• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Shin Megami Campione

Bloodshifter said:
Never played this shin megame thing what is it?
Its a Series of games where well nintendo hard is normal for most enemys as you can quite easily dy from a random encounter.Quoting Tropes here for a moment
"The games tend to involve using technology to summon and control mythological figures from nearly every culture on the planet, as well as the end of the world, deconstructions of common RPG storylines and far-out monster designs.

Thematically, the series emphasises following your own beliefs: plots tend to revolve around the forces of Order and Chaos battling it out for supremacy, and you are generally given complete freedom in deciding which side is "right". If neither side takes your fancy, you can even kick both their butts and declare yourself as supreme ruler. The Law factions usually include the Christian worldview with a heavy dose of Knight Templar and God Is Evil, while the Chaos side views itself as The Unfettered and Social Darwinist. Neutrality would seem a safe bet, being the "island of stability" where humans thrive, except for one or two teensy flaws we happen to be lugging around."

You start out as a human and most of the time gain acess to a method of summoning demon on a technological basis that you obtain by bribing them and then doing horrific magical science to them.
Standart stuff that you have to decide on is "your mother is turning into a mindless demon in front of her eyes Kill her or let her linger on?" Most NPCs die around you and you usualy learn yes there is a plural of apocalypse and you will be forced to learn the word as it will happen to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. Well then I feel that these Gods are all from this game then well that explains why my guesses are off Christian Era Gods/Demons with various occult themes mixed in... well that is certianly new if somewhat troubling.

Bloodshifter said:
Ah. Well then I feel that these Gods are all from this game then well that explains why my guesses are off Christian Era Gods/Demons with various occult themes mixed in... well that is certianly new if somewhat troubling.

Well we got ancient egyptian goods and hindu ones running around, with the oldest one being the frigging rainbow snake to more modern creatures that are strange like the mothman . The point is that they are all labeld under the umbrella "demons" are they basically lost a war against "The will of all" which is a evil version of the judeo christian god that came to prominence that way.

[x] The Mother Earth Goddess, the Wife of the King, a bitter goddess who you fooled into breaking her own word, given when she forced you into the death contest for her own amusement, striking her down with her own curse.

[x] If there is strange lights in the parks, something must be causing it. Maybe you could go to the local park and poke around.

Scia said:
Well we got ancient egyptian goods and hindu ones running around, with the oldest one being the frigging rainbow snake to more modern creatures that are strange like the mothman . The point is that they are all labeld under the umbrella "demons" are they basically lost a war against "The will of all" which is a evil version of the judeo christian god that came to prominence that way.
Well I was talking about actual Evil/Dark Gods over the Demonized Old Gods(Roman/Norse/Celtic/Aztec).

And you may have some Old Gods running around but a good chunk of the are of Christian Descent or influenced by Abrahamic Religion.

Bloodshifter said:
Well I was talking about actual Evil/Dark Gods over the Demonized Old Gods(Roman/Norse/Celtic/Aztec).

And you may have some Old Gods running around but a good chunk of the are of Christian Descent or influenced by Abrahamic Religion.

Okay the idea how how example Sussano is influenced by christianty or Isis..And the Problem with that is that Abrahamtic religions are often our main source in regards to those gods.

Scia said:
Okay the idea how how example Sussano is influenced by christianty or Isis..And the Problem with that is that Abrahamtic religions are often our main source in regards to those gods.

Well technically I guess I should have said Juedo-Christian instead of Abrahamtic because that is too wide a term... my fault. XD

And most 'Gods' out of the Middle East/ Egypt/ Mediaterrian/ parts of India all stem from the same Legend not only that some are blanant ripoffs from other Gods.

True Unique existances are
Norse/Celtic (Vallaha and 'Core' of the Aesir rest were taken from various neighbors./Druidism)
Middle East (Islam Eventually Jeudo-Christians but 'gods' are the same eventually fracturing and stealing various Gods to turn into Demons and populate Norse Hel renamed Hell [brillant cover up!])
China (Limited Pantheon with various HEROIC Legends)
Americas Before C.C. (Spiritualism and Aztec Blood Gods)

@Vin yes you'd be surprised how many 'Demons' and 'Saints' were taken from other Religions.

