1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

To those who are currently writing a story right now, why did you start writing that story?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirBearington, Sep 6, 2021.

1. SirBearington

SirBearington Having a spiffing good time.

I'll go first. I started writing my current story cause I got frustrated about a trailer? Funny thing was I've been thinking about this story idea for a while and then came along a trailer about a show that would explore the very city I was setting things on and how it would also explore the characters I was going to write about. I got mad and happy cause on one hand I had more lore, but on the other hand i had more lore to deal with so I told and friend who said I should just write it down. Long story short, I went on a writing spree and here were are now. 60k deep in a plot bunny hole that kept digging itself deeper

Amazon Climber and razer666L like this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Tanuki is trying to get back into writing and past blocks of tanukinium.

Tanuki are... Not very successful

FTR2017, Merlin, DeAnno and 4 others like this.
  3. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

4. razer666L

razer666L Reaper Primal Avatar

To let out some bottled up creativity, ideas, plot bunnies etc. That, and boredom too.

5. Thousand Monkeys

Thousand Monkeys Getting sticky.

1. Bordom
    2. To see if I can do it
    It remains to be seen if i can get past the outline stage though.

6. ChaosCircle

ChaosCircle Embrace Chaos as your Lord and Saviour

Burned out on video games.

Amazon Climber and SirBearington like this.
  7. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Because I put my pen where my mouth is and because I think I can do better.

FTR2017, Merlin, f0Ri5 and 2 others like this.
  8. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Because I'm horny, have plot bunnies, and nobody else has written it to my satisfaction.

I think Disciples counts as a form of worship, too. With any luck, she exists, has noticed, and will take me when I'm done here.

Amazon Climber and SirBearington like this.
  9. Ilikebob

Ilikebob Stuck in a jar

Started writing because of an assignment but then realized that I like writing.

Now I have several stuff pre-written and ready to be released.

SirBearington and Amazon Climber like this.
  10. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

This. Be the change you want to see in the world, and the change I want to see is more smut and more OCs who aren’t trying to break the setting over their knee.

SirBearington likes this.
  11. TheMadmanAndre

TheMadmanAndre Getting sticky.

I've never talked about this before, but this seems like the thread for it.

So, maybe you've read a cute Worm fanfic called With Friends Like These, where Taylor's alt power turned the Endbringers into cute Chibibringers and lets her control them?

I got this idea for that story years ago, when I was reading another fanfic that gave Taylor the powers of Slenderman, Manager by Seraviel I think. Avoiding spoilers, but she gained a power that allowed her to spawn a small, miniature dragon to control. Around the same time, someone posted an omake where Taylor suborns the Leviathan. And then, as such things are want to do, a magical thought happened. What if Taylor could miniaturize the Endbringers like that?

A day or two later, I slammed out a few thousand words that was more or less the first few chapters of that story.

12. System-Turn-A

System-Turn-A Dumbledore did nothing wrong

To put it in melodramatic terms; Because I saw something no one else could see, and understood that I was the only one who could make it a reality.

So, y'know, more or less just this:
    And hey, if nothing else, I can at least say that my near-obsessive devotion to my story has made a positive impact on me. I mean, shit, I learned how to draw pretty okay thanks to it!

13. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

I had to do it because the quest voting result didn't work like I wanted. Even then it's a slow build up because I procrastinate.

System-Turn-A and SirBearington like this.
  14. Potato and Chip

Potato and Chip I trust you know where the happy button is?

I started writing the story I'm currently working on because a couple months ago I decided to revisit a setting I've loved since I was a teenager in order to write a story set in it, but as I read more and more of the lore I came to the realization that a lot of fundamental truths of the setting are just told to us but never actually shown or are even out right contradicted. Other things about the setting bothered me too, with arbitrary rules keeping the status quo along with a couple not so great takes and lore born from the 90's. Then there's the fact that as I read more and more of the lore I realized that the setting I loved so much was a lot like a darker version of the average comic book setting, just without super heroes to deal with all the aliens, magic and super science.

So now I'm writing a story that deals with all those implications.

System-Turn-A likes this.
  15. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

Need to Vent + Escapism = Usually results in Dark Fantasy, characters in hopeless situations doing much worse to other characters to hopefully escape the situation, kill those they blame, die, or all three.

These stories tend to be very short and end with everyone dead.

System-Turn-A likes this.
  16. Elysia565

Elysia565 Chilling

Frustated seeing so many good fics that scratch my itch already being abandoned by the time I found it.

17. Sharkfighter

Sharkfighter The man who sold the world

18. ThatOneGuy69

ThatOneGuy69 Know what you're doing yet?

My favorite fic is taking ages to update, so I decide to do it myself.

Also curiosity.

19. NameOrdane

NameOrdane Lurker: The Socially Awkward

Had a couple of ideas for years now. Nothing really matching them. An angst Botw fic and a double oc si Naruto fic with clashing tropes.

Ragura likes this.
  20. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Versed in the lewd.

To amuse myself

Ragura likes this.
  21. Lorenz112

Lorenz112 Guest

People pay me for it.

Ragura and Ilikebob like this.
  22. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

I wanted to write a story about teenagers, but make the adults something other than cardboard villains or cardboard incompetents.

Ragura, Ilikebob and System-Turn-A like this.
  23. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

I wanted to write scenes where my boss gets k***** in amusing ways.

Ragura likes this.
  24. UnknownGIND

UnknownGIND Actual plot and World-building enthusiast

I write two stories and both of those are written for different reason.

1. LoK & Dark Souls III Cinders (Abandoned)

- Bottled up ideas & imaginations.
    - Nobody make the story for me to let out my boredom, so I make my own.

2. Danmachi & Modded Terraria (On Hiatus because I was too focused on my homeworks and school exams, ended up losing the drive to continue it)

- Someone make it and I can't read it past the first chapter because it's almost unreadable.
    - All good Terraria fanfics that I liked have a very inconsistent updates, so I got bored and tried to write ones.

I never updated both stories for a year because of massive loss of interest in writing and the lack of knowledges of the subjects that I'm writing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Amazon Climber likes this.
  25. Radiant Knight

Radiant Knight Phoenix Fire

Because none of the stories in the genre/setting/style I could find did what I wanted to read about, let alone well.

FTR2017, Ragura, Nerx and 3 others like this.
  26. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

I just enjoy creating world's and stories I want to play with magic make monster's and hero's and interesting villain's and sexy women's who swing swords.

Ilikebob, Ragura and Amazon Climber like this.
  27. killgore444

killgore444 Versed in the lewd.

As a lark.

28. Nerx

Nerx HOORNGH!

I like this approach tbh, be the change you want to see

29. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

To be honest, I've always been troubled with my... abundance of creativity with few avenues to display it. My current fic that I'm writing is, in essence, due to how a setting (GATE) is so underutilized and used as a simple nationalist soapbox and an old AH.com ASB idea...

... so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I get to write something with both and gauge how people would like the alternate history setting.

Although, after the current chapter, I'm thinking of putting it on the back burner to work on other things. Likely an RWBY fic because it's another underutilized setting, and perhaps with my 'CnC Tiberium/Generals Fusion/Remake' idea... or Starcraft since I'm on a Starcraft binge as of late.

Another idea would be a 'Transhuman Traveller' setting... but that would be an undertaking.