brian Benson Jordan Gatilo and frank Hodge A.K.A . the gators. they used to be the top crew at Northbrook till Lance and shooter turned up and Mickey was once part of their crew they hadn't taken kindly to that and swore vengeance

"It seems you're all alone traitor!" Snapped Brian "and now you're gonna pay!" They rushed forward and attacked,

Across the field Kitty was waiting for Lance and Shane when she saw Doug Ramsey rushing towards her, "Doug what's up?" she said softly

"Kitty! Mickey's getting pulped by the gators! Outside the boys changing room!" panted Doug

"What? Get Lance and Shane!" she snapped racing off. Soon she was in the changing rooms she gasped in horror at the state Mickey was in and saw red "you bastards!" she screamed she reached forward and kicked Brian which caused the others to turn towards her.

"Bitch! You'll get yours too!" snapped Jordan

"I'd like to see you try," said Lance coming up behind Kitty

"Oh look Alvers has come to save his girlfriend!" snapped Brian

"When are you numbskulls going to get it? The Shadowcrew look after their own!" and with that Lance Kitty and Shane charged forward, and the fight was joined Kitty punched frank hard in the face she saw blood trickle from his nose

"Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!!!" shrieked frank

"Do you kiss your momma with that potty mouth?"

"I'm going to get you Pryde!"

"Yeah right!" said Kitty as frank threw a punch but Kitty was prepared for this and used a self-defence move Shane had taught her pulling him into an armbar then punching hard into his armpit frank screamed and stumbled back but moments later he was back again he snarled and pulled out a flick knife stabbing at Kitty

"Kitty no!" Screamed Lance in shock as he saw frank dive forward with the knife, the school started to tremble violently a whole wall collapsed. Lance knocked Brian down and rushed over towards Kitty to his surprise he saw Kitty standing over frank who was bleeding from a stab wound to his chest. imbedded into Kitty's left arm was a knife and in her right hand was a 6-inch bloody switchblade she dropped the knife

"Ahhh damn it hurts" she moaned clutching the knife in her left arm

" Kitty!" Cried Lance "you okay?"

"Lance!" said Kitty "Frank pulled a knife on me!"

"I know!" said Lance "we gotta get rid of the evidence fast!"

Kitty nodded wincing in pain and bent down grabbing her switchblade and phasing it into the concrete quickly just then high school security turned up and she was whisked away

----------

It was in the early hours of the next day after Kitty had been taken to hospital and had her wound dressed, then the police had questioned her although witnesses claimed she stabbed frank there was no knife to prove it so they let her go. Kitty Pryde sat in her dad's car she rubbed the bandage on her arm,

"Katherine I can't believe you would do something like that!" screamed Terri Pryde

"Gang violence? Bullying other students stabbing a fellow student?" said Carmen Pryde "what's happened to you, Kitty?"

"Oh now you want to know when you were doing your damnedest to ignore me!" snarled Kitty

"Katherine,"

"Don't you Katherine me!" snapped Kitty "you abandoned me, daddy!" She snapped, "I was going through these changes and you weren't there! But the Shadowcrew were!"

"That boy Lance, he did this he brainwashed you,"

"Leave Lance alone! He helped me!"

"He turned you into a thug!"

"No, he made me realise that I don't have to hold back!"

"Well obviously you have no self-control you stabbed a boy with a 5-inch blade he's lucky to be alive "

"Well he hurt Mickey and he stabbed me! So I stabbed him back."

"Your lucky they can't find the knife to implicate you despite eyewitness reports,"

"Why are you mad at me he stabbed me I stabbed him back to protect myself!!"

"Be that as it may we didn't raise no thug." Said Carmen Pryde

"No you raised me to be weak!" replied Kitty

Carmen Pryde groaned "I should have listened to you Terri if we had sent her to that institute she wouldn't be like this,"

"It's not too late maybe Xavier can straighten her out," said Terri

"F-ck no! There is no way I'm going to that creeps remedial school!"

"We already called him Katherine he'll be here this evening," said Carmen

"So that's it once again you're shunting the problems away! Out of sight out of mind!"

"It's for your own good Kitty"

"Don't you Kitty me!" Cried Kitty angrily "I hate you! I hate all!"

