1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trainer's PC (Snippet Thread)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by OriginTrainer, Nov 29, 2022.

1. OriginTrainer

OriginTrainer Catching them all is hard work, right?

The Trainer's PC is an ongoing collection of snippets, what-if's, stories and quests. It mainly has content in the monster catching/training genre such as Pokémon and Telefang, but newer works may include original settings by the author.

Current List:
    Pocket Monsters: Transcendence(Pokémon)

Pokemon: Shinobi Squad(Pokémon)

Ben 10: Worlds Collide (Ben 10/Pokémon)

My Little Pony: Dawn of the Half-blood (MLP)

Warriors of the Spirit (Pokémon)

Pocket Monsters: The RPG (Pokémon)

Pokémon GX: Kris' Journey (Pokémon)

Phone Beasts: Pursuit of Power (Keitai Denjū Telefang)

Animon Story: Shonen Legends (Pokemon/Anime Crossovers)

Crossposted to both SB and SV and AO3

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  2. Threadmarks: My Little Pony: Dawn of the Half-blood
    OriginTrainer

Chapter One

The location was a bar on the streets of Manehattan, and the time was evening.

"Varshinder! More spishial stuuuuff! Trikshie needs ta drawn her… sparrows, dat's it.- in lee!" A certain unicorn mare slurred with bloodshot eyes half-closed.

"Miss unicorn, you've had one drink too many. I think it's enough. You're also broke as buck. Drag yourself outta here; don't you have somewhere to be tomorrow?" The bartender, who was a dark brown unicorn stallion with a black mane and a mug of beer as his Cutie Mark asked as politely as he could. He was trying to hide his annoyance.

"I-I-I don't! Fhurst Trikshie git trashhhed by sum nooobbody ina ponyville, den Trikshie git m-mugged on da way h-here! Trikshie looost, bruke and h-humeless!" Trixie sobbed, snorting loudly as she did so.

"Oh, brother. Pick yourself up and get away from the counter!" The bartender growled with his horn shining dangerously yellow with magic.

Right before he could throw the drunk, broke and apparently homeless mare with his magic, he noticed a buff stallion glaring at him with dangerous red eyes. He had a light brown coat with a black mane and tail with red highlights. What was the scariest part about him was not the amount of nicks and scratches all over him, but his cutie mark; a crimson red dragon head that looked as if it was ready to sprout from the Earth Pony, develop a body and swallow him whole.

"What's wrong with her?" The stallion asked gruffly, his voice deep but also with a high air to it.

"She's just some unicorn that came here with a sack of bits to spend on RB. Thought she was just here for a few, but she's been here for six buckin' hours, and I'm really starting to get annoyed." The bartender breezed, a bit wary of the other stallion.
    For a few seconds, he thought he was the mare's coltfriend, but a better look at the pony banished the thought.

The weird stallion stared at Trixie for a while, and then decided to drop a sack of bits on the counter. They weren't really that much, but at this point the bartender was just happy to have business moving on.

"What's RB?" The stallion asked, taking a quick side glance at Trixie, whose sobs had become sniffles as she shuffled slowly away.

"Ah, a stranger to Manehattan's bars, I see. RB means the Rainboom. It's the strongest cocktail that's ever graced Equestria in my humble opinion. Not illegal, but still frowned upon. Words of advice; you gotta sip it gradually in order to still retain your dignity. "

"So she took how many to get wasted like that?"

"Quite a lot, actually. So much that I actually lost count. She's gonna feel like she got crushed by a slab of gems and then squeezed out of a tube in the morning. I know because it happens to me sometimes. You want one?"

"Yeah, just to check out how it tastes."

"The first one's always on the house. You can have your bits back." The bartender informed, levitating the small purse-sack of coins to its owner, who nodded in gratitude.

The bartender wasted no time in preparing the drink; the steps had become muscle memory to him. The end result was a cocktail which had what could only be described as a rainbow in a bowl. The colors strangely retained their individuality, even when the bartender swirled the bowl around. He said something about the ingredients being infused with a mix of alcohol and magic.

"Damn… This stuff's pretty good…" The stallion said after taking a good long draught of the bowl, downing it at a go.

The bartender was shocked that he was still standing after that, but was even more shocked when he dropped a few bits for a tip and walked away, totally fine.

Ha! That drink's good, but it's a joke compared to the good ol' brewer's stuff. One shot could set you up for an entire day! THAT was good stuff. The stallion thought, shoving through the slightly sparse crowd.

He was surprised to find the blue unicorn mare from before cantering towards him before sliding behind him to hide.

"H-h-help Trikshie…" She whimpered, looking up at the cold eyes with tears in her own pair.

Something about her utterly pathetic situation softened the Earth Pony's glare, and he turned around to see what she was running from.

"Hey! You know that mare?! I was talking to her!" A unicorn stallion with a yellow coat, orange mane and a broken pane of glass for a cutie mark growled as he approached.

"Well, not exactly, but I think you should calm down a bit before you start something, bud." The stallion with the dragon head cutie mark retorted after noticing the slight slur to the enraged unicorn's voice.

"Hey, hero! You better gallop back home before I deal damage you can't walk away from!" The same unicorn stallion threatened, to which the stallion protecting Trixie smirked.

These dumbasses have no idea what I am… The stallion thought to himself, helping Trixie up and turning shoving her in the direction of the door.

"Looks like we've got a fighter, eh? Colts! Let's show our guest how we deal with heroes…" The unicorn stallion said, earning a grunt of agreement from five other stallions in the bar who got close and sort of surrounded the stallion as much as possible in the bar that was quickly starting to clear out as they were starting to realize a fight(or more accurately a beating) was about to take place.