I'm well aware of contemporary demonology, yes.

But can you honestly say with a straight face that Ra and Helios are the same god because they are both solar deities? That Cernunnos has anything but a vague resemblance to Skadi, or that Skadi is identical to Artemis? Really?

EDIT- More seriously, laughing at the 'Of Christian Origin' which you defend with... the fact that Christianity ripped everyone else's gods and holy days off for their own benefit.

[X] The Lawgiver and Order-Maker, She who stands as creation, the goddess who regulated the seasons, who forced you into serving a roll you wished not to fill.. and once you found a loophole, and poisoned her cup, you served no more.

[X] Alia, a computer expert you know, might have some sort of clue.. you know she runs on some strange message boards. Maybe you can go talk to her?

Vindictus said:
I'm well aware of contemporary demonology, yes.

But can you honestly say with a straight face that Ra and Helios are the same god because they are both solar deities? That Cernunnos has anything but a vague resemblance to Skadi, or that Skadi is identical to Artemis? Really?

EDIT- More seriously, laughing at the 'Of Christian Origin' which you defend with... the fact that Christianity ripped everyone else's gods and holy days off for their own benefit.
Your purposely comparing Gods that I stated are of Unique Origins which I appluad the fact people are upping you for.

But Epygtian, Greek(Roman who shamelessly stole them) are documented to have descended from Primordial Deities once worshipped in Africa Set in particular is a straight rip off for a Death God found Un-named in Central Africa decades before his Cult/Worship was started in Egypt.

Of JUEDO-Chistian origin Which has its Roots In Islam and futher more stepped in Egyptian teachings.

Considering the Quran is the First part of the Old testament till Muhammad. I wouldn't be surprised someone understood its roots.

And I guess I did fudge on skipping the African/Egyptian Gods my Bad.

You did, in fact, group the gods I listed together... Except for Artemis/Skadi [Which, ironically, is the most similar pair out of the group]. Cernunnos and Skadi fall under Celtic/Norse, Helios and Ra under Greek/Egyptian.

And you're missing half of my point. You are ascribing the origin of these deities to Judeo-Christianity. This is incorrect. Christianity ripped them off, not the other way around.

And ignored the point that there are enough base lines to see that the indoeuropean gods are based on the same protomythologies. so that we can for example see of the linguistic roots of the aesir go back to the Indo-Iranian basics.
And heck the abrahamitc religions are comperlativ new with the monotheism first apearing for them at around 600BC.
Now in regards to Syncretism the chief points there are the dates in regards to jesus ,based on Mithras for example. And some rare saints like Bridgit but most of those have by now been purged from at least the basic catholic canon.

Vindictus said:
You did, in fact, group the gods I listed together... Except for Artemis/Skadi [Which, ironically, is the most similar pair out of the group]. Cernunnos and Skadi fall under Celtic/Norse, Helios and Ra under Greek/Egyptian.

And you're missing half of my point. You are ascribing the origin of these deities to Judeo-Christianity. This is incorrect. Christianity ripped them off, not the other way around.
No I did say VERY clearly that Christians ripped everyone off New Testament should be called the Book of Thieves. Artemis Legend is descended from another God in the AFRICAN Pathneon not Egyptian. Gaeltic Deities came around the sme time as Norse so there is a Few Unique Gods but They bothstarted stealing from one another the examples YOU gave are Unique but you fail to list any of the others? 1 out of 100's is not surprising Near to the End of the Roman Era many Deities can be traced to another Pathneon not to mention Norse and Gaul HEROES Hound of Ulster, Heimdall, Hel, The Valkyries, Freya... all had Counters of some sort.Achilles, Heimdalr(Germanic SKY god), Hell, Angels of Unparallelled Beauty, Inanna(Sumerian). Heilos actually descended into what would become Apollo and eventually Sol Ra is more akin to Zues due to his rise to power, but they share NO connection.
Scia said:
And ignored the point that there are enough base lines to see that the indoeuropean gods are based on the same protomythologies. so that we can for example see of the linguistic roots of the aesir go back to the Indo-Iranian basics.
And heck the abrahamitc religions are comperlativ new with the monotheism first apearing for them at around 600BC.
Now in regards to Syncretism the chief points there are the dates in regards to jesus ,based on Mithras for example. And some rare saints like Bridgit but most of those have by now been purged from at least the basic catholic canon.