That evening an angry Kitty Pryde was escorted by a man in a wheelchair to a strange craft, tears were in her eyes tears at the injustice of it all and what of Lance would she never see him anymore?

------------

Northbrook, an abandoned house three weeks later.

"Whoa!" said Shane looking at Mickey "now you really are one of us!"

Mickey smiled "it was the start of my change which allowed the gators to get the drop on me, imagine waking up in the hospital all ripped and with these!" He flexed his four arms, his face suddenly fell "and then imagine your mother screaming at you like you're the spawn of the devil and trying to attack you." he tensed for a moment and his lower arms shrunk into his body, "But what do I care right? She never loved me she was to busy bonking her way up the corporate ladder!" He looked away from Shane and noticed Lance's withdrawn expression Lance man you okay?

"They took her away," said Lance quietly

"Who? Kitty?"

"Yeah, Kitty. They sent her to some institute for mutants, frigin adults!"

"Then why stay here?" said Shane "I mean after you collapsed that wall your foster folks were going to call the cops there's nothing for you here, and it's not like I'm sticking around my foster parents put in for me to be transferred to a new family, I'm tired of being shuttled around like second-hand goods,"

"Then come with me, said a voice."

Shane spun around his powers flaring to life,

Before the trio was a brunette in a business suit on her face was a pair of glasses that gave her a strict appearance

"Who the hell are you? Snapped Lance

"My name is Raven Darkholme but you can call me Mystique and I'm here to recruit you," she said as she shifted into her natural form

"Whoa! You're like us!" Said Mickey

"Yes I'm a mutant like you I'm offering,"

"Not interested." said Lance

"WHAT?" Snapped Mystique

"Take a hike lady the Shadowcrew don't need you,"

Mystique grimaced when she had discovered this mutant hotspot magneto had ordered her to recruit them and now they were going to be stubborn "I don't think you heard me right,"

"Look lady I'm not interested in working for you!"

"Fine stay here and when the humans rise up to destroy you don't come crying to me! Probably another bleeding heart that believes in all that crap that Xavier preaches," she muttered

"Hold on Mystique!" said Lance suddenly "what was that about Xavier?"

"What's it to you?"

"Let's just say I have a score to settle with that creep."

Mystique smiled "well join my group and me and help us tear his dream down,"

Lance looked at the others then back at Mystique "go on you now have my undivided attention,"

End of part two

A/n Lance and Kitty's personalities have changed by the circumstances of their partnership. Because Xavier didn't recruit Kitty at a specific junction point Kitty's outlook on life was warped by hanging with Lance and his gang, and Lance's persona changed due to the support Kitty gives him inspiring him to try harder be tougher and smarter it may have only been two months but when you have two very determined teens angry at the world a lot can change also they have developed a gang mentality which will effect the brotherhood in new ways,

Chapter three: first impressions
Authors Note: /----/ = Telepathic speech

Brotherhood revolution
By Deathsheadx

This chapter starts two days before the beginning of the events of chapter two

Chapter three: first impressions

The Houston monster truck show

At The Houston monster truck show, a large obese teen was in the show as a strong man. At that moment he had just lost his temper over the crowd teasing him over his size

Mystique watched the resulting tantrum. This is the one Irene told her about, the one she needed to recruit she watched as he was escorted off the premises and got up and followed… "Mr dukes?"

"Huh?" Said the kid "what do you want ya come to laugh at me as well?"

"No." said Mystique "I won't laugh at you why should I? We have a lot in common, you and I."

"Yeah right I'm male and… large you're…blue? What the hell?"

Mystique smiled "I'm a mutant like you Dukes."

"A mu-what?"

"A mutant is a being with special abilities my ability is to change shape yours is your strength I've come to offer you a place on my team a place with the Brotherhood of mutants, "

"Fine. When do we get out of here?"

Four days later

It was Fred's first day of school and he was totally lost. he saw a large jock and pulled him up by the collar "Hey you, he said to the jock where am I supposed to be?"

The jock looked at Fred with distaste. "I don't know. How about a sideshow?" He retorted

Freddy saw red and threw the jock down he gets ready to dump a row of lockers on the jerk when he sees the most gorgeous of girls she offered to show him the way to his first class

Later that day,

Kitty Pryde grimaced as she was driven into the swanky mansion that belonged to the cripple

She didn't want to be there she didn't want to join his institute she wanted to be with lance and the Shadowcrew. But she didn't get what she wanted, she got out of the car to see two teenagers waiting for her. One was a good looking boy, a bit…too clean and sterile for her tastes she preferred her men rugged like Lance, the other instantly raised her hackles.