"So... Why don't we just take this outside and talk it out like normal ponies? Unless you need to jump me right now?" The earth pony suggested, trying to deescalate, but the mocking smirk on his face with that last sentence was the final straw for his foe.

The leader of the group used his magic to hold the stallion in place while the rest of the gang, who were comprised of a unicorn, a Pegasus and three Earth ponies, moved in to bludgeon the red eyed stallion to death or something close. By this time only a few ponies were left in the bar; the ones unconcerned about violence, the ones too shitfaced to care and the ones that were waiting for some entertainment.

They all gasped in surprise as the Earth pony shrugged through the magic that was holding him, causing it to collapse in on itself. He charged at the unicorn, who was so surprised that he didn't have any chance to defend himself, before turning around to buck him straight in the jaw, effectively sending him flying into the wall, out cold for the moment. An Earth pony stallion bucked his flank, earning just slight redness around the area and a grunt of pain. His return for the action was a headbutt in the face followed by a hoof to the side of the head, staggering him instantly.

The light brown stallion did a backflip to dodge a buck from two of the remaining four ponies fighting him. He growled as a magical blast from the unicorn seared his side as he jumped out of the way, and returned the favor with a leaping double hoof punch. He was about to reach said unicorn's wide-eyed face, but received a hoof to the side of his head, knocking him out of the air and into a glass table, smashing it to smithereens and adding several new cuts to the stallion's body.

The bruised stallion stood up to glare at the Pegasus that had punched him, and then muttered something under his breath. The Pegasus went in for a hit alongside the two Earth ponies, but was repelled when the stallion reared up and stamped his front hooves on the ground, producing a red shockwave that threw everyone close away.

"B-but you have no horn… How can you use magic?" A bloody faced unicorn asked, clearly the one who had started all this.

"That's for me to know, and you to feel." The stallion answered, dodging a beam from the other unicorn before blasting him away with a fireball from his mouth.

While the unicorn rolled on the ground madly to put out the flames, the stallion with the dragon head cutie mark burst into flames before breaking through a wall and escaping into the night.

The bartender had tried his best to understand what he had just seen; right before the stallion burst into flame, he could've sworn the dragon head cutie mark roared. He dismissed it as his imagination and went to work, trying to help anyone that was injured as well as not-so-discretely call for his own colts to make sure that the unicorn who started the altercation paid for all the damages as he was pretty sure there was no way he was going to be able to force the probably long gone stallion to do the same.

Meanwhile, said earth pony stallion made his way to the back of the building, where he saw the blue unicorn from before sobbing. He briskly turned around to walk away, but then she saw him.

"Y-you shaved Trikshie…" She stammered through her tears.

Don't get involved, don't get involved- screw it, I'll get involved. Not like anything worse can happen. The stallion resolved, walking over to the mare and sitting down on his thankfully uninjured hindquarters.

"Here, have these bits. Use them to get a place to sleep for the night. Do not go back for more drinks. Do you understand?" He ordered, giving Trixie some of the coins used as currency in Equestria.

When she nodded, although slowly, he stood up and trotted away, feeling quite accomplished. His conscience, however, screamed at him to stop and make sure she got somewhere safe. He finally relented and turned around. What he saw made him facehoof.

'Trikshie' was shuffling herself back towards the bar.

"You have got to be kidding with me!" The black stallion snarled before cantering back to the drunk unicorn and hoisting her lengthwise onto his back. Some of his newly acquired injuries hurt, but he knew he had been through way worse, so he sucked it up and walked into the night.

3. Threadmarks: Ben 10: Worlds Collide (Ben 10/Pokemon)
    OriginTrainer

Chapter One

I woke up groggily on my bed in one of Viridian City's few trainer-oriented hostels. My cousin was probably up and in the bathroom; some garbage about getting to use it before I contaminated it. Being true to her stupid morning routine, I heard humming from the bathroom. Confirming this, I was pretty sure that I had at least ten to twelve minutes left of sleep. I really tried to tolerate my cousin since we got on our 'journey', but by Arceus it was It's almost like the Legendaries wanted me to hate her. Not like I would complain, anyway. I yawned again; being a twelve-year old took a lot out of you.

Unless you were Gwen.

I had barely passed the point between awake and asleep when my nose twitched as the bathroom door slid open. The piercing aroma that nearly put a needle through my nose was Roselia Aromatherapy; Gwen's favorite body lotion. I call it an offense to nature, but she says my opinions on stuff like it are 'invalid cause even my nose is tone-deaf', or some Trubbish like that.

I decided to tune out the sounds and smells of life around me and try and pass off as too sleepy to be disturbed.

Bad move on my part.

"Get up, Snorlax!" A disturbingly familiar female voice yelled into my left ear.

"The actual heck! What is wrong with you, Giratina Spawn?!" I yelled back despite the fact that I was virtually deaf in that ear.

I had nearly jumped up to the ceiling in my imagination, but in reality, I had only sat up on the bed, knocking heads with my redhead cousin.

"OwowowowOW!" she shrieked, clutching her head.

"Ha! Looks like the egghead's finally cracked!" I mocked, trying not to focus on the throbbing pain in my forehead.

"You dumb Slowpoke! I swear, if I have a bump on my head..." She growled, marching over to the bathroom mirror.

I was sadly too awake to go back to sleep, so I stood up and stretched, yawning as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

As I approached the bathroom door, a hand stuck out from the door, stopping me.

"I'm still in here, perv." Gwen's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Gross. Not if you were the last girl on Earth!" I countered, slapping the hand away.

Despite her screaming protests, I barged in and took possession of the sink, pushing her aside. I really didn't see any reason for her last comment; she was in her normal travel clothes; sky-blue short-sleeved T-shirt with an admittedly cute Skitty face on it, a pair of brown shorts and a pair of white sneakers. She did have a denim jacket somewhere, but it wasn't on her at the moment.

