1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

To light up the darkness (Naruto SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Castage, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    Castage

Castage Not too sore, are you?

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto
    Warning: It's a dark and heavy story. Not for light hearts.

* * *​

All stories follow a basic outline – there is a beginning, middle and conclusion of the story.

My consciousness slowly returned, as I awakened. It was dark – pitch black. I was in some kind of prison, unable to move.

So, it might be a little unfair, to start a story from the end… no, after the end.

I could hear the sounds, coming from outside. I could hear the clash of steel, screams… sounds of battle.

So, how did we get here? Honestly, I have no idea… but I suspect that I had a hand in this situation…

The front of the wall fell to the ground – the light momentarily blinded me. I grabbed the wall and started pulling myself out. I paused as I looked at my hand – skin had an unhealthy shade and was cracked in several places.

To understand how that could have happened, let's go back… not to the begging, but the middle of my story...
    Through, I am not sure how far back it is from now...

"Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei – successful!"

Because it's hard to tell the time when you are dead.

* * *​

Clink.

"Here's your tea, madam." the waiter said as he put the cup in front of me.

I turned to him and smiled. The boy blushed, his eyes travelled from my eyes, down, stopping at my cleavage. A moment later he caught himself and his head snapped up, his eyes looking at a point to the side and above of my head.

"W-will there be anything more?" He asked with a shutter.

"Yes, thank you." I observed with amusement, as the young waiter nodded, then stiffly yet swiftly, moved to another table.

'One could rule the world, with a right set of mammary glands...' I can't help but agree with the quote from my old world. It was also true in this one.

I took a sip of tea, enjoying the taste, my amusement quickly evaporating, replaced by nostalgia. I looked outside – I had a good view from the balcony of the inn on the street.

On the other side of the street, a shopkeeper was loudly advertising his Dango…

Slight overweight – but with visible loss of weight recently. Purse in the left-back pocket of pants, forehead covered in sweat – a slight irritation as another client refused to buy. A large amount of merchandise is still present on his stand. Business problems.

I moved my eyes slightly to the left. A woman stood near the entrance to the alley, smoking.

Revealing clothes with left thigh and cleavage exposed, sharp makeup - a prostitute. No smoke from the pipe – only keeps it for the looks. Swollen breasts, positive attitude – possibly recent mother.

A man approached the woman. She almost radiated, as the two talked. After a moment, she was hanging on the man's arm as the two made their way through the streets.

A small smile spread over my lips as I observed them for a moment. Then, my eyes landed on a young pair.

Teens. Arms locked, laughing. Not blood siblings – to great differences in the physique. Small gestures of affection. Romantic pair. Girlfriend and boyfriend. A stain of red lipstick on man's kimono – a recent addition. The woman doesn't wear lipstick. Affair?

Interesting~ What could be a story behind this, I wonder?

I hummed as I took a sip of tea, a small smile on my lips. So many stories. So many small problems. I was envious.

I smiled as I saw a group of children running through the street. I looked at them allowing my brain to filter the information.

Bruise on the knee, dirty shirt – middle-quality material. Smiling. Loudest. Leader of the group.

Ah, the famous trope of the loudest is a leader. The girl on the other hand-

Long dress – homemade. Eyes glued at the leader. Smacked with a boy.

Ah… to be young and in love. Next one-

The clothes are too big. Quiet. Eyes filled with admiration. Probably adopted into the group.

So, he was the adopted puppy. I took a sip as I looked at the last member of the group.

Keeping in the back – not part of the group. Following the group to blend in. Movements indicate military training. The shirt's stitch is impossible. Henge. Shinobi.

The cup stop right before my lips, as I froze. Thankfully, my training kicked in. My body continue moving as if nothing happened, while my mind went into overdrive.

Henge faulty. Low skill. Movements little rigid. Genin level. On mission. Not acting alone.

I drank my tea, calmly, while started scanning the surroundings with greater attention. My eyes went from one person to another – there.

A girl looking at the bread stall. Making her third-round around. Not bought anything. Not intending to buy anything. Not used to wearing dress. Dress not fitting. Weapon hidden under the dress. Probably blade. Genin level.

My eyes moved to where the Genin was looking. Soon I found the person the two were observing. A young woman in a battle kimono sitting on the lower level, eating and reading a scroll.

Kunoichi. Slashed forehead protector of Konoha – Missing-nin.

I took a closer look at the face, then took out a bingo book. It took me a moment before I found the entry.

