• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

To Speak the Arcane (Arcane/League of Legends/High Schoo DxD)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Zaun Alleys

"Huh?" I blinked as the scenery abruptly changed from my comfy room to a...
A Clichéd Arrival

Vtorc

Getting out there.
Zaun Alleys

"Huh?" I blinked as the scenery abruptly changed from my comfy room to a dark-looking alley.

My face automatically scrunched while I pinched my nose at the fetid odor in the air. Well, I suppose that shouldn't have been much of a surprise considering how unhygienic this place looked -and painfully enough, is me being kind in my sparse description.

And oh, I wasn't alone.

Situated some feet away from me was a gathering of people dressed in garbs that were most unlike anything I've ever seen before (except in Cosplay Gatherings or events relating to that sort), and from the looks of it, I don't think some of them are the good guys... Or at least, from what I can see.

They were a gathering of two different cliques. The ones who were dressed like thugs seemed to fight against—no, pardon me—seemed to be beating the hell out of the other clique who were as far as I can see, a group of ragtag kids.

Unfortunately, (kinda) it seemed as if my presence had been finally registered as one of the goons, who had a green gas mask growled out.

"Beat it, dickhead. Before I decide that you're next."

But to the threatening yap being thrown at me, I merely smirked in return.

"Yeah~ how about a no to that."

Silence immediately descended in the gloomy alley. Slowly, the thuggish group stopped their macabre handiwork as they all turned to look at me with not-so-good intentions in their eyes.

The man with the gasmask covered his face, while his shoulder occasionally twitched—he was laughing.

"Hah... Hahahaha—well, well, well boys. Seems like we've got ourselves a hero, eh?" The man with the gas mask paused, scrutinizing me as his eyes turned maliciously crescent. "And not just any hero. You're a topsider. So why bring you clean folks around this part of town."

"Clean?" I thought with a raised brow, before scanning myself. "... Yeah, compared to you idiots, at least, I'm clean. As for your question, I've got four words; none of your business."

I don't think the man could have made it more obvious as he tilted his head. The other 5 of his thugs trotted towards my sides, flanking and cutting me off from escape... Yeah, they wish.

With a flourish, a dagger -one that looked bloodied- appeared on the man with a gasmask's hand.

Skillfully twirling the bladed weapon, he said. "You know, Mr. Hero. Normally, I would ask if we're doing this the easy way or the hard way. But... Hahahaha... Let's do it the hard way and besides, I've always been hearing that the pilots all consider themselves to be blue-blooded. Well, now I figure is the perfect time to test the saying, eh."

"Ah~ gutting," I muttered as the man with the gasmask approached me while his henchmen moved menacingly in an enclosing manner.

Raising a hand, I said. "I feel like this is all a dream. That I'm in my bed imagining all this up... Even though, I'm quite sure I cannot do such a thing... But you know, doesn't this just feel quite suspicious to you, bastards."

Maybe there was something he had seen in my eyes because the man halted with faltering steps.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You see a lone guy looking so nonchalant despite being surrounded by distinguished gents like yourself and not once did you not ask yourself. Why isn't he quaking in his shoes or pissing his pants? Does he have some sort of hidden card or what?"

I raised a hand towards the others.

"I mean, come on. No one is that stupid... Unless those characters I used to read in storybooks. And I believe they were called 'Grade D mobsters'."

Gritting his teeth, the man with the gasmask gritted out.

"I don't fucking care what kind of card you got, I'm gutting you right here right now... Boys, hold him for me. I don't want him moving too much while I carve him up."

'Heh...' I chuckled, as my shadow whirred as if alive. 'How seriously cliché.'

*—*—*

Candidly speaking, I am afraid.

After all, unlike what most of you are suspecting right now, I was nothing special from the Reality I had originally come from.

I wasn't a super soldier or some secret service agent, I didn't possess any supernatural powers nor was I a part of some wizards hocus pocus society.

I was merely a normal 17-year-old teen; one born to a normal family (that I can no longer remember their identities due to a certain deal that I made), I loved watching animes and playing video games—especially, ones with multi-players.

Heck, even this whole badass attitude I'm pulling out from my ass is just me seriously LARPing my ass out.

Like the kind of tricking myself to feel like a badass kind of LARP.

I don't possess any sort of 'top of the cream' aptitude or ambition. I was average in all of the things that I've put my hands in (maybe except gaming) and I was proud of my averageness.

