1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shazam/Captain Marvel 's origin of power [QUESTION]

Discussion in 'General' started by InfiniteDreams, Jan 17, 2021.

1. InfiniteDreams

InfiniteDreams Making the rounds.

A small doubt:

Do shazam's power come from the gods themselves or tied to the gods directly or are the gods names just names and nothing more then a representation of a particular ability.

Say if a god dies does shazam lose the power from that god?

I'm planning on a writing a fanfic and I was wondering if say shazam wanted to fight a god then could the god just take that power away and render Shazam powerless.

2. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Shazam gets his power through the gods, and he uses Zeus’ lightning to transform. In the Injustice timeline, Zeus has taken his power back from Billy Batson, preventing him from using the rest of his abilities too, since he can’t use the lightning to transform anymore. It’s likely that the other gods might also be able to revoke their patronage, though it’s hard to say conclusively.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

Do note that the power doesn’t necessarily need to be the Greek gods, after all, Black Adam draws his power from a different set of them.

Kasai17Black and Prince Charon like this.
  4. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

And Sabbac gets his from demons and evil gods and gods of evil. I wasn’t aware of any of them having their power revoked though, so I didn’t bring them up.

Prince Charon likes this.
  5. InfiniteDreams

InfiniteDreams Making the rounds.

Hmmm... thank dudes. I thought the rock of eternity was the true source of power and the gods were nothing more then names to label each letter of the word shazam. At least some posts on the internet say that but since its a fanfiction I can always mold the universe to my liking.

Darthwitcher likes this.
  6. The Punisher

The Punisher Know what you're doing yet?

• Don't necro. This is against Rule 7.
    Black adam always makes sure he has his gods support when he is going to do something he feels is wrong, so even in other universes that isnt injustice the gods who give the abilities are a big deal