1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Challeneges When In A Relationship With A Hero/Adventurer

Discussion in 'General' started by SmileyVamp, Oct 5, 2021.

1. SmileyVamp

SmileyVamp I trust you know where the happy button is?

In a scenario in some typical primitive fantasy setting, there is a person who is currently a merchant, cook, or other typical ordinary occupation. Somehow, he or she got lucky and went into a romantic relationship with some hero or adventurer who is doing typical dangerous hero/adventurer things.

If you are dating someone with a dangerous occupation like that, what challenges may come up in such a relationship?

Edit:

Some images provide to give an idea of what the adventurer or hero could look like. Basically, the usual fantasy setting supernatural attractiveness and armor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  2. Autocorruptor

Autocorruptor Corrupting Innocent Grammar

Same challenges that spouses of firefighters/cops/soldiers face. Theor loved one could get injured or killed on a mission.

And the spouse might get taken hostage or threatened to pressure the adventurer for some nefarious reason.

Also, it depends on what the adventurer does, and how they treat their spouse. Does the adventurer constantly roam the land doing missions, or do they stay in the same region? If they roam, do they bring them spouse with them or not?

If the adventurer roams, and the spouse stays in one place, well, long distance relationships can be difficult. If the spouse goes with the adventurer, that exposes the spouse to dangers, and they can’t put down roots.

3. SmileyVamp

Provided some images in the OP just to give a rough look of what the adventurer or hero would look like. Generally, supernatural levels of attractiveness and typical fantasy attire.

The adventurer or hero could be a roamer or sick to the local area. Either can be speculated.

A big shot may make a lot of enemies. If said enemies cannot take down the hero, then they may decide to go after the considerably more vulnerable significant other.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  4. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

To further the soldier comparison, would the generic hentai fantasy world's version of Jody be the ugly bastards?

5. SmileyVamp

Probably, probably not.

If you were the adventurer, you would expect your lover to have decent tastes. You have the stupidly attractive physical features found in many JRPG fantasy settings.

C'mon, look at this:
    [​IMG]

If you're around that level of attractiveness, the chances of your lover cheating on you for someone so freakin' ugly is quite low.