That is until... That offer I received after my death.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

"Alright, I'll spare you the drivel and get straight to the point. You've died when it isn't your time to die... And hold your thought right there, I didn't play a hand in your death or anything... It was merely bad luck. But luckily for the both of us -if you get what I mean. You get to start again in a world of my choosing. And as compensation for your untimely death, you get to choose any 5 abilities from infinite possibilities... Yes, anything."

Sited on the luxurious chair, the man who termed himself as [Omnipotence] smirked, "So tell me, what it is that you desire?"

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

[First Gift: Annihilation Maker]

I could feel it stirring within me.

A monster created from my very imagination.

With a loud splash, my shadow erupted, spurting out a dark liquid substance, it whirled, taking form and shape. It grew to a height of over 10 feet and with a menacing gleam, 4 ocular orbs started out inducing a chilling terror in all who stared at it.

One of the thugs a bare-chested bald man, staggered back in terror. "What the FUCK is that?!"

I smiled as the dark ink sloshed down to reveal a Monster I had known from childhood. Although, technically speaking it isn't a Monster—more of an Alien.

Its four trunk-like arms flex intimidatingly, as the red skin Tetramand lets out a resounding roar that echoes far out into the city!

'Shit.' I flinched. 'Even that made me to almost crap my pants.'

Eyeing it, even I couldn't help but feel intimidated.

'Damn, it's scarier than how it used to be in the TV show.'

While it still had the iconic appearance of its TV counterpart. The magma-like veins trailing around its body and large exhaust that occasionally spurt out flames from its shoulders made it look like something out of a horror show.

Then again, the reason I made it like this isn't because of its prettiness... But yeah, next time I'll try to make sure that my imagination doesn't run that wild again.

With a mental command, I ordered the Tetramand to stand down and turned to the man with the gasmask whose eyes looked like he had seen his maker with a smile.

'Ah...' My smile widened, 'Here comes the best part.'

"Allow me to introduce my friend, here." I tapped at the Tetramand's chest—feeling even its breathing like a bear's growl. "He's from a Warrior species... A familiar of sorts. But well, I just call him, Four Arms."

"Fu-Fuck... You're a Mageborn." The man in the gasmask said shakily.

'Mageborn?' I raised a brow before, before mentally shrugging.

If that's what they call people who use magic then they're not wrong. But more importantly...

"I remember someone saying that they were about to gut me. The question now is what am I going to do about it?"

I took a step forward, and the scary-looking Tetramand copied my movement with an earthshaking stomp. Thankfully, the alley had quite the space for Four Arms to move without much lack of maneuverability.

"Luckily for you, bastards, I'm kind to the extent that I won't kill you—and unluckily for you, I'm still one to hold a grudge. Four Arms... Break all their limbs for me."

What followed after was like something out of a horror story…

The Tetramand stomped forward, each of its hands stretched and grabbed four of the thugs by their limbs -just one of its palm enveloping two of their limbs.

The ones who weren't in the monster's grasp saw it as an opportunity to run off. But Four Arms merely stomped its feet and the entire area rocked as if it were suffering from an earthquake flipping them to the ground.

Although, for me, it was not normal. I was easily able to remain on my feet. I took the opportunity to tear my eyes off the macabre act about to happen to the webbed earth and walls sporting new large cracks...

Four Arms was holding back, it seems. But then again, it might be for the best.

Collapsing buildings and a crater do not make for the best of sights.

Behind me were the sounds of bones snapping.

KrrRRrrk! (Snap!)

"Gah!"

"Fuck, my arms!"

"AaaarGggRrRRRrrhh!"

The man in the gasmask seemed to be on wit's end—that is until he paused as he noticed the children who were huddling at the end of the alley.

Before he could even make any move on his end, I said.

"Sure about that? Cause if you're about to do what I think you're about to do, then let me assure you this. You are going to regret it. Let me break your arms and you go on your merry way, but if you decide to go after those kids, then what I will be breaking next would be just some freaking pair of limbs."

The man with the gasmask froze, steps unsure of the next action to take. Though unfortunately for him, Four Arms was already done with the others—he was next.

Eyes cranked shakily at me and said. "Co-C-Come on, sure we can't talk this out?"

I smiled. "Nope~"

KrrRRrrk! (Snap!)

"AaaaRRggghhh!"

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"Stay on the lookout and if you see any... Bad-looking folks, chase them away—or bring them to me if they seem too stubborn to leave."

I said to Four Arms who nodded and trudged away like a lumbering giant.

With the man in the gasmask (I never really got his name in the end) and his henchmen dealt with and thrown out, I figure it's time I find out what's going on by asking the kids.

