• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Talisman Quest IC (Closed to new players)

Branotir and Hag left on their way to the city. They spot an odd glitter of light from the corner of their vision. They stop and change direction out of curiosity.

Hag widens her eyes, "A magic portal?!? I am surprised any are still working." She says as they look at the circular statue before them, with colorful water floating within its shape.

Branotir just ignore it, "Fuck. I hate magic teleportation. We walking." He said as he left and Hag just grumbling about dwarven and their telesickness.

It chuckles as it taps its bony finger at Samuel's forehead. Knowledge fills his mind about a spell rather simply known as Destroy Magic. It is as simple as it sounds. Upon wielding its power. It will expend itself to attack the link of your power, resulting in all Questers being unable to use their spells or magic objects for a few hours. This applies to himself as well. The figure then vanishes away in a cloud of smoke.

Gary looks at Samuel with puzzled, "Who are you threatening?" as he shakes his arms in an attempt to warm himself up.

"An agent of darkness. Offering me support since it took notice of me, when the mystic was expanding my mind. No strings attached with it, so why not take it. But it won't use me as a fool." He said before going to challenge the statues in barehands.

"An agent of darkness. Offering me support since it took notice of me, when the mystic was expanding my mind. No strings attached with it, so why not take it. But it won't use me as a fool." He said before going to challenge the statues in barehands.
Gary widened his eyes in surprise, "Darkness favor you? I don't know whether to feel pity for you or envy for Darkness is known to give knowledge and sorcery to their chosen without strings attached... Mostly because it want their chosen to indulge themselves and cause some changes." He explains to Samuel as they approach the Great Bridge.

Gary steps back as one of the sentinels armed with a lance steps down from their pedestal and approaches Samuel. The rest of the statues slowly turn their head to gaze at the group for any sign of dishonor. The Sentinel raises its lance in a battle position as if to challenge Samuel to make the first move for the right to cross the bridge.

Last edited:
Gary widened his eyes in surprise, "Darkness favor you? I don't know whether to feel pity for you or envy for Darkness is known to give knowledge and sorcery to their chosen without strings attached... Mostly because it want their chosen to indulge themselves and cause some changes." He explains to Samuel as they approach the Great Bridge.

Gary steps back as one of the sentinels armed with a lance steps down from their pedestal and approaches Samuel. The rest of the statues slowly turn their head to gaze at the group for any sign of dishonor. The Sentinel raises its lancer in a battle position as if to challenge Samuel to make the first move for the right to cross the bridge.

"It's an annoyance, is what it is." He said to Gary.

He raises his sword to the statue before getting into his stance. "Stay back, Gary." Samuel warned before dashing forward. He aimed to get into its range, where the Lance can't reach him. That way he can hack at the legs to bring it down.

"It's an annoyance, is what it is." He said to Gary.

He raises his sword to the statue before getting into his stance. "Stay back, Gary." Samuel warned before dashing forward. He aimed to get into its range, where the Lance can't reach him. That way he can hack at the legs to bring it down.
Gary nodded as he stepped back.

Samuel rushed in toward the statue, deftly dodged the lance's strike, and swung his sword for the sentinel's legs only for statues to bring the front of the lance back, and the back of the lance forward to counter his swing from below, before quickly jerk its leg to kick Samuel away from the statue. It spun the lance around its body before bringing it to rest, its hand raised and motioned to Samuel to continue the fight. Its face is unreadable as it is hidden behind the helmet but Samuel feels like if the statue is alive, it probably will be smirking at him... Thankfully it is not alive and probably following some weird ass rules jammed in their brain... magical brain? Magic circles? Magical rocks? However, the fuck those statues get animated.

Samuel flew back several feet as he's kicked away. The warrior landed in a painful roll before setting himself up right. A moment is used to composed himself and study the statue's stance. It was arrogant to think his smaller size gave him a better advantage.

He rushed back in to combat range, holding his sword at the ready. His eyes following the Lance to parry its incoming strike and up in for a slash at the arm.

Samuel flew back several feet as he's kicked away. The warrior landed in a painful roll before setting himself up right. A moment is used to composed himself and study the statue's stance. It was arrogant to think his smaller size gave him a better advantage.

He rushed back in to combat range, holding his sword at the ready. His eyes following the Lance to parry its incoming strike and up in for a slash at the arm.
The sentinel watches Samuel rush in and at the last moment, strike downward with the stone pole of its lance. It slams into Samuel's sword who is unable to parry it due to the weight of the stone statue blows.

