• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

(Suggestion) Possibility of also adding Ignore buttons to the forum/subforum threadlist, like SB/SV?

RavenWolffe77

Marauders are the best BattleMechs
As the title says;

I find it a little odd that QQ implemented XenForo's ignore button feature around the same time as SB/SV did, but only when you're in the thread itself, and not just browsing the forums.

There are a lot of threads I know I'll never click on just from the title, so saving the time, bandwidth, and internet history of clicking on a thread specifically to ignore it, by just allowing me to do it from the forum/subforum page would be nice.

This would help remove the cutter, meaning I'm seeing just the content I'm interested in engaging with.

I'm not sure why this wasn't implemented with the in-thread ignore button to begin with, but I'm sure there were reasons. I just think it'd be nice to have.

Hmm, I thought we'd already moved over? The announcement was, what, going on four years ago?

Regardless, the ignore features were all in the same XF update, weren't they? If SB/SV already have it, and QQ has it for the in-thread UI... doesn't that mean the architecture is already there, but not implemented?

Probably a XF2 thing.
And no we're still on XF1.
Last big change was the forum move hosting providers.

As the title says;

I find it a little odd that QQ implemented XenForo's ignore button feature around the same time as SB/SV did, but only when you're in the thread itself, and not just browsing the forums.

There are a lot of threads I know I'll never click on just from the title, so saving the time, bandwidth, and internet history of clicking on a thread specifically to ignore it, by just allowing me to do it from the forum/subforum page would be nice.

This would help remove the cutter, meaning I'm seeing just the content I'm interested in engaging with.

I'm not sure why this wasn't implemented with the in-thread ignore button to begin with, but I'm sure there were reasons. I just think it'd be nice to have.
There's gotta be a way to reverse-engineer the ignore interface, and generate the ignore functions with just the information in the thread list. It's probably going to require a browser-side add-on to have a UI, though.

As a first approximation, copying the URL of the thread and adding /ignore-confirm to the end might skip directly to the ignore pop-up. If you try it, please report back on whether it skips loading the thread itself (in e.g. the way that clicking on "reply" when in reader mode drops you directly to a message-writing page, instead of a reply box at the bottom of the thread).

Would need to do more work than mobile Firefox supports if that doesn't do it.

As a first approximation, copying the URL of the thread and adding /ignore-confirm to the end might skip directly to the ignore pop-up. If you try it, please report back on whether it skips loading the thread itself (in e.g. the way that clicking on "reply" when in reader mode drops you directly to a message-writing page, instead of a reply box at the bottom of the thread).
I've been doing that for years. It takes you to a page that is just the (un)ignore options, yes. And for those of us who's setup makes copy-pasting easier than typing, there's an "Ignore Forum" link right there; paste that into the address bar, then paste the thread URL over the address portion of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back