1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to some issues with Freenode, the QQ IRC Channel is moving. See here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ringing of a Forge of Stars [Warhammer 40k/ Celestial forge V3||OC...ish]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Slider Zero, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Ass Ponderer.

Probably overthinking himself into a conspiracy theory about the force being evil and that it is tricking him into letting his guard down. Emperor Alex Jones over here.

Ajlove, xizsec01, Harripota and 2 others like this.
  2. Slider Zero

Slider Zero Know what you're doing yet?

Oh, Look!! Stuff I can answer without spoilers!!

The Emperor, as well as certain high-level Chaos adepts/practitioners, were unaffected by the blackout. That being said, Emps Definitely knows that the Force is a thing now, and is observing the effects.

I need to point this out again: the Force is Life. It runs through everything that lives, and is a part of the world. It operates on the principles of life, and thrives in those who allow themselves to actually live. This is the great secret of the force, and an extremely large reason why the Sith Ideology is a curse upon the galaxy far, far away. (the Sith Code is fine, and is emblematic of a very specific interpretation of the force that is very much not the Dark Side, as much as the Sith would like to think otherwise.)

It is for this reason that the Force absolutely fucking HATES the mess that the Warp is right now, because the Immaterium is currently a perversion of life, granting only false choices and poisoned ideals, all the while acting as if it is the only concept that matters. The tumors devour souls while onlookers watch helpless to stop them. More than anything, the Force as it is here exists to offer those trapped in the not-choice of dealing with the warp solely for being a psyker, something that they would otherwise not have: A choice. a legit, and TRUE choice, not simply between death and damnation.

as for how the Force would have reacted to a quiet warp? I see it as being less antagonistic and more symbiotic in that case, adding it's own powers and concepts to the greater whole.

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
    Through Passion, I gain Strength.
    Through Strength, I gain Power.
    Through Power, I gain Victory.
    Through Victory my chains are Broken.
    The Force shall free me.

The Code of the Sith actually has some really good insights on life and living, if you ignore everything else that comes with it.
    As for Emp's Face...well, let's just say that the camera that took the picture is now worth incalculable sums to the right beings...

This is, sadly, an accurate assessment. The Emperor, for all of his strengths, has the most glaring weakness of all: The complete inability to recognize his own flaws. This is an instance where it is going to bite him in the ass through his own actions.

3. Morkail

Morkail I trust you know where the happy button is?

I’m still surprised everyone including the emperor acted to try and get a copy of the STC but the emperor completely failed to notice the one human pulling tech out his ass that humanity at it’s height couldn’t make.

So did the prey version of the Sol system get dumped whole sale into 40k? Or is he in a separate dimension?

4. Trieze

Trieze The man from Nowhere, next stop Anywhere.

Beyond anything else, Slider Zero, an ironically unironic utterance of the phrase, "I feel a disturbance in the Force" should be mandatory on the Emperor's part. AlexJones!Emperor or not, that line's fuckin' memetic.

Not only is it a literal description for what just happened, there's no way that, before the Cybernetic Revolt and then the Age of Strife, the original and prequel STAR WARS trilogies were NOT remade countless times over the millennia across a variety of different mediums.

It's my headcanon that even at the height of the old Federation of Man, the STAR WARS saga/hexalogy is essentially held with the same sort of reverence and significance as the Shakespearean Henriad.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  5. Slider Zero

[​IMG]

We'll get to it in due time, don't worry.

6. prussian-granadier

prussian-granadier I trust you know where the happy button is?

will force abilities to become more common like both settings have powers associated with them, and although 90% of powers are similar there are some differences

most noticeably how the warp is a dimension and can be used offensively as one

it's possible that the warp with giving knowledge of hyperspace to its wielders but a lot of techs still requires the warp in some capacity

and I don't think that the force can take the souls of people

this will lead to a situation where its harder for cults and rogue players to destroy stuff but easier for chaos to consolidate

I can see force daemons and warp daemons combine forces

plus we have necrons and the Tyranids, both of which are similar to galaxy ending treats in star wars

SyfyMovieFan and Harripota like this.
  7. prussian-granadier

the force would hate the emperor, it would look down on him as an enemy of life amd thus fight against him

and since the astro-navigators no longer need the astronomical there is no reason for them not to go out of the galaxy, like the large mangellan cloud and the halo stars

SyfyMovieFan and woodzrox like this.
  8. Ajlove

Ajlove Not too sore, are you?

