1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Use Xon's Addon For Warnings

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Mana_Knight_Jorin, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

I was warned, but can't see it.

I can on other Xen1 forums though.

They use Xon's addon there.

You need to add it.

Go here https://xenforo.com/community/resources/warning-improvements-by-xon.4156/ .

Install that addon.

Go to 'Options'. Click 'Warning Improvements'. Put a checkmark next to 'View Own Warnings. Allow users to see their own warnings.'. There. Done. Now users can see their own warnings.:)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

This is a good idea, but likely won't be implemented until after the XF 2 upgrade.

sagemo, Nicator, Ddmkm122 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Oh. You guys are still going through with that [strike]upgrade[/strike] downgrade then, huh? I had hoped you had come to your senses, and decided not to do it. Well, when it happens I will look for a new forum.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

As we said before, it's a matter of security. Xenforo 2 will get more security updates. Xenforo 1 won't. End of story.

Vorian, Ddmkm122 and january1may like this.
  5. Mana_Knight_Jorin

XenForo 2 looks like crap. And is garbage. You don't seem to care that many users will abandon you because they also hate XenForo 2 very much.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Dude, I don't like Xen 2 either. Except security still matter more than that.

If some people leave for that, they weren't going ot hang around that much to begin with.

Vorian and Ddmkm122 like this.
  7. Mana_Knight_Jorin

I'll just head over to Fanfic Paradise. They've split their forums into a SFW and NSFW one. And you're allowed all sorts of naughty stuff on the NSFW one. Also... The owner has given Her "Solemn Promise" to never change from XenForo 1. Heh. She hates XenForo 2 as much as everybody else does, even more so.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Eventually that site will have to upgrade from Xen 1 to Xen 2 if 3 doesn't come along before basic site security for browsers require things that Xen 1 can't provide.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Okay. Just leave when we change then.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Allowing hackers to break into QQ and destroy everything, or harvest passwords, or harvest IPs, or harvest personal information from PMs, is a doomsday scenario for the community (particularly the latter three, as the first one is mitigated by backups). Lack of security updates for XF1 means "zero-day forever" i.e. critical vulnerabilities will become well-known.

Vulnerable software is not a valid option for the administrator of a forum QQ's size - and especially not a forum with as many enemies as QQ has. Fanfic Paradise can make all the promises they want, but if they're big enough to be on hackers' radar and they ignore this basic principle they will get hit the way Orain was and they will lose their community overnight.