She was a tall girl perfectly proportioned she would probably grow to 5 foot 9 or 10 have large breasts and never get an ounce of cellulite she was dressed in the latest fashions her billowing red mane flowing over her shoulders, it all added up to one thing in her mind,

Preppy.

This girl ran with the IT crowd she had that look of I'm soo much better than you about her. Kitty absolutely hated preppies she wanted to pound this girl but she was no fool. The first rule of the Shadowcrew's rules of engagement never attack without having a clear reason to, no matter how small the reason.

"Hi!" said the boy "I'm Scott Summers welcome to the Xavier institute."

"Hello Katherine I'm Jean—"

"Kitty."

"Pardon?" said Jean

"Call me Kitty," said Kitty

"Okay, Kitty as I was saying my name's Jean grey and like Scott said welcome to the Xavier institute…"

Somebody shoot me now…thought Kitty. They're really laying on the sap pretty heavy and there was no way she was in the mood for that crap. "Whatever just show me my room."

"Wouldn't you like a tour?" said Jean

"What part of 'show me my room' don't you understand?" snapped Kitty

How rude! Thought Jean this girl needs straightening out! Look at her clothes she looks like a Goth hooker and SHE'S giving me dirty looks? First things first I'll have to change her sense of fashion the institute has an image to upkeep! Jean smiled "okay Kitty I'll take you to your room!" she said sweetly

Oh hell no!!! She did not lay on the false sugar!! Bitch! I know that tone… it's the 'as soon as your back is turned I'm going to stab you in the back' tone… and she knows she's doing it! "Fine." said Kitty "lead the way…" just you wait, you'll get yours Jean she thought to herself

Kitty was lead into a room "this is your bedroom…" said Jean

"Thanks, I'm going to crash." said Kitty dropping onto her bed she looked at Jean with one eye "you still here?" She snorted Jean gaped and left the room after Jean left Kitty used her power to phase down a level and explore she looked around for a while but stopped when she heard Jean and Scott talking she rushed back to the stairs and up to her room there was no need to cause any trouble on her first day, That would come later.

Elsewhere in the institute

"So vhat's this new girl like?" asked Kurt Wagner

"I do not know," muttered Kevin "Jean and Scott went to greet her…"

/--I wonder why we were not allowed to meet her yet?--/ said Jonathan Starsmore telepathically

"The way I hear it this girl's a psycho!" said Kevin

"Vere, did you hear that?" Asked Kurt

"Well, professor was talking to Scott."

/--You were eavesdropping? Whoa the saint is dead long live the sinner--/ said Jonathan… /--welcome to the Darkside kev!--/

"It wasn't like that! I fell asleep outside the library under the window and when I woke up they were talking…"

"Vhat did they say?"

"It seems she was running with a gang of boys bullying other kids, the last straw for her folks was she stabbed someone up!"

"No Vay" gasped Kurt surely "she can't be that bad!"

"That's what the professor told Scott said Kevin she got into a fight at school and stabbed a boy her folks shipped her off to the institute within 24 hours."

"I can understand violence like that on the street but in school?"

/--Kurt obviously you've lead a sheltered life this is America a country where kids pick up guns walk into school and kill their classmates cause they're wannabe Goths stuff like this rarely happens in the UK--/ said, Jonathan

"Do you have to be so negative!!!" Said, Kevin

/--I'm British its what we do.--/ shrugged Jonathan…

----------

"That girl is so hostile and rude!" Snapped Jean

"Jean don't be like that maybe she's just upset about being relocated…"

"Oh come on Scott I know the professor told you about her unsavoury activities!"

"He did. However, it doesn't mean that I won't give her a chance just like we're going to give that new boy Fred a chance which reminds me do you think Freddy will join us jean?" Asked Scott

"I'm not too sure, he's so quick-tempered! You saw what happened at lunch!"