I probably should have respected her wishes, because the dweeb had moved on to the most threatening thing she could do to me...

"Bunbun!"

The name made me break into a sweat. I turned around to see Gwen grinning like a mad Gengar behind a...

...Buneary.

"Now, now, cousin, let's not be hasty..." I pleaded, backing up.

"Eenope. You asked for it... Cousin." Gwen retorted with a grin.

Somebody might be wondering why I didn't just whip out a Pokéball and counter her; one, all my stuff was in my bag, and two, I didn't have a Pokémon.

Yep. You heard right again; I didn't have a Pokémon. I had to go by on my cousin's license since I hadn't caught one. I didn't have a chance to catch one since my downright evil cousin didn't want to lose the one advantage she had over me; she traveled a lot between Viridian and Pallet ever since she got Bunbun from her mother and I couldn't force her to slow down so I could go try my luck. If she left me, I would be an easy target for wild Pokémon.

Which was why I was completely defenceless.

"Get'm girl!"

A rolled-up ear shot out like a particularly soft bullet, nailing me in the chest and knocking me on my butt.

I groaned, rubbing my behind my checkered PJs.

"Serves you right, dufus." Gwen snickered, turning around after returning her equally mischievious Buneary, who I could have sworn on my aching chest was snickering as well before she was returned.

"Now get on with it; I'm not that willing to leave you behind." She ordered, to who I quickly scrambled out.

Sure, we had our differences, but at least we weren't out to kill or actually injure each other. This was what made me crack a little grin when Gwen popped her head of hair in and said a few choice words before I closed the door.

"Sorry but not sorry."

A while later, I was in my travel clothes; a grey, short-sleeved T-shirt with a pair of denim trousers, a black, currently useless Pokébelt and a pair of black baseball boots. My sleek, brown oval-shaped backpack with a few compartments here and there and a handful of Container Balls was slung over my back, and I was out and about in the less-than-busy streets of Viridian City.

"Come on, Ben! Bunbun and I are gonna get some actual food!" Gwen taunted, pointing at the Ragecandy energy bar in my hand.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want now, but when you're broke as a Meowth without its coin, you're gonna be begging for these!" I countered, taking another bite of the vitamin-packed chocolate.

Making a face at me, Gwen sent out her snuggly little devil and walked off towards a café, cradling Bunbun in her arms.

I knew she was going to take long, and I would actually be free before she came back out, so I gathered some courage, downed the rest of my energy bar, and took off on a light jog back towards Pallet; I was going to try and catch a Pokémon.

This was gonna be easy!

"This is sooooo HARD!" I growled, probably scaring away even more Pokémon and maybe even alerting an aggressive one to my presence. Great.

Turning around and squinting at the morning sun- it was somewhere around nine o'clock-, I stood up from my crouching position and decided to just walk around randomly.

Suddenly, I heard rustling behind me. Turning around swiftly, I shakily aimed a Pokèball. Out of the grass...

...Came a... Buneary?

"Mud Slap, Bunbun!" An eerily familiar female voice ordered.

Before I could even think of dodging, mud was flung into my face.

"What in the name of Arceus is wrong with you!" I spat, actually taking a few seconds to spit mud out of my mouth.

"Woops, sorry Ben. Thought you were a wild Pokémon, Ben. You do look the part." Gwen mocked, giggling a bit.

I wiped the last of the mud from my face as best as I was able and glared at the two. I took a bit more time and thought back to how many times Gwen had foiled my plans to catch a wild Pokémon. A few days back and this rounded it up to six times.

This girl was really out to get me, wasn't she?

"Um, Earth to dweeb?" Gwen said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Ugh, what is it, dufus?" I snapped, glaring hard.

"You coming or not?" She sang, turning around to head back with a hand on Bunbun's ball.

Getting the message, I let my obnoxious cousin lead me back to Viridian city where I washed off my face before continuing on our 'journey', which at this point was basically following Gwen around while she did some training with Bunbun as well as a continuous round of traveling between here in Viridian and home in Pallet, sometimes. To be fair, Bunbun does listen to me if it's about training and battling, but anything else? Nah. I admit, I was a bit impressed when Bunbun finally got Quick Attack down, but the mischievous bunny had a shine in her eyes that made me shiver.

Getting a bit frustrated and also knowing that it was now too late for Gwen to travel back to Pallet, I retired back to the room at somewhere around six to get a head start on sleeping.

4. Threadmarks: Pocket Monsters: Transcendence
    OriginTrainer

LIVE.

I gasped as I floated along in the surrounding liquid, wondering where I was. I tried to remember how I got here, but it slipped away from me. Soon after, I forgot what I was even thinking about in the first place...

LIVE.

I gasped as I floated along in the surrounding liquid, wondering where I was- wait a second... Haven't I done this before? I have to remember, but it's all just... Fading away...

LIVE.

I gasped as I floated along in the surrounding liquid, and I immediately began to struggle, trying to feel everything about me in order to find out where and what I was. I could feel the forgetfulness coming, but I had to find out; I don't even know what's happening...

I moved around in the darkness, trying to see, hear, anything! I could feel some shifting, and dozens of names for what I think I had popped into my head, moments before... What was I thinking about again? I'm sleepy...

LIVE, REMEMBER, AND LIVE...

I gasped as I floated along in the surrounding liquid, and I began to trash around. I know I should have a...

The Flesh... The Body...

Yeah, a body! A body like mine should have limbs and a head and organs and stuff, right?

The Body... Remember The Body... Remember the Children...

All at once, I remember hundreds of bodies in all shapes and sizes, some held some degree of... Emotion-Fondness Of My Children- for me although I didn't exactly know why, but a select few made me... Angry.

