• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Short stories based on songs

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Into a portside bar late one clear skied evening a man walks looking for a drink to relax. As he...
Bones in the ocean

Mrmister

Slaughterer of pidgey
Into a portside bar late one clear skied evening a man walks looking for a drink to relax. As he enters a performer steps on stage and the room quiets slightly as they begin.
"I heard this song from an old man who lived in a lighthouse alone.
He did not talk to me but allowed nothing to interrupt him as he sang this each night."
The room was silent and the man sat as the singer began.
"Oh, I bid Farwell to the port and the land.....I remember the fallen and they think of me for our souls in the ocean together will be."
The bar remained silent as one privateer rose and walked toward the stage he stood in front of the stage and still managed to loom over the performer despite the the 3ft stage. the shipmate stared into the bards eyes before looking down at the hat placed for donations. The rough sailor reached into his pocket and pulled a single coin with a mutter that echoed through the room he spoke, "for Roswald" and dropped the coin before turning away back to his drink.
One by one the entire bar occupants rose to repeat this "for the Santa Marie", "for Arnold", "for Billy" ...
The man sat and stared as each patron gave a coin. His mouth had dried seconds into the song and he could not swallow not matter how he tried.
Abruptly he too rose but instead walked back out the door he entered just minutes ago. He did not feel like drinking; not on such a rainy night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back