Thing is I can point that Homo Sapiens ALL shared the Same Origins to Homo Sapiens Sapiens. The first Gods were of Death and Shadow Un-named and forgotten. ProtoMythology is funny in the fact that Humans used to Migrate across the World till the end of the Ice Age. Indo-Germanic IS technically the entire World with the exception of our Lost cousins in Africa and Asia I would add the Americas but they shared their root as well.

Now if you feel the need to continue I'll gladly do a thread of we can take it to a PM.

[x] The Mother Earth Goddess, the Wife of the King, a bitter goddess who you fooled into breaking her own word, given when she forced you into the death contest for her own amusement, striking her down with her own curse.
[x] If there is strange lights in the parks, something must be causing it. Maybe you could go to the local park and poke around.

[Alexander, Liam-don, Ct613hulu, hunter09, Ardion Prosili, Pipeman, BlackWarth] The Sky God, the great God of the Sun, whom you tricked into striking himself with his own weapon, allowing you to rip him to shreds by feeding him into some industrial equipment as he lay wounded.
[MHLord] The Mother Earth Goddess, the Wife of the King, a bitter goddess who you fooled into breaking her own word, given when she forced you into the death contest for her own amusement, striking her down with her own curse.
[Bloodshifter, RLDX] The War God, the God of Steel, the one who bore copper weapons with great skill, defeated by being fooled into breaking down the wall that kept water from drowning the both of you. To this day, you do not understand how you survived.
[shaderic, Selias, Robotninja, Redon, enthalpy, Emral282] The Lawgiver and Order-Maker, She who stands as creation, the goddess who regulated the seasons, who forced you into serving a roll you wished not to fill.. and once you found a loophole, and poisoned her cup, you served no more.

[Vindictus, Scia] The three-faced crow which sows terror across the fields of war. She spoke to you of your inevitable demise, and in your fear and terror you somehow managed to break the chains of fate and impale her upon a jagged rod of iron, leaving her corpse in place of your own.

[Scia] You know a bar somewhere nearby, why not drop in and listen to the drunks for a while? Find out in more detail about all these rumors?
[shaderic, Selias, Robotninja, Liam-don, Ct613hulu, Redon, enthalpy, RLDX, Ardion Prosili, BlackWarth, Emral282] Alia, a computer expert you know, might have some sort of clue.. you know she runs on some strange message boards. Maybe you can go talk to her?
[Alexander, Pipeman] Your younger brother sent you a message yesterday, saying you should come by and see his new digs sometime. Maybe now?
[hunter09] All this worrying has stressed you out. You think you'll go out to the swimming pool and swim for a while, relax, and maybe do some more planning.
[MHLord] If there is strange lights in the parks, something must be causing it. Maybe you could go to the local park and poke around.

Yes, three weeks since your encounter with Horus, the falcon headed Egyptian god, and his demise..

Three weeks since you killed him. And in killing him.. changed. Three weeks since you stole some of his powers with his death. And in those three weeks you have learned of the two authorities you now possess...

The power of the Falcon of the Sky, and it's ability to transform you into a divine beast, either in whole or in part, and the authority of the Burning Blood of the Sun, this ability to transform your very lifesource into solar fire and expel it from your body, either to rend a foe or be shaped into useful tools of war...

These amazing powers.. are they truly meant for a mortal to bear? The powers of a god stolen by a ritual of sacrifice?

No way to change what has been, however, and you have no intention of dying for your 'sins' of self defense.

You're tired of sitting around and waiting for the next fireball to land. It's time to get back out there and talk to your friends, figure out what has happened with the city while you were on vacation in the countryside.

You could go see your brothers new place.. but honestly, you've seen the pictures he emailed you, and you know if you go you'll be blackmailed into staying for dinner and you want to get up and moving, not waste another day.. The pool may sound inviting, but you just decided not to waste time, and the same goes for the bar.