The False Gods... Children of Their Mother, twisted...

I shook myself-or whatever counted for self at this point- and tried to remember which of these amazing bodies I had. One drew me closer; so many shining lights in one body, she looked down upon me with brilliant blue eyes, smiling to my mind; a sad smile, as she flicked her pink tail.

The Mother Of All... Except the Fallen.

I had this deep feeling of longing, trying my hardest to look like the wonderful creature in my memories, but I could only grasp at wisps of her form. She shed tears for me as I Fell, shapeless and formless into the void...

LIVE, BREATHE, AND CHANGE. LIVE, FIGHT AND CONSUME THE GIFTS OF THE TRUE CHILDREN. FEAST UPON THEM AND REMEMBER, FOR THE MOTHER LOOKS AFTER ALL CHILDREN, GUIDING THEM AS THEY PLAY.

I kept falling, and I realized that I had not lost all of her. I strained as the fog seemed to weigh me down, but I did not care, Mother would see me shine. For I remembered what I am...

LIVE, FALLEN CHILD. LIVE AMONGST THE TRUE CHILDREN AND THEIR RULERS. REMEMBER WHAT COMES BEFORE, WIELD THE WEAPONS OF WAR THE MOTHER HAS GIVEN ALL TO PLAY THE ART OF BATTLE WITH.

BE EVERYONE AND EVEYTHING, FOR AS THE FALLEN CHILD WAS NEVER BORN, AND THUS NEVER GIVEN BODY, IT IS THEIR RIGHT TO TAKE IT.

REACH FOR THE PINNACLE OF CREATION, FOR THERE THE MOTHER AND ALL-FATHER AWAIT. THEY WAIT FOR ANY WHO PROVE TO THEM THAT THEY ARE WORTHY OF THE ARMS USED TO SHAPE THE WORLD...

I gasped as as I floated along in the surrounding liquid, knowing exactly what to do. I did not know how much time had passed, and I did not care, for I had one aim as I pushed against everything around me, tearing them all to shreds as uncountable claws, talons, paws and others of all shapes, burst free of my being. I ignored the sounds of yelling and the vibrations and heat around me, for the memories gave me what I needed.

As I flowed like water and burst through an obstacle with my sheer mass, I kept one thing with me that no matter how many times I may be pulled down by the fog, will remain;

I am the Shapeless, Fallen Child, and an Artificial God. I will reach up with the gifts The Mother has given me...

And I will play The Game with joy.

For I am a failure... A number...

... A Ditto.

5. Threadmarks: Pokemon: Shinobi Squad
    OriginTrainer

A/N: See, there are these two Ninja Boys in Hoenn that showcased a form of jutsu; one named Chihiro was about to use a ninjutsu called Volcanic Ash Swirl Cloak before he realized that he had lost the battle against the player, while the other, who was unnamed executed an unnamed jutsu in which he caused the sand up to three tiles in front of him to shift as if blown.
    That sparked an idea about a great Naruto X Pokemon crossover that I had in my head, and to be frank, this would have been the first chapter of this, but i decided to stick to one world for this one and try the other later. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually watch enough Naruto to actually know what I'd be writing apart from "Rasengan? Yes."

Chapter One
    "Korei, let's go! We were supposed to train early today!" Chihiro called, his Nincada droning in agreement.

The Ninja Boy adjusted his red wool scarf and returned his Pokémon to its Net Ball before aiming and throwing a Smoke Ball into the hollow of the tree, just above the lowest branches. A yelp was heard as smoke exploded outwards, just as another boy jumped out as well, landing in front of his teammate in a crouch and kicking up leaves with his landing.

He was clothed in normal Ninja Boy attire, but his pale skin and silver hair made him stand out, more so than the purple scarf that suspiciously moved even in the absence of wind. Well, that would be what he looked like, if he didn't have a layer of soot on him.

"Damnit, Chihiro! What...was that for, huh?!" The pre-teen groaned with a yawn and bleary eyes from both the smoke and his obvious interrupted sleep.

His answer was a smack on the back of the head which jolted him to full alertness, but also stung like crazy. Korei mourned the loss of the bliss that was sleep while he also planned to get back at his friend and teammate later.

"You're late to the Battle Test, idiot, and now, so am I. She's gonna give us the Look, ya know." Chihiro informed, already warming up with a few stretches as he talked, his blue 'medicated goggles' as he called them, hiding the slight fear in his eyes.

"WHAT?!" Korei screeched, scrambling back up and the tree and down again in a matter of seconds, getting his pouches and balls attached safely to his suddenly soot-free form.

"Alright! Race you, Slowpoke!" Korei yelled, taking off into a mad sprint through the forest to the Training Grounds, the clearing where 'distinguished' students of Hoenn's Hidden Village in the Forest trained.

The grounds were apparently Celebi-blessed, which meant certain things; the land, for lack of a better term, regenerated. The attacks of both Pokémon and Ninjas were easily fixed over a relatively short period of time. Also, they were enveloped in a Secret Power Pocket, which made the visibly small clearing in the forests around Fortree bigger.

Thus, when Korei's eyes flashed green and he leapt to the side to avoid a Hawlucha utterly decimating the ground beside him with Dynamicpunch, the other students there didn't cast so much as a glance, hard at their own spars and such.

One such kunoichi was sparring with her sister but as she parried a strike of the Shiny Kirlia's Psycho Cut blades with one of her own, she stiffened and she turned on a dime, her blue eyes narrowing at her two late teammates.

"H-Hikari! Hey!" Korei squeaked, bowing forwards into a crouch as the Hawlucha swung its claw again, barely missing the kid, before locking eyes with his master and leaping away.

