1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Underrates Stories

Discussion in 'General' started by Heaven Canceler, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

This is a thread for people to share these fanfics, books, comics, mangas, television series etc.... that they discovered at some point and found out were really good.

Then found out that either no one seems to know of it, there is nothing in the form of fanfiction of it, or the thing is older and not one of the big things that get remembered. (Aka, Dragonball, JJBA, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Ai Yori Aoshi etc...)

So I will put in two Manga gems that I believe few people know of for a start. PS: If there is already a thread like this that I didn't know of, please tell me, I will delete this and move this there.

[ur=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/AiKora]Ai Kora (Eng: Love Collage)[/url]: This manga appears like a classic harem comedy at first glance, but it takes some rather unexxpected turns. The main character is Hachibei Maeda (I actually remember his name, which shows how much the manga stuck in my memory.) and is unique due to a specific thing.

He has exact opinions of what a girls body should look like. He hasn't found any girls that have these though, because they are fairly specific or even unrealistic. He goes to Tokyo after succeding in a test to get into a prestigious school, hoping that he will find someone with these parts in the big city. He oes, 4 girls in specific (One of which is a teacher), all of which will live together with him. Things appear a lot like Love Hina at a glance. Aka, boy in girl's dorm, slapstick comedy, over the top comedy etc.... but with a number of differences. One of these is that Hachibei is positively murderous when it comes to protecting the "parts" that he loves. This is to the point where he gains superhuman abilities to fight off threats, which is even noted in the story.

Had some awesome characters and lots of hilarity. Author is the same who made Midori Days, which isa also a very fun story.

Doubutsu no Kuni: Or Animal Kingdom in English, is the story of a young boy who appears in a land where only animals live and no one knows of humans. It is a vicious place where plant eating animals have to fear death every day and carnivorous beasts need to feed their youngs. Every beast can only understand its own "cry" making the boy special, because he can understand the cry of every animal and in turn speak with all of them. At a glance, the art style and a few chapters may make it seem like a mere comedy story, but one who reads the Oneshot that first got the series serialized will see that there is away more to it.

It is a story of a boy struggling with the way the world works, of beasts banding together so as to not get eaten, only for the carnivorous animals to in turn cry out in hunger. At its heart, I feel it is a story of wanting to live, even if it hurts.

I cannot recommend this story enough. The characters feel more real, more heartfelt than in many other series. Even famous pieces like Fate/Stay Night I would easily rate as below this story. It has a lot of plot twists, character growth and incredibly awesome events. Actions, laughter and tears... it is probably one of the best Mangas I have ever read.

Subrosian Smithy likes this.