1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Soldier of Fortuna [Multiverse Gamer]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by freadtheholyone, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Threadmarks: Part - 1: It's Electric
    freadtheholyone

freadtheholyone Getting sticky.

A/N: So, this another story I've been working on. Hope you enjoy it.

"-The 26 years old USMC Private First Class Jack Bird, who has been serving in Afghanistan for the last fourteen months, disobeyed the orders given directly from his commanding officers, Lieutenant William Russo and Colonel Ben Barnes, and killed all of his squad members, including his three commanding officers, in a 'fit of rage'.

After that incident, he got deported back to the United States, and following after his martial court trials, has been executed after 34 days. The lethal chemicals went into Jack Bird at 07:43, and he was confirmed dead by 07:45. The families of the respected soldiers whom he had killed are still mourning their losses.

Now, the next is an interview with Katheryn Cammick, who is a plus-size model, authoring one of the best-selling books about feminism in modern age: 'Flash of A Woman' and a prominent figure in the American Fat Activism Movement—"

I awoke from a white hospital ceiling to nothing; an endless, though familiar expanse of black void filled my view. I looked around in confusion. The only thing that was filling my vision was a text floating in front of my face.

[Congratulations! You have been selected as the 1st Host of the New Gamer System!]

After reading it, my confusion only rose more. Am I not dead? I remember the time they injected something into me. Am I only dreaming? And what is this thing about Gamer?

[You are not dreaming, and this is very much real.]

Real? What is it, then? I don't remember anything about this in the Holy Books I've read.

[You won't find anything about this in your realm. We had set this system to select a being within the vast pool of Multiverses randomly. ]

[We thought it was malfunctioning because we set it up 3 RPT ago, meaning it was built even before the Solar System you had resided in was created.]

[This is a power many beings would have wanted, but it selected you as the Host. It's a power that incredibly resembles your video games, more specifically, the RPG's.]

[But with this, you become the main character in it.]

So… Basically, this a power that gives me video game mechanics?

[Yes, but a bit more tricky than that.]

How so? I mean, it couldn't be more complicated than the fucking Wizardry, right?

[You will see…]

Then explain it to me goddamit–GRAH!

Skills Gained
    [Gamer's Mind] (Passive)
    Allows the user to think logically and calmly.
    Allows a peaceful state of mind.
    Grants Immunity to Psychological status effects and immunity to psychic based damage.

[Gamer's Body] (Passive)
    Your body will behave like that of an RPG character.

[Observe] (Active)
    Provides Information on a target when used

I felt my mind fill with a sudden spike of anger before it repressed, a dense wall made of hardened slabs and stones immediately blocking off any emotions I had.

[If you are done with the yelling, we need to go through the character creation.]
    Even under the effects of the [Gamer's Mind], I felt the levels of my annoyance suddenly grow.

Name: _

Immediately after the text shows up, a small keyboard appears in front of me. What do I choose, hmm… After nothing comes to my judicious mind, I quickly typed in Jack, my real name, but quickly faced with an error.

[INVALID SELECTION]

Huh, so that's how it is going to be. Scratching at my head, I think back to my previous life, or what I can remember of it, really. There's not much left about it in my mind. Visions of random names, blurry faces, places, anything that were important were gone forever, leaving only the thin exterior of it.
    Luckily, one of the several things I remember was the name of a Dungeons and Dragons character I've been playing as. What was his name again? Ruven Dray? He was a Half-Elf Barbarian. I know that it's a tad unusual for a Half-Elf to be Barbarian, but, hey, it was enjoyable. I type it in quickly. Okay then...I'll use the D&D Character I created a long time ago. That should be fun.

Name: Ruven Dray

[All right, then we can continue to the next step.]

[Please select a race.]
    [Human] [?]

What would I get if I select the question mark?

[Totally random, non-biased selection of races.]

I could get a good one, but being lucky was certainly not my strong suit. I think... I'll pass this. I'm not going to take the risk that the question mark races are insects or, even worse, a [Gungan], so I select [Human] without a worry.

[Human]
    You are a human, not a weird-ass alien hybrid.
    Humans are a jack of all trades but really squishy in all places.
    Racial Perk Gained
    [Jack of All Trades]
    By being human, you can find a easier way to do... well, anything!
    +25% Bonus towards EXP Gain.

Surprisingly, it's not a shit-tier race like I've expected. So, what's next?