Chihiro arrived a few seconds later, and was also subjected to the stare that the newly named Hikari was giving the two.

Before she could yell at the two about how late they were, the owner of the Hawlucha that had nearly flattened Korei dropped right in front of the two with two wooden kendo 'blades' in his grasp. His blood red eyes held amusement in them and for a second they relaxed, but then they remembered that he was holding 'blades' and that they were two late members of Team 7, led by the man in front of them, Yoshiro Arashi, the Righteous Storm. Who, simply put,  breathed discipline.

"Where were you two?" He asked calmly while rubbing the two wooden tonfa together.

Chihiro was a highly observant fellow, and he could pick up the use of the Hone Claws Technique, making him swallow with apprehension. Korei, however, wasn't that worried, and decided to tell the unadulterated truth.

"I was awake already, but it took so long to wake Chihiro up; he slept in hard."

Wot. Chihiro thought, eyes nearly bugging out of their sockets with the blatant lie.

"I see... Well then." Team Sensei Arashi voiced, before turning around and walking towards a free arena, where two students and their Pokémon had recently sparred, leaving the ground torn up as it slowly knit itself back together.

"Since Chihiro apparently slept in, I would imagine that he's still a bit groggy. Sit this one out, okay?" Arashi said, motioning with one hand for the aforementioned tween to stand on the sidelines beside his teammate.

Korei's eyes nearly bugged out at the turnaround, but nonetheless, he took on his rendition of the academy stance; legs spread out, knees bent, leaning forwards slightly and arms ready to support his first bound. Arashi discarded the wooden tonfa to the side and grabbed his chosen weapon, a ninjato.

Yoshirō opened by leaping to the side while releasing his Scyther. The two landed in sync and began dashing imperceptibly around the arena, the only thing that showed that they were there was the ground caving in. This use of Extremespeed didn't deter Korei though.

Suddenly, he tensed and dodged a side swipe from both of them by jumping and then doing a corkscrew in midair.

Arashi then blocked a paw with his ninjato, slashing horizontally at his opponent, which happened to be a Riolu, which instantly used Detect to twist out of the blade's way. Shinko the Riolu leapt backwards into a roll, leaving two copies of himself that ran at Arashi, leaving his Scyther, that was dogging his brother. Arashi slashed through the Substitutes, utterly destroying the constructs, before grunting as a blue blur made a side swipe at him successfully with Metal Claw and Quick Attack.

He ignored the sting of the little claws and turned around on a dime to mule kick the Riolu in the gut, who had about a second of airtime before he crashed and rolled to a crouch in the dirt. Arashi then pulled on his connection with his Scyther, Reaper, who had scored two slight gashes on the front of Korei's clothes due to a narrowly dodged X-Scissor. The Bug/Flying type poured in energy to his human partner as both of them began to speed up, prepping an Agility.
    "C'mon!" Korei hissed at Shinko, who steadied his slightly shaky form and grimace from the hard hit before rushing in sync with his brother in all but blood, Aura funneling into their limbs and especially in their arms, the iridescent light covering it in a slight sheen.

Pouring their everything into their speed to catch up to their sensei and his own partner, who had finished their technique and were little more than twin streaks at that point, Korei and Shinko chased after the two, dodging the probing slashes and stabs that came their way from the rapidly moving duo.

Arashi and Reaper barely slowed down, not letting their two students reach them. It was as much a punishment for lateness as a stamina exercise, as their Agility boosted selves were flitting around without much effort. With snarls, the two younger ones struck the ground with their Force Palms, discharging the Aura into the ground and causing a small explosion of dust and flying debris to propel them both forward with front flips into drop kicks. Their coordinated attack was blocked by the flat of both Arashi's ninjato and Reaper's blade, but the two successfully pushed them back a bit, making it easy to use them as springboards to backflip back into the air, throwing several Swift at their faces to obscure their vision even more and distract them just enough.

Landing into a crouch, they darted like Ekans at their two respective opponents, eyes flashing with barely restrained excitement and the name of their technique screaming in their minds.

'Force Palm: Twin Impact!'

The full force of the dual hit made contact with the two, and Korei's grin widened even larger when he felt the give. That smile quickly died and was buried as there was so much give, his sensei exploded, not into blood and guts, but a Substitute that took the full force of his attack. Risking a glance at his partner, whose Scyther had done the same, he gulped as he felt the cold sleek and above all sharp steel of his sensei's ninjato against his neck. Another risky glance confirmed the same for his brother.

"Yield."

Korei smirked and then popped into a swirl of smoke alongside his brother, lacing the Substitutes with Smokescreen, obscuring the vision of their opponents, who had simply flickered to their sides, grabbing a hold of the two brothers again before slamming them to the ground. Korei attempted another Substitute, but the blade actually pricking his neck didn't let him concentrate, and he put his arms up, panting alongside his brother, who had also given up.

"It's admirable that you two didn't yield immediately and tried to get out of the situation, and your teamwork is getting better, but..." Yoshirō began, flickering back to outside the arena, which had already started filling in the indentations that he and Reaper had left.

"But what?" Korei grunted, helped up by his brother.

"... But I still think you guys can take a bit more endurance training. Well, get on with it; 10 laps around the Academy, using the Quick Attack Technique... Without stopping. That's just the warm-up, so don't give it your all, because we'll be back here whenever you're done with that to dodge me for at the very least ten minutes. If I catch you, you start again immediately. Note that I will be using my weapons to tag you." He finished, leaving a frozen Korei and Shinko staring at him, much to the amusement of his team members.

"Come on, get to it! You too, Shinko; I assume you know by now that you're a part of every exercise your brother partakes in. And Korei, drop the scarf with your teammates."