"Hey there—whoa, whoa, whoa... I'm not with those guys." I said, raising both my hands in a placating manner. "So how about you drop that glass down and let me see if there is anything I can do about the injuries you and your friends are sporting."

It was all too easy for me to seize the glass by force, but experience (particularly from school and home) has told me that for one to experience any sort of a peaceful discussion, one must hold a semblance of authority however small it may be.

The glass in the kid's hand is his semblance of authority. To take that away would only make the situation more annoying than what it originally was.

Besides, I can see in the kid's eyes that he doesn't mean any harm…Not like he could even harm me in the first place.

The boy looked at his injured arm and at the bruised children who gathered around a blonde girl who seemed grievously injured.

Gritting his teeth, he turned to me and said. "Just—just go and check up on her."

Nodding, I walked past him and slowly approached the injured girl, who seemed to already have a red blotch on her stomach.

'Yikes,' I winced. 'I'm certainly no doctor, but that looks nasty.'

"Can you do something about it?" Behind me, the boy with the glass asked.

Despite how mature he tried making his voice sound like, there was no denying the desperation I had picked in his tone.

"Yeah, I can," I replied affirmatively. "How about you all gather around? Let me heal you all at once."

Well, truthfully speaking. Simply healing was amongst the least of what I am capable of doing right now—regeneration, restoration, curing of diseases, curses, or whathaveyou. My second gift went beyond all that, breaching and surpassing the realm of Soul manipulation itself.

Yes, it might sound like I'm showboating, but that's simply an apt description of my second Gift.

[Second Gift: Sephiroth Graal]

A Soul Bound Item that allowed me to manipulate the very concept of Life and Death; to elevate it or to devolve it however I please.

I felt my eyes gain a little bit of warmth as the world as I knew it was gone—melded with the colors of different soul wavelengths.

"Glowing eyes... Cool." One of the children muttered.

I flashed a smile, chuckling internally at how fretful the boy who had just spoken looked like. Anyway, I've wasted more than enough time.

The instructions for using the Sephiroth Graal were in my head as if it had been there my entire life. Raising a hand shrouded in a golden aura, pointing towards the children, I commanded for them to be healed.

With a whoosh, the aura spread out enveloping the children and brightening a bit. When the light died down, the children could only look at themselves in wonder and happiness—they were healed.

"So how do you feel?" I asked.

The boy rubbed his shoulder testily before a smile bloomed on his face.

"Like the wound was never there in the first place... Thanks."

"You're welcome," I replied.

It seems my little good deed must have worked a tidbit too well as I could see the children who were weary of me were now approaching me.

To the boy who held the glass, I stretched a hand. "I'm Jax."

Eyeing my hand, the boy pursed his lips and roughly grabbed it.

"Owen... I can't believe I'm about to say this to a topsider, but thanks for the save."

And that broke the ice as the others eagerly introduced themselves.

"I'm Rudolf! Nice ta' meet ya'!"

"Mia..." Yeesh, seems like this one didn't fall in line with the others.

"Russ, so how do you work your magic?"

Meanwhile, the blonde girl bowed and demurely said. "Sasha, thank you for healing me."

Ruffling her head, I quirked my lips. "I only did what a normal person would have done."

"So, um," Rudolf asked with a bemused look. "What's a 'opsider doin' around 'ese parts of 'e lanes?"

'Now here comes the part I've been waiting for.' I thought to myself while scratching my cheeks.

Thankfully, from the sparse information I've gotten from the thugs, (seriously, seems like I owe them one) I have been able to put up a fake story of my own...

What? It's not like I can tell them that I am some dimensional traveler who had been transmigrated into this world by someone who calls himself [Omnipotence]...

That's one thought I don't want to figure out the kind of reaction it could bring and the kind of eyes it would attract.

Straightening up, I replied. "Truthfully, nothing."

"Nothing?" Owen said, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

'God, how does a 13-year-old even do that?' I thought to myself, but outwardly, I shrugged.

"Yeah, nothing. And topsider? I think you're all fundamentally mistaken, I'm not a topsider, because I don't even know what that means or even where this is."

Mia, the one I'd pegged as the silent type, scoffed. "That's plain bullshit. How did you get here and not know what a topsider is? ...Guys, he's lying."

My eye twitched as I felt the nagging itch to give the girl a piece of my mind and a spanking as a plus... Hah, now I can't help but feel depressed that a kid of less than 15 years could make me feel this way.