[Please select a class.]
    [Warrior/Mage/Rogue/Production]

When I created a character, It has regularly been a Warrior type, but being in the army showed me that Ranged classes are always the better option than melee ones. Because most of their skills revolve around martial-arts or melee weapons, and I'm not about to endanger myself with that yet, depending on where I get to put that could be identical to suicide.

Mages are pretty cool, though they are also at a disadvantage in most worlds. Having the greatest damages and most versatile skillsets doesn't compensate for every other weak aspect. Most mage-builds can only take a few hits before dying to a massive mace to the head. As for Production, I think the sub-classes there aren't nearly as combat-heavy as other ones; besides, I could always select it later, and again, I don't want to die immediately.

Picking [Rogue] would be a better option for me; after all, I've been training for half a decade to become a deadly soldier, though I'm still a bit unsure… Eh, fuck it.

[Please select your specialization.]
    [Bard/Thief/Gunslinger/Assassin/Ranger]

For starters, [Bard] and [Ranger] are a definite no-no. I never understood the what's behind the idea that people thought of selecting [Bard] over any of the other ones would somehow make the game more enjoyable. That fucking sub-class has to be the most boring one ever, even selecting something like [Monk] has its uses.

Next, we have another one of the most hated classes: The [Ranger]. Honestly, this one isn't half-bad when you think about it... I guess it would be quite useless at the start, but as the game progresses this one could become a pain in the ass to fight against, but I won't pick this as a starting sub-class because of obvious and other not-so-obvious reasons.

That only leaves the [Thief], [Gunslinger], [Assassin] to chose from. Hmph... I'm not a boy-scout about stealing, I stole when I was younger too, so I can't be the judge. Howevever, I'm not into the whole dagger-play thing, so pass on that too.

Out of the two, [Gunslinger] seems to be the apparent option. Considering my history with guns, I'll say that's pretty reasonable.

Class Gained
    [Gunslinger] – LVL 1/100 [0%]
    Gain 6 DEX and 4 LCK per LVL

Skills Gained
    [Marksman] (Passive)
    Allows you actually to hit your target when using a ranged weapon.

[Sneak] (Active)
    You can able to hide from any being only if your DEX is higher than said being's WIS.

[Bullseye] (Passive)
    You gain a 10x Boost to your Damage when you hit an organ.

[Firearm Mastery] (Passive) - Tier 1/5
    Your can use any firearms with a efficiency of an average soldier.

All the knowledge that went into my head slightly hurt, but I adjusted to it fairly quickly. So, that's it?

[New Skills can be unlocked as you level up your class, and New Classes can be unlocked once your current Class is maxed.]
    I fucking got it; just finish your 'tutorial' and send me wherever the fuck you want...

Ruven Dray
    Lvl – 1
    Class – Gunslinger – LVL 1/100 [0%]
    Race – Human
    Rank – Mortal
    HP – 100 [20 HP per minute]
    MP – 100 [20 MP per minute]
    SP – 100 [20 SP per minute]
    STR – 10
    VIT – 10
    DEX – 10
    INT – 10
    WIS – 10
    CHA – 10
    LCK – 10
    MP Regen = WIS X2
    MP = INT X10
    SP/HP Regen = VIT X2
    HP/SP = VIT X10

[This is your Status Sheet. You can open it by saying or thinking 'Stats.']

Sure, can I go now?

[No.]
    [As an optional choice, you can choose to take random Perks and Flaws.]
    [For each Flaw taken, there will be a bonus will be given.]

Aight, I'll bite, pull one for me.

Flaw Gained
    [Carnage Aura]
    The ability to have a sense of brutality that's infinitely ferocious.
    Users of this level of brutality tend to have a monstrously infinite yet flawless array of violent methods. The said methods also tend to be unfathomably fearsome and infinitely shocking.
    All living beings will be scared of you, depending on their mental and physical capacity.
    -20 Affection with Anyone you meet.

Perk Gained
    [Demonic Synergy]
    You can empower yourself each time you kill a Demonic Entity.
    Your resistance against Demonic Damage is increased by 45%

This perk could come in handy If I go to a place filled with demons. I couldn't care less about [Carnage Aura]; If I kill some high-powered devils, I'll get stronger in no time! I'll pull another one!

Flaw Gained
    [Spirit of Vengeance]
    You are driven by rage and vengeance. If anyone acts against you, you will be pursuing revenge relentlessly.

