1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

The King has Left the Building (Yu-gi-oh! GX SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by PrinceJonathan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. MasterOfDragonsGod

MasterOfDragonsGod Connoisseur.

You also have to take into account that in the anime you only have 4000 life points instead of 8000 making chthonian Arguably worse.

2. Jack Bros

Jack Bros Getting sticky.

Burn decks must be a knightmare in the anime

MasterOfDragonsGod likes this.
  3. Delta333

Delta333 Δ (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`) Δ

Well in the battle city arc in the original series, Kaiba banned burn cards and cards like dark hole in the tournament.

4. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Chazz's Chthonian deck revolves around a 1200 atk monster that inflicts the same amount of battle damage to you if your monster destroys it in battle. Then if you destroy it by a card effect, he'll just use Chthonian Blast which is basically a watered down Ring of Destruction.

And this is all meant to soften the opponent up for him to special summon Chthonian Soldier back from the GY and then swarm the field with Inferno Reckless Summon to spam two more Soldiers and buff one of them up with Chthonian Alliance which is just a worse United We Stand.

IRS is bad because it gives the opponent the same benefit of summoning two monsters as well. And while one Chthonian Soldier has a huge attack value, the other two are easily run over. Then again after facing the big one you probably don't have the LP to spare attacking the little ones.

Then his Boss Monster is Infernal Incinerator which by the standards of the show is a pretty scary card. It's a Level 6 monster with 2800 ATK that gains 200 more ATK for every monster the opponent controls. Even one monster on the opponent's side makes it a one tribute 3000 ATK beater!

However it requires a monster with over 2000+ ATK to be sacrificed and you end up discarding your entire hand so you have no fallback strategy if it gets destroyed (unless you Set everything). Then again you don't need a fallback plan when HotC means you can topdeck Pot of Greed or Cards of Sanctity (the good one) every time.

Phorbeus and Stanley_Jeb like this.
  5. Stanley_Jeb

Stanley_Jeb Not too sore, are you?

It's so good. Only better card I can think of in the right deck is Roll Of Fate in Gren Maju Stun.

6. Phorbeus

Phorbeus Getting out there.

Don't worry bro I do understand the retail job I worked there after all I was just asking because I was desiring to read the chapter then changed my mind and said no stack up some more then I get seduced by it I'm such a weak willed person hehehhehehheehe anyway I do understand the weakness but correct me if I'm wrongf on this one but wasn't most pre synchro Yu-Gi-Oh monsters one effect then meatsrick beatdown monsters

7. Anon-Echo98

Anon-Echo98 Purveyor of tales and lewds

Here are the problems with each deck in a clear and conscise manner:

Chthonian Deck
    -All of the basic normal summonable monsters are weak, and they don't even destroy the monster that destroyed them, forcing Chazz to rely on Chthonian Blast -which is way better in the anime, being a Quick-Play spell, and letting you decide which one of the opponent's monster gets blown up, instead of the weakest one- and Chthonian Polymer -Your opponent fusion summons? Sacrifice a monster to take control of the monster-
    -His biggest beatsticks that we saw are Mefist the Infernal General -Level 5 monster with 1800 atk, piercing damage, and discards a random card from opponent's hand when it does damage- and Infernal Incinerator -a brick that you have to break your hand to even play

Unions:
    -At the time, very little searching, relies on Magical Mallet -essentially a Mulligan- and Frontline base -tbf, that's a soft once per turn special summon, so multiple copies let you summon more union monsters-
    +This time, the monsters are actually p decent in bulk, at least for the age, but the boss monster? No protection, no recursion, and does less damage than its individual materials -XYZ-Dragon Cannon destroys cards on the field if you discard a card, Tiger Catapult switches monster's positions for a discard- considering its ATK is 3000, whereas the materials together have 4800.
    -While there are other fusions for the X, Y and Z monsters, you need specific combinations and the materials are banished, so good luck recycling the materials.

Yeah, you're better off keeping the two materials, considering how XYZ's removal effect has no "once per turn" limits. If you have the cards to discard for it, you can keep on blasting.

In my experience, Infernal Incinerator is more of a brick card that will not get the job done. Though, fun note about Chazz's other big number, Infernal General: in a deck with Sinister Yorishiro -lets you summon Fiend monsters without tribute once per turn, and can send itself to gy to protect your cards- it's not a bad normal summon, considering it does piercing and snipes at your opponent's hand.