But Sasha interrupted Mia with a sound of audible reprove. "He's not lying, Mia. I saw him appear out of thin air—and some sort of hovering scribbled circle. I don't think he knows where this is."

"But that's impossible." Mia refuted, turning to point a finger at me.

"Even if you did appear out of some magic circle, how can you not know about Zaun? We're amongst the most famous cities in Runeterra!"

'Zaun, Runeterra... Interesting, so that's where I am now.' I thought, eyeing the area, I nodded to myself that this place did seem Zauny to me. 'Heh, nice one if I do say so myself.'

Coughing to gain attention, I willed a teleporting circle and vanished, appearing a few steps away from the kids who jumped up in surprise.

Owen, who was the biggest of the bunch, squeaked out. "Alright, we get it. You can teleport. Just stop doing that, it gives me the creep..."

Clapping my hand, I looked at Mia who raised her hands in surrender,

"Same here. After all, it's none of my business why you're here in the first place. So long as it doesn't hurt my family I couldn't care less."

"Good," I said, happy that the customary questions had been done. Now it's my turn to ask the question. "So now, how about in exchange for my healing, you guys tell me all that you know about this place... This Zaun. Of course, in a safer location."

I feel like I've taken the pleasantries far enough. It's time for me to get what I want and for now, what I want is information.

I'm in a whole new world where the new shits I'm capable of doing aren't some Harry Potter mystery. If I want to start somewhere, the first thing I would need is information about my current location.

As soon as we prepared to leave the alley—earth suddenly tremored as my Tetramand roared which was promptly followed by horrified screams.

'Well, what do you know, seems like Four Arms must have chased away some ruffians—'

I halted as I watched the Tetramand come back with human luggage tucked under its trunk arms.

'Or brought back the more stubborn ones.'

Cracking my fingers, I figured this time I would taste my combat power and these ruffians would be the perfect test subject. Like Four Arms, I too would have to hold back if I didn't want to turn my surroundings into a wasteland.

… … Is what I would have done, if it weren't for Owen's happy voice of recognition (?).

"Red, Rungs…What are you two doing here?"

"Owen... Owen is that you?"

A tuft of red hair struggled from the Tetramand's grip -not like she escaped it- to reveal the face of a pretty-looking woman around my age.

"And what's with that question. That's what I'm supposed to be asking you all. Why the fuck did you all go out without any supervision even though Boss said that now isn't a safe time to do so? Silco's men or the Pilts could have caught you!"

For the first time (which wasn't that long, to be honest), Owen's face born a childlike look as he replied in a pouty tone.

"You and the Boss aren't the only ones who want to take the fight to Silco. We too can fight for Zaun!"

"You..." Red gritted out but paused as she turned to look at me. "Hey Mr. Topsy, care to tell your big scary friend here to let us down. I feel like we might have gotten off on the wrong foot, and seeing as the kids are alright with you, we can at least hold an amicable discussion."

'Why do I feel like I've transmigrated in an important story arc?' I thought, but that couldn't stop the rising bubble of excitement within me.

Yeah, I'm quite sure I could gain something nice if I stay with these folks. After all, they all smell like minor main characters in a story.

Clicking my fingers, Four Arms vanished with a dark inky splash. After waiting for Red and Ruggles to get on their feet, I moved towards both of them and said, "I'm Jax, a wandering Arcane User. Nice to meet you."

An Unfamiliar Scenery
In hindsight, I should have suspected this.

At first, my arrival into this new world was filled with all sorts of expectations. Like what kind of place or even period would I be in? A medieval town? A futuristic city? Or, even a metropolis similar to my world? Would I recognize it from any of the famous anime or comic franchises?

What… I've read enough fan fiction to know that such a thing isn't an impossibility. Look no further than my case as an example.

But, yeah, I should have expected that reality doesn't always conform to one's expectations. No, don't get me wrong. The new place I'd found myself in was quite the exotic one.

Green and purple neon lights decorated the streets, lighting it up to give off the impression of a cyberpunk-lite scenery. Pipes conjoined from houses to houses stretching above, creating an architectural marvel. As if that weren't enough, I could see humans and other humanoid creatures milling down the streets like it was commonplace for them.

So yes, this new place I have landed in had its share of wonders.

But that's where the positives mostly ended.

Now not to be offensive, but this place to put it mildly; kind of stinks. Not in the sense that it would make me want to cover my nose and puke the contents of my stomach due to its putridness. But rather in a way that made me feel like living in such conditions wasn't healthy or even comfortable.