Name: Aoki Nana
    Affiliation: Konoha – Missing Nin
    Danger level: C
    Order: Dead
    Bounty: 500 000

I frowned seeing the entries. Konoha wants one of their low-level genin dead? And what was with that extraordinary bounty for a simple genin? I traced my finger over her picture… not a bad looking young woman. The history and skill were kept to the minimum. The reason for being hunted down was stated as defection… something was off.

I tapped a finger on the picture and took another sip from the cup. Two fresh genin were not enough to hunt for a C-rank missing-nin.

My eyes travelled over the scenery again. Where would be the third of the team and sensei? Hm?

Where is where you look the least? Up.

My eyes travelled over the roofs… until I found what was not matching the scenery… Really? A genjutsu over women's laundry?

Genin.

Yes… that left the last one. A Jonin. Now… if it were me, where would I hide, to best support my genin team…

Fuck.

I looked back at the floor below and scanned patrons who were present. Three tables from missing-nin I found Jonin… the Joni... a very familiar Jonin.

Double fuck.

Now… what should I do. The most logical course of action would be just to get the hell out of here… this mess was not my business. On the other hand…

"Ah~" I sighed softly, as an idea came. Maybe…

I hid the book in my kimono and got up. I waved to the waiter.

"Bring tea and Dango to that table." I ordered, giving the man a couple of Ryo to the waiter as I pointed at the table the Jonin was sitting by.

Then, I started walking to the table. It was time to say hello.

The moment I entered Jonin's sight, I could feel her tensing. It was subtle, not too visible – professional. She did not lose an edge at all.

"Who would have thought we would meet each other, here?" I asked as I sat down. "Small world." I said with a small smile.

We sat in silence. I could feel the gears in her head-turning. She opened her mouth to say something but snapped it shut as the waiter came and put the tea and snacks on the table.

"Thank you, dear." I said as I handed him another coin – a rich tip. "Handsome, isn't he?" I said after he left, my eyes still locked with the woman's eyes. "I must warn you though – he comes in a package with his girlfriend." There was some satisfaction in making her frustrated again. Like old times.

"Still to your old games?" She sighed. "What are you doing here?" She asked, her voice on the edge.

"What? Can't I come to see my old flame?" I asked with a playful smile. I have not realized, how much I missed it.

She sighed, slightly irritated.

"You do realize that we have standing orders to capture or kill every missing-nin we encounter?" She said as if she was explaining things to a slow child.

I put my elbows on the table and rested my chin on my hands.

"Not, when you are in the middle of the job." I said easily. "Not when you are taking care of a band of green genin. You wouldn't risk starting a fight with possibly two enemies."

Her eyes immediately hardened. I am sure, if she was not so close to her target, she would be drowning me with her killing intent.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her voice on the edge. I smiled as I opened my mouth to give a quip. "Truly?" She added annoyed, easily seeing through my intentions. Spoilsport.

I shrugged.

"Would you believe if I said it was a chance meeting?"

She snorted.

"There's no such thing as that in the ninja world." This time, my eyes hardened.

"I am not a ninja." I said, my voice hard.

"You are a missing-nin." Her voice was heavy with regret, anger accusation… yeah, she was still crossed with me.

"Not missing anymore." I answered, more softly, my anger lessening. There was no point in me to fight with her. I did not want to fight against a comrade… an old love.

"A rouge one, then." She said with heat.

"I prefer the word 'retired'." I said calmly as I took a sip of tea. "I missed you." her response froze on her lips. She closed her mouth with a click.

We sat in silence for some time. We did not say anything. We just sat there, enjoying each other's company, like old times.

It was nostalgic… and, regrettably, it could not last.

"Interesting case you have here." I said motioning my head at the Konoha's missing-nin they were hunting. "What exactly did you bring your students here for? Snatch and escape?" I paused at her silence. "First kill?"

She stayed silent.

"Ah~" I understood. "Old enough to kill, old enough to fuck. Abduction. Interrogation. Assassination." My voice was dry… "You are going to dump all of this at once at them?"

"It's best to prepare them for the life of a ninja, early. They should know what to do… and what might await them. You know how it is." She said and took a sip of tea.

"Yes… I know, how it is." I looked at her. "If it wasn't that woman, but me a target – would you follow through with that plan?" I asked curiously.

"Hm…" She hummed as she raised a cup and took a sip.

She did not answer.

