• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Staff Applications

tehelgee

The stern gaze of justice.
Administrator
In the interests of having a transparent system for accepting new staff, we've decided to make it somewhat public.

The current Staff application procedure is as follows:

• First, Admins and current Moderators decide that more staff are needed. This can be for any number of reasons (more workload, a moderator is leaving, need another back end programmer).
  • Then we will enable the moderator application form found
    Here
    for people to fill out.

Obviously, if we get inundated with applications, we will only accept the ones with the best answers, up to the limit. The 'Best' answers will be decided by a discussion between the current staff. Best does not necessarily mean that its an answer that current staff agree with, and more that it shows qualities that we feel are needed in moderators. That means that yes, you can disagree with us, and you may in fact not like some members of staff, but that will not prevent you from becoming a mod in itself.

Aside from the application form, we will obviously be looking at past posting history here on QQ, and possibly elsewhere.

• Once we've filtered out applications through the form, there will then be a brief interview on IRC or another chat program.

In the case of Admins, they will be exclusively taken from the current Mod pool.

I hope this helps.
I would like to clarify: Staff positions are not fun and games. Only apply if you have time and dedication to spare.

Current Status Of Staff Applications: CLOSED

Applications will provisionally close on the 5th of April, which should be when you'll receive your reply from an Admin, barring a need for an extension.

Good luck with this! With regrets, I will not post my candidature, but I hope you will be happy with your new colleague(s).

For the time being.

You guys are well behaved, and the population is still small, so there isn't any real need for a moderator.

teh elgee said:
For the time being.

You guys are well behaved, and the population is still small, so there isn't any real need for a moderator.
Don't say that! I'll have to be a raging asshole as to fulfill the dreams of these gentlefops! :p

teh elgee said:
For the time being.

You know, it occurs to me that it might be a good idea to appoint one anyway, in case we get invaded by spam bots or something while you're incapacitated by one of your gout attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back