The people... Hah, they're not how I had presumed them to be. I thought that the issue of that thug and his friends was kind of a one-off thing. But looking around, I can see they were just one batch amongst the flock.

Just going around the corner and into the city main, I'd seen a man pummeling and robbing another man in broad daylight—and no one was doing anything about it. Heck, from the lackluster reaction it feels like what just happened was a normal occurrence, and that wasn't all...

I'll admit, it kinda killed my motivation to stop the obvious crime from happening... Who knows the story behind the daylight robbery?

I saw some people stagger about with a hazy look in their eyes which gave off an unnatural purple glow. Beggars were at the sides of the streets sporting purple deformities on their person which made me suspect that that purple glow, I had seen the druggies (because that's what those staggering guys had to be) sporting in their eyes had something to do with it.

My eyes tinted golden as I utilized a [Psychic] spell to see the spiritual essence of this Zaun, and somehow, I wasn't surprised by what I saw.

'This place is as spiritually putrid as it is in the material plane.' I thought to myself.

Through the aid of my third gift, I had been granted the capability of instantly understanding and comprehending all sorts of magic—and that meant during the time of my walking, I had been analyzing the magic of this planet, Runnetera (which is interesting by way).

Anyway, in my short time, the first thing that interested me was the existence of spirits, one of the components of the arcane. Stretching out my senses, I could feel their existence in most parts of this world, but in Zaun. They were unsurprisingly scanty.

Like the most, I could sense… Was one. Yes, that one was obscenely powerful with its element being… Wind.

Eh, no surprise there. This place could certainly use the ventilation.

Now this is just my opinion, but I feel like the reason for the lack of spirits is that the environmental conditions are corrupting the entire city and preventing any form of spirit from taking root in it...

"!"

Pausing, I turned to the side, watching upwards with a brow raised.

"The hell?"

"See something that tickles your fancy, Mr. Wizard?" Red, who saw me looking strangely in a particular direction but couldn't see anything of interest, asked.

Shaking my head, I slowly turned and said. "Nothing... Just felt an eye on me just now."

Owen, who was in the front, chuckled. "Really, because from the way I see it. Everyone's got their eye on you. Especially since you look like a topsider."

Grunting, I nodded compliantly. But internally, I knew that wasn't the case. What had been looking at me wasn't human, or even any of the species I have seen but yet to identify.

It felt inhuman... It felt like the wind.

Laughing at that, I sighed in thought. 'Maybe, my LARPing is kind of getting to me... But then again, I did sense a wind spirit. I'll check later just to be sure."

One could never know; new world, new rules.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"So, um, what's it like being an Arcane User?" Sasha asked me, bearing a look of wonder in her eyes.

"Come on, Sasha," Owen said, bumping her shoulders with his own. "You know we can't discuss something like that out here. What do you think the others would do if they saw him using magic?"

Tilting my head, I looked at Red who shrugged with a sigh and said. "Magic isn't so well received around Zaun… Or even Piltover for that matter. It is one of the reasons we banded together in the first place; the Threats Beyond the Walls... That was before the Pilts decided to do their own thing, and began treating us like nobodies… Anyways, the reason why we aren't freaking our asses out is because if you saved the twerp's ass and you don't seem like you're going to kill us. But that doesn't mean you should advertise that you're a mage so openly. It could attract the wrong kind of eyes."

'Hmm... So magic isn't as accepted as I thought it would be. But then again, there's that masked thug's reaction which was kind of over the top.'

Yeah, fuck it.

Just because the people of Zaun and Piltover were afraid of magic doesn't mean that I would be accommodating them by concealing my own. If I want to use my magic I will use it -however I want.

In this new life of mine, I won't be allowing others to dictate how I live my life.

I will live it to the fullest.

That was the very reason I had made myself powerful in this life in the first place.

Red paused, catching the sad gleam on Sasha's face before she groaned. "Urg… But then again, if all you're going to do is talk, I suppose there is no harm in doing so."

Sadness transitioned to happiness as Sasha turned to me with an eager look. I'll admit that it suits her, definitely much better than the child group leader look she had been pulling back in the alley.

Coughing, I said. "Thanks for the go-ahead, but at the same time, no thanks. If I want to give an explanation I would be doing it on my terms. I don't give a damn about what others might think of me. As long as they don't push me, I won't push them... But then again…"

I snapped my fingers and a brief flash of light washed our little group.

"There, I've cast a [Illusion-Hypnotic] spell. Any magic I cast for now won't be seen by those who aren't part of this group and if -however small- there is a chance that my illusion is bypassed, an automatic suggestion would be applied for them to ignore."