Perk Gained
    [Luck Incarnated]
    You have an increased chance to deliver Critical Attacks, more and higher quality Loot.

Well, that wasn't that bad, and the benefits definitely compensate for it. More and better loot for a little thing called rage and vengeance? Screw it, give me another!

Flaw Gained
    [Magical Failure]
    When it comes to magic, you are more incompetent than a box full of cockroaches.
    All EXP gains to Magical Skills are decreased by 85%
    All Magic costs 50% more MP to cast and hold.
    MP Capped at 1000.

Perk Gained
    [Removed Limiter]
    You have broken your limiter; this allows you to advance at a miraculous rate.
    You can learn any skill through effort no matter its requirements.
    Your EXP gain is increased by 65%

Aw, man! I wanted to do magic, and this sucks now. Hey, uh, Game? Will the flaws last forever, or will I be able to get rid of them further down the line? I'm not really happy with this [Magical Failure] flaw.
    Although, I'm losing, what, only 5% EXP in the Magical Skills? Ignoring that, I'll be leveling up incredibly fast. Along with my racial trait, [Removed Limiter] just become the cherry on the top.

[Of course, you can remove them! This is a game after all.]

Wonderful… You got anything else, Game?

Skills Gained

[ID Create] (Active)
    Creates an Instant Dungeon
    [UNAVAILABLE]

[ID Exit] (Active)
    Allows you to leave the Instant Dungeon.

Unavailable? Why is that?

Uh, Gam–

[Welcome to the Game.]
    [Your starter world has been chosen, good luck and don't forget the enjoy the time you take there, Slayer.]

Slayer? What are you–

Unique Perk Gained due to World Transfer

[Berserker Boost]
    Your anger… is your power. You can become stronger, faster, more durable, angrier you get.
    If the user gets angry enough the user can also negate another's abilities/powers.

Unique Skill Gained due to World Transfer

[Glory Kill] (Active/Passive)
    Allows you to kill your crippled enemy in the most brutal, creative... and beautiful way there is.
    The tainted souls of your enemies will be absorbed to strengthen yours. For every soul you stored you gain +0.005% modifier for your every stat.
    You can regain your HP, SP and MP up to 20% of their maximum limits.
    Stored Souls: None

I wake to the sound of a ringing alarm, constantly buzzing everywhere. I tried opening my eyes, but the sudden light temporarily blinded me. Blinking until my vision came back, I tried to sit up, only to hear the unmistakable rattling of the chains. Looking down, I saw that I was shackled down on a sarcophagus; on top of me, there were jammed robotic arms, an occasional bundle of sparks were coming out of its body-frame and joints towards my body and the ground underneath.

I glanced around what I assume is a Ritual Room. Multiple pentagram drawings were lying out on the floor with a collection of candles around them.

Every inch of the room was stained in blood, a lot of blood. Not only that, but piles of numerous corpses and bones were scattered across chaotically.
    Now, I had a idea of where I'd been sent.

Suddenly, I caught a loud gurgle beside me; turning my head towards it, I met with a cybernetically armored standing mess of flesh, in a tattered orange jumpsuit, lunging towards me without an obvious friendly intention. I tried raising my hands out of reflex, but my wrists were wrapped in demon-forged metals.

As the thing next to me slowly got closer to the tombstone, I heard a silent hiss of some kind of being back in my head, speaking to me in a distorted, strange language; but despite how strange it may had been sounded to me, I understood every single part of it.

They are Rage, Brutal, without Mercy.
    But you, you will be Worse.
    Rip and
    Tear until it is done!

With a rage that felt strangely familiar, I tore off my bindings with renewed effort just as the ghoulish thing lunged forward to try and tear out my throat with its rotten teeth. I grabbed it by its head before it could get closer to me, halting its forward momentum with ease. My fingers digging deeply into its empty eye-socket, its scalp gradually tearing away under the immense pressure I give, revealing the rotted sinew and muscle tissue underneath. The rancid smell of decaying meat filled my nostrils as I cranked up the pressure, causing a loud crack reverb across the open room, yet the demon-like monster continued to clack its jaw at me without a withdrawal.

I made sure that its remarkable efforts were rewarded by smashing its deformed skull into a mixture of brain matter and bone on the edge of the eons-old sarcophagus, even causing some parts of it to fly high up to the ceiling.

As the maggot-filled chunks of bloody flesh slowly dripped down onto my body, I looked back at my arms and hands, which were covered in many scars, with pure astonishment. I killed something and did it with my bare hands. I should feel scared, sad and maybe a rush of adrenaline, but I don't feel a thing about it.