As the two dejectedly walked to where they were going to begin their near-endless sprint, they passed by their sensei, who spoke softly enough that only they could hear;

"I don't appreciate lies, Himura. Even little ones."

With a wince, the two began their runs, and Yoshirō turned back to his other two students, who had stopped snickering at their teammate's misfortune and were silent.

"Come on, you two, let's go for your Battle Tests; Korei will catch up tomorrow. It'll give him time to actually get ready."

"Yes, Sensei!" Chihiro and Hikari chorused, sprinting after their sensei, who had disappeared into another part of the forest.

(-o-)

(-o-)

Later that day, around 6pm, the three teammates found themselves sitting in Chihiro's Secret Base, enjoying some food with their Pokémon.

Korei and Shinko, however, were still a bit sore, and opted for plopping down on one of the Fluffy Mats that the strategist of their team had placed down.

"So, I told you about how I and Kokoro narrowly passed our Test, and how Chihiro as always, excelled in the mental part, before getting his butt kicked somewhat during the actual Battle part. Now, how did sensei's puni-er, training go, Korei?" Hikari asked, sitting cross-legged on a mat with her sister silently stuffing her face full of the Nanabs she loved.

"Horrible..." He groaned, propping himself up on his elbows, "It took us an hour to do that sprint, and for the most part, it was manageable, until we had to start dodging Air Cutters... After that, as soon as we arrived, that demon-sensei let us rest for just five minutes! After that, we both tried to dodge him, but it was as you know, damn near impossible! Not only did he nick me repeatedly with his ninjato and Air Cutters, he turned Shinko into a ragdoll whenever he so much as twitched in my direction to help me! There, done, thank you for the food, good night people!" The sore tween ranted, feeling weary as he recalled his tale of woe, until he collapsed on the mat with a thump, his brother already sleeping.

"Aw, poor Shinko, having to put up with such a lazy brother." Hikari cooed, letting the sleeping Riolu who shifted closer to her hand as she pointedly ignored the half-lidded eyes giving her an evil glare.

"Well then, I believe we should rest. Especially those two. The both of us may have to take on some errands tomorrow while we wait for them to take their own Battle Tests. I would advise that you spend the night here, though, Hikari. Spinarak and Nincada were by your Secret Base entrance an hour ago, and they sensed that they had put a trap there for you. I will help you disable it tommorow morning. My bases' third segment is mostly clear and nobody will be able to sneak up on you at night." Chihiro informed, before showing her the aforementioned place and bidding her goodnight.

Hikari rolled her eyes at the thought of Korei trying to prank her while she slept or... Other wierd things. Normally she'd say it would be quite impossible, but she was genuinely tired, and so was her sister, who would sense Korei long before he even thought of getting near her. That meant that she truly was going to sleep sort of defenceless against her shameless teammate's shenanigans, but if she knew one thing to trust, it was Chihiro's word.

That said, as she drifted off to sleep, she wondered why she and Kokoro felt uneasy.

6. Threadmarks: Warriors of the Spirit (Pokémon) Chapter 1
    OriginTrainer

Chapter One
    "Are we there yet?" Emily nagged.

"For the eleventh time, NO!" was Ethan's reply.

He sent a pleading look at Eric, who just stared back at him, before the 16-year old shrugged and continued trekking. Ethan was about to tell them that they were in the last few turns of the trainer-safe path through Union Cave, but his voice died in his throat when he heard a yell from Emily.

"Welp! I'm done for today! I'm camping right here!"

And with a thump, she dropped her backpack, sat on the roll she dropped from it, crossed her legs and started scrolling through her Pokèdex as if she was watching a movie. Eric made a strangled sound that could have been an irritated sigh, before turning back to get his sister, while Ethan just ignored her antics and walked on. A few minutes and turns in, he could finally see the cave exit and found himself looking at the clear, starless sky on the route to Azalea town. A glance behind him showed that Eric was catching up to them, with his sister riding on his back while his own bag hung from his front.

"Oh by the legends that was a long route! Thanks again for the boost, bro!" Emily sighed, resting her head on his shoulder before getting off him and helping the larger trainer put his gear back into place.

The trio still had some way to go, but seeing as Emily was vehemently not going to sleep in anything other than an actual bed that night and the boys wanted an actual hot meal in them, they decided to just keep going until they reached the town.

They stayed on the beaten path so as to not disturb any nocturnal Pokémon that were roaming around, and thus soon passed by the Slowpoke Well, a famous landmark for Azalea town on the edge of its boundaries. Ethan was too tired to think of catching a Slowpoke, but he still at least wanted to get a few pictures of the well to add to his digital scrapbook to send back home.

What was suspicious was that there was a member of the Azalea Night Guard well... standing guard at the well, that said that there were multiple issues that wouldn't make it okay for them to head down it and take a few peeks.

"There's a little issue with the Slowpoke, kids; check in town if you want to know more. I'm here to stop anyone from disturbing their main habitat here while others find out what to do about it." The man said, crossing his arms.

"Oh, c'mon! Please, I'm begging here. Just a little in and out? I just want to takes a couple of pictures?" Ethan begged, this close to getting on his knees.

"No means no, kid." The guard denied, beginning to glare at the 14-year old and shifting his hands into the deep pockets of his navy blue trenchcoat.

Eric, seeing as his friend was getting a bit too irritated at the guard, put a hand on his shoulder and led the fuming trainer back to the path.

"Don't worry, Ethan; you still have the Gym Challenge to look forward to. I'm pretty sure nothing's happened with that." Emily encouraged, patting her friend on the back.

"Arceusdamnit! The Gym's closed!" Ethan growled.

"... Okay, so maybe I was a little bit wrong. Well? What happened?"