"Heh~" Rudolf whistled. "Now that I wouldn't mind learnin'. The thought of how we can play Silco 'round like a fiddle with that kind of spell is enough to keep my apprehension of magic at bay."

Rungs, the one who was not the human in our group, grunted with a shrug.

"Works for me so long as it doesn't give us any problems."

Smiling, Red shook her head and said. "Then again, it's not like I'm one to talk about following the rules. Since you said you've got this under control, then I'll just have to believe you… Can't believe I'm saying this to a Topsider."

"Not a topsider."

"Oh, right. I meant, wandering arcane user…Like that ain't crazier."

Nodding, I turned to Sasha. "The thing about being an Arcane User, well… I'll admit that it changes the perspective fundamentally. Magic is simply the act of controlling a source of energy to manipulate reality in whatever way you want. So in my perspective, my arcane arts grants me the capability of having or being whatever I want…"

Or, at least that's how I see it.

Candidly speaking, my magic doesn't make me an arcane expert overnight. My third gift [Akashic Records] grants me the capability to instantly use any kind of magic I want without any form of repercussion or requirements, even ones that are considered forbidden.

So long as I will it, magic would fashion it.

But simply possessing the capability to use the spells doesn't mean I can understand the intricacies of the spell exactly. For example, I can use the spell [Fire Ball] and that's all, but a true fire user knows how to manipulate to create a [Fire Ball] and use the same flames to create a [Fire Arrow].

In that same vein, I am capable of using all the types of magic this world has to offer and even creating spells that don't even follow this world's magic system. But unlike a true Sorcerer, I can't understand the true principles behind what I am doing.

It's like having the ability to create an atomic bomb, but at the same time, not knowing that it's an atomic bomb… Yeah, something like that.

Ok, that's scary.

Meanwhile, Mia scoffed and faced her face up. "You know there's a difference between boasting and statement of fact... Magic cannot do everything."

"Since when are you the magic expert?" Sasha countered.

Sputtering, Mia said. "Oh come on, Sasha. I mean if magic can do everything, then why did our forefathers not use magic to stop whatever it was that made them come and build Zaun and Piltover in the first place? I will admit magic is powerful, but it cannot be capable of doing everything."

"Then how about we put our claims to the test?" I said, "I say, magic is capable of anything. You say it isn't. So what do you think is impossible for magic to do? Think of anything and I can do it."

"Then—"

Raising a hand, I interrupted her. "But remember if I can do it, then you promise to never doubt my words again, and~ I'll be allowed to ruffle your hair whenever I want to."

Mia raised a brow, puckering her lips in contemplation before finally nodding. "Alright, but if you can't do it, you'll admit that you're a liar and I'll be allowed to boss you around for the entire day."

"Um, Mia." Owen turned to Mia with a concerned look. "Normally I would agree with you, but isn't testing the patience of a giant-four-arms monster-summoner a tad too much."

Folding her arms, Mia stubbornly replied. "Well, I see it as the equivalent of touching my head and saying that he's right all the time. Besides, I'm quite sure if Mr. Mageborn is that confident in his claim that magic can do anything, then he shouldn't have any problem with my terms."

I shrugged. "Bring it on, kid."

"Don't call me kid. It's Mia... And soon to be boss to you." Mia grouchily said.

With a nod, I motioned for her to proceed, inviting a deeper understanding of her character.

It seemed like I was gradually deciphering the gears of her personality—cold and wary in the presence of outsiders, fiercely protective of her group. Not being the leader suggested a familiarity with taking orders, yet beneath that exterior, there was an unmistakable impulsiveness, more pronounced than any inclination to follow the kind of authority she doesn't approve of.

Considering what I have seen of this place, I reckon that something bad must have happened to her before.

Then again, I may be wrong since all my observations are based on animes, comics, and TV shows.

Coughing, Mia said. "So... Urm…"

Eyes darting left and right, the girl looked stumped on what to ask. I don't blame her. It isn't every day that you are asked what you desire as a test. Most would have been stumped on how to proceed.

It did take me 3 days to choose the five gifts I wanted from [Omnipotence].

"How about asking him to use magic to kick Silco's as—ow!" Owen offered—before wincing and turning to Red. "What was that for?"

Red, who silently moved to the boy and smacked his head, said. "That would be undermining the essence behind our Goal. We, the Zaunites are gonna' bring our Zaun back. If we use magic from someone who doesn't understand what we're fighting for, then we may as well spit on the faces of those who have died bringing us to this point."