No remorse. No excitement. Nothing.

While pondering, I suddenly felt a new rush of power surge through me, my muscles contracting themselves and relaxing at the same time.

It felt like its damned soul was being absorbed into my body. Was the thing I've killed a demon? Am I actually in–

"...Mmmgrrahh.."

Unfortunately, my thoughts were again quickly pushed aside and replaced by an unquenchable rage as I heard more groans in the room.
    Seeing the other two abominations at the corner, I snapped the other chain holding down my arm with minimal effort and promptly combat-rolled on the nearest ground, snatching up the – what looks to be discarded – futuristic-looking pistol on the floor. When I picked it up, a small window on its left side popped out.

[UAC EMG Sidearm]
    It is a small directed energy weapon based on plasma gel - called energy-matter-gel. A pistol relatively weak in damage but makes up with its infinite ammo capacity.
    It could be charged up to 5 seconds to deal with more powerful attacks.
    Deals DEX+20+(5XCHGT)

After reading it, I quickly charge up a few potshots at one of the approaching creatures; blue bolts of argent-energy pierced through its frail body from multiple places until one blasted its head off from its shoulders instantly.

Noticing the other staggering monster, I hastily rolled on the adjacent ground, immediately got up to my feet and grabbed one of them from its right arm with my left; tearing off its armored appendage with ease, making the monster screech uncontrollably in what I assume pure agony. To finish it off, I threw a casual uppercut, effortlessly ripping its scar filled robotic cerebrum from his crooked spine, erratic spurts of thick crimson liquid sprinkled everywhere like a broken gardenhose.
    I was about to release the breath I forget I was holding but just when I thought it was over, I heard another high-pitched shriek across the room. Following right after the beastly noise, my muscles moved on their own accord; raising my arm in my glorious naked state, I readied another shot.
    The blue beams caused a distinct scent of ozone permeate to the air for a second, and as the mud-like flesh bent slightly inwards; blood, and filth erupted from the other side of the room.
    Surprisingly, that was not enough.

Even though it was missing almost half of its body, the Possessed started limping towards me. Seeing that, I charged the weapon up for a second time, a larger bolt of energy erupted from the barrel in front; vibrating the air with a humming sound and giving off absolutely no recoil, yet it was powerful enough to obliterate whole skull of the abnormal demon in a single blast, leaving only a smoking hole on its neck rather than a deformed head.

The demon slowly slumped on the floor; the cauterized flesh couldn't handle the build-up pressure from arteries and exploded in a geyser of ever-expanding pool of thick, acidic liquid, forming right beneath the already-rotting body, creating massive bubbles on the corpse and further accelerating its rotting process.

My vision was already going back to normal as the effects of [Berserker Boost] faded away. I took a deep breath and watched my 'HUD' fill itself with various notifications from System.

[Level Up! X5, +600 Credits, +4 Stat Points from the Demons Absorbed.]

Hidden Quest Complete
    [Welcome To The UAC]
    Objective – Kill The 4 Possessed in The Ritual Room (4/4)
    Rewards – Gacha Coin, 250 EXP, [Lesser Blessing of The Seraphim], +4 to All Stats

Title Unlocked
    [Doom Slayer]
    Whenever this Title is equipped, the user will feel an incredible fury and hatred against the [Demon] Race.
    +20% Extra Damage to [Demon] type foes.
    -20% Reputation Gain Modifier with the [Demon] type beings.

Yep… That confirms it. I'd been sent to the Doom.
    More specifically, Doom 2016, not the Eternal.
    Fucking perfect.

I scanned the room around, noticing it to be almost exactly the same as it was back when I first played the game. I didn't bother with watching the holographic recording that showed Olivia Pierce and a group of zealous followers from her cult; instead, I chose to simply rip the door open to the room that held my Praetor Suit.

The second I saw the armor, I swear I could feel a sudden hardening around my shaft.

[Praetor Armor]
    This is an advanced exo-skeleton that is almost impervious to any damage, used by the Doom Marine.
    It can absorb Argent-energy through small receptors on the gloves and chest plate that attracted Argent plasma and dissipated it through capillary tubes in the substructure.
    The wearer of this armor could switch between any of the weapons in his Inventory without delay.
    This armor is Upgradable through specific actions.
    +500 HP When Equipped.