Scot remembered, At lunch, Fred had arrived in the lunchroom with a HUGE tray of food. When he sat down he accidentally flipped the table and sent all his food flying into Duncan and his jock friends. Scot had enjoyed seeing what happened to Duncan but in the insuring food fight, Fred lost it and started trashing the cafeteria. He almost slammed a table into Jean. But Jean eventually got him to calm down and leave. "Yeah Jean he has a temper, but you calm him down pretty quickly I think he's got a crush on you."

"EWWWWW! No way! Oh, thanks a lot Scott! Now I've got a mental image of him in my mind! Yuck! No offence but he's overweight and slow! Let's change the subject!"

"But I was enjoying watching you squirm!"

"So what about you and that Rogue girl? I heard that the two of you have to do a scene from Henry V?"

Scots thoughts drifted to his teaming with Rogue he remembered asking her if she was cool with it and she retorted that she was not afraid of him and for his 'weirdo friends' to keep their distance. But there wasn't really any malice in her eyes "Yeah we've got to do a scene together… she's a nice girl really I just don't understand why she would hook up with Mystiques crew."

"She's a nice girl?" said Jean with an arched eyebrow….

Upstairs Kitty was unpacking her stuff,

/--Everybody please convene in the study--/ came a voice in her head

"What the hell? That was in my mind!" gasped Kitty looking around

/--Its called telepathy able to communicate via thought--/

Well I don't like it you could be routing through my mind thought Kitty

/--I assure you I respect every student's privacy--/

Kitty shrugged as she made her way downstairs…

She entered the study to see three boys plus Jean and Scott

Professor Xavier entered and behind him was a tall Nubian woman with exotic long white hair

"Okay students." said Xavier "we have a new arrival Katherine Pryde I've called this meeting as a way of getting to know each other. I want you to introduce yourselves and talk about your powers, Scott Jean, you start off…"

"I'm Jean grey and I'm one of the professor's first students I have telepathy which means I can read and project thoughts and telekinesis which means I can move stuff with my mind."

You're also a pretensions little preppy thought Kitty

"I'm Scott summers I'm also one of the professor's first students I have the power to convert solar energy into concussive blasts of force which I project through my eyes…but due to brain damage when I was a kid Its continuous which is why I have to wear these ruby quartz shades… it's the only thing that can hold back my powers."

Oh, so that's why he wears those freaky shades…thought Kitty

"I'm Kevin green I arrived 3 weeks ago I've got this cool power to turn into a big muscular superman with super strength and the ability to fly!"

Typical, 14-year-old comic geek, thought Kitty, him and Mickey would get along fine…

"I'm Kurt Wagner and I can teleport see in the dark, and climb walls, oh and this is my real appearance!" he tapped his wrist revealing a blue furry boy with a tail.

"F@~#k!" Swore Kitty as she scrambled away "what are you!"

Kurt looked dejected and pressed his watch returning to what looked like normal

"Kurt's mutation was visible since birth the image inducer enables him to hide it," said Xavier

Kitty shrugged and turned away from Kurt

/--I guess it's my turn--/ said Jonathan /--I'm Jonathan Starsmore I'm the son of a British lord I'm a psionic battery. When my powers manifested I blew away my lower jaw and half my chest he removed the scarf around his face to reveal the psionic energy that spewed out of his body.--/

"Oh god that's terrible!" exclaimed Kitty feeling very bad for Jonathan "is that why you talk in people's minds?"

Jonathan nodded

Kurt felt a little angry how was it she could be repulsed by Kurt's appearance yet have pity for Jono's?

"So Katherine what about your powers why are you here?"

Kitty frowned

"Well first off call me Kitty. I'm here cause my folks are too chicken to face the fact that their daughter has powers… I'm here because Xavier sweet-talked my mom into shipping me here against my wishes."

"Kitty I did not…"

"Yes, you did! You phoned up my mom telling them to send me here!"

"I wanted to help you learn to use your powers…"

"I was doing perfectly fine with my crew!"

"Say…" said Kevin "how did you get the bandage?"

Kitty stopped mid-rant "oh this? I got it cause Frank knifed me."

"Is Frank the guy you stabbed up?" Asked Kurt with a hint of malice

"Kurt!" Snapped Xavier

"Yeah, I stabbed him pity I didn't get to carve up his face! he and his Gator pals jumped a member of my crew!"

"You were in a gang?"

"Yeah, I was in a gang until baldy here dragged me away!"