They had finally made it to Azalea town, and had immediately split up; Emily wanted to make a few purchases before sleeping from the local marts, Ethan wanted to register for the Gym challenge so as to get to battling pretty much the first thing the next day, and Eric had let the two go out while he arranged for their sleepin arrangements in the trainer hostels attached to the Pokemon center.

Right now they were all in the room the siblings had gotten for themselves, reconvening before going to sleep. Ethan had his own, separate room, and the trainer had just burst into theirs.

"Okay, so I wanted to take the Gym challenge, but another member of the Night Guard was there at the entrance, and he said that I couldn't even make an appointment for a gym run because the Leader wasn't around and the other Gym trainers were all helping the Leader to try and solve their Slowpoke problem." Ethan explained with a sigh, grabbing a chair and collapsing onto it.

He was cut short from more explanations by Eric, who asked,

"Is the problem related to whatever happened to the entire population of Slowpoke? They're supposed to be everywhere in this town."

"Yeah, about the Slowpoke, THEY'RE ALL GONE! DISAPPEARED! Nobody in town has the slightest idea where they all went to. From what I got from one of the rangers stationed here, it was a few disappearances at first, easily ignored, but then more and more of them just started leaving.

This is a small town; really the only thing keeping it alive to me is Kurt and the Pokémon Gym here. Remember New Bark town? It's the same here; it just, wasn't a problem until it became one. And now this problem's setting me back on my tinetable for the conference!"

"Wait a bit; remember that very shady guy by that Pokémon centre near Union Cave? He was selling really expensive Slowpoke tails. Maybe that could mean something? I mean, maybe not, could be a coincidence though." Emily added, remembering the annoyance of how much he was selling a single tail for; he may as well should've just sold it for a million credits a piece!

"Wait, I think you're right! Let me pass this by you guys..." Ethan said, settling down to really think.

Emily and Eric shared a glance; ever since they knew Ethan, he had this amazing knack for connecting things together and making plans. Sure, sometimes he was completely wrong because of faulty data and them rushing into things hurt more times than it helped, but overall, whenever he actually settled down to think? He had great ideas.

"Okay, I know we're not the police, or the rangers, so first of all let's report this to the rangers outpost around here. If my hunch is right about the Night Guard, then we may need to do that tonight. I don't know if you guys remember, but the guy selling the tails said he worked from Azalea, right? Why would he be selling tails when there's a shortage in Slowpoke?" He mused, taking a Pokéball from his belt and tossing it repeatedly.

"Hmm... May as well be the Distortion's advocate, here. What if it's exactly what it looked like over there; some Breeder that has been raising Slowpoke from the place that has them in abundance, Azalea. Maybe he's just selling his stock now that Slowpokes are scarce? That's just good business sense, I think." Emily added.

"Okay, so maybe you're right... You know what? Let's just tell the rangers and get some food in us; I'm starving! I can't think up a good plan without something in me!" Ethan grumbled when his stomach started growling loudly.

Sometime after getting a good meal for both themselves and their Pokémon from the cafeteria also attached to the Pokémon Center, the trio returned to their shared room to feed their Pokémon.

Just then a Hoothoot released herself from her ball and landed on the shoulder of her friend and trainer, Eric.

"Fukoro really likes you, Eric. You two must have been together for a long time." Ethan complimented, taking his three Pokéballs from his belt and releasing his team.

"Yeah, she has been with us ever since she hatched a few weeks ago. Her mom, a Noctowl that liked to visit us, laid her egg one night in the homemade nest we made for her. When she hatched, the Noctowl specifically gave me her Hoothoot to raise, and Ive been with her since." Eric explained, petting the Owl Pokémon standing on his left shoulder.

As if on cue, everyone's Pokémon emerged from their balls, happy to see their trainers. Rex, Ethan's starter Totodile, gnawed lovingly at his trainers left leg, which hurt a bit, but Ethan let the Big Jaw Pokémon do it anyway. Emily's Jigglypuff -she still hadn't decided on a name that Jigglypuff liked- started bouncing about singing a happy tune -not one that would make everyone fall asleep- while Komori, Eric's Zubat, flew to his trainer with little squeaks and clicks, since he couldn't physically see a thing. Obsidian, Ethan's Geodude and the sole reason that he won against Falkner, folded his arms and looked away, but after Ethan's pleading and begging alongside a few Poképuffs, the Geodude warmed up to his trainer a bit more. Alice the Gastly, floated about the room as if it to claim it as her private property, before staring at her trainer for a minute or two before returning herself to her ball on Ethan's belt.

Ōtori, Eric's Pidgey, the ace of his team, spread his wings and clucked softly, seeing a lot of people around. Vulcan, the most timid of all the Pokémon, being a Cyndaquil, silently walked over to Emily and curled up on the girl's lap to sleep when she picked him up.

"Seems like that's everyone. Let's go!" Ethan cheered, fist-pumping.

7. Threadmarks: My Little Pony: Dawn of the Half-Blood (MLP) Chapter 2
    OriginTrainer

Chapter Two
    Trixie woke up late in the morning feeling horrible.

"Oooargh... Trixie feels like she got run over by the train..." She groaned, managing to drag herself upright on the bed she was on.

Just then, the cobwebs in her head began to clear, and she remembered how broke and wasted she was. She was about to sob again, but she also reasoned that since she was broke, she wan't supposed to be on a bed. In a hotel room. Alone and sore.

The alarms that started ringing in her already sore head gave her the impression that some stallion had whisked her away while she was drunk and had his way with her. The unicorn mare was sore everywhere, but she attributed that to her drunken state last night.

Right before Trixie could put a hoof on the mystery of whether or not she was scarred for life, the bathroom door opened and the stallion from last night walked in, looking refreshed and slightly damp. Steam was rising from him in small wisps and he had a look of contentment in his eyes. That is, until he realized that Trixie was awake.