Rubbing the back of his head, Owen contritely replied. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry."

Turning to me, Red raised her hands, apologetically.

"No offense, Jax."

"Offense not taken," I replied.

More like; I like what I'm hearing. This is all I needed to hear to be sure that I've landed with people closely related to the plot of the story.

How cliché… How exciting…

"I-I know that too by the way." Mia defensively said. "Of course, I wasn't going to ask for that. We can kick Silco's butt by ourselves."

Mia rubbed the old bangle placed on her left wrist meaningfully, while a look of forlornness flashed past her face. Shaking her head as if to chase away a haunting memory, Mia forced a confident smirk on her face and said.

"I know what I want; a chest filled with gold rune coins."

I blinked. "Really?"

"What?" Mia tauntingly said. "Is that too much for the Mr. 'Nothing-is-impossible-for-magic'? You can always say I lose and—"

Raising a hand, I interrupted Mia.

"No, no. That's not what I meant by really. It's just that I thought you would have asked for something harder like making it snow or making the air in Zaun clean, or—"

"Wait, you can do that?!"

The collective scream that interrupted me contained enough raw emotions that it made me flinch.

Blinking, I looked at everyone before focusing on Mia. "I did say 'anything', didn't I?"

"Yeah, but..."

"But what? Is cleaning the air in Zaun that big of a deal? I did get a reading on the air alkalinity and while it is already bothering poisonous, it isn't that hard to cleanse using magic... Heck, I'm quite sure that you guys can also cleanse the air by planting trees or any forms of foliage for ventilation."

Everyone shared a bitter look, while Owen huffed and kicked away an empty can, a scowl marring his face.

"You sure would think that, but look around. In case, you have not realized, we're in an underground city. We don't share the same access to light as Piltover... And even if we did, with the city as it is, trying to bring clean air is more of a fool's job."

I once again looked around. This time, observing the city of Zaun with new eyes.

'Hum, that would explain why the city's dimness. An underground city, eh? You certainly picked an interesting place to place me in [Omnipotence].'

Coughing to change the topic, I said. "Now about that chest of... Golden Hexes. I want you to go get a chest of your choosing and fill it with stones."

"Huh." Mia raised a bemused brow. "Why should I do that? Can't you just hocus pocus the entire thing right here?"

"Oh, I can do that, but I won't for three valid reasons. Do you think it's wise for me to produce such valuables right here? Look around and tell me that I'm wrong. There's also the fact that I don't know what these Golden Hexes look like."

"Oh, right." Rudolf slapped his forehead. "I 'orgot that you're new 'round these parts. Teleportation 'and all."

Mia groaned as memories from the incident back in the alley came flooding back in. But still obstinate, she said. "So what's the third reason?"

I smirked. "That concerns a little job I want you to do for me. I want you to find a chest of whatever size and fill it with rocks."

"Huh," Mia folded her arms akimbo. "Why should I do that?"

"Think of it as the little part you have to play for you to achieve your desired result. After all…"

I stretched my hand and a small ornate chest a little bit bigger than my palm materialized, hovering above my palm.

"The size of the chest had not been exactly specified. So I kinda' hold the authority to decide what a chest is and what's not."

The bass of Ruggles' chuckle shook the group. "Admit Mia, he's got a point. This is all on you."

"Cannit dickwad." Mia cursed, with lips twisting. "Alright, I'll admit you have a point... Or points. Shit that means I'll have to go the light-house to get what I need."

Now that's one interesting term.

"Light-house? You guys have a light-house?"

But it seemed like my words had the opposite effect than I intended.

Mia froze in horrifying realization, both hands went to her mouth, clasping it with a pained look on her face. Harold gave a painful wheeze, with Owen slowly shaking his head.

"Mia…" Sasha trailed off.

"I-I-I-I know—sorry, I didn't mean to say it." Mia stammered out apologetically.

Unable to get the message behind what was happening, I turned to the older members of the group.

"Is this light-house some secret word or something?" I asked.

Sighing, Red said. "Yeah, something like that. Look, I won't ask you to forget what you've just heard, but please can you not spread this out? Innocent people can die if that word reaches the wrong ears."

Wow, talk about heavy.

Chuckling, I said. "In case you guys haven't noticed. You all are like the only ones I've met since my arrival. And don't worry the 'L' word is safe with me."

Grabbing my right arm, Sasha nodded to me. "Thanks..."

"Not a problem. I don't want you all to feel so scared of me—no, need to hide it. I may not have known you all for long but I can tell that you aren't exactly confident in me and I don't blame you all."