Now, you could go and poke around in the park, but 'strange lights' leaves a lot of things open, and better to get more information first.

And so, successfully having talked yourself into doing what you wanted to do, you go off to talk to Alia, she of the strange message boards.

..Though, come to think of it, if you're going to show up unexpectedly after being a shut in for so long.. Um..

Hum, yes, a bribe does seem like a good idea.

And so, several minutes later. you find yourself in line in a small corner market, a large container of her beloved (And gross to you) tomato juice in hand, behind an elderly man picking up some milk and in front of a trio of teenagers buying some snacks. (Huh, that kid's music is surprisingly catchy. Strange fashion statement to wear headphones on a hat though..)

And then the lights flicker, and strange noises emerge from behind the shop..

After several moments of uneasy silence, nothing more can be heard, and you buy your juice and exit the store... But while putting the juice into your car, you feel a sudden urge to investigate...

[ ] Go Look?
[ ] Just go on to Alia?

Ah to be a survivor or not to be a survior...

[x] Go Look?
Also would the other choices have led us to Devil Survivor or would they have resulted in other SMT games?

[X] Go look

Are we now in Devil Survivor? How come? Are those three guys people from DS?

I think so because of the distinctive headgear and the part that reminds me of the initial summoning in DS1. And welll the important that hacking had in that game comperable to stevens program or soul hackers at least.

This is neither set in a canon SMT or Campione verse, but rather one in which I have stolen ideas from all SMT and Campione stuff and mixed into my own plot. I will admit Devil Survivor and the early Persona games have more influence then the ones actually called SMT on the simple grounds that I've played those ones far far more. Your choices will not change which universe you are in, or how long the peaceful times before {Redacted} happens, nor is it dependent on only one verse for how 'mundane' humans will be using magic/the DPP. Both verses have fertilized each others way of doing things, and neither is completely dominate.
Yes, the DPP, not the DSP. I told you things had changed.
(In fact I really need to go play DS1 again to remember how bits of it worked..)

[X] Go Look?

Placing your bags into the back of your car, you cautiously make your way around the building, eventually making your way to the crack between the back of the store and.. whatever that large building behind it is. Peeking in, you see a pair of back doors (Closed) and a dead end.. as well as a knocked over trash can rolling in the alleyway, down in your direction from the dead end.

Carefully making your way down the alley, eying the shadows.. nothing much shows up until you reach the end of the dark road, where you find..

Well, nothing, really. Only a knocked over garbage can. You toe the sewer lid for a moment, but as far as you can tell it's securely screwed in, and from the dust hasn't been disturbed in a while. Not that you were looking forwards to a first hand visit to the land of sewage.

All in all, this seems like a waste of time, really. But.. you wonder. How did whatever in her get out if they didn't go out through the front? That garbage can was freshly knocked over..

And then, remembering one important power you possess, you realize their is one direction you haven't looked.

And then you see it.

The claw marks. A good five feet above your head and leading up the building. Your gaze follows the trail, unable to resist the draw even though a million horror movies tell you the results. And find... Nothing? The fire escape is empty, and nothing crouches on the walls waiting to pounce. Sighing with relief, you turn to leave the allyway. While something made those claw marks.. you don't really want to meet them.

Still, you.. wait, what's that? In the shadowed mouth of the allyway, the only exit, a tall lanky figure with a misshapen seeming head... Is this the monster come back!?

[ ] What do you do?

[X] "Umm... Hi?"
- [x] Get ready to make something sharp and pointy, and large enough to cut him/it in one slash preferably, using our Blood of the Sun Authority and/or turn or feet into talons to claw him up using our Falcon of the Sky Authority.

[X] Call out and ask them to identify themselves.
-[X] Be ready to retaliate with your Authorities, if they attack.

[X] Carefully approach without making sounds.
-[X] If it is hostile: get ready to make something sharp and pointy, and large enough to cut him/it in one slash preferably, using our Blood of the Sun Authority and/or turn or feet into talons to claw him up using our Falcon of the Sky Authority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back