Seeing him, Trixie realized that he had to have saved her last night and let her stay in his room.

"Umm, hi... Trixie?" He asked, to which she nodded.

Time passed for a good five seconds before the silence was broken.

"Thanks for helping Trixie out... Trixie's not usually like that unless Trixie reels in a lot of bits from a show. Not like Trixie has one anymore..."Trixie said, looking down and saying the last part in a whisper.

The stallion cocked his head to the side in slight amusement and pity; he had heard what she was spewing out last night and thought it was just a story designed to get free drinks. He knew how to read ponies well, and he had even heard what she said under her breath. Putting two and two together, he made a decision.

"So... You just gonna stand there, or you gonna freshen up? I don't have all day and hence neither do you."

Trixie's eyes lit up at what she was told that she would be allowed to stay a little while longer with her saviour. Without a second thought, she jumped in to have a warm shower, nearly knocking away the stallion.

He chuckled at her antics while a part of his mind was annoyed.

Why are we helping this pitiful creature? We cannot eat her, she is not a priority, the only use I see for her is-

"Shut up..." The stallion growled, getting Trixie's attention.

"Umm, did you say something to Trixie?" She called over the sound of rushing water.

"Nah, just keep on doing your thing." The stallion answered, forcing a smile.

"Correction; she's a pony, you sack of scales. Also, if I hear you say one more word to me about eating somepony I swear by the sun..." The stallion said in his mind.

You still haven't answered my question, halfblood. Why is she under our protection?

"Must everything make sense to you? You've done things that I only understood after years. Let me tell you this once; I just want to help her get back on her four hooves and then we leave to gather the rest of the pieces, okay?"

I do not see why she deserves sympathy from us, but I will let you carry on.

"Let me? I can do whatever I want, thank-you-not-at-all! This is my body, remember that-"

OUR body, you fool!

"You giving me sass, reptile?! Remember that I have saved this body from countless deaths with or without your help! Remember that I beat you down with my own hooves in that Harmony-forsaken dungeon! REMEMBER THAT I CHOSE NOT TO SCOURGE MY BODY OF YOUR ESSENCE BECAUSE I WANTED TO PROTECT OTHERS AND YOURSELF! REMEMBER THAT, DAMN IT!"
    The stallion roared to himself.

"Umm, a-are you o-okay?" Trixie stammered, looking at the stallion with some worry in her eyes.

The stallion opened his eyes -he had been closing them- and found out that he was radiating heat waves off himself. He took a few breaths to calm himself, lest he answer her with a voice not completely his own.

"Yes, I'm fine." He managed to squeeze out of his mouth.

"We will talk of this later, Scarred King."

As you wish... Crimson Flare...

"Finally, you get it right!"

"Umm, okay? Well, what next?" Trixie asked, quite unsure of herself.

"Hmm... I never really thought of that much... Do you have a source of income?" 'Crimson Flare' mused.

"N-not anymore... Trixie used to have a travelling show." Trixie said, looking down, "Trixie reeled in a bit of bits from that."

"Well, what happened to it?" Crimson Flare asked, already knowing the answer.

"Trixie got shown up by some unicorn called Twilight Sparkle during Trixie's last show... After that, everyone started mocking and avoiding Trixie. Trixie's thinking of working on the Pie's rock farm. Humiliating..." Trixie explained, gaining some of her spirit back.

"Do not lie to me, Trixie. Give me the truth." Crimson growled, making the unicorn gulp in fear.

"O-okay, Trixie'll say what...  really happened." She began, stealing an unsure glance at her saviour, who had an eyebrow raised.

"Trix-I... I boasted a lot about my magical prowess, meanwhile I could only do stage magic. I... Told a little lie-"

"The truth!" Crimson all but roared, making the unicorn flinch and suddenly find out that the floor was infinitely more interesting than the stallion's face.

"Okay, I lied a lot! A whole lot! I said I could vanquish an Ursa Major, and when an Ursa Minor was brought by my fancolts to help disprove any doubts... I froze. It was the single scariest moment of my life. I thought I was going to die... Then Twilight calmed it down and proved that she didn't even need awesome magic to have her friends... I left after everyone noticed I was a liar..."

Crimson had seen his share of sappy tales of woe, and this one definitely fell in one of the least interesting ones, but after all he had seen, he was sure it was one of the most believable.

"Hmm... I'm gonna give you a choice, right now. Either I take you back there, where you'll accept any punishment they decide to dish out on you-"

"Nooooo!" Trixie squeaked, eyes wide as saucers as she looked up at her saviour with tears in her eyes.

"Be quiet..." Crimson growled, feeling his irritation rising.

He was sure that Trixie felt it too, because she immediately shut up and continued her observation of the floor.

"-and probably earn their forgiveness. Or not; I haven't seen what kinda ponies they are. Or, you can follow me to the rock farm where I'll drop you off. It doesn't seem like it's a bad place, plus you'll stew in there for a while, hopefully giving you the backbone you so desperately need to keep you from being a snivelling coward."

Most ponies would think that Crimson's words were harsh, but he was in reality just giving her the hard facts. He wasn't some messiah to shield her from the truth; he was going to help her accept it. Even if she didn't want to.

The wise words of the Thestral Half-blood. He was a worthy opponent and ally.

"Yeah, he was... He's rubbed off on me, the awesome bastard. He always knew he would."

"But b-both choices are horrible.." Trixie whispered.

"Take it or lose it, mare." Crimson finished, walking towards the door.

"In five... Four... Three... Two... One..."

"Wait! I... I want... To ask for forgiveness..." Trixie said, catching up with him and walking beside him.

"Hook, line and sinker."