• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Accidental Liberator (ASOIAF SI) rewriting in new thread

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Rewriting this
Uhh the story's premise sounds interesting. I just don't like how the story is being told. As a lot of basic questions were never answered within the premise or the chapters that you have post already like what's the main character's name?? What specifically are his powers?? As these chapters are all in secondary perspective and they feel like they should have been released like after 10 chapters or so of the main characters perspective building him up and introducing the main character by establishing his persona and what power he has and setting up this Haven.

Uhh the story's premise sounds interesting. I just don't like how the story is being told. As a lot of basic questions were never answered within the premise or the chapters that you have post already like what's the main character's name?? What specifically are his powers?? As these chapters are all in secondary perspective and they feel like they should have been released like after 10 chapters or so of the main characters perspective building him up and introducing the main character by establishing his persona and what power he has and setting up this Haven.
I wanted to try some thing different
MC's POV will start in the next chapter

This is normal. Lot of stories do this. It called setting up the scene and building tension lol.

Well maybe
I wanted to try some thing different
MC's POV will start in the next chapter
This is normal. Lot of stories do this. It called setting up the scene and building tension lol.
Apparently you've never seen some of the story's written completely from secondary perspective. As some fanfic authors write their story in only secondary perspective. As it's some type of fetish or fad in the fanfiction community. Which I personally really don't like.

Apparently you've never seen some of the story's written completely from secondary perspective. As some fanfic authors write their story in only secondary perspective. As it's some type of fetish or fad in the fanfiction community. Which I personally really don't like.
That's not a fanfiction only trend as I have read published books that use it. I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally do like stories that uses only secondary perspective as a way of story telling. When the Main Character is overpowered there is no point in showing his perspective as we all know that he will get his goal one way or another but watching how the other characters see and react both internally and externally is quite funny and exciting.

That's not a fanfiction only trend as I have read published books that use it. I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally do like stories that uses only secondary perspective as a way of story telling. When the Main Character is overpowered there is no point in showing his perspective as we all know that he will get his goal one way or another but watching how the other characters see and react both internally and externally is quite funny and exciting.
I have to agree, the most interesting things about Overpowered Protagonists is 1) The ripples they cause by, not only their actions, but their very existence and 2) the relationships the rest of the cast has with them and how they'll react to his powers, actions, and existence.

This means that telling the story works best by telling it from every other characters' POV except the OP MC's.

I have to agree, the most interesting things about Overpowered Protagonists is 1) The ripples they cause by, not only their actions, but their very existence and 2) the relationships the rest of the cast has with them and how they'll react to his powers, actions, and existence.

This means that telling the story works best by telling it from every other characters' POV except the OP MC's.
I disagree, he's no longer a protagonist at that point. There's no problem with different pov but, I don't know if I'm interested if we never get to see the actual main character.

I disagree, he's no longer a protagonist at that point. There's no problem with different pov but, I don't know if I'm interested if we never get to see the actual main character.
Just because we don't get to see what goes on inside his head doesn't mean he's not a protagonist. The whole story would still revolve around him and how his powers and actions affect the world around him. This means he still fits the definition of a protagonist.

The MC will have pov's but mostly the story will be told from a set of characters around the MC and others in the world

I understand wanting to run away from the Thing that waved its arms and made people hang from the air, but at the same time, if he is really that dangerous, running wouldn't help very much.
True,it was inlogical decision,BUT - we,people are not logical creatures.That is why normal humans run,but Maester who trained in logic remained.Well,his curiosity also mattered here.

So based on what's been shown Jason powers have a Psycic angle to them. Telekinesis and telepathy give him a good base to develop. I really enjoy kingdom building and the formation of cults that turn into religions so this story has me pretty excited. I look forward to reading more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back