• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
I greatly enjoyed the story. Wonderful setpiece battles in which the characters had to get through the known defenses of their opponents with creative methods. I found it interesting that all Aeromancies in this story had a major defensive component. I guess that fits best with the focus on assassinations. The Crusade world and their different way of fighting was a delight. I wonder how they would have done on Earth with no leviathans underneath them. Electra going from a misbehaved kid to the most moral character was an interesting development.

I am looking forward to your next writing in this setting (and will find time to read the gladiator story at some point). I wonder what would be next. An inside look from a demon worshipping cult that makes them actually look sympathetic? A story of Marcus's grandpa and how he got so feared? A liege having to keep their vassals in line like the most frustrating game of Crusader Kings? The Geomancy Division is just as disfunctional as the Hydromancy Division and it is great fun. They still manage to get stuff done, which is a very satisfying dynamic.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I found it interesting that all Aeromancies in this story had a major defensive component.
Almost anything can be used defensively, but the Talmonts were, specifically, very hard to kill. They were, in turn, countered by the mind control of their liege lords.

I wonder how they would have done on Earth with no leviathans underneath them.
Very badly. They'd be pretty darn good at ring out sports fighting like Sumo, though.

Electra going from a misbehaved kid to the most moral character was an interesting development.
Even as a kid, Electra has a strong sense of not putting up with bullshit. She was always willful, but I don't know if I would characterize her as 'misbehaving.' She was the fourth kid and was pretty much ignored, and made friends with people like Sanson instead of stuffy nobles.

I am looking forward to your next writing in this setting (and will find time to read the gladiator story at some point). I wonder what would be next.
I don't know. There is always Mole and Polyhistor, and all the non canon Popcorn stuff, but I don't have any plans at this point. I am unlikely to return to these specific characters.

A liege having to keep their vassals in line like the most frustrating game of Crusader Kings?
That is not an inaccurate description.

The Geomancy Division is just as disfunctional as the Hydromancy Division and it is great fun. They still manage to get stuff done, which is a very satisfying dynamic.
Yes. For all that the divisions are inefficient and horrible at times, the brutal calculus of the world ensures that they are COMPETENT. All three divisions are messed up in their own way, but they do manage to accomplish the goals of the league and keep the world safe from the many potential harms. If they couldn't 'get stuff done' then they would have been crushed by versions that could.

Very badly. They'd be pretty darn good at ring out sports fighting like Sumo, though.
Does that mean there was no risk of them ever evading Earth and the whole Crusade was just for loot and renown? Imagine losing your children to such a mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back