• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tear-jerking moments in fiction (spoilers alert!)

Adyen

Experienced.
So I got bored and started listening to my mp3 and came upon some songs from quite a while ago... and it reminded me of Full Moon no Sagashite.

Once I started to remember it, I found the whole thing on youtube and just watched through it again. Goddamn the feels on that series is strong, even though there are some silly parts.

Anyone has any series that they consider has a lot of FEELS and made the inside of your home rain a little? :)

Babylon 5. God damn this series. That last episode.

Back when I was just a precocious young'un and naive to plot armor, I saw Heero "die" and was devastated.

The Hate Anthology (Analogue: A Hate Story and Hate Plus) make me feel many things.
Sadness and pity for the characters.
Disgust with the conditions of the microcosm of existence they were stuck in.
Joy for their eventual escape from that environment...via it's destruction.
Frustration at the maker of the games for not realizing that the 'Joke Harem Route' is both the most in-character and the most emotionally fulfilling route you can follow through the two games, despite the few lines they throw at the player to tell them what they're seeing isn't canon.

I genuinely lost some sleep to those games from crying.

I think the most tear jerking game I've played is Utawarerumono.

I've played it when it first came out (the 1.00) and... well.

I did the normal thing and had the main character leveled up nicely and it backfired on me. But luckily 1.00 had this spot on the final boss where it actually can't attack you.

The ending was quite a tear-jerker for me.

Most recent thing I remember seeing that I'd consider a tear jerker would be the finale of Kamen Rider W, that ending did bad things to me and by the end of episode 48 I couldn't even really read the subs properly. And then episode 49 made all that sadness seem a bit pointless, but that's to be expected really.

There was probably something more recent, but man, that whole finale just stung really badly.

Most recent thing I remember seeing that I'd consider a tear jerker would be the finale of Kamen Rider W, that ending did bad things to me and by the end of episode 48 I couldn't even really read the subs properly.

I personally loved the Decade version of Kabuto story. Heck, the normal one too when you finally find out why he works so hard, but the Decade version was more bittersweet.

Pretty much the entirety of Hoshi no Samidere. That manga hits me hard on every read through.

RIP Kusakabe Tarou The Brave, you were the best of men.
Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you plan to read the manga. Which I recommend everyone do.

That, and I got misty eyed at the ending of Madoka. Watching her take away all magical girls as they lay in despair was really powerful to me.

Last edited:
Deep Space Nine's The Visitor. Seeing how badly losing his dad affected Jake Sisko and messed up his life really got to me. The beginning of the last scene of the episode, with Ben quietly watching older Jake sleep really made me tear up.

Oh god. Batoto recently posted up the last chapter of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series... I've forgotten how much of a FEELS story that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back