Granted, you would be better off summoning almost any other high-level fiend, like Helpoemer -Fun fact, Anime Chazz did have it in his hand in a duel- or I dunno, any Fiend with a good effect, like Vanity's Fiend -stops Special Summons- or Dark Ruler Ha Des -negate the effects of monsters destroyed by Fiend Monsters-, if you want to be relevant for the era.

8. Sieghart

Sieghart The Numbers Hunter

Anime Card of Sanctity is indeed quite broken with it only fault being it give your opponent cards but then again in the GX era with basically no hand traps so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

9. Stanley_Jeb

Come to think of it, Jaden should get that. The anime version shuffles itself into the deck as well, so it's a +0 there.

Anon-Echo98 likes this.
  10. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Wait the anime actually banned cards? Considering all the broken shit in the anime that's kind of hard to believe

11. Stanley_Jeb

It does, but that's only for official duels, so it's not like Duel Disks inherently forbid you from playing unrestricted or anything (in fact, Camilla from the Shadow Riders played Infernalvania, which is a forbidden card).

We know that a lot of direct damage (burn) spells are illegal in Battle City, and so are mass monster removal cards (Raigeki and Black Hole, for example).

Outside of Battle City, we know that The Golden Castle Of Stromberg was forbidden pretty much immediately after being used, and the God Cards are also forbidden outside of the Battle City Tournament (though that might not be the case in GX anymore).
    Further, Chaos Emperor Dragon is banned in GX, and Restraining Sword Of Impact was noted as forbidden in Arc V.

Finally, Gate Blocker and Gate Blocker 2 are forbidden as well and only really allowed to be used by Policemen in Speed Duels during 5D's to duel a criminal into submission.

12. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

They did? Damn, I figured that was in the manga. I don't recall Kaiba banning burn and mass removal cards in the anime. Then again it's been like 20 years since I watched Battle City.

I'm going to assume tournament organizers set up their own unique ban list for each event rather than having a blanket region wide thing like we do. That way I don't have to go back and retcon not having one.

13. chinlamp

chinlamp Know what you're doing yet?

I'm kind of hoping that Jay decides to pull a fast one in his fight against Bastion and others who know his deck, and rotate his deck through meta staples. You know, rather than sticking to one deck no matter what the meta is and no matter if they've been utterly nerfed by recent set releases bringing in hate for them or whatever. Especially since he thinks he doesn't have the HotC going on.

Think I've only ever seen one fic do anything like that, everyone else just picks a deck archetype and sticks to it no matter how little sense it makes when you're claiming that the Heart isn't involved.

14. Delta333

Delta333 Δ (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`) Δ

I think this why some character like yubel or the Orichalcos had bootleg duel disks as to prevent a instant loss.

Man would it have been hilarious if Kaiba had the foresight to put in software in academy duel disks to lock out decks from using sacred beasts and Kagemaru had to fight Jaiden in a analog duel to decide the fate of the world.

Lightxdarkwing and IHev9Sun like this.
  15. Stanley_Jeb

Didn't some guy use the Winged Dragon Of Ra in GX with a regular duel disk though? Or am I misremembering something there?

16. Delta333

Delta333 Δ (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`) Δ

Yeah you're right on that, I just looked it up it's episode 85 the guy used a test print of winged dragon of ra that was made, before Pegasus made the proper god cards from duel city. Likely it's legal due it's use for game testing. Actually that makes 3 versions of the card printed in the anime.

Stanley_Jeb likes this.
  17. TikkyMikk

TikkyMikk I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sigh this is why I didn't want mc to be friends with Sy he's so depressing all the time also Alexis Booty for life lol

scionofrevan likes this.
  18. Kuriboh1233

Kuriboh1233 Know what you're doing yet?

Loving this story so far. Love the power of reading the rule book that keeps happening. I like how si!Jaden is all confused about why Alexis keeps talking to him.

19. Scalehome

Scalehome Some Day Soon

That's pretty much what happened in Battle City, but I'm pretty sure they were secretly going by the (at the time) IRL banlist in GX. Konami has never liked acknowledging banned cards, which is why you pretty much haven't seen Pot of Greed or Monster Reborn in 5Ds.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  20. Beyondthebeyond

Beyondthebeyond I trust you know where the happy button is?

• Rule 7 warning. Necromancy yet again. Enough is enough. Mute for a week it is.
    What about his Manga deck?