I shrugged – I already knew the answer… at least, I thought I knew.

I pointed with my eyes at the Konoha missing-nin.

"Interesting case that Kunoichi you are after." I said with my lips stretching in a small smile.

"Oh?"

"Konoha wanting one of their… strays, dead… and for such a price~" I said with a sing-song voice, playfulness returning instantly. "Curious, isn't it?"

"What are you saying." She asked with a frown.

"Just, that it's strange, isn't it? So I thought~" I said as I traced my finger over the cup's edge. "What if, the one paying the bounty was not Hokage… but a clan head?"

She straightened.

"You think-"

"It's possible that there was some indiscretion, between the Kunoichi and…" I paused, thinking on how best to relay, what I was thinking. "Well, in a couple of months, she might have a white-eyed child… or a red-eyed one." I shrugged. "But that's just speculation."

"…and you are just sharing it, like that?" It was hard to tell if it was supposition or sarcasm in her voice.

"Maybe… one missing-nin just wants to help other missing-nin? Or maybe I just wanted to see my old partner? Or maybe I wanted to flirt with my old flame?" I said with a playful wink.

"I have not decided on anything." My old partner almost growled back.

"No, you did not~" I said with a smirk as I got up. "Better make that decision fast." I turned and started leaving.

"Samui-" I stopped and turned back, to look at her. "Take care of yourself." Her voice was filled with care, sadness and… and for a moment, it was as if we were back – both genin in the village. The best team of their year. Best friends, comrades and-

I smiled softly and nodded.

"See you around, Mabui." I paused. I wanted to say soo much more, to do more, to- "It's been... good, to see you." I said as I left.

It was for the best.

* * *​

The water splashed as I stepped into a puddle. I pushed my rice hat up and took a look at the sky. The dark rainy clouds covered the entire horizon. I wrapped my coat tighter as a gust of cold wind blew and resumed my walk. I could use chakra to warm myself up… but that could attract the attention of sensor-nins.

The weather suited me just fine – with some luck, the Konoha ninja would keep their heads in some dry place.

Kra!

My head moved to the side of the road, as I continued walking. The crow cawed again. As it noticed me approaching it flew up, landing on one of the tree's branches.

Kra!

I frowned as I studied the shape the bird was so interested in.

Human. Blood.

I stopped. My eyes scanned the area.

Nothing.

I expanded my senses, checking for chakra sources.

Nothing.

I frowned. I started walking to the body, taking in the surroundings.

Broken branches. Numerous footprints on the ground. Unrecognizable. Rain washed away most of the traces. Footprints at least half-day old. Traces not made by ninja. Victim of bandits?

I stopped in front of the body and studied it.

Blood. Numerous bruises and cut wounds. Dirty from blood and mud. Body pale… light blush.

I narrowed my eyes and crouched. I moved the cloth to the side, to get a better look at the face.

Light movement. Breathing. Whisker marks on cheeks-

I froze. I moved my hand over his face.

Blond-

My hand shook a little. It was him.

* * *​

"Naruto." I greeted him with a cold voice.

Why was I not surprised, he would be the first person I would see after being resurrected?

* * *​

AN: Many things have happened, but I finally managed to return to writing.
    Thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

2. SaltyDoggo

SaltyDoggo The one that shall deny Fate

Interesting

Tunak23 and Castage like this.
  3. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    Castage

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto
    Warning: It's a dark and heavy story. Not for light hearts.

* * *​

I... was dead.

I knew it instinctively – not even because of my memories of dying. Not because of the still vivid feeling of pain, of having my skin cut, of my flesh being pierced, of my bones, breaking, of my spine being shattered to the point that I could not move – only feel as my organs bleed, as the figure knelt next to me...

No, I knew it, because my heart did not beat, my lungs did not move.

Because... I... felt... nothing!

A breeze blew, but I could not feel it. I only recognized it due to the way the plants and clothes moved. I could not feel the heat of the sun that was high in the sky... I could see, I could hear, but I could not feel.

So... that's how it feels, to be dead... in a world of the living. Huh... maybe thinking of feeling is a wrong concept – rather it's a lack of it.

I raised my hand and slowly closed it. There was strength in it... no. I simply lost limits – those that kept my body from breaking when I was alive.

A far away explosion brought my attention back to the present. The battle was raging around us. Yet, no one was coming close to us...

Battlefield. To think that I would be called, to serve once again. I guess, someone found me the right tool for the battle.