"Katherine its not like that I—"

"KITTY! I said call me Kitty argh!!! I don't want to be here!" she stormed out of the room…

/--Well that went well--/ said, Jonathan

--- --- --- ---

The next day

"Jean! Jean, can I talk to you?"

"Not now Fred!"

"But Jean! It'll only take a—"

"I'm busy Fred I have stuff to do!"

Fred found himself getting angry "all I want is a word with you!" He grabbed Jean's arm and dragged her off so he could talk to her privately. A fight ensued and Jean was accidentally knocked out by some falling scaffolding.

"Ohhhh what hit me?" groaned Jean as she opened her eyes "what? How the hell did I end up here? And why am I tied up?" /--PROFESSOR!!!--/ She screamed telepathically

The Xavier institute

"She's refusing to participate, Chuck," said Wolverine

"Yes, Kitty has great animosity for the institute…in time I hope to rid her of such animosity… I--Jean? Wolverine jeans in trouble… gather the others and find her!"

"Okay, Kurt! Jono! Kitty! Let's move jeans in trouble!"

"As if!" Snorted Kitty "I'm not one of your little toy soldiers you can order around!"

Wolverine snarled and looked at Kitty "fine! The rest of you come on!"

Rogue and Scott are rehearsing their scene. After they finished Rogue sighed. He's so beautiful, she thought to herself. "the girls are right, You are a charmer." She said softly

Scott found himself blushing "Look, I'm just reading the lines, okay?"

Rogue shrugged "Yeah, I know, it's just that sometimes I wish--"

"Yeah, wish what?"

"Wish I could get close to somebody, but you know what happens when I do!"

Scott nodded when Kurt and Jonathan teleported in front of him. "Kurt? Jono?"

"Jeans in trouble Scott! Someone's kidnapped her!"

"I knew I should have kept an eye on her!" Snapped Scott getting up

Rogue felt her world crumble once more he only had eyes for that Jean girl, her sadness turned to anger

"Rogue, " said Scott noticing the anger on her face "do you know anything about this?"

"Even if ah did ah wouldn't tell you!" Snapped Rogue

Scott looked at Rogue sadly "I hope you can live with your conscience." And with that Kurt Jonathan and Scott port away.

"Why did you have to be so mean?" ranted Freddy "I know I'm not the smartest guy or good looking I know I've got a temper but all I wanted to do was talk! I like you Jean I would love to be your boyfriend!"

"No way would I go out with you, you tub of lard!" Snapped Jean

Freddy looked like he had been slapped, "You're like all the others he snarled they lead you on, act all friendly and the moment you don't fit in with their plans they hurt you…"

"Decent boys don't kidnap people you freak!"

"I AM NOT A FREAK!" Roared Freddy just then Wolverine burst in he lunged at Freddy, but Freddy knocked him out with a tremendous punch. Then Scott burst in and blasted Freddy, pushing Freddy back a bit. Freddy throws Wolverine at him knocking him out too. Jonathan races in but he wss grabbed and slammed into the ground, hard. "Why are you attacking me? I didn't attack you!" roared Freddy suddenly a filing cabinet hit Freddy right in the face

Freddy grabbed a large piece of machinery "why? We could have been great together! We could have been friends why did you have to be so mean!" He went to slam the machinery on Jean when an optic blast destroyed it "wha?" He snapped spinning round to see Rogue

"Leave her alone, ya yahoo!"

"What are you going to do?" Snapped Freddy "Make me wear bad makeup?"

"Didn't Mystique tell you what my power is?"

"No, cause I don't care! This bitch has to pay and you're in my way!"

"My power is your power, and I can take more than one!" said Rogue as she grabbed Freddy's arm

"I got too much power even for you." Grunted Freddy but then he gasped, as he felt weak. "You can't hurt me. I'm the Blob!"

"Nah, you're just garbage that wanted a date, and I'll tell you I'm taking you out!" And with that, she knocked him away

"Th-thank you, Rogue, " said Jean. "But why? Why did you help us?"

"Ah don't know." Said Rogue before turning away and leaving the Xmen. Mystique and Sarah walks unseen sat in a car watching the whole scene.

"This…this is not good," said Sarah…

Mystique nodded "if she can't get it together she could jeopardise the whole operation…"

To be Continued

Users who are viewing this thread

Back