1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Questionably Upbeat Depressive

Discussion in 'General' started by Mu-Sensei, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

So, Depression. I have noticed quite a number of forumers mentioning it on a way or another in their profile posts. So I figured if people are asking for help, I could do something, little as it is.

I can't cure Depression, not even the best medicine can. I can't even do all that much. But every bit helps.

So I've been there.

Feel free to skip that part:

It started once I entered college, for I have gone to live with my grandparents. I love them, I really do. But they are complicated people and that affected me.

Not noticeably, but around two years later, the situation worsened, because I had problems at work(I owned a bakery) requiring me to fire an employee and personally work in her place.

So I worked around 14 hours a day 7 days of the week for around a full year, dealing with my grandparents issues in the time in between.

I got hit with depression. Badly.

My parents intervened, brought me home and I stayed a full year just to get those issues under control.

But I managed.

Well, so I got it under control. Not Cured, there's no known cure for depression.

There's treatment though. And I'm not speaking of medicine. Most drugs prescribed funnily enough have depression listed on their side effects, so I don't recommend those. I won't comment on my personal experience as even more than a couple pills of Dipyrone are enough to make me cry uncontrollably, so I say as one who have more than a few cases on the family, which only worsened with the add of medication.

Manipulated Serotonin helps. Floral Remedies help too. But they require a doctor to prescribe the correct formula and dosage though. Look for one, but don't think they alone will do all the work.

Depression is less of a physical problem and more of a mental issue. What worked for me:

Find the source of your depression, and get away from it.

Care for yourself, and find people who care for you. Family, friends, acquaintances from internet, every bit counts.

Good, Positive Thoughts. Seriously. If you have two dogs, feed only one, and pit them against each other, which one is going to win? Same problem here. Feed your bad feelings, and they will overwhelm the good ones, making you feel down. Feed the good feelings, and they'll beat the bad ones into the recesses of your mind. It's not easy. But it's the best long term solution.

Get yourself busy. Seriously, I cannot stress this enough. Idle minds wander, and depressive minds wander to bad places. Seriously bad places. It gets worse at night, where you have to lie down to sleep, but your mind puts you at a bad feedback loop. If you can't sleep, read a book, manga or something, do not keep yourself in bed thinking it will go well. It doesn't help. Thinking of something else does.

It might not work at all for someone else, but it worked for me. I hope someone find this thread useful, and that I didn't sounded arrogant. Seriously, I'm not infallible, in fact I have been receding into it these days, only I refuse to accept and give in to the dark side.

I'm back on my Flower Remedies though. My solution on a personal level was to open up a new story thread and force myself to write stuff on it. Sometimes it comes easily, sometimes I sit on the computer and stare at the screen and nothing comes out even after re-reading what I have twice or thrice.

Then when I get bad thoughts I look at my likes and force myself to think that people care for me even if only because I can write and entertain them. That I am important to someone and someone will miss me if I disappear.

Grosstoad, justaguy, bastur2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here have a penguin.

Grosstoad, justaguy, bastur2 and 7 others like this.
  3. ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

If you're having trouble with depression, it helps to talk about it.

Remember: Some of us have been there. We know, and we care.

We're willing to listen and try to help.

4. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Thanks. Seriously. But I'm on a good day. I just took the first step to hopefully give a friendly push those who need help too.

I'll also go back at staring at the almost blank Complex Relations chapter in my other tab. Thankfully because I'm too busy to write, not because I'm unable to. :)