The suit is mostly green, silver, and brown in color, with slightly lighter legs and helmet, and is clearly designed for somebody that is built like a massive grizzly bear. Placing a hand on the bulky chest plate, my mind was assaulted by a collection of images, but a notification from the [Gamer's Mind] explained that the System thankfully blocked it.

After my vision came back to me, I noticed that I was now standing in the same room with my combat-suit on; however, I haven't put on the helmet yet, as it was sitting inside of the same tombstone.
    Picking it up, I brought it closer, and I was able to see my reflection in the visor. I looked relatively the same as before, With short dark brown hair and a thick stubble along my jaw and mouth. My eyes had changed, though. Instead of the brown that I'd previously, my eyes were red with a slight luminescent glow around the edges.

I brushed my thumb along with the Slayer's Mark on the helmet before flipping it around and sliding it over my head, hearing a slight hiss as it locked into place. Reaching to my right, I grab the monitor that hung from the wall, causing it to turn on, and the following word flashes onto the screen, in large red letters.

DEMONIC INVASION IN PROGRESS

Swiping my hand across the cracked screen to learn more about what was going on, I was greeted by an ever-helpful "ACCESS DENIED." Apparently, if I want to learn more about the Invasion, I'll need to realign the on-site satellite dish – which is currently offline – to power it back up, so it can connect with the rest of the base's network.

Pressing on the visual button in the corner, my Praetor Suit's onboard computer downloaded the array's directions when the screen alerted me of an incoming voice com from Dr. Samuel Hayden, AKA The motherfucker behind all of this crap.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Samuel Hayden," A heavily synthesized voice greeted. "I'm the head of this facility, and I think that we can work together to solve this problem in a way that... benefits us both."
    Knowing where this shit-head was going, I opted to shove the screen into the closest wall, destroying it to bits and pieces, and thought of my next move. If I don't kill this argent energy-loving scientist, he will send me into god knows where.

Main Questline Unlocked
    [Shoot it Until it Dies]
    Objective – Destroy Dr. Samuel Hayden
    Bonus Objective – Kill Cyberdemon
    Bonus Objective 2 – Kill Spider Mastermind
    Bonus Objective 3 – Kill 666 Demons (0/666)
    Bonus EX – ?
    Rewards – ?, ?, 30,000 EXP, Jump Chain Activation
    Bonus Rewards – ?, 10,000 EXP
    Bonus Rewards 2 – ?, ?, 15,000 EXP
    Bonus Rewards 3 – ?, ?
    EX Rewards – ?

At least I'll get a reward out of it; that's reassuring.

Sighing, I moved to the medium-sized airlock door that had been open for a minute. I run along with the barrels and steam that was coming out of the pipe system in the small shortcut. When I turned around the corner, I was faced with two more Possessed in my path to salvation; and their gurglings—which strangely sounded likes of an outdated zombie altercation displayed in C-tier horror movies.

A long road was ahead of me.

"But, I know one thing for sure," I spoke aloud, a deep, dry voice emanated itself from the back of my throat; while behind my green-colored helmet, a savage grin found its way to my lips as I cracked my armored knuckles in anticipation of what was to come in following seconds.

"This is gonna be a hell of an experience."

The next World would probably be DxD, but I don't know anything about it other than the beginning, so, if you are knowledgeable around that area, any help is welcomed.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  2. krahe

krahe Versed in the lewd.

Bit miffed that your pretty much repeated first minutes up to helmet cutscene, but it does look neat, for not being an another mage protag, if nothing else

3. freadtheholyone

freadtheholyone Getting sticky.

Yeah, I know. I was not satisfied with the fighting scene, but nothing came to mind at that time

4. Joeyatknson

Joeyatknson Making the rounds.

Good job so far please keep up the good work.

A quite reader and 0vrLrd71 like this.
  5. shakeval

shakeval Versed in the lewd.

you could have had a bit more struggle on the first critter, maybe some basic infantry cqc stuff, then beat the other ugly motherfuckers with the first motherfucker.
    Obviously things were still going to die.
    Considering your character is a gamer there is the inventory to consider and the sticky fingers one has with infinite storage . . . . .steal anything not bolted down and you don't have the ammo caps either, all the ammo and all the weapons

DahakStaz and freadtheholyone like this.
  6. Russian conscript

Russian conscript Not too sore, are you?

I kinda want to see him RIP AND TEAR through dxd hell that would be kinda funny