The statue attempts to force Samuel to his knee. However, he felt his power rumbling before fading into dormant. A moment later, he felt his strength doubled, allowing him to push back the struggle. At that moment, the pole shattered in half, and his blade resumed its course and struck the sentinel arm.

It just stares at Samuel with a damaged arm and broken lance. It proceeds to toss the broken pole and drop the piece that holds the blade. Grabbing it at the last moment, it then shatters its damaged arm on the remnant pole of the blade, destroying its own arm and the pole. It shifts its footing while holding the blade, clearly wielding it as a dagger in its right hand to fight Samuel with. Samuel felt his new strength fading away, leaving him back as he was but now in an advantageous position against the damaged sentinel.

"You can do it!" Gary tries to cheer Samuel to win this fight.

Samuel was surprised that he made it this far. When the sentinel first struck him, he thought it'd be enough. But he managed to stand his ground and withstand its punishment. His strength seeing him through and damaging the construct, significantly.

The battle still raged on, but now the odds were even. Samuel dashed at the sentinel, but not in a straight line. He began farting around the thing and backing away to confuse it. Eventually, he charged in to attack its rear, following up with jumping to slash its side.

Samuel was surprised that he made it this far. When the sentinel first struck him, he thought it'd be enough. But he managed to stand his ground and withstand its punishment. His strength seeing him through and damaging the construct, significantly.

The battle still raged on, but now the odds were even. Samuel dashed at the sentinel, but not in a straight line. He began farting around the thing and backing away to confuse it. Eventually, he charged in to attack its rear, following up with jumping to slash its side.
Due to the sentinel's shorter range, it cannot lunge at Samuel and keeps its defense up in preparation to counter Samuel. However, being damaged has caused its movement to be slower. Samuel took advantage of this to dash under its strike before spinning back and charging past it with a slash on the sentinel leg, causing it to fall to its knee. He spun again and leaped into the air, his runesword pointing downward. The Sentinel raised its dagger to deflect the strike, only for its dagger to be shattered as the runesword found its mark, deep into its chest.

It then falls apart into crumbling rocks. After a few moments. Gary cheers for Samuel's victory over the Sentinel. But their celebration was short-lived when the pile of rocks just floated and reformed itself whole into full sentinel with a lance. Samuel raises his sword, seeming like he must still fight once more... Only for Sentinel to bow before Samuel before turning around and marching back to the bridge, leaping onto its pedestal and becoming stationary.

"It looks like Sentinel granted us access to the bridge." Gary assumes the intention of sentinel. Two of them then walk over the great bridge, a churning storm of water moving underneath them, into the mountain valley.

It wasn't long before they made it past the valley through the mountain. There, the sight before them is to behold as vast grass and rainbow are simmering in the distance with roaring waterfalls dotting along the side of the mountain.

"This must be Hidden Valley that I read about in my childhood. To think I will see it with my own eyes. It is beautiful." He immediately pulls out his book and starts scribbling notes and diagrams of what he is seeing into the paper.

They then heard thundering footsteps and neighs of horses get closer and closer before they were surrounded by black-cloaked riders on their brown horses, several of them raised their weapon at Samuel. Swords and bows.

Gary seems terrified, sure Samuel is strong but there are so many of them that Samuel cannot protect him from all of them at once, "R-raiders?" He barely squeaks out for Samuel to hear him.

"We are the riders of the Falion. Give us all of your golds or we will strike you down and take them by force!" One of the younger riders demands from Samuel.

Samuel took a moment to compose himself and rest. He sat on the ground and remained there for a handful of minutes. That was his toughest fight to date. Even as a quester the sentinel proved to match his strength.

After some time, he crossed the bridge with Gary. They soon began traveling into the middle region, where they arrive at a valley. "It's beautiful." The warrior commented.

Beauty that was interrupted by the arrival of men on horses. He had Gary stay behind him and pulled out his sword. "We're busy. You won't have any coin from us."

Samuel took a moment to compose himself and rest. He sat on the ground and remained there for a handful of minutes. That was his toughest fight to date. Even as a quester the sentinel proved to match his strength.

After some time, he crossed the bridge with Gary. They soon began traveling into the middle region, where they arrive at a valley. "It's beautiful." The warrior commented.

Beauty that was interrupted by the arrival of men on horses. He had Gary stay behind him and pulled out his sword. "We're busy. You won't have any coin from us."
One of the younger-looking men atop a horse in the front, "Then we will take it by force!" He then charges straight at him with his sword raised high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back