• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

So, a fic about Greg or another male teenager in Brockton Bay would be only allowed here, right?

BrickedKeyboard

Getting out there.
Let's be honest. Remember being a teenager in high school? You had a perpetual half boner and all the chicks seemed incredibly smoking hot. If I wrote a fic from a loser like Greg's perspective, a realistic perspective would be that he walks the halls of Winslow, lusting after every chick there. Yet, he lacks the confidence, muscle mass, etc to actually interest any of them. He isn't getting anywhere even with Taylor. He goes home, beats off, and trolls the forums. Lots of angst.

And, if he triggers with a power, he's going to want to use it to get what he wants.

So, I can't describe the mind of a teenage boy or the possible outcome if he gets what he's after on the other 2 sites, can I? Despite there being movies like American pie the explicitly describe everything I had in mind?

Well, I suppose, the story might take a darker turn. What would a lustful teenage boy do if he had a parahuman power? If he was smart, he'd tried to get some tail by costuming up and banging the groupies. If he were dumb or impatient, he might try rape.

Sure... you could post it here... if it's SFW, in the SFW se... I can't say it with a straight face. A teenager POV would likely end up in the NSFW section due to hormones and such.

Everyone shits. A story that goes into intense detail about the actual act of taking a shit, or even mentions it everytime is going to get many strange looks and banned from some communities. In fact, it is quite easy to ignore the act entirely, and most stories do.

I would wager that the incidence rate of masturbation is somewhat lower. It is possible to write a story without particular focus on either act. What's more, while Greg definitely is interested in Taylor particularly, he has a lot of other interests too. Acknowledgement, respect, self-esteem, etc that are just as important or just as valid ways to take the character.

So, while you can't really put a story about how a 15 year old boy gets super-powers and proceeds to rape all his classmates on SV, that's nowhere near the sum total of ways to take the story.

There have been any number of realistic teenage protagonists that had little to no sex whatsoever in their stories, even 'losers' or 'typical nerdy' types. Personally, I imagine that getting superpowers and, depending on how Greg's career goes, not dying horribly, might be more pressing than getting laid. Becoming a superhero to get a specific girl, developing PTSD and dealing with all sorts of trauma for example.

Worm itself has any number of teenagers that clearly have emotional drama displayed, and yet the story never settles beyond a few passing lines to suggest two people are fooling around in that age bracket. Given the number of distractions and plot points available, it's not only possible but very easy to write a story about Greg getting superpowers that's entirely postable on SV.

Are there permutations of the story that could only work on QQ? Sure. But I can say the same for nearly any topic you give me from apples to volcanoes. Teenage boys are not particularly special in this respect.

Everyone shits. A story that goes into intense detail about the actual act of taking a shit, or even mentions it everytime is going to get many strange looks and banned from some communities. In fact, it is quite easy to ignore the act entirely, and most stories do.

I would wager that the incidence rate of masturbation is somewhat lower. It is possible to write a story without particular focus on either act. What's more, while Greg definitely is interested in Taylor particularly, he has a lot of other interests too. Acknowledgement, respect, self-esteem, etc that are just as important or just as valid ways to take the character.

So, while you can't really put a story about how a 15 year old boy gets super-powers and proceeds to rape all his classmates on SV, that's nowhere near the sum total of ways to take the story.

There have been any number of realistic teenage protagonists that had little to no sex whatsoever in their stories, even 'losers' or 'typical nerdy' types. Personally, I imagine that getting superpowers and, depending on how Greg's career goes, not dying horribly, might be more pressing than getting laid. Becoming a superhero to get a specific girl, developing PTSD and dealing with all sorts of trauma for example.

Worm itself has any number of teenagers that clearly have emotional drama displayed, and yet the story never settles beyond a few passing lines to suggest two people are fooling around in that age bracket. Given the number of distractions and plot points available, it's not only possible but very easy to write a story about Greg getting superpowers that's entirely postable on SV.

Are there permutations of the story that could only work on QQ? Sure. But I can say the same for nearly any topic you give me from apples to volcanoes. Teenage boys are not particularly special in this respect.
I'm currently writing Junior Hero, which has a teenage boy with a smokin' hot girlfriend.

But he's a Tinker, so his energy is (mostly) subsumed in his work (see Armsmaster for another example).

Note, however, that it's also got a fairly low vote count. I suspect that this could be because of the lack of teenage hormones making him do stupid stuff for sex.

I could make it a lot more NSFW, but that would necessitate me pulling off of three of the sites I'm running it on :p

I don't know what kind of puberty you had or what kind of girls/women went to your school, and it might just be that my teachers were fucking ugly (that French teacher with D-cups disagrees), but half-boners were apparently lot less common for me than this site has led me to believe...

Remember being a teenager in high school? You had a perpetual half boner and all the chicks seemed incredibly smoking hot. If I wrote a fic from a loser like Greg's perspective, a realistic perspective would be that he walks the halls of Winslow, lusting after every chick there. Yet, he lacks the confidence, muscle mass, etc to actually interest any of them. He isn't getting anywhere even with Taylor. He goes home, beats off, and trolls the forums. Lots of angst.
You just have to leave out everything I bolded and possibly the underlined parts too. As long as you avoid PoV/author mindreading, it probably is possible to show in text Greg's and girls attractions' to others, though if it is implied to be sexual attraction I'd rec clearing it.

However, I get the feeling that you want to explore the character's mind. As such, while it is still possible to show physical attraction by involuntary attention wandering, his possible fantasizing about screwing the girls he sees is definitely something that I'm not sure can be even implied, per "no fade to black".

It is, strictly speaking, still possible to post a variant of it on SV, provided you clear it with mods first - there are such exceptions for most debauched content that doesn't run afoul of the "No illegal content" rules (oh yeah, and underage written lewd fiction does). But it is also quite possible to be told to seek another site. "Minors Sexualizing Minors: An introspective story" is something mods dislike.

I don't know what kind of puberty you had or what kind of girls/women went to your school, and it might just be that my teachers were fucking ugly (that French teacher with D-cups disagrees), but half-boners were apparently lot less common for me than this site has led me to believe...
People at my school would ask me who I thought was hot, and I never had an answer for them. If pressed, I'd tell them apparently I had higher standards than they did. It seemed some people could hardly shut up about who they wanted to screw, but none of my classmates ever really did it for me.

I had one crush, but that was different. It was less "she's hot" and more "she's perfect."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back