I wonder how the Chaos Gods feel about this

9. Acolyte

Acolyte Know what you're doing yet?

Ok nice chapter but i am confused.

Because the memories thing doesn't make any sense. Becaues it couldn’t have happened in the past, because the MC has a perk for preventing that from happening. The only explanation with that in mind is that he has been given false memories to help with the perk, but that doesn't make any sense because others are reacting as if his memories are true.

There is a problem here that means wither his perk failed. Is his forge broken or something it doesn't seem to be working properly. Seriously his perks aren't working properly, especially how his ships were fucked up when he got them and how his hanger isn't working properly.

Ajlove likes this.
  10. souvikkundu

souvikkundu I trust you know where the happy button is?

Does introduction of force impacted warp Tears like maelstrom or Eye?

Ajlove likes this.
  11. Lotor

Lotor Prince of Planet Doom

Considering the Warp Tumors are atemporal and exist both in the past, present, AND future... they must be freaking the fuck out at being so diminished. Because they just lost... nearly every soul they could have taken in the future. That would be such a gigantic blow to their power base alone...

...Yeah. Shit is about to hit the fan.

I really, really want an Emperor PoV right about now.

Because he might be smiling. Especially if he remembers Star Wars.

12. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Ass Ponderer.

Oh no. The Emperor's inability to recognize character flaws and empathy resulting in catastrophic failure? Sounds like Horus Heresy 2 is going to happen. :V

13. Ghost in a Wall

Ghost in a Wall Making the rounds.

It would be halarious if Emp's misunderstands things to the point of beliveing that Satori became a major Warp entity (the Force) in order to spite the 4, and help humanity.

It'd be the best kind of misunderstanding and it'd be halarious.​

14. ImmortalEmperor34

ImmortalEmperor34 Getting out there.

Another excellent chapter thank you

15. Toguro

Toguro Not too sore, are you?

I would only be mildly surprised if the switch killed Big E :confused:

Ajlove likes this.
  16. Unravenan

Unravenan Not too sore, are you?

Trazyn the Infinite would love to buy/take it from you at all costs!

17. ImmortalEmperor34

When reading this I can’t help but wonder if the random jumps will send them to horror worlds

Ajlove likes this.
  18. ImmortalEmperor34

If so I approve

19. caspian1a

caspian1a I trust you know where the happy button is?

I hope the author expands more on Aura(TGWP version) and the Soul in general.

20. prussian-granadier

few horror worlds are a challenge to satori now

like what is Jason going to do against someone who can fly into space

Ajlove likes this.
  21. Slider Zero

TGWP Aura is a bit more...complex than normal Aura. I'd have to do some research into the exact mechanics for it before implementation. Other than that, it's a good concept.

caspian1a likes this.
  22. caspian1a

I mean the MC has TGWP Aura because the perk he got that awakened his Aura was from there plus he said that the version he had was more complex to wield and control than the basic version from canon RWBY.
    Edit: Sorry my mistake. I checked which perk he got that awakened his aura and it was Tinkerer from the normal RWBY jump rather than a TGWP perk.

23. ImmortalEmperor34

I just had an interesting thought satori in dues ex

Ajlove likes this.
  24. caspian1a

Slider Zero how does Aura interact with Psyker abilities and the Warp in general?

25. Stormin5532

Stormin5532 Getting out there.

Pfft, Emperor Alex Jones.

"THERES CHEMICALS IN THE WARP TURNING MY SPACE MARINES GAY!"

26. ImmortalEmperor34

I wonder if satori will build a megastructure

Ajlove and Kaelan Isble like this.
  27. ImmortalEmperor34

Perhaps he can use Talos 1

Ajlove likes this.