• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Site looks ugly now for no reason

Morte_Perpetua

Getting sticky.
Suddely the Site has become a black and grey mess that hurts my eyes and cannot be turned off in the settings.
Screenshot_116.png

This is what it used to look like, with bright text and clearly identifiable buttons.
Now it's this:
Screenshot_117.png

The text is barely legible on a lower brightness screen. Buttons blend in with the background and its overall more blocky and ugly.

Can somebody please help me change this? I need to at least increase the contrast of the text (honestly who was stupid enough to make it grey on a grey background).
This is terrible for people with less sharp eyesight.

And yes I have checked the display options and there are only 4 options of which 3 are blindingly bright "white modes".

Have you tried the "Style Chooser" found near the bottom-left of any thread? Scroll down all the way to the bottom, and the words "Style Chooser" and "Change Width" should be there. Click on it and pick another scheme. Also note that at the top there is a button to choose font size next to your username.

I made a script that changes the looks of the site, so it's white on black, instead of gray on gray. https://forum.questionablequesting....mode-theme-for-qq-violentmonkey-script.27120/

But the Admins added different themes recently, so it may be easier to switch to those in the Style Chooser. Though most of the "Blackened" themes are still Gray on Gray, except "Blackened High Contrast".

I don't use them since I don't like the gradient header.

Last edited:
Even at 1/4 the size due to the screenshots I have no issue reading the text.

I would try changing the screens settings, or maybe a set of prescription glasses.

Have you tried the "Style Chooser" found near the bottom-left of any thread? Scroll down all the way to the bottom, and the words "Style Chooser" and "Change Width" should be there. Click on it and pick another scheme. Also note that at the top there is a button to choose font size next to your username.
Thanks for this. I looked in the preferences and didn't find the list available in the style chooser. That provided a much better theme.

For that matter, does anybody know how to fix some of the various support Stylus stylesheets I use on SB, SV, and QQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back