• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Exiled Realm of Arborea (TERA Online)

Anondylar

Lazy Turtle
This is the game that I've been addicted to for the past couple of weeks. I suppose I'll post the videos that got me playing:

Anyway, if someone reads this thread and wants to play, some things to help out with if you're playing on NA:

Codes(Go to enmasse's website and then your account settings to redeem these)
Some quality of life tweaks.
Things you can do to increase your fps.
Elin decensor mod. I'm not exactly a fan of the pantyshots but I'll admit the original costumes looked better.

Also, post the server you're on and the characters for that server. I'll begin:

Anondylar: Anondylar (Highwatch) Anondylar (Ascension Valley) Yvenna (Celestial Hills)
Mu-Sensei: Shariel (Highwatch) Euryale (Highwatch)

Last edited:
MuSensei (unsurprisingly, the EnMasse acc doesn't let us put spaces). For now, I have an Elf Gunner (very low level) named Shariel on Highwatch.

I used to play a while back. Might try it again some time in the future.

I already have a 65 on Lake of Tears that I'm playing atm... don't really have the energy to start over from scratch once again.

I have started a second character (An Elin Archer) and named it Euryale. Still on highwatch.

I tried playing this for a while, but I could never play for more then half an hour at a time before it would crash. Must not like my laptop.

How hardcore is the game? I have heard some stuff on the net that says late-game, you Need to grind like a motherfucker to survive Dungeons and stuff.

I tried playing this for a while, but I could never play for more then half an hour at a time before it would crash. Must not like my laptop.
Uhh... TERA is rather CPU and GPU intensive at the same time, due to rather poor optimization. So yeah, playing on a laptop might not be the best idea.
How hardcore is the game? I have heard some stuff on the net that says late-game, you Need to grind like a motherfucker to survive Dungeons and stuff.
It depends on far you want to go. If you want to get the very best gear, then yeah it's gonna be a grind. If you're just aiming to be able complete the hardest dungeon in the game, the grind isn't really all that ridiculous.

To expand on that, this is the current gear tier list:

PvE: Idoneal -> Fulminate -> Wroth -> Schisma -> Lucid
PvP: Deviate -> Tensus

(Left is worst, right is best)

Levelling is very easy due to Avatar Weapons, which basically allow you to mow through mobs of your same level and deal ridiculous damage due to the 80~90% crit chance it has against mobs near your level. At level 65, you get the Idoneal set for free. After that, you can just go into Bathysmal Rise Normal Mode, which is very easy now due to boss nerfs and going from a five-man dungeon to a seven-man one. The drop rate for Fulminate boxes (consumables that give you the appropriate gear for your class) inside are ridiculous and if you're lucky you can get geared in Fulminate in two runs. If you're unlucky, you may take a few more runs to get the last piece of armor you want. Or you could be like me and rerun it over and over again for Frost- jewelry.

After that you can run Akeron's Inferno Normal Mode (AINM) for Wroth and Schisma. Wroth gear drops inside the dungeon, though you may want to ask "Fodder or not?" because everyone'll roll for things if it's a fodder run... If you instance match AINM you'll get treasure boxes that have a rather high chance of giving you the Schisma weapon when you open it. Generally, you should be set for the hardest dungeons in the game when you masterwork and +12 the second best tier of gear. This might require a bit of grind, but the true grind is when you try to get Lucid and +15 it. (You have to first masterwork it and +12 it, then pay a 1000 masterwork alkahest and 2000 tier 6 feedstock to be eligible to awaken it, then you'll have to pay a few hundred alkahest and feedstock for each attempt to +1 it up to +15, and you'll drop back to +12 if you fail it, though this is getting changed next patch)

But to survive dungeons, you don't require that much. TERA is generally much more about skill than gear, though gear still matters a lot. Gear allows you to make more mistakes and have less time to make those mistakes since you'll kill bosses faster, but it's fully possible for a skilled DPS to do double the damage of those more geared than him.

It's not fully necessary to run dungeons late game though! You can also just play dress up with your lolis... Yvenna is dressed in a schoolgirl outfit, an Feral Valley Jr. High to be exact.

(I should totally post screenshots when I have access to a better computer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back