So... I was back in hell.

"Samui?" The shocked... familiar voice brought me out of my musings.

I looked up... at Naruto. I recognized him without a problem... but only now, I noticed how much he has changed. He was older, his eyes were more mature – gone was the naive teenager... how old was he? With his damn Uzumaki genes, I could not tell. He could be years or decades older from the time we last saw each other.

He was taller, his body more defined... scarred. He wore civilian garb, a tunic, sandals and simple pants, a kunai in a holster... the tattoos I could glimpse on his arms were a new addition-

Seals. Possible storage and combat applications.

Hoo... I guess he did learn a few tricks since my demise.

"If that's your reaction to her... I wonder how you will react to this... Two!" The voice behind me exclaimed. My summoner. I could already assume that we would not get along... not that we had to. I could feel chains around my soul, tightening, forcing me to obey.

I heard a sound of sand and cemetery bell... it was an out worldly sound from the realm of death. The earth shook as something started-

Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei. Next dead summon.

Well, Naruto... who did you piss off?

"Shit!" Naruto cursed and moved forward.

Realised what was happening. Intends to interrupt the summoning.

About time, you little brick. Alway so slow-

!~

The chains around my soul tightened. My body moved before my mind registered. So this was how it felt to be controlled by Edo Tensei? It was not just a body, but my soul that was controlled... owned... even slightly reshaped. My summoner's orders were my desires... it was subtle, not full overwriting, but something I could not resist. Did not want to resist.

It's like being interrogated by a fucking Yamanaka all over again.

The fellow blond stopped surprised as I appeared before him – he had the reflexes to dodge my punch. It was impressive, especially since my power was enhanced by my state in comparison to the time I was alive. He truly grew. I continued moving forward, my hand reaching the ground, my fist smashing into the earth, with enough strength for my wrist to disappear into the ground. Naruto prepared to strike my back, as it was wide open to him.

Naive.

I arched and kicked off the ground – he had only a moment to register what I had done before my heel crashed into his face. I continued the flip and did another one counter-wise - kicking the top of his head just as he recovered. While he was stunned, I followed up with my attack-

Punch to the chin, punch to the stomach, punch to kidneys, kick to the back of his knee.

I grabbed a kunai from his sheath and with a swift movement I left a swallow cut on Naruto's chest, making him hiss from pain. I put the blade behind his knee and pulled, leaving another cut and making him fall to the ground.

I knelt on his arm, locking it to the ground – I raised the kunai.

'I guess... we will end our story, just like we started it...'

I shoved the blade into his neck.

* * *​

A kunai slipped into my hand.

The material of clothes affiliated with fire country.

It was him.

Holes in the clothes suggest more wounds than visible. Regeneration.

The chosen one.

Numerous cuts, bruises and blood stains suggest an amateur or someone who wanted to inflict pain.

The saviour.

Left wrist broken. Right leg, bone sticking out of flesh. Left leg twisted. Blood coming from the mouth – internal organs damaged. Face carrying numerous bruises, broken nose. The left eye was probably regenerated after being removed.

The destroyer.

Strong regeneration at work. Status – stable.

I stood still. The rain was hitting the leaves and the ground. The sound of raindrops was deafening.

Kra!

The bird cracked, from its place on the branch.

I was cold... not because of what I saw. Those kinds of scenes occur commonly in life – more so in ninja's life than civilian's ones. Whether you were a lord or a kid, it did not matter. You were a tool for a group, clan, or village – all other groups were to be used or removed, depending on what benefited your group the most.

No... after my defection from Kumo, my 'retirement' life was peaceful. It was time away from the bloody mess of ninja, the villages and the only reminder of that time, where sporadic hunter-nins I had to dispatch. Since slashing the symbol on my headband, I could relax and enjoy life, without being ordered to kill, steal, cheat and destroy...

And now, I come upon... this... this boy, who holds the fate of the ninja world in his hands. What he represented... I detested the most. Hell, in my worst moments, I considered aiding Kaguya in seeing this world under her rule. A benevolent and tyrannical goddess would be better than what the world was now... From time to time, I still consider this. But no, in the end, what I sought was my own freedom and peace... away from the tyrants and their schemes.

There was no way in hell I would be aiding him, to save this wretched parody of world... rather than that...

I knelt near the boy, raindrops splashed on the blade of kunai as I brought it closer to his neck.

I would see the destruction of this world. To let the ninja burn, just like they truly wanted to. Let them live in the hell of their own making...