Smiling, I lifted a finger.

"How about this? You guys can go to your secret spot. I won't be following you as I'll be doing a little scenery exploration to pass the time. When you're ready for me, just think of my name with the intent of you calling me. I'll teleport to where you are, and since I didn't follow you I wouldn't be able to tell where the route to your secret base is."

Red blinked, with her lips stretching into a small grin. "Yeah, that could work..."

Sasha, who was still holding my hand squeezed it. "I'll be waiting for you."

'Cute kid.' I thought and ruffled her hair. "I'll be there when you think of me."

Owen raised a brow. "Um, Sasha... Perhaps are you—"

"Owen…" A sweet voice that sounded like it came out from an artic and promised violence, said.

"Yes..."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Yes, ma'am."

⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎

After a final wave to Sasha and the others, I sighed and began sauntering in a random position. The sound of footsteps following me from being wasn't a surprise since I had already dropped the barrier.

'Seriously, not even a minute has passed and I'm about to get robbed. You dropped me in an interesting place, [Omnipotence].'

My shadow writhed and my eyes tainted a piercing blue.

'I suppose I can use the subjects to test my skills...'

Abruptly whirling, I said. "So, gents and ladies how can I be of service to you?"

"How about relieving any valuable for a first."

"Heh, I can assure you… That would be a bad idea."

⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎⸎

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

For Ekko, the pain of loss had never been the same. The hurt never diminishes no matter what he tries to do to distract himself from the heart-wrenching pain.

Sitting with your fellow friends, friends who were willing to follow your lead no matter what. Friends who could… Would end up dead in a mission that you lead them to.

It's been 2 days since Alicia's death and it still hurts all the same.

No, what hurt even more was the one who had killed her.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

"Hey, Ekko. Check out my newest invention, I'm sure I can beat you this time around."

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

The beautiful memories, Ekko had with the blue-haired girl he had always had a secret crush on felt like a lifetime ago.

Once, there was Powder; the bright-eyed ball of excitement who would always brighten up his days back when he was apprenticing at Benson's shop.

Those days were simple; Vi being the area honcho, with him and Powder always secretly trying to mimic her moves... And failing.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

"Hahahahaha… You laugh at my punch and yours isn't any better. Mylo punches better than you.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

Ekko chuckled at the fond memory—before it turned into a painful grimace.

'She's changed... She now works for Silco. She isn't Powder, anymore. She's Jinx. And she's the one killing my friends. You've got to take her down… Don't falter. Do it for your family. Do it for the Fire Lights.'

Time and time again, this mantra would always surface as a mortal reminder.

A curse he would forever have to live with.

Sighing, Ekko picked up his screwdriver ready to immerse himself in his tinkering, when the sound of commotion from outside drew his attention.

Setting the circuit he had been working on the table, Ekko stood up and ambled for the door.

From the sounds, Ekko figured whatever was happening wasn't something bad. But then again, he couldn't think of anything significant that was happening today.

"It's probably just them playing around… On the other hand, I sure could use the distraction."

Opening the door, Ekko came out from his room on the upper floor of the treehouse to see a—"Ok, what the hell is that?!"

Situated at the base of the tree was a whirling dark... It's a portal-like thing. Ekko needed no one to tell him that what he was seeing was magical, and he didn't want to get involved with that.

Just as he was about to go get his things (in case things got dicey). Ruggles, his Chirean friend called out to him.

"Ekko, it's ok. No need to get so worked up."

With a look of utter bafflement, Ekko said. "Are you kidding me? What about that is ok?"

"It's an arcane user, Sasha, and the kids met in the streets. He just so happened to find himself in Zaun and wants to help us with our money problems –no small thanks to Mia. Anyways, He ain't such a bad guy."

Sighing, Ekko watched as a dark-skinned boy in dreadlocks dressed in an ornate topsider's attire walked through the portal.

Rubbing a hand across his face, Ekko said. "If you say so, Ruggs."

Ekko just wanted to distract himself from the past pain and haunting memories, but the world decided to go all plus ultra on him.

"Never a dull moment in Zaun."

Last edited:
"Owen…" A sweet voice that sounded like it came out from an artic and promised violence, said.

"Yes..."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Yes, mam."

Ma'am*

Also this doesn't seem to be a LOL/DXD ccrossover. Or are DXD characters going to show up later?

Well.....its great but do tone down the mentioning of ROB ,its kinda bring me out of it . ....Or not ,you do you .

I need more!!! I love it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back