"!" the boy shivered and curled under the killing intent I was releasing.

"Shhh..." I said in a calm voice. "It will be over soon." I said in a warm, comforting voice.

I brought the knife to his neck, cutting the skin, the red blood splashing on the blade-

"Come Kona!" the Nai laughed as I played with her, throwing the ball-
    The small four-year-old girl slept peacefully, a small content sound escaping her mouth as I gently stroked her hair. A small smile graced my lips.

"For me?" Her voice was excited as she looked over a small straw doll. "Thank you!" I gasped surprised, as Nai threw herself into my arms, hugging me with feeling. I could practically feel her love-
    I looked over Nai as she lay on the bed. I stroked her hair before slowly, silently, removing the bloodied kunai-

I flinched, the blade moving away from the boy's neck, leaving only a slight cut on his neck. I crouched frozen, my eye looking at the boy. For a moment my mind was a chaos of thoughts… My mind was stormed by memories. The things I wanted to forget, played in front of my eyes again-

I shook my head, banishing the memories. I looked at the boy.

He was not worth it. He and what he represented, was not worth my attention… my actions… it was better to wash my hands of him… just like I did with Kumo.

I stood up and hid the kunai back in my kimono.

Konoha will probably find him sometime soon… better to leave before they arrive. I really did not want to meet any of their shinobi.

I looked at the boy again, then shook my head. I turned on my heel – I should make it to the Wave Counrty and take a ship-

!

I stopped as I felt-

I looked down. The boy was holding the edge of my coat.

I stood there, just looking at him.

He shivered from the cold.

I raised my hand to rip the coat of his hand… then paused as an idea… no, a possibility struck me. A thrid path.

What if?

My mind went into overdrive, as I considered my idea. I considered every pros and cons… before coming to decision. I turned around and knelt next to the boy. A small prick on his neck, knocked him out – I had no time to heal his wounds here. I had to transport him. I carefully picked him up - a whimper escaped him as his broken limbs moved, but the drug kept him knocked out.

I carefully hid him under my coat… then started running.

- - -​

I sat down and leaned against the wooden wall, as I finished fixing the boy's wounds. He sat on my knees, his breathing more peaceful now… he snuggled in his sleep, making as much contact with my skin as he could, his head cuddling into my chest. Instinctively he felt safe with me…

I almost found it hilarious… if it just didn't cut so deep.

I grabbed the coat and covered both of us.

After a moment I felt the boat sway, as it started moving… I could hear the crew moving on the deck... I knew, from this moment on, my peaceful days were over. I closed my eyes, deciding to grab some sleep. The ship's bell rang, helping me to fall asleep.

Ding, ding, ding-

* * *​

Ding!

"Three!" The far away voice exclaimed.

The kunai's blade broke right before touching the skin – a chakra cloak started forming on my eyes-

"!" A chakra tail struck me with the strength of roaring Biju, sending me flying.

I cracked through a wall of a ruined building before skidding on the ground to a stop. As Edo Tensei started fixing my broken body, I quickly moved back, passing my summoner and stopping next to two coffins.

Naruto looked up at me, chakra cloak covering his body, tails swaying behind him. He looked as if struck as the lids of coffins opened and the two summons stepped forward.

The three of us looked at the blond jinchūriki, waiting for an order to attack.

Samui, Pincers of Kumo's Black Widows Assassins corp.
    Minato, the Konoha's Yellow Flash, Fourth Hokage
    Kushina, the Red Hot-Blooded Habanero, former jinchūriki.

The summoner cracked, behind us, laughing…

4. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

Threadmark your first chapter too plz.

Castage likes this.
  5. Castage

From all the possible comments - while there are only two chapters - I did not expect this one.

Done.

6. kabs

kabs I like well thought out, inspiring stories. Gone for Good

huh, so definitely an au then
    or they cut the reapers stomach

7. Grimmouse197

Grimmouse197 Experienced.

I kinda agree that the Naruto world is very twisted. I can see why he wants to burn it.

8. awaythrow530

awaythrow530 Not too sore, are you?

I thought that Minato could not be summoned without the death mask, hmm so maybe Sasuke or Orochimaru/Kabuto, I'm curious if it could be someone like Ino, kind of curious to how things got to that point, looks like it;s more of a fanon world with how he was treated. I can kind of get behind the whole burn the world down, it is a dark world with